As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] of Brass: The Artificial Men [Mini] - Game Over, Witch Victory!

• Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lads, I hardly want to be the chap who bursts the proverbial bubble of this delightful bandwagon, but I do feel it is my duty to point out that the vote trickles.

Lacking any real information, I'll toss a vote on CaptainPlanet82 for having the least number of posts in the thread out of all living players.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Farangu then, because he is not me

also other reasons

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Infidel wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Hmm. Well.

If there are any neutrals in the game, or people who think they can win with the mafia, let me know. I'll see what I can do to help you out.

I am neutral tell me who I should get in touch with after you're gone. :winky:

But Infibot

It is you who is my fellow mafia

simonwolf on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey

Hey

Our loss in Death Phalla was not my fault, silly doggie. You're losing sight of the true goal, here.

Simonwolf.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Is it to be Wishbone?

Is being Wishbone our true goal?

I hope it is

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to be Wishbone.

Wishbone was the man.

dog.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gentlemen I will be away for the remainder of the evening (hour?), please behave in a civilized non-robotic fashion.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    But of course. To act in any other way would be most improper!

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If I'm Wishbone, do I bark or do I talk?

I'm always so unsure

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You bark and use words only telepathically.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Read me classic novels, with yourself substituted for the main characters please.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As a note, do re-send questions if I haven't replied to them in some time, it is possible I miss them. If I'm not going to answer a question I'll let you know that rather than being silent.

Vote close is in one hour.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I suppose that's vote close for most of you. But I think I might have a little extra time.

Farangu.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Your clockwork appears to be out of sync by 3 minutes. If you are a mechanical fiend you appear to be faulty

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, technically INANTP said that vote close was an hour from 11:04.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    moleface wrote: »
    Your clockwork appears to be out of sync by 3 minutes. If you are a mechanical fiend you appear to be faulty

You should be so lucky.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hour 2
    Such big imagination on such a little pup

Benny Lucent had been a friend of hers at the university. He was a gentleman, but a bit clueless when it came to the opposite sex. By the time he had suggested to CaptainPlanet82 Helena Tanner that something could happen between them, she was long done with caring about the world of sweet nothings and innuendos. Still, his name was useful, at least, when it was important to be deceptive. As she adjusted her fake moustache, she was grateful for that.

She tucked the Tesla Field Generator back in her coat pocket. A bit of last-minute maintenance on it, to ensure that it would stop the mechanical men. The crowd seemed to have found one, so she had seen an opportunity to duck out. The mob’s hysteria would carry on without her. She had expected lynchings and cheering when she returned to the ballroom. Instead, there was muttering, and glancing around.

“He couldn’t have gone far,” someone near her was saying, “There’s only so many places on this ship to run.”

“What’s…going on?” she finally found the courage to ask. Those around her paused their conversations, glancing around. Only the dull hiss of a malfunctioning steamhat could be heard.

“Why do you not know?” someone finally asked. “Feigning innocence? Stupidity!?” The hysteria of the mob had been quenched without a target, and it took little to convince them. They pushed forward to get her, and with a shriek she backed up as quickly as she could. There was nothing behind her but the stair’s railing. Hands reached out to grab and force, before –

“Deuce! She’s a girl!”

An awkward pause, punctuated by her moustache drifting to the ground.

“IT’S A TRICK!” someone shouted, “THEY MEAN TO APPEAR AS OUR MOST VULNERABLE!”

“No, stop!” she shrieked, “No! Father!

As the railing behind her snapped and cracked, Jacques’ heart froze. He felt the force of her landing inside of him, and the stunned silence as the crowd stared may have been the most deafening cry all night.

The hermetic moved quietly amongst the halls. The victim had taken off down this way, and he suspected that he would find the answers he sought if he trailed them. He had not anticipated how correct he would be.

When at last he discovered simonwolf he could barely be certain it was him. Blood spattered the walls of the small locker. He recognized the watch on his wrist, but nothing else. He had been taken apart piece by piece.

“Well,” he said calmly, “That explains that.” He paused, then, looking at the doorways to the room, both of them ajar. Yet one had been broken, and the other smeared with bile. “…Two attackers?” he mused. “Two men with the same idea, or idle chance?”

He removed his gloves, tucking them out of the way. Best he not be associated with this.

It had not stopped! That damnable ticking – was he truly going mad? Was the stress of the murders and the fear of being targeted finally getting to kuhlmeye? He wanted to cry – like a hiccup that never ceased, or an itch that you couldn’t scratch, it consumed his thoughts.

Would he have felt relief had he known the true cause? Known that had he been more thoughtful, more cautious, he could have perhaps taken steps to prevent it?

Possibly. He would have ample time to ponder such things in the afterlife.

