Options

Game Deals Thread

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Square Enix sale on Greenmangaming, up to 75% off: http://www.greenmangaming.com/promo/square-enix-deals-up-to-75-off/
    And an extra 10% off promo code if you fill this survey: http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/06/green-man-gaming-survey-of-2012/

aside from Hitman: Blood Money & maybe Deus Ex: HR, I'd say almost all of those games are likely to hit bigger discounts in the steam summer sale.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I wish I could have posted this when it mattered, but Deadliest Warrior was free at Best Buy today with a coupon from this month's issue of the @Gamer magazine.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    YMMV on that since it requires a manager override.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Any other good coupons in that magazine lately?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Dragon Age II is $5 and Resistance 3 is $10 with their respective coupons.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Yeah but you have the simple argument of; I pay for the magazine, and as such I pay for the coupons in it that you heavily advertise and use to sell the magazine. Unless you are refusing to honor your own coupons, it's not my fault that you guys decided to put a game on sale the same month it was in the magazine coupons.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Yeah but you have the simple argument of; I pay for the magazine, and as such I pay for the coupons in it that you heavily advertise and use to sell the magazine. Unless you are refusing to honor your own coupons, it's not my fault that you guys decided to put a game on sale the same month it was in the magazine coupons.

They clearly know about that, otherwise, Why would some of the coupon games always go on sale?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Yeah but you have the simple argument of, I pay for the magazine, and as such I pay for the coupons in it that you use to sell the magazine. Unless you are refusing to honor your own coupons, it's not my fault that you guys decided to put a game on sale the same month it was in the magazine coupons.
    Spoit wrote: »

They clearly know about that, otherwise, Why would some of the coupon games always go on sale?

Except when they screw up and accidentally put one of the games in the coupons on a deeper sale than they wanted or realized. I know specifically because they told me they had a scrambling internal memo to just honor it for today and they would be changing the price for tomorrow.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    So this Games on Demand sale is going on.

http://majornelson.com/2012/06/14/june-19-25-games-on-demand-sale/

But instead of PoP 2008, it's PoP: Forgotten Sands.

And instead of Bionic Commando, it's Alone in the Dark.

So...yeah.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Forgotten Sands is really good!

Alone in the Dark... not so much.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    If anyone buys from them - Gamefly is recapping all their daily summer deals for PC downloads today - I think I'll be going in and grabbing a few things... Apparently code SLICK0611 will save 10% on top of that. I managed to get Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Dead Space 1 earlier in the sale - gonna go back and get Dead Space 2 for $4.50.

I'd link to the sale page but Gamefly is blocked here...

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I don't know what it was about Alone in the Dark, but I legitimately enjoyed my experience in playing through it and getting 1000/1000 achievements and simultaneously recognize that it is not a good game and I cannot really recommend it to anyone.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I don't know what it was about Alone in the Dark, but I legitimately enjoyed my experience in playing through it and getting 1000/1000 achievements and simultaneously recognize that it is not a good game and I cannot really recommend it to anyone.

Same here. I played it on PS3, which was supposedly much improved from the 360 version. I think the 360 version was patched up to resemble the PS3 version, but I can't say.

I really enjoyed the game due to the unique combat and inventory systems, but I can't recommend it.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

Same here. I played it on PS3, which was supposedly much improved from the 360 version. I think the 360 version was patched up to resemble the PS3 version, but I can't say.

I really enjoyed the game due to the unique combat and inventory systems, but I can't recommend it.

hi5

When I was playing through it, I looked up to see if the PS3 improvements had ever been patched in for the 360 version. While there were apparently plans to do so, it never happened.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    hrm, well i DID like forgotten sands, but i think i beat it in one rental? it was a passable PoP game (much better than PoP 08 anyways)

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Oh, well, shit, that makes things interesting, as I assumed it was PoP'08, which I already owned.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Oh, well, shit, that makes things interesting, as I assumed it was PoP'08, which I already owned.

