Options

[Walking Dead] Finally - the wife is hooked.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yeah it was a bit predictable but still pretty heavy shit. guy playing shane did a really good job too

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    yeah it was a bit predictable but still pretty heavy shit. guy playing shane did a really good job too

Oh no doubt. I loved it.

• Options
    i almost expected
    him to come out with it to rick

"i did something"

D:

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote:
    i almost expected

"i did something"

D:

I almost expect that
    Shane will reveal it Lori as a sort of "Look what the hell I did for you and your son" sort of thing.

But who knows?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Sassori wrote:
    Vann Diras wrote:
    i almost expected

"i did something"

D:

I almost expect that
    Shane will reveal it Lori as a sort of "Look what the hell I did for you and your son" sort of thing.

But who knows?
    i almost just... don't want him to ever tell

like character development wise he decides there are some secrets you just keep

that sounds counter productive for a TV show but i think it could be done well

but that won't happen it'll come out in some drama bomb reveal

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    Vann Diras wrote:
    i almost expected

"i did something"

D:

I almost expect that

But who knows?
    i almost just... don't want him to ever tell

like character development wise he decides there are some secrets you just keep

that sounds counter productive for a TV show but i think it could be done well

but that won't happen it'll come out in some drama bomb reveal
    season finale drama bomb cliff hanger for sure

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I just don't care anymore
    Im still watching this show
    but I just
    Dont
    Care

• Options
    pretty much how I feel right now.

• Options
    Nah still love this show

So long as Rick Shane and Darryl are there

I doubt anything could make me dislike it

• Options
    edited October 2011
    the lil asian dude is cool
    the hick with the crossbow is cool
    the old dude with the rv is pretty ok but man I dont care about your emotions that much
    hot cop is hot but talks and broods too much

everyone else can just leave the show and stop being boring and dumb as bricks

Kochikens on
  • Options
    also seriously
    LET OUR LITTLE BOY LIVE
    BECAUSE THERES STILL DEER IN THE WORLD FOR HIM TO GAZE UPON

DEER THAT RESULTED IN HIM BEING SHOT.
    BY THE WAY.

• Options
    Kochikens wrote:
    also seriously
    LET OUR LITTLE BOY LIVE
    BECAUSE THERES STILL DEER IN THE WORLD FOR HIM TO GAZE UPON

DEER THAT RESULTED IN HIM BEING SHOT.
    BY THE WAY.

That was not the point of that speech at all

• Options
    whatever
    i am with the lady
    in the event of a zombie apocalypse where everyone is fucked
    just kill me
    please
    shoot me in the head so I dont come back as a zombie
    I can't be bothered with surviving
    it is just so much work for so little reward
    everything is bad forever

• Options
    Booooooooo

Lame

• Options
    AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    Andrea is hands-down the greatest character in the comic.
    Why the fuck is she such an annoying, useless piece of shit in the show?

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Andrea is hands-down the greatest character in the comic.
    Why the fuck is she such an annoying, useless piece of shit in the show?

I think they're just taking the slower path to her being a badass.

• Options
    that better be the case, because if not, I'm going to whine about this a whole bunch

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That was the first enjoyably unexpected thing that's happened. I liked the way they edited it together, too.

I still found myself flipping between channels during half of the Rick and Lori scenes. At one point I was thinking, "hey maybe this episode will be done soon." Then I looked at the clock to find it was only 20 minutes in.

• Options
    When Shane's betrayal was revealed in this recent episode, I turned to my roommates and said "Well holy shit, it's starting to get into the theme of the comic."

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Seriously, if you haven't seen the episode, don't click the spoilers.
    If Otis is seen later shambling around as a zombie (dunno if they would have totally devoured him or not before he 'spoiled'), is there any way the gunshot wound could be traced back to Shane?

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Yes cause Herschel has his forensic evidence kit there at the farmhouse

• Options
    kingworks wrote:
    If Otis is seen later shambling around as a zombie (dunno if they would have totally devoured him or not before he 'spoiled'), is there any way the gunshot wound could be traced back to Shane?

Doubtful.
    It could have just been some other survivor that tried to shoot at a zombie and missed. It'd be sort of nice to have someone be able to make that accusation but I doubt it'll happen that way. Plus, who is going to want to get that close to a zombie?

If the rest of the group finds out it'll be because Shane reveals it. Whether as a confession, an angry shout during an argument, or a drunken revelation.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Good thing this week's episode ended so strongly, I was about to give up on the rest of the season until it came out on DVD

Hope it continues to improve

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    whatever
    H
    i am with the lady
    just kill me
    please

Nah, you just got to hold out for a couple years. Zombies rot; they'll be gone eventually.

WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    SA wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:
    whatever
    H
    i am with the lady
    just kill me
    please

Nah, you just got to hold out for a couple years. Zombies rot; they'll be gone eventually.

I don't think they'll completely disappear on their own though. We've already seen that they can eat at least some animals. There was the horse in season one and they found a raccoon (I think) in the inside of that zombie they cut open.

But they will probably die down in numbers as food becomes less available. They don't seem to like animals as much in comparison to human flesh because there were dogs running around the city going uneaten.

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote:
    kingworks wrote:

Doubtful.
    It could have just been some other survivor that tried to shoot at a zombie and missed. It'd be sort of nice to have someone be able to make that accusation but I doubt it'll happen that way. Plus, who is going to want to get that close to a zombie?

If the rest of the group finds out it'll be because Shane reveals it. Whether as a confession, an angry shout during an argument, or a drunken revelation.
    Darryl: I noticed that geek was hit with a .357 - same as yours Shane. What are the odds?
    Shane: *gives Darryl a dirty look* Let's go forage for supplies Darryl.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    ^Dogs are harder to catch. They'd startle, avoid people more than a tame horse.

Only at the intro right now, and I really hope Shane
    survives. Logical part of my brain says "yup" he's gonna be fine cause of the intro where he shaved, but man. I do not see how he's getting out of this with chubby in tow.

Also, loved the story of Shane stealing the car.

EDIT: What a twist,
    Shane is slowing Chub down. HAH.

EDIT EDIT: AWWW SHIT

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    E
    Sassori wrote:
    SA wrote:
    Kochikens wrote:
    whatever
    H
    i am with the lady
    just kill me
    please

I don't think they'll completely disappear on their own though. We've already seen that they can eat at least some animals. There was the horse in season one and they found a raccoon (I think) in the inside of that zombie they cut open.

But they will probably die down in numbers as food becomes less available. They don't seem to like animals as much in comparison to human flesh because there were dogs running around the city going uneaten.

Zombies eat, yeah. But do they digest and receive nutrients from what they eat? I don't think so.

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    That was the first enjoyably unexpected thing that's happened. I liked the way they edited it together, too.

I still found myself flipping between channels during half of the Rick and Lori scenes. At one point I was thinking, "hey maybe this episode will be done soon." Then I looked at the clock to find it was only 20 minutes in.

I did the same thing, Lar. But, I felt like this episode was more good than bad, even with the hammy Rick/Lori stuff. I really thought that Andrea and Dale had a more interesting take on the same subject. Then again, I think Dale is awesome.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    SA wrote:
    Zombies eat, yeah. But do they digest and receive nutrients from what they eat? I don't think so.

Depends on the material in question.

I always figured zombies don't digest anything - their bellies swell up with undigested meat, eventually rupturing, showering the horde with their rotting meat & shit fountains. Then they keep on eating, meat falling straight out of the hole that used to be their stomach.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Larlar wrote:

I did the same thing, Lar. But, I felt like this episode was more good than bad, even with the hammy Rick/Lori stuff. I really thought that Andrea and Dale had a more interesting take on the same subject. Then again, I think Dale is awesome.

Dale has a heart.

In his own special way.

I like him.

• Options
    I prefer Daryl's tough love approach.

You opt out, then fuck you.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Also, if you're going to hang yourself, use a higher branch.

• Options
    If you get bitten I think it's quite noble to off yourself rather than come back as a ravenous monster that may pose a problem to your friends and family. Especially if we're talking about Romero zombies that have some sense of memory.

• Options
    SA wrote:
    If you get bitten I think it's quite noble to off yourself rather than come back as a ravenous monster that may pose a problem to your friends and family. Especially if we're talking about Romero zombies that have some sense of memory.

I think his biggest complaint was that the dumbass didn't even do it right after he got bit.

But to opt out when you aren't even hurt is stupid. At least in his mindset.

• Options
    Sassori wrote:
    SA wrote:

I think his biggest complaint was that the dumbass didn't even do it right after he got bit.

I was operating under the impression that he wasn't bit prior to hanging himself.

• Options
    I'd like to think that Daryl was playing it up for
    Andrea.

There have been plenty of times that Daryl has "wasted an arrow" on an otherwise harmless Walker - like the "Shut up" moment last week. He was probably just making a point to her; giving up is for little bitches, and Andrea should not be a little bitch.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Larlar wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    SA wrote:

I was operating under the impression that he wasn't bit prior to hanging himself.

I thought the note said something about him getting a fever after getting bit?

Someone was talking during that part so I could be wrong.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Man, if you get bit, you need to have yourself tied down until you turn.

You could be immune and holding the cure in your blood, but instead of waiting to see you shot yourself and now you're just some dead asshole.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sassori wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    SA wrote:

I thought the note said something about him getting a fever after getting bit?

Someone was talking during that part so I could be wrong.

Oh yeah, maybe. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, either.

Larlar on