As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Also, I will be moving from Florida to Colorado around the 18th or so of next month. It shouldn't really impact anything, but I will assign some additional people to be able to Validate the Leagues if need be at that time.

That is going to be such a system shock. Like, our summer weather is Florida's winter. Are you punishing yourself?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Also, I will be moving from Florida to Colorado around the 18th or so of next month. It shouldn't really impact anything, but I will assign some additional people to be able to Validate the Leagues if need be at that time.

That is going to be such a system shock. Like, our summer weather is Florida's winter. Are you punishing yourself?

To be honest, I HATE the Wang of the USA. I grew up(6th grade through High School) here, and promptly moved away. But got talked into moving back here for a Woman, and that didn't work out, so there is nothing tying me here(except family, but they don't count cuz they like the Heat and hate the Cold). So, I LOVE the cold, I would rather Shovel Snow every god damn day, then have to drive around in my car another time, with the AC on when it's Christmas. Of course, I said that last time I left Florida, and still ended up back here for 4 years. Gah...Yanno, now that I think on it, it's a toss up on whether I dislike Florida more or my stay in Mogadishu.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Honestly i lived in florida for 18 months, and got hit by 5 hurricanes and as i left florida.. i just missed Katrina in NO by a week. So needless to say i wasn't meant to live in florida.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I lived in Florida until Andrew leveled my whole city in '92.

Where'd I go after that? Sucky, sucky Virginia.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, BlitzAce and I got our game in. He's doing a write-up of what must be one of the bullshittiest games ever played.

Seriously, at multiple times, we were both looking at each other across the interwebs going, "Nah - that can't have just happened."

Great game, though, and best of luck with the rest of the tournament (especially your next game, you Nuffle-sucking so-and-so ...).

Elf v. Elf ended 2-1, with the Hairpieces beating the Bark.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I just got done living in florida for 7 months (May to January[From Wisconsin]). Wasn't that bad.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    stupid double post... uh, next week plz!

Veevee on
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    So, BlitzAce and I got our game in. He's doing a write-up of what must be one of the bullshittiest games ever played.

Seriously, at multiple times, we were both looking at each other across the interwebs going, "Nah - that can't have just happened."

Great game, though, and best of luck with the rest of the tournament (especially your next game, you Nuffle-sucking so-and-so ...).

Elf v. Elf ended 2-1, with the Hairpieces beating the Bark.

Validated

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Thanks!

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, Tree-Hugging Hippie Crap vs. Pompous Pompadours. That was certainly a thing. Some may say "Typical Elves". Some may say "Trainwreck". One thing is certain, however: Nuffle giveth, and he taketh away.

The Pompadours won the toss, and chose to receive. The instant the ball was kicked, an enraged fan began throwing rocks onto the field, nailing Simenion ' Spiky' Tathron (Pomps, Blitzer) in the head and momentarily stunning him. A few KOs occured for both sides other the next 4 turns, eventually resulting in the Hippies getting possession near the line of scrimmage. Turn 5, the ball was knocked out of the hands of Chihuahuah Spruce (Hippies, Thrower), but still with teammates near the ball. The Larch (Hippies, Catcher) picked it up, running for the endzone... only to trip on one of the rocks thrown from earlier. Turn 6, he promptly got up... and fumbled the ball off the field, with it being thrown back on close to the endzone, dead centre of the field. Turn 7, Daugien Barbershop (Pomps, Lineman) picked up the ball, threw a pass to his brother, Arlathtan Barbershop (Pomps, Lineman), who ran to the line of scrimmage and handed the ball to Menanornion 'Mohawk' Elenethir (Pomps, Thrower). Mohawk then ran deep into Hippie territory, effectively resulting in the ball moving 3/4 of the field in a single turn. With plenty of support, Mohawk ran in the first TD of the game. 1-0 Pomps.

The first-half ended with a whimper, as only 1 of the 4 KOed players woke up, and nothing much happened beyond that.

At the start of the second half, the teams were back up to full strength, as the Pomps kicked off. Straight away, Bluff Oak (Hippies, Lineman) smashed the knee of Arcaunar 'Anime' Larenglinaeil (Pomps, Lineman). Fan reaction was ambivalent, as while they were glad to see something bad happen to the Pomps, they also hated the whole concept of violence. Turn 12, the Hippies found enough space for English Walnut (Hippies, Lineman) to launch a pass upfield, into the waiting hands of The Larch, who ran it in to tie the game 1-1.

That was when Nuffle decided to smile on the Pomps for the second time in the game. After Mohawk received the ball from the kickoff, he passed it to Horthborn Barbershop (Pomps, Lineman). The Pomps saw a gap down the left of the field, and moved the ball carrier and his support into it, clearing a path as Arlathtan badly hurt Plum Starmoon (Hippies, Wardancer) and took her out of the game. A failed GFI by the defense later, and Horthborn was able to make a short pass to Daugien 'Dreads' Undoos (Pomps, Lineman), running it into the endzone the same turn, 2-1 Pomps.

Just as Nuffle gaveth, however, he would soon taketh away, as by a cruel twist of fate, the enraged fan from earlier had returned with more ammunition, and this time, he finished what he started; rocks fall, Spiky dies. Rumours around the stadium are that the fan had caught Spiky sleeping with his wife, but no definite details have been released to the public as of yet. With the majority of the surviving Pomps staying back from the kickoff, all the Hippies could do was have Chihuahuah make a vanity pass, and foul Erugoldur 'Emo' Taldilinryl (Pomps, Lineman), with Emo being badly hurt, and the offending player sent off. Final score, 2-1 Pomps.

So I'm down two players for the next game, and minus one Blitzer. On the plus side, Mohawk leveled due to getting MVP, rolling 4+3, and taking Accurate. Bluff Oak got the MVP for the Hippies, and also leveled. Looks like Elvenshae has played it safe and taken Block.

Most comical moment of the match had to be the buildup to The Larch fumbling it, as I had said in the chat that I was praying to Nuffle for him to fail the pickup and have the ball near my unmarked players... only for that to actually happen. I just wish I didn't have to pay for it with a Blitzer sacrifice. :?

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'm going to roll over the extension league week at the end of monday, then its the final week. Custom special still has all the comissioner powers i left him with, so he can validate if I'm not around. I think the league is running out of steam, so hopefully we enough juice to make it to the conclusion. Good luck getting these games played.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If I was in a league this would never happen. Just saying.

Also why does the open league allow some of the ridic inducements. Can that be changed?

mrt144 on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Man. This game fucking hates me.

Good game Rami.

• Options
    Regular League Season 1: Day 2 ( Started: 19 March Ends: 25 March )

Docshifty vs [PA]Draeven
    Extreaminatus vs Custom Special
    BlitzAce1981 vs WSDX
    [PA]Drake vs Elvenshae
    Dudeman vs Drome
    Palington vs Stopgap
    paperuts6 vs Tiger Burning
    TNTRooper vs Veevee
    ebotacular vs TheInspector
    Gabriel Pitt vs moleface
    Banzai5150 vs Moridin889
    Mallishious vs Fooms
    KafkaAU vs TheLawinator
    Gnizmo vs Kafkanhound

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Also, the Original Regular League stalled, and thus the new League was created. IS THERE enough interest/people to fill in for those that quit, to keep it going or should I just delete the League and bury it?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    delete it!

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Just keep it simple and blow up that league, imo. There are already three other leagues and the extension league season is almost done. That will provide the opportunity to look into options of expanding the extension league a little if need be or perhaps even coming up with a new third league involving existing teams from the other leagues. I think this will be a good compromise for the people who wanted to use existing teams in the new league since we decided to use new teams instead.

DudemanX on
    Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I am playing all leagues forever. I am the everyman.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Docshifty send me a pm so we can line up our game, thanks!

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Palington, I have no plans tommorow, so there is a good chance you can contact me for blood bowl awesomeness.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Stopgap, just sent a friend invite over steam. I may have a window in a couple of hours to play, otherwise a little later this afternoon might work.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    I am available for an open league game right now.

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Palington, I will be around at random times over the course of the day.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    After a few games conceded from internet issues (of all the times for my DSL modem to go down, during BB? Really? Cmon Nuffle!). Had a fun game with halflings despite losing 3-1. Had a decent game with dwarfs but need to figure out how to score and protect them when running. So far really like the halflings as an alternate team. If any of you want to play against them I'd be more than happy to go for it. And goblins.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Elvenshae, accept my friend request for an easy win. :P

• Options
    mrt144 wrote: »
    I am available for an open league game right now.

Still open for a game if anyone is out there.

• Options
    oh yeah, heres my info

mrt1212 - @mrt144 - Pope Bourbon The First

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    @banzai5150 Tomorrow perhaps?

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    @banzai5150 Tomorrow perhaps?

