As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but not over the lameness of countdowns

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Wow this game runs like ass even on a 980Ti. Anyone have any performance recommendations other than just turning down to High?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Normally I dont bother to get leaderboard placements, but this was on my 3rd run trying to find all the hidden data storages on this stage, thought it was a nice surprise placing first on global leaderboards for that.

N8xsCOXl.jpg

Breach feels like they really want you to buy Booster packs and my Praxis earnings are pretty damn slow, you need shitloads of Praxis to get everything, just the hacking tree alone is like 28 praxis kits.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Turn off MSAA. I'm running with TXAA and Very High textures and all the fancy stuff like cloth and ambient occlusion turned up and it's doing very nicely on an RX480. Bear in mind that the High preset is what they based their recommended specs on.

They also posted this handy-dandy tuning guide on their forums (via tweeter)

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=190749

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Wow this game runs like ass even on a 980Ti. Anyone have any performance recommendations other than just turning down to High?

Turn contact shadows down to "On". And there's another setting which can be Off, On, or Ultra too, which should be turned down to On.

Oh, and turn off Msaa if you're at 1440p you don't need it.

I'm running everything else on max at 1440p.

Edit- with a 980Ti.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I'm pretty lucky because most games, even bad launch games like NMS and Arkham ran well.

Deus Ex runs pretty great on slightly sub-Ultra with a 970. Only 4gigs so I can't get all of Ultra.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty lucky because most games, even bad launch games like NMS and Arkham ran well.

Deus Ex runs pretty great on slightly sub-Ultra with a 970. Only 4gigs so I can't get all of Ultra.

I've had to drop quite a bit in order to have acceptable minimum frame times on my 970, and even went to the point of triple buffering to smooth things out...but I'm also running a 4 year old CPU. What sort of frame rates are you getting on the demo? And if they're good, tell me your settings!

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Computer Specs:
    i7, 970, SSD, 16g ram.

I run everything on Ultra, but I turned down texture size, that hard shadow option, shadows set to high instead of ultra, and the temporal anti-aliasing. (It's supposed to be faster but it made things look odd and drag a bit.) I don't have a screenshot of the game atm to show settings.

I didn't run the demo but the game plays at 60fps steady. Only at the *very* beginning of the first load is there about 5 seconds of 'load lag.' After that it's smooth sailing.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    so...
    if you complete The Golden Ticket by getting the police to try and arrest them, does that void pacifist?

Didn't think they'd gun him down like that.

edit: Fortunately they don't count it against you, according to these threads.

edit: solved

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    You are missing something.

Let's say the recharge amount is 20%, because that's about what it looks like to my eye.

In Human Revolution, it would only recharge to 20%, and only if you were below 20%.

But in Mankind Divided, it will recharge by 20% even if you are above that. For example, if you are at 100% energy and use 15%, you'll regenerate that 15%. If you are at 100% energy, and consume 30%, you'll regen 20% of that, leaving you at 90%.

It's a small difference, and functionally not that distinct, but the key advantage to it is that you can now stay prepared at full 100% energy all the time without wasting your free rechargeable energy segment.

Every ability that uses energy will drain your maximum. If you are at 100% and use an ability you aren't going back to 100%.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »

Let's say the recharge amount is 20%, because that's about what it looks like to my eye.

In Human Revolution, it would only recharge to 20%, and only if you were below 20%.

But in Mankind Divided, it will recharge by 20% even if you are above that. For example, if you are at 100% energy and use 15%, you'll regenerate that 15%. If you are at 100% energy, and consume 30%, you'll regen 20% of that, leaving you at 90%.

It's a small difference, and functionally not that distinct, but the key advantage to it is that you can now stay prepared at full 100% energy all the time without wasting your free rechargeable energy segment.

Every ability that uses energy will drain your maximum. If you are at 100% and use an ability you aren't going back to 100%.

Either way, you go through charge more slowly than you did in Human Revolution. I like the new system a lot.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Is anyone having issues? There's an update but I'm getting

"Content Servers Unreachable"

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    FalvesFalves Registered User regular
    Anyone on PC able to log in to the DX Universe app?
    I log into my Square Enix profile through Steam, so I'm not sure which e-mail and password I'm supposed to use on the app.
    When I try to use Steam's e-mail and pass it gives me a "connection error, try again later".

• Options
    edited August 2016
    so...
    if you complete The Golden Ticket by getting the police to try and arrest them, does that void pacifist?

Didn't think they'd gun him down like that.

edit: Fortunately they don't count it against you, according to these threads.

edit: solved

I had the same dilemma and solved it like this.
    f71Anc0l.jpg
    Just melee takedowns on all their asses, while never being seen.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    The "science" talk in this game can be a bit stupid sometimes: "3D-printed city. . ." Yea. I'm sure that'll pass inspections.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Falves wrote: »
    Anyone on PC able to log in to the DX Universe app?
    I log into my Square Enix profile through Steam, so I'm not sure which e-mail and password I'm supposed to use on the app.
    When I try to use Steam's e-mail and pass it gives me a "connection error, try again later".

Even if you login with your Steam account there is still an email/username and password associated with your account.
    Now the problem with the "connection error" is some kind of bad code the app uses and it refuses to accept some passwords with special characters, I changed my password to something simpler and suddenly it started working fine.
    https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app Account>Account Information>Update Account Information>Update Password

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    @M-Vickers did you do the papers/checkpoint sidequest in the first area? What was your resolution to get Pacifist?
    I let the female cop kill him, didn't void it.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    The "science" talk in this game can be a bit stupid sometimes: "3D-printed city. . ." Yea. I'm sure that'll pass inspections.

Actually... We're moving towards 3d printed houses now. It's fairly accurate that we would have 3d printed cities in 10-20 years. Less wasteful.

https://youtu.be/SObzNdyRTBs

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Seriously, what kind of doofus thought 11 saves should be maximum?

I have a terabyte space, let me save more.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Um.... I have like 30+ saves.... Not counting the ones I've deleted

No I don't.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Try changing your download region to something outside the US. That worked for me.

I don't know why that's the fix but it seems stupid.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    So consoles got fucked on the save front, for no reason? Good to know.

Same on PS4 I'm guessing?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    It's rather funny, and somewhat appropriate, that the most earnest, most human, conversation so far that Adam has had in my game, has been with
    Eliza, a rogue artificial intelligence

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    Has anyone done the side mission 'The Harvester'?

I can only find 6 out of the 7 pieces of evidence

Regarding the piece you're missing:
    There's a piece of an implant that's been impacted into the wall next to the corpse.

I finished it last night. Just in case anyone's wondering. There is a brief cutscene inside the credits. It does shed light on certain things. Unfortunately, the credits (at least on the PC version) are unskippable, so if you want to watch the scene be prepared to sit through a very long credit crawl.

Ah yes, thanks, that was the piece I was missing.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I'm pretty much speedrunning this ghost/pacifist run, but then I need to go back and really comb the city. I feel like I missed a ton of stuff the first time around.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

Ouch, that sucks.

No I don't.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    My play clock was up over 10 hours before I even went into the HQ last night, so much time doing side quests and breaking into apartments and shops.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Ouch, that sucks.

Especially since I'm the kind that saves before every segment of the game, I cant even do that up to where I am now with those 11 saves.

It's already getting really annoying and for what fucking reason? I dont see a point in it, should have been at least 50-60 or simply what you have room for, on your HDD. Its not 1997 anymore Eidos.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah

11 separate manual saves, and then 2 auto saves

bummer

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Microtransactions for more saves coming? :wonk: "Bla bla bla, first party issues were responsible for very few saves."

Seriously, this should be addressed in a patch and whoever signed the "Good enough" on that part should get a little lecture on how things usually work in that regard in year 2016.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    11 saves, as in save slots?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Yes, but some PC/Xbox/PS4 people are also reporting an (unintentional?) hard save limit sometimes locking down the save function so it permanently says "Unavailable" and starting a new game doesnt affect it.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Try changing your download region to something outside the US. That worked for me.

I don't know why that's the fix but it seems stupid.

That worked! Thanks!

And thanks, UK!

• Options
    I have 85 manual saves and 2 auto saves from Dubai (prologue/tutorial) alone.

Is this some PC/non-PC thing?

deus_ex_mankind_divided_savescreen_1_zpsoijf988t.png

deus_ex_mankind_divided_savescreen_2_zpsuv0oaewq.png

deus_ex_mankind_divided_savescreen_3_zpssdu5aa6c.png

• Options
    Yes, but some PC/Xbox/PS4 people are also reporting an (unintentional?) hard save limit sometimes locking down the save function so it permanently says "Unavailable" and starting a new game doesnt affect it.

Yeah must be some bug. I saved like 11 times within the first 3-5 minutes of the prologue.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Either way, you go through charge more slowly than you did in Human Revolution. I like the new system a lot.

Every ability has an activation cost and an upkeep. The activations cost take from maximum. The upkeep (the part that drains down) recharges.

I have been selling extra biocells because the stack only goes to 25. The permanent rechargeable part seems to be plenty for everything so far.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, separate save slots on XB1

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I have 85 manual saves and 2 auto saves from Dubai (prologue/tutorial) alone.

Is this some PC/non-PC thing?

Its a moronic limitation on consoles for no apparent reason.

I would probably have 10 saves per mission if I could, but nope 11 slots total.

• Options
    That is ludicrous.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I had 35 manual sales total for my whole first run. Maybe in the hundreds if you consider my quicksaving obsession. I can't even imagine doing it with less than that...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
This discussion has been closed.