As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Metroid Other M - S14 - Always wear your helmet

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Other M was my first experience with a Metroid game. I have a feeling that this was a mistake... but it put me off the series.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Other M was my first experience with a Metroid game. I have a feeling that this was a mistake... but it put me off the series.

Yeah you should go play a real Metroid game. I suggest starting with Zero Mission.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Skull2185 wrote:

This means you own a Wii.

The correct exposure is to dl Super Metroid and pretend this game never happened.

If you have a device for GBA cartridges, Zero Mission is better (in the sense the map is nicer.)

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:

Oh... oh no. Oh god, we need to put you on emergency care ASAP.

• Options
    Ha ha. I don't own the Wii anymore. I hear that Super Metroid is swell? Perhaps I'll be able to download it on my 3DS in the near future.

I didn't play Other M for very long, but I remember "This is the almighty Samus?"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Oh wow, I'm glad I can catch this on a let's play.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Ha ha. I don't own the Wii anymore. I hear that Super Metroid is swell? Perhaps I'll be able to download it on my 3DS in the near future.

I didn't play Other M for very long, but I remember "This is the almighty Samus?"

No. no this isn't the almighty Samus!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

Oh god we need to erase his entire memory and reboot it with the REAL Metroid games!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

Oh god we need to erase his entire memory and reboot it with the REAL Metroid games!

Quick! You grab the chloroform, I'll grab some bats!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Okay, just what the fuck is going on here.

How the hell does Samus manage to be like 2 feet taller then every woman in this game, yet still manage to be 2 feet shorter then all the men in the game?

WTF?!

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Actually, she is SMALLER than the men.
    That's the thing. Samus is supposed to be REALLY FUCKING TALL but in this game, she is a tiny woman.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Game should have been called Metroid: Samus Needs to be Saved by Men

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote:

and if no man is around, she needs to talk to one on her radio and ask for authorization: The Game.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Maybe I should watch some other of your let's plays. I'm only halfway through and I'm laughing at most of your stupid jokes.

• Options
    Klyka wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:

and if no man is around, she needs to talk to one on her radio and ask for authorization: The Game.: Also she cries alot and completely breaks down while fighting someone she's fought and killed about 20 times before

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh good lord people weren't joking about this game.

At any rate, I'm glad to see more Klyka LP goodness.

• Options
    Klyka's LPs are awesome. He's like MST3K for games

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was a typo on my behalf.

It's like the universe is populated by midget women and giant men.

Argh, this game pisses me off so much.

Remember when this trailer first came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNxeCHpp08E

and everyone was like 'OMFG THIS IS AWESOME!'

Is it possible to go back in time and warn everyone?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:

and if no man is around, she needs to talk to one on her radio and ask for authorization: The Game.: Also she cries alot and completely breaks down while fighting someone she's fought and killed about 20 times before

The worst part is that I remember in Prime when she sees Meta-Fucking-Ridley, she gets this look on her face like she wants to tear his head off.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:

The worst part is that I remember in Prime when she sees Meta-Fucking-Ridley, she gets this look on her face like she wants to tear his head off.

Dude, she's probably the most powerful being in this Universe.

The only people who should be breaking down and crying are the ones who have to fight her.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Peewi wrote:
    Maybe I should watch some other of your let's plays. I'm only halfway through and I'm laughing at most of your stupid jokes.

I tell myself I have gotten a bit more entertaining over the course of my LPs, so I am not sure how well my older ones hold up!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

Samus Aran destroys planets, exterminates entire species, sends the Space Pirates into a panic when they suspect she may be nearby and is so awesome people think that therefore she must about as real as Santa Claus because no actual living being could possibly be so awesome.

So it's no surprise that Other M came as a bit of a disappointment to some people.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    SyphonBlue wrote:

Dude, she's probably the most powerful being in this Universe.

The only people who should be breaking down and crying are the ones who have to fight her.

Well, Samus has reasons to cry, hypothetically.

After all "And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Replace conquer with explode, and it fits.

• Options
    The thing is that in the gameplay and some in-game cutscenes, Samus IS a badass.
    Just in the "cinematics" she is an utterly stupid waste of space!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    D:

This is worse than I'd imagined. Although the gameplay looks neat.

So much <3 for Klyka.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Gameplay ++, but between this, and I've gone and looked at some other Other M stuff...oh. Good. Lord. Is it possible to play through the game (Because I want to) but with a mindblock so that when cutscenes come up that completely screw with Samus's nature they just disappear?

I thought the way interaction with Samus was handled in Prime 3 was pretty good, this is *sigh* Granted I thought Metroid Fusion's handling was dumb too.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I have to ask though...are the cutscenes skippable? Because that would make the game actually playable.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote:
    I have to ask though...are the cutscenes skippable? Because that would make the game actually playable.

On your first playthrough? NO.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:
    heenato wrote:

Bravo, Sakamoto. Bravo.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    heenato wrote:

Bravo, Sakamoto. Bravo.

But the cutscenes look so pretty. Why would anyone want to skip them?

• Options

But the cutscenes look so pretty. Why would anyone want to skip them?
    Because they SOUND like someone is putting cheese graters to your ears.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    skipping the cutscenes would be just wrong, you have to relish them and all their awfulness

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    heenato wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    heenato wrote:

Bravo, Sakamoto. Bravo.
    Sakamoto.jpg

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:
    Sakamoto.jpg
    A sarcastic bravo, of course.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The thing I find really baffling is the size of Samus's jugs. Maybe it's just the skintight outfit creating some kind of visual illusion, but those honkers are ridiculous even by video game standards.

• Options
    reVerse wrote:
    The thing I find really baffling is the size of Samus's jugs. Maybe it's just the skintight outfit creating some kind of visual illusion, but those honkers are ridiculous even by video game standards.

It's Team "Dead or Alive" Ninja. I'm not that surprised, really.

• Options
    They are quite big, true.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    After examining her babies, I figure they're each about a third the size of her skull. Laura still has her beaten.

*sniff*

I miss the days when I didn't attribute a dull witted monotone about babies to Samus.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote:
    After examining her babies, I figure they're each about a third the size of her skull. Laura still has her beaten.

*sniff*

I miss the days when I didn't attribute a dull witted monotone about babies to Samus.
    And you still don't. You attribute them to Sheamus Aran.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Ehhhh.... don't quit your day job, Klyka.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --