As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Deals Thread

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Here's the offical page:
    http://borderlands2.com/preorder/

Long story short is all preorders get the Premier Club linked above; Gamestop gets a special Arena DLC for free that one of the Gearbox folks said here that would be released to the masses down the road a bit after launch, probably as paid dlc.

Other than that, doesn't matter where you preorder it from, you get the same things. The Collectors and Loot Chest editions have more stuff but they're different.

EDIT: As far as the usefulness of the preorder stuff, yeah, it'll probably be just a nice little bonus to get started, which is never a bad thing; particularly with how friendly the game is to just starting a new character and going nuts. Well, the first one was anyway. The key thing, for me anyway, about the preorder bonus, is the free Mechromancer class whenever it comes out. I wants me a pet class something fierce, so that, despite everything else, is why I'm preordered. The "relic" is worded as if it increases your money drops or something to that effect, but who knows. The golden key looks to open a chest that is different than the starter weapons; maybe it'll be a permenant "red" chest you can always access for maybe some good loot? Not sure.

Either way, if you have any interest in getting the game, the preorder bonuses are not bad. Gamestop gets the "best" as usual, but I refuse to get it there for the DLC alone. I'd rather buy it down the road than preorder there.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    They are not bad, that's for sure. I'm trying to gauge if they are worth the extra cost of pre-ordering versus waiting a bit on price. As much as I'm confident in the game being good and worthy, I've learned to be OK with not having a game on release day. It's a bit of a cheap-ass mentality, but I've seen plenty of times how much cheaper a game can get, even in the first month after release. Also, a lot of pre-order content is fully available later on with games lately, like Saints Row: the Third, for example. But most the bonuses for BL2 look like they may actually stay exclusive.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It is a little silly to limit a whole class to preorders. I am fine with DLC that adds on to things, but you know that that was made way ahead. This is like the golem in Dragon Age.

That said I will probably go deluxe vault hunter. I feel these companies are getting greedy. Notice the massive price drop after these things come out. I am temped to just wait.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It is a little silly to limit a whole class to preorders.

It's just free to pre-orders. Other people can get it as DLC.

I'm surprised you can't pre-order on Steam.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I don't know why, but I'm getting a strong TF2 hat vibe preorder for whenever it goes up on steam

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

Still, it is DLC that really should have been in the game, but, I know, there is never going to be any morality in this.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Mass Effect 3 for PC will be $26 (download) on Amazon tomorrow only.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

Still, it is DLC that really should have been in the game, but, I know, there is never going to be any morality in this.

i'm usually pissed off by stuff like this, but since they really didn't have to add 5th class in the first place i feel it's more just a bonus for fans. if you don't pre-order, it's still gonna be a great game, just with 4 characters like the first game.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Plus, it's for all pre-orders, not just at a set location. THAT'S what really pisses me off.

But for all pre-orders? On a game like Borderlands that you're going to buy new anyways, because 95% of people play that game with others and launch time is when it'll be the fresh new thing to play? It's fine.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    ME3 PC version is 26 bucks on Amazon right now, digital deluxe edition is 36, is the extra content worth an extra ten bucks?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    If you care about the lore of Mass Effect, From Ashes feels pretty substantial

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    ME3 PC version is 26 bucks on Amazon right now, digital deluxe edition is 36, is the extra content worth an extra ten bucks?

I think so, yeah. You get the $10 DLC, which is actually pretty substantial, plus some weapons. I wish I'd gotten the Deluxe one.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I forgot it comes with DLC since the DLC is not listed in Amazon's product details.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Tempting to buy ME3, but I still want to give ME2 another playthrough and I'm still knee-deep in Diablo III. I'll probably hold off.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Edit:

Whoops, ignore me! Didn't see the amazon deals have been going on since May 17th.

Karoz on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Sorry I haven't been around here much to keep the OP updated -- tossed the download link on the front page for people to catch.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    More daily deals! LA Noire, Just Dance, Resistance 3, Halo Anniversary, AC:Revelations, Gears of War 3, Dead Island and Mario 3D Land!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321850

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i only see the console versions on sale... sad

nvm found it... it was a separate item for some reason

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I'm sorely tempted (again) by Syndicate at $18, but I doubt anyone is still playing the co-op.