I should be available anytime except somewhere between 5pm - 7pm EST. Any time before or After is good.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It has been brought to my attention, that I, in my old age, have some how managed to leave @papercuts6 of the Regular League master list. This was NOT intentional at all, so I apologize for this.

Now then:

papercuts6 - @papercuts6 - Steam Name

Fill in the blanks for this old man please.

Also: If ANYONE that is in the BB Regular League(or just wants to) it would BEHOOVE you to add me as a friend on Steam as that's how I communicate primarily then when that fails I come and post here.

Lastly, anyone wanting in on the Steam PA BB group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pabb

Shoot me, ZH or the creator of the Group, Adellios a Steam msg to be added.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Who is oddllama? Interested in Open League match?

• Options
    Thanks for the write-up, Blitz! But, let's be very clear here ...
    Turn 12, the Hippies found enough space for English Walnut (Hippies, Lineman) to launch a pass upfield, into the waiting hands of The Larch, who ran it in to tie the game 1-1.

What actually happened was you said, "Okay - it's time for you to make your own incredible play." On my next turn ...

The ball was in three unfriendly tackle zones, with my thrower, Chihuahua Spruce, knocked down 1 square to the north of it, and a smattering of linemen in nearby, but non-advantageous positions.

Thus, my War Dancer leaped over your blocker (?), and pushed him back a square on a 2-die block, clearing one of the tackle-zones on the ball. A lineman charged in to assist a second in throwing a block on one of the remaining Pompadors covering the ball, and suceeded in pushing him back - only to realize, after the fact, that the only place he could push him was into the ball. (I'd meant to push him 1 square north, cascading into the player you had stationed there and allowing me to push him away from my thrower, making the snatch-and-grab much easier.)

Luckily, though, the pushed Pompador was not able to pick up the ball, which bounced even further to the left and came to rest immediately next to the line, albeit in a free square uncovered by Pompadors.

So, Chihua Spruce, even if he hadn't been laying down in two tackle zones, was now unable to reach the ball in a single turn, since he'd have to circle all the way around the scrimmage. Inspiration struck (and, I figured, if one of your linemen could toss a ball, mine should be able to, as well), and English Walnut ran in for the pick-up, maneuvered to take the Pompadors out of easy interception range, and hucked the ball downfield to The Larch.

The Larch caught it easily, but was that it? Was that enough for the goal? No. He, in fact, had to make his way around the two remaining linemen between him and the goal line, requiring not one, not two, but three Dodge rolls (he had to reroll the 2nd) and a Go For It. Which, somehow, he managed to pull off, unlike basically every other Go For It roll by either team the entire game.

Seriously, I think we failed more 2+ rolls than we made.

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited March 2012
    Hey @mrt144, I can give you a game now, if you want. It doesn't even have to be your halflings. :)

edit: although maybe I shouldn't, Bloodbowl has disconnected me twice in the last ten minutes. hrm.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    God, I've been sitting in Open League for hours now.

Alright, Tiger and I got a game going. I will need to play with my Humans soon so I can get past the 4 injuries I took last game.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Me and Extreaminatus just finished our Regular League game.
    First block of the game, one of my blitzers dies...and I accidentally click NO on the apothecary reroll...I have the worst time with apothecaries.
    I ended up scoring first half, and then killing one of his chaos warriors! Then one of my linemen gets MNG (I thought it was my thrower, they look so similar!), I reroll with apothecary and my other choice is...you guessed it. DEAD. I went with MNG.
    Later in the second half I take a 2D block vs his minotaur, get both down and figure at least it knocks him down. Which actually means my guy somehow KILLS himself in the block.

Final tally for the game:
    Dead blitzer, dead lineman, 3 touchdowns for humans.
    Dead warrior, bad injury (nothing serious) minotaur, 0 touchdowns for chaos.

WOW this game.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Validated

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Wow. Just so you know when you have the apothecary roll pop up, the player that it is going to be used on pops up as the selected player in the active window down the bottom right.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Wow. Just so you know when you have the apothecary roll pop up, the player that it is going to be used on pops up as the selected player in the active window down the bottom right.

I think he probably did a "banzai" where as you meant to click Yes and actually click No. This has happened I don't know how many times when I'm thinking, GREAT I pushed that guy, keep this guy here, and then, "Follow up?" YES.. wait what? NO NO NO NO.. god dammit

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    He also said he used the apoth on his lineman when he thought it was his thrower (after the no misclick).

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Note to self: Don't try and pass on very sunny days.