The explosion rocked the ship, and an observer might have even thought it drifting to one side.

CaptainPlanet82 – Benny Lucent Helena Tanner (Inventor of Guard-Capable Tesla Power): Demonstrating the effects of trickle-down economics
    simonwolf - ??? – Squeezed till he popped then mutilated beyond recognition.
    kuhlmeye - ??? – Blown to unrecognizable pieces

A villager has achieved a secondary goal!
    An Artificial Man has achieved a secondary goal!

Role PMs will be out shortly. The next day has begun. Fight the Artificial menace!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh god not roleblock.

Goddamn it.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Goddamn it.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I believe role PMs are out. As always if you feel I've missed you, do shout it out.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So.

We lost our guard.

Presumably two villagers?

And

I am now pretty much completely unable to finish my secondary goal.

Fuck everything.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ooOOOoOOooOOoOOoOOOoOOOOoOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Lads, I hardly want to be the chap who bursts the proverbial bubble of this delightful bandwagon, but I do feel it is my duty to point out that the vote trickles.

Lacking any real information, I'll toss a vote on CaptainPlanet82 for having the least number of posts in the thread out of all living players.

Least amount of votes but most amount drinks. Plus if I don't say anything, then I can't accidentally blurt out mean things about you.

Edit: Ooops. Just realized narration is up. Thanks people. gg

Edit: Edit: I'm still keeping the avatar up and you can't stop me.
    ooOOOoOOooOOoOOoOOOoOOOOoOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Never mind, I seem to be rather tired at the moment. It must have been the wind.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So for right now I think it's safe to put a vote on !garrod_ran for late vote shenanigans that had a pretty significant effect.

I'm not gonna say he's for sure mafia because I think it'd be pretty lucky if they managed to discover our guard so quickly, but I want an explanation.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Also, all right, since I'm pretty sure it's actually impossible now I'm going to reveal my secondary objective: it was to match every player with their character's name. When kuhlmeye brought up his guestbook in the thread I hoped to work with him to achieve my goal, but though he said he was willing to help me, he wanted to confirm names on his own before giving me the list, so I don't even have a list of character names. With roleblock in play, I'm pretty much fucked because I don't see how it would even be possible at this point to figure out Simon's name. He wasn't one of the handful to post in the thread. (I did have kuhlmeye's via PM.)

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    ooooOOOoooooOOOooo

my character was simon woooooooooolf

OOOooooooOOOOoooo

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    why is simonwiflk not ding in ed

what happend

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ohg id the twquika is starting to kick in now

jesus fckjkkkkkkkk

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Quick, someone interrogate him whilst he's in such an inebriated state!

Sir! Have you any connections with robot terrorist groups?

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    no

no robots

onyltr tequika

Alegis on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    garroad_ran.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Clearly this is Reg Rysk's fault for disseminating false information

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, that was a cast-iron clusterfuck last night.

As far as completing secondary goals, well, we got word that an Artificial Man completed his goal last night. And here we have someone crowing about completing thier goal last night.

While I'm not out and out saying we have a good suspect here, it's not like we have any other good leads- at least ones I'm privy to. But it might just be a good seer target if there is one.

So there's someone or something out there with a vote-shield. Cute. Apparently there's also roleblockers and a serial killer. So we can just hope that they meet each other in a dark hallway and blow each other up.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jayson who are you talking about? Who was crowing.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ok so

the vote trickles down

and the identities of both simonwolf and kuhlmeye are hidden. Hrmmm. Could be that rysk was right or that they planned on this (and even shut down simonwolf to catch someone else with the vote instead of just .... shooting that person. Peculiar)

I assume there might be some kind of gravekeer role/doctor who can disseminate the bodies although according to narration there doesnt seem much left to inspect.

Not sure yet if to lynch rysk or not. For the moment being I'm leaning more toward mafia ploy, but the other option is likely as well and killing a seer is not something that should be done lightly. Perhaps there will be an opportunity for him to prove himself.

Alegis on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    On further review, I was wrong about someone crowing. I simply got confused about the funny our gracious host tried to pull a few pages back.

I was going to start talking about kuhlmeye, about how thier secondary might have been suspicious and such- leading certain people to go "oh god he's doing it again, get the sledgehammer"- but then I remembered they got ???'d in the narration. So I won't be doing that.

But I am onto something... quite odd. Something's just not adding up for me, but I want to make sure I have everything down before I post again.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    JaysonFour is a shifty fellow. I'm new to this town, how do you do all.

schuss on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ok two questions from last night - did simon's vote count, and if it did, why did farangu not die?

Langly on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well...that could have gone better.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ooooooooooooooooo

tick, tick, tick

oooooooooooooooooo

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash