As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but not over the lameness of countdowns

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Cantido wrote:
    Bullio wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    Wait according to the dlc bit in the OP.
    you don't have augs?

I didn't get the upgrade chip though because I'm not an idiot.

You get Metroid'ed.

Adam had a baby and lost his fucking mind?

His augs got infected with
    a sentient parasite and had to be removed, leaving you powerless (and limbless) and you spend the game finding new augs (and limbs) while being chased by your old, now sentient predator, limbs.

Screw it, I'd play the hell out of that. Spoiler just to be nice to those who haven't played all the metroid games.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    So seeing as how Belltower is all over this AND it's set after what they did Heng Shaw...yeah, the time to reconsider your job was well before the super-cyborg with arm blades showed up guys.

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Well, I am upset.

I beat The Missing Link on Give Me Deus Ex! difficulty. Totally nonlethal run, no augmentation upgrades, no weapon use, nothing.

I beat it and no Factory Zero achievement.

I did use a fire extinguisher to break something (by throwing it) so I reloaded a save I had before that and replayed the last hour of the game.

No Factory Zero achievement.

I got factory zero. Apparently to get the achievement you have to not only not use weapons and explosives, you can't pick them up at all. Drugs/alcohol are still fine to pick up though (ie. hypostims, beer etc) and I accidently picked up some ammunition once and was not penalized for that. But you cannot pick up any weapons, or explosives at all.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Drez wrote:
    Well, I am upset.

I beat The Missing Link on Give Me Deus Ex! difficulty. Totally nonlethal run, no augmentation upgrades, no weapon use, nothing.

I beat it and no Factory Zero achievement.

I did use a fire extinguisher to break something (by throwing it) so I reloaded a save I had before that and replayed the last hour of the game.

No Factory Zero achievement.

I got factory zero. Apparently to get the achievement you have to not only not use weapons and explosives, you can't pick them up at all. Drugs/alcohol are still fine to pick up though (ie. hypostims, beer etc) and I accidently picked up some ammunition once and was not penalized for that. But you cannot pick up any weapons, or explosives at all.

Well, that is unbelievably stupid.

I will probably play through again, but probably on the easiest difficulty. As far as I'm concerned, I already earned Factory Zero on Give Me Deus Ex! I also played through the whole game as a ghost. I will most likely just run around bashing people in the face as high profile as possible in my next playthrough.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    So in regards to the DLC Missing Link, does anyone know...
    where in the hell all the pieces for Quinn's rocket launcher are?? I looked and looked and I only found one of the three, and I think it was the scope

Help? :cry:

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    god damn this game is great

saved the manager lady in the first mission, started talking to her about her dead husband, she starts crying

then accidentally hit q and robot uppercut'd her straight to the floor

Biosys on
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    where in the hell all the pieces for Quinn's rocket launcher are?? I looked and looked and I only found one of the three, and I think it was the scope

My memory is spotty, but:
    The barrel is in the first dock section you enter, in a crate stacked on top of other crates in what is (if memory serves) the northwestern corner. You'll need to stack boxes to climb up.

The other piece is in the northern most dock section. When you first enter this section, there's a tunnel of crates on your right leading to the southern wall. The piece is in the tunnel.

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Sneaks wrote:

My memory is spotty, but:
    The barrel is in the first dock section you enter, in a crate stacked on top of other crates in what is (if memory serves) the northwestern corner. You'll need to stack boxes to climb up.

The other piece is in the northern most dock section. When you first enter this section, there's a tunnel of crates on your right leading to the southern wall. The piece is in the tunnel.

Forgive my ignorance, but when you say
    dock section
    do you mean the
    the open area loading bay, that has the roof mounted turret and the access tunnel to where you meet Keitner?

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or is there no reason to leave any enemies conscious if you want as much XP as possible? You get points for takedowns and kills, but nothing for complete avoidance.

• Options
    Is it just me, or is there no reason to leave any enemies conscious if you want as much XP as possible? You get points for takedowns and kills, but nothing for complete avoidance.

Ummm...You get XP for "ghosting" areas.

• Options
    And you can do that while taking guards out, you just can't let any of them see you in the process.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Yes, best way is to knock out every guard, not let any bodies be found, and then go on. You get max xp per guard, plus smooth operator (for no alarms) and ghost (for not being seen).

Oh and melee knock outs of course. None of that tranq rifle bullshit.

• Options
    There's no XP benefit or achievement for sneaking past everyone, correct.

Though I played through the first time mostly as a ghost and the NPCs kept saying "you are quite a ghost" and there was also a comment about not leaving many bodies around or something. It matched my play perfectly, so there may be in-game dialogue that changes subtly depending on whether or not you knock everyone out.

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    dock section
    do you mean the
    the open area loading bay, that has the roof mounted turret and the access tunnel to where you meet Keitner?

Your ignorance is probably not ignorance. Rather, my terminology is probably bullshit. That said, that is what I meant when I said
    northernmost dock section.

The other area, the one I referred to as
    the first dock section you enter,
    is the
    loading area that contains a box guard near the doors to the northernmost dock area.

Have I helped or have I made things more confusing?

• Options
    Sneaks wrote:
    dock section
    do you mean the

Your ignorance is probably not ignorance. Rather, my terminology is probably bullshit. That said, that is what I meant when I said

is the
    loading area that contains a box guard near the doors to the northernmost dock area.

Actually, I think you have helped quite a bit. So if I understand correctly, basically, I should
    search in and all around the northernmost dock station/loading bay?

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I had such a hard time finding the weapon cache in Detroit doing that mission with the crooked cop. I spent so much time skulking around the gang base I got so frustrated I killed all the gang members so I could search for the weapon cache without watching my back. I then find it in one of the first areas I was ing. So annoying, but ultimately my own fault for not looking a little closer at movable boxes.

Love the game though. I never played the original only Invisble war (which I really liked). Some of the stuff that the guards do is great.

Spoilered just in case
    One example, sneaking around the FEMA base, I opened a door at the same time as a guard happened to turn towards it, I was out of site so he didn't see me but he noticed the door open and no one come through and then said "Weird that door just opened but no one came through". It didn't set the guards to alarmed but they did go into suspicious mode. I managed to sneak into a corner and hide and everything went back to normal. It's great how you can get totally immersed in the world just by simple things like that.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    My one of these arrived yesterday
    deus_ex_trenchcoat.jpg

I actually bought it because it looks cool, not because it's a Deus Ex thing. It does indeed look very sharp.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    i really want to like this game but the stuttering is reaaaaally making it a chore..

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Sneaks wrote:
    dock section
    do you mean the

is the

Actually, I think you have helped quite a bit. So if I understand correctly, basically, I should

I believe
    They are all in Loading Bay 1 and 2, yes.

There's a thread on Xbox 360 Achievements with a post explaining the locations in fairly nice detail. I don't have the link but if you google correctly, you should find it.

• Options
    ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote:
    deus_ex_trenchcoat.jpg

I actually bought it because it looks cool, not because it's a Deus Ex thing. It does indeed look very sharp.

Darley, how is the craftsmanship? I actually really like the look of that coat even if it weren't a Deus Ex item, but I'm leery about buying clothing online when I don't get a chance to actually try it on.

See you in Town,
    -Z
  • Options
    darleysam wrote:
    deus_ex_trenchcoat.jpg

Darley, how is the craftsmanship? I actually really like the look of that coat even if it weren't a Deus Ex item, but I'm leery about buying clothing online when I don't get a chance to actually try it on.

It seems pretty good, all told. I'm not a clothing connoisseur so can't vouch for the overall quality of the fabric and stitching, but it feels sturdy and reliable. I knew the material wasn't leather before I bought it, and I'm really glad of that (because I do not want to be the Matrix). I will say it looks darker than it does in the picture, being properly black rather than the sliiight greyness that it seems to have there. Lastly, I wanted it to fit closely so went with Large, and it does indeed fit me quite well. Normally I'd opt for XL with clothing because I'm tall and broad-shouldered, but didn't want it hanging off me like a sail. As it is, with just a tshirt underneath it almost looks a little too loose, with a jumper as well it fits fine, and the waistcoat bit inside can also be removed for a little extra room if needed.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    one question: do you own morpheus glasses yet? because man you gotta if you're gonna rock that thing right

• Options
    There is yet to be a pair of sunglasses made that doesn't make me look like the ultimate douche. I figure I already tread a fine line with that coat, right between "I could snap your neck" and "I look like a guy who thinks he could snap your neck, but would instinctively try to click a right-mouse-button if called to do so".

forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote:
    There is yet to be a pair of sunglasses made that doesn't make me look like the ultimate douche. I figure I already tread a fine line with that coat, right between "I could snap your neck" and "I look like a guy who thinks he could snap your neck, but would instinctively try to click a right-mouse-button if called to do so".

Between my Deus Ex marathon and now Fallout: New Vegas, I keep trying to right-click on people IRL.

Let me just warn you: People tend to take offense to this.

• Options
    Drez wrote:
    darleysam wrote:

Between my Deus Ex marathon and now Fallout: New Vegas, I keep trying to right-click on people IRL.

The middle finger: a socially unacceptable gesture in one situation, vital to conversation in another.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    darleysam wrote:

The middle finger: a socially unacceptable gesture in one situation, vital to conversation in another.

Hahahah, I like that. :^:

• Options
    Drez wrote:
    Sneaks wrote:
    dock section
    do you mean the

is the

I believe
    They are all in Loading Bay 1 and 2, yes.

There's a thread on Xbox 360 Achievements with a post explaining the locations in fairly nice detail. I don't have the link but if you google correctly, you should find it.

Thank you. I'm gonna look that up right now.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    evilthecat wrote:
    i really want to like this game but the stuttering is reaaaaally making it a chore..

For me, everything is fine but the tutorial videos.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    My only beef with the game is the animated movements of the ppl you talk to throughout the game; like the karate-chop during dialogue. I've killed people for less.

• Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    Factory Zero: Not as bad as it seems, once you get the hang of the layout and throwing boxes. I wouldn't advocate doing it on max difficulty, though – it's just too gimmicky.

I quite enjoyed the DLC, simply due to the callbacks to DX1, and plot fragments that were omitted even there.
    And I see there's plenty of groundwork for further expansion, although I'd hope for a new protagonist. Adam is getting to me, and also has that whole 'might drown hundreds of people' thing going on.
    Typhoon turret: Also made me stop and trigger it just to see how it looked.

From a gameplay standpoint, I'd have liked the ability to recharge at clinics and the like. Health regeneration was also bothersome, but given the damage level, I'm not sure about how much could be tweaked there.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to buy one of the trenchcoats

but they won't ship until January : (

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    RadioElectricRadioElectric Registered User regular
    My only beef with the game is the animated movements of the ppl you talk to throughout the game; like the karate-chop during dialogue. I've killed people for less.

Same as it ever was?

• Options

Same as it ever was?

Well this is actually my first real exposure to the franchise, unfortunately. Not much of a PC gamer.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I have a spare copy of Deus Ex 1 Game of the Year edition to gift on Steam - if you haven't had the chance to play the original, throw me a PM. First up gets it.

EDIT: gone already! that was fast.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I guarantee you it was claimed by someone who already has it, but just couldn't stifle the reflex to own/install Deus Ex.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote:
    I have a spare copy of Deus Ex 1 Game of the Year edition to gift on Steam - if you haven't had the chance to play the original, throw me a PM. First up gets it.

EDIT: gone already! that was fast.

Damnit. I would of loved to have that.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Adam's business cards say: S. I. Security Chief and Augmented Parkour Ninja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huPsCh1efkk

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Not much for parkour since Adam's only ability is "jump high," but <3 Mirror's Edge nod.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Not much for parkour since Adam's only ability is "jump high," but <3 Mirror's Edge nod.

Jump high and "float".

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    If you have to float you have failed at doing something parkour. ;-)

s7Imn5J.png
This discussion has been closed.