As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

September 11, 2011: What will you be doing?

12346»

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote:
    Bagginses wrote:
    If all the world's conspiracy nuts were shot into the sun, I wouldn't complain.

Which conspiracies? We probably shouldn't get rid of all the Belgium-Congo conspiracy nuts or we'd be out of historians.

We'll start with the moon landing people and 9/11 Truthers and see what's left.

Can't we just have Buzz Aldrin knock them out?

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:
    a5ehren wrote:
    Bagginses wrote:
    If all the world's conspiracy nuts were shot into the sun, I wouldn't complain.

Which conspiracies? We probably shouldn't get rid of all the Belgium-Congo conspiracy nuts or we'd be out of historians.

We'll start with the moon landing people and 9/11 Truthers and see what's left.

Can't we just have Buzz Aldrin knock them out?

September 9, 2002

never forget

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    CBS replayed 9/11 last night, the unintentional documentary shot by two French filmmaker brothers. If anyone hasn't seen it, I'd recommend watching it honestly. It's bizarrely pure, it doesn't carry the stench of "breaking news" or the manufactured emotion of all the tributes that popped up in the past 10 years because it wasn't supposed to be about 9/11, it was just two French guys making a documentary about a rookie firefighter.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    My day yesterday was spent going to church in the morning, moving stuff around my house, then going to my fiance's bridal shower to get all of our awesome swag and move it in. It literally took all of my afternoon and evening to do these things, so I had no time to watch the news, nor would I have watched it even if I had the time. I knew that, short of another terrorist attack, the news (and tv in general) would be full of memorial stuff and annoying faux patriotism.

I am not against people remembering 9/11 or having moments of silence, but the morbidity parade that floods the tv on the anniversary of the event every year is beyond stupid. Absolutely no one that wants to remember 9/11 needs to remember it in HD and in the comfort of their living room.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    CBS replayed 9/11 last night, the unintentional documentary shot by two French filmmaker brothers. If anyone hasn't seen it, I'd recommend watching it honestly. It's bizarrely pure, it doesn't carry the stench of "breaking news" or the manufactured emotion of all the tributes that popped up in the past 10 years because it wasn't supposed to be about 9/11, it was just two French guys making a documentary about a rookie firefighter.

I'd fully agree with this and would much prefer they play it every year as a way to memorialize it rather then what they've been doing for the last few years.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee