As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rick Parry is [chat]

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    yay! vindication!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Hmm this feels like most all of Kanye's career, though?

Like, how hard it was as a kid, teen, and young man- but fuck the haters, gonna get rich. Or just commentary about black culture.

Except, I guess, Hey Mama and a couple other family songs.

well, so I mentioned last page two words, family business, spaceship, workout plan

family business is like, reminiscing on getting together with fam, and how they may be fucked up but that's what fam is

spaceship is about racism at the start, then working your ass off to succeed, and waiting for that big break

I don't know that two words tells a story really, although I quite like it

workout plan is very much in the style that he does today, when it comes to ladies. but I like it

anyway, I guess I just saw more topics that I liked in his older stuff

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Deus Ex is still pretty amazing because of where you can go and how you can accomplish things in missions. They basically just say "go" and you're free to do the thing however you want.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    American movie and tv makers are unable to do casual tits.

That's because there is no such thing in America. Our perception is bare breasts = sex. There is no middle ground.

• Options
    I've played through the first Deus Ex three times with three different builds for JC Denton. That game is hella compelling, yo.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh shit, necromunda uses the 2nd edition 40k close combat rules. Melee is gonna be stupid lethal.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My favourite thing in two words:

"I live by two words: fuck you, pay me."

Those are four words, or maybe two sentences that each have two words.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Dunno what to play. Deus Ex isn't really doing it for me.

The new one? If so, mind sharing why it isn't grabbing you? Haven't played it myself, so I'm curious as to what you think.

Nah, the first one.

This will probably get me crucified but I never found that game particularly compelling.

I keep on thinking I'd have enjoyed it 10 years ago. This is why I usually avoid old game recommendations from fans. Usually they love the game because they have a context for it where it's fresh. There's some exceptions, but it seems any must-plays from more than 7 years ago were only really must-plays then.

I enjoy the irony of this post in the context of your avatar and signature, which are both from a game that apes a 30 year old videogame.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    but skippy

what about the gucci

the hermes

the lanvin

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Skippy you are a hack and you make me sick.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Dunno what to play. Deus Ex isn't really doing it for me.

The new one? If so, mind sharing why it isn't grabbing you? Haven't played it myself, so I'm curious as to what you think.

Nah, the first one.

This will probably get me crucified but I never found that game particularly compelling.

I keep on thinking I'd have enjoyed it 10 years ago. This is why I usually avoid old game recommendations from fans. Usually they love the game because they have a context for it where it's fresh. There's some exceptions, but it seems any must-plays from more than 7 years ago were only really must-plays then.

I enjoy the irony of this post in the context of your avatar and signature, which are both from a game that apes a 30 year old videogame.

I did say there are some exceptions.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Skippy you are a hack and you make me sick.

We've found his weakness! Hurry, Skippy, weaken him further so we can overthrow his tyrannical reign!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Most games still ape early videogames to one degree or another.

Its a simultaneously problematic and entertaining thing.

• Options
    desc wrote:
    but skippy

what about the gucci

the hermes

the lanvin

well yes I forgot

I am not giving mr. west his due when it comes to his love for various brands

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    I don't even know who that is.

Like, I Googled her and still don't know who that is.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a5c1f2716c/successful-alcoholics

Steady the damn camera! It's jittering all over the place!

• Options
    Might drop the Israel theme and adopt a Kanye motif.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I forget what avatar you had forever. Suddenly you were Jay Z or something and it all evaporated. What'd it used to be.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chu: you make this sound like an either/or

you stand at the same precipice upon which a man once stood holding peanut butter and chocolate for the first time

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Might drop the Israel theme and adopt a Kanye motif.

israel is the Kanye of the world

• Options
    I would rather listen to something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC6b5xlzqhU

You want it all but you're scared to fall
    Head to the wall, frustrated
    Time to make your move
    It aint nothin to prove to no one but you so
    See what you got left here
    Hope vs fear
    Scrap at the thang in the mirror
    Clock on wind
    Persevere no time for the insincere

• Options
    edited August 2011
    emnmnme on
  • Options
    i don't think it'd be the graphics.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    The book does a better job of developing nearly all of the characters. Because its 900 pages, can play with time and space and memory better than TV because its a book.

the book has its own share of uncomfortable sex scenes. "Lord's kiss" anyone?

• Options
    Yeah, but, Skippy... that's lame.

• Options
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    The book does a better job of developing nearly all of the characters. Because its 900 pages, can play with time and space and memory better than TV because its a book.

Isn't that oral sex on a lady? I forget. Explain it to me!

• Options
    I forget what avatar you had forever. Suddenly you were Jay Z or something and it all evaporated. What'd it used to be.

frank mir for a while

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

really?

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

really?

notenoughrims/10

• Options
    No actually it's ok. Not really my thing, though.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Yeah, but it's different. It's context. It's... it's not just a random lesbian sex scene behind a monologue that explains the previous three episodes less effectively than the "previously on Game of Thrones" cutscene.

It's, basically, Rude Titties.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

really?

notenoughrims/10

:(

• Options
    Mom and dad stop bickering I don't understand what is happening.

Successful Alcoholics is depressing me....

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Rude Titties are excellent.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Like, a lot of the sex in the books is part of the setting, and part of character development and understanding of motives. It's not just "put a finger in her ass so nerds will have something to jerk off to".

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:

your firearms are too short to box with god!

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

your firearms are too short to box with god!

Excuse me I am quite the marksman I will totally disable God's CNS inside of three shots

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I guess I'm lucky that I just don't really care very much about graphics. Aesthetics, yeah, but graphics, no. I can play pretty much anything but Wolfenstein and the Quake 1-era games.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Mmmmm...

Bangers and Mash with a Vanilla Coke to drink.

Excellent lunch.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    It also kind of turns me off how so many rappers are all about religion. It is p lame to me. Oh well.

Rap is still arguably my favorite genre.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I would say that while Deus Ex is certainly dated in a whole bunch of ways, it's still impressive to play through it once, then read about how there are so many other possible ways to play through it, then play through it again using a completely different approach.

I do think Alpha Protocol might be more accessible for a modern audience, at least until Human Revolution comes out (assuming that doesn't suck).

This discussion has been closed.