Also, part of the Amazon PC game sale is a "Femme Fatale" 2-Pack of Mirror's Edge and Alice: Madness Returns for $10, which is a heck of a deal.

They're also on sale separately for $5 and $6 each.

• Options
    GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular
    Very nice deals on Paradox games on Amazon, 75% off Sword of the Stars 1 and 2, Crusader Kings 2, and the Magicka collection, or you can bundle all of them together with Victoria 2 for $12.49. Sword of the Stars 2, Crusader Kings 2, and Magicka all activated on Steam for me, the others did not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Gaardean wrote: »
    Very nice deals on Paradox games on Amazon, 75% off Sword of the Stars 1 and 2, Crusader Kings 2, and the Magicka collection, or you can bundle all of them together with Victoria 2 for $12.49. Sword of the Stars 2, Crusader Kings 2, and Magicka all activated on Steam for me, the others did not.
    If you're going to get CK2, you should definitely go for that pack. It's only 2 something more for a lot more game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    Prototype 2 is the daily deal at Amazon, going for $29.99

• Options
    symbolsor wrote: »

Hmm I just bought it from Target for 40 bucks, and I haven't even opened the package. Should I take it back and order it from Amazon?

• Options
    symbolsor wrote: »

Wow, that certainly dropped fast. All new copies of this are that special version with all the DLC, yes?

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    If you consider the on-disc Radnet challenges DLC, then yes.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    If you consider the on-disc Radnet challenges DLC, then yes.

Yeah, Radnet. You still have to download the unlock for it and that requires a code so, yeah, for lack of a better term, DLC.

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Is The Darkness II worth 12 bucks?

• Options
    DeviousRakunDeviousRakun Registered User regular

I'd definitely say so, but of course, my opinion may be different then yours so maybe you should try the demo on Steam first?

• Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular

I'd definitely say so, but of course, my opinion may be different then yours so maybe you should try the demo on Steam first?

I'm at work, so I was not aware there was a demo. This is good news. Thanks!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

I'm at work, so I was not aware there was a demo. This is good news. Thanks!

The answer to your question, though, is YES

The Darkness II is so, so good. There's quite a variety of ways to brutally murder dudes, and they're all seamless and easy to do. You can become a tornado of death and destruction with very little effort. Gameplay is smooth, and there's even a separate co-op(can be done solo) campaign that ties into the main story. Its actually worth playing and just as well done as the main campaign. Plus the ending will leave you clamoring for The Darkness III. So much care and polish went into this game, $12 almost seems like theft.

So... anyway, yeah The Darkness II is pretty rad, you should buy it. :rotate:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Microsoft Store has Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition for $14.99.

• Options
    More Gamefly stuff:

PS3 -- House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut $14.99
    PS3 and 360 -- Saints Row 2 $12.99
    Wii -- Just Dance Kids 2 $12.99
    Wii Play: Motion $17.99

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    More Gamefly stuff:

Just bought Extended Cut used for 30..

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    More Gamefly stuff:

It's $13.99 NEW at Amazon. Do your research before buying!

http://www.amazon.com/House-Dead-OVERKILL-Extended-Playstation-3/dp/B0053B7ICO/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1338539287&sr=1-1

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vegan wrote: »
    More Gamefly stuff:

It's $13.99 NEW at Amazon. Do your research before buying!

http://www.amazon.com/House-Dead-OVERKILL-Extended-Playstation-3/dp/B0053B7ICO/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1338539287&sr=1-1
    Let me rephrase that, a couple months ago. Haven't even touched it yet. And yes I always do my research first, anal retentively so.

• Options
    Overkill is loads of fun, especially if you get a kick out of 70s-style grindhouse stuff.

Against my better judgement I bit on Epic Mickey... I actually had it out, but I'm not that impressed so far. I just spent an eternity fixing rides for gremlins, and now I'm having to fart around not one but TWO combat-free towns. I guess my ten bucks went to me being amused by the concept of the upcoming level "Mickeyjunk Mountain."

• Options
    I really liked the grindhouse theme with Wet, but Overkill just hasn't grabbed me. I think being initially developed for the Wii is a big part of that.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I really liked the grindhouse theme with Wet, but Overkill just hasn't grabbed me. I think being initially developed for the Wii is a big part of that.

?

Does it not work well on Sony's Wii?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Maybe. I'm playing it on PS3. :P

kyrcl.png
This discussion has been closed.