Well, last week, it was POP08. It was just this morning apparently that they switched 'em out in the sale.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Green Man Gaming has Darksiders 2 on sale for $38! Today only.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/darksiders-ii-limited-edition/

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    '08 is better but the Forgotten Sands is really the sequel to Sands of Time everyone wanted. The problem, or joy depending on your perspective, is that nothing is really different. It feels like a direct sequel that was made 2 years after...only it was made like 7 years later. BUT. It's pretty solid if you really want that experience again. It's a damn sight better than Warrior and like 20% better than Throne.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    '08 is better but the Forgotten Sands is really the sequel to Sands of Time everyone wanted.

POP08 is only better in the sense that it at least attempts to do some things differently compared to previous games. The only problem is that none of its new ideas are particularly good or well executed.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    That's a fair response, but I would have rather played a '10 than more Sands of Time, since I had already played three of those. I loved the art and voice and end (never did the DLC) of '08 and didn't have a problem with traversal or combat. It wasn't amazing, like traversal in Sands of Time, but the combat was on par, if not better. The later Sands of Times style PoPs had better combat, but it was never amazing. Again, though, my feelings on it.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Amazon appears to have gotten more copies of Ico/SotC HD for $20 in stock.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    It's a long shot but does anyone have a gameshark for a gameboy advance they want to sell and/or can find one for less than $20?

Would love to have one.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Don't know if anyone's posted it, but

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-gods-kings/

GMG has Civ V: Gods and Kings 10% off the normal price(as it has for a while), but additionally has another 25% off if you enter promo code CIVIL-IZATI-ONGOD before 11:00 UTC, June 22nd.

(No, it does not stack with the Commandos 3 voucher.)

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    target has starhawk for $29.99

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Dragon Age Pack for $10 at Amazon.

Includes Ultimate Edition of Origins and Dragon Age II.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Still haven't taken advantage of that Live sale. Gonna try to grab a points card on the way home Monday and get in my purchases that night.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SSX and Soul Calibur V are $9.99 each at best buy, with the @gamer coupons from this month.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    SSX and Soul Calibur V are $9.99 each at best buy, with the @gamer coupons from this month.

Are those gamer magazines free in store?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    No, you have to buy them at a normal magazine price.

I think $5?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    yea its $5 for the magazine in store. deadliest warrior is $5 with one of the coupons too, but thats a less notable deal since that game is supposed to be hot garbage heh.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

I'm really debating this. It registers on steam too. I already have it for the 360 and have played it through to completion twice already; but I'm considering getting 2 for the PC for the pretties and hrm. $5.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    yea its $5 for the magazine in store. deadliest warrior is $5 with one of the coupons too, but thats a less notable deal since that game is supposed to be hot garbage heh.

i actually like it a lot, it's similar to the game busido blade. it's a 3D fighter with realistic damage and dismemberment. you can get one hit kills and decapitations.

• Options
    well the disc version is $5, its got both games plus some dlc if memory serves?

• Options
    i bought both already, but that is a good deal for the DLC, which adds some cool characters

hrmmmm

• Options
    you have to buy the magazine for $5 too, if you dont already have one.

• Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's fun. I got them both on XBL. Probably less consistent than Bushido Blade, and definitely faster paced. I always manage to take a spear/bolt/bullet right in the eye when I play with friends.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

I'm really debating this. It registers on steam too. I already have it for the 360 and have played it through to completion twice already; but I'm considering getting 2 for the PC for the pretties and hrm. $5.

I'm very tempted by it as well. But I expect Steam to have it for the same price during the sale and really could use some time between now and then to accomplish other things.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

I'm very tempted by it as well. But I expect Steam to have it for the same price during the sale and really could use some time between now and then to accomplish other things.

I just loaded it up on the 360 to refresh my memory of how it looked; and compared to screenshots anyway, its pretty rough compared to the PC version. I'll probably pick it up.

I think I just got spoiled with Kingdoms of Amalur, which has a smiliar art style, playing on the pc and it looked so amazingly clean. $5 now to test out Darksiders in high-res should give me an indication of how good Darksiders 2 may look comparitively (at least the 360 vs PC version), and Darksiders is not a game I mind having in my steam library.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

This discussion has been closed.