Options

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but not over the lameness of countdowns

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    I suck at stealth, so every location I infiltrate suddenly has a shotgun wielding maniac appear in the middle of it.
    Makes for fun times.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Pretty bummed to have missed out on the conclusion of a sidequest due its availability being limited to a brief window of time for no apparent reason.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Went to the Shooting Range, the games gun tutorial keep telling me to holster my gun by pressing L1 + X simultaneously... this doesnt always work and If you hold down X too long you get the "fiddle with gun" options.

But I can just press Y to holster my gun?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I just started a firefight with four cops, tasering two, EMPing an exosuit guard four times before figuring out when I could KO him, chasing down the last guy who was running screaming and firing his pistol at me until I punched him in the throat and headbutted him

Then I walked over to the objective and got the Ghost bonus.

I mean, maybe if it's a poltergeist?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Well, there were certainly no humans present.

You cog.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I noticed Kollers code for his door - 1984, reference game on point.

1984%20email%20image.jpg

There is also another much more hidden code in reference to this certain book, very early on in the game.

41Cx8mY2UNL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    The Fahrenheit-451 door code is a development gag that harkens all the way back to System Shock 1. (You can see that in the other DX games, Bioshock, and others, and I find it cool that they still kept it in.)

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Pretty bummed to have missed out on the conclusion of a sidequest due its availability being limited to a brief window of time for no apparent reason.

Which one?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    The Fahrenheit-451 door code is a development gag that harkens all the way back to System Shock 1. (You can see that in the other DX games, Bioshock, and others, and I find it cool that they still kept it in.)

They amplified the reference to F451 this time around. There's a train 451 which burned down, and the cargo was books.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Which one?
    SM11 - The Last Harvest, which is an extension of the serial killer quest.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I wrapped up The aug city and got back to Prague. It's night now and
    The sidequests are really getting creepy now. Cryptic billboard voices? Aug murderer?

Also a question? When is Koller going to fix my overclock shit?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Found a Stun Gun behind a Picture Frame on a shelf very early on...

In a room I've looked over with a fine tooth comb before, at least 3 times

Seriously, they are good at hiding stuff.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Arg. Want to play but Steam is refusing to download update.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Any Steam users having trouble getting the game to update just change your download region to another country. Fixed my problem right after the restarting Steam.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    I went back to Jensen's after getting back from the aug ghetto and
    HOLY SHIT THE CEREAL! ;.;7

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who makes a goofy grin whenever
    Bob Page (and to a lesser extent, Manderley) show up?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Am I the only one who makes a goofy grin whenever
    Bob Page (and to a lesser extent, Manderley) show up?
    Having replayed the first Deus Ex in the last month, I got a bit of a kick out of being able to name nearly everyone at that Illuminati meeting at the beginning.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    I wrapped up The aug city and got back to Prague. It's night now and
    The sidequests are really getting creepy now. Cryptic billboard voices? Aug murderer?

Also a question? When is Koller going to fix my overclock shit?

About
    2/3rds of the way through the story. After Utulek + some other stuff in Prague.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options

Could you elaborate?

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

Could you elaborate?
    You choose to interact with the cereal and it shows a cutscene of Jensen about to enjoy a nice bowl of Cap'n Crunch when a little evac drop ship toy falls out. He looks all confused and looking at the box until he looks at the bottom and smirks. He puts the box down to discover a handwritten note on the bottom of the box that says "I hope you like the prize inside, Spyboy" Basically Malik is alive

• Options
    edited August 2016

Could you elaborate?
    You choose to interact with the cereal and it shows a cutscene of Jensen about to enjoy a nice bowl of Cap'n Crunch when a little evac drop ship toy falls out. He looks all confused and looking at the box until he looks at the bottom and smirks. He puts the box down to discover a handwritten note on the bottom of the box that says "I hope you like the prize inside, Spyboy" Basically Malik is alive
    Oh, back when I read that message from Pritchard hidden under Jensens floor, I hoped "Spanish Pilot" was supposed to be Faridah at first, but it was just hinting at Alex.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Just left the bank:
    I didn't choose the bank for the story, but I decided to dive in anyways after chatting with the bombmaker. Man, this place is awesome! Lots of places to move around in, lots of secrets. I managed to stumble into the main vaults (wasn't exactly sure how to get there) and there's some awesome stuff inside. The winter EMP rifle in one of them is all kinds of great, and all the story bits too.

Guess in my next playthrough I'm going to swap my decisions.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular

Which one?
    SM11 - The Last Harvest, which is an extension of the serial killer quest.
    I think I've just done that one? Is it the one where you go to the girls apartment after she calls for your help?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    There is just so many interesting gems hidden in plain sight, for example on Jensen's sofa table I found this.

Pritchard is apparently writing a book and sent Jensen a draft?
    KWHmRepl.jpg
    Nuclear Snake - By Frank Pritchard.

There is also a bunch of books about learning to speak czech close by.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    There is just so many interesting gems hidden in plain sight, for example on Jensen's sofa table I found this.

KWHmRepl.jpg

He's been pitching that one since 2027, you could find e-mails about it in his office in HR. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Has anyone done the side mission 'The Harvester'?

I can only find 6 out of the 7 pieces of evidence
    I found 3 on the ground; ID, glasses, EMP fragment, and 3 on the body; needle, bruises, cut marks.

I also got Daria's witness testimony but that doesn't seem to be one of the 7

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

I found 3 on the ground; ID, glasses, EMP fragment, and 3 on the body; needle, bruises, cut marks.

I don't specifically remember, but
    I do remember not having it before I did other parts of that bit of the sidequest. Like go talk to the boyfriend and the cop again.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

KWHmRepl.jpg

He's been pitching that one since 2027, you could find e-mails about it in his office in HR. :P

That was his online handle, too.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I played the first one a looooong time ago and loved it. Started the second but didn't get very far because it felt so different. Do you guys recommend playing the one before this one (human revolution?)? Or should I just jump back on board with this one?

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Human revolution was worth a play through or five.

No I don't.
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »

I don't specifically remember, but
    I do remember not having it before I did other parts of that bit of the sidequest. Like go talk to the boyfriend and the cop again.
    did you get the medical report in the boyfriends apartment ?

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Check the wall.

No I don't.
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I just started a firefight with four cops, tasering two, EMPing an exosuit guard four times before figuring out when I could KO him, chasing down the last guy who was running screaming and firing his pistol at me until I punched him in the throat and headbutted him

Then I walked over to the objective and got the Ghost bonus.

I mean, maybe if it's a poltergeist?

If it was a civilian, I do not believe he counted.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    If you use Multitools to open the doors in Tars apparment (First merchant you meet) none of them agro.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Oh that's fun. Game was running excellent for me at release. Now with today's patch every fourth or fifth quick save is a CTD. Yay.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Stealth is what I do to the guards so I can explore the empty room in peace. I stealth them until none are left standing, and then I walk around and read everyone's email.

I was very disappointed to see the anemic "drag a body by the limb with some terrible physics" mode of body movement again, especially - as was said - since MGSV made body haulin' feel so right. Dishonored had it too, right? I don't know if it was an explicit design choice to do the limb-dragging, but it just feel outdated. Adam can lift a fridge, he can't lift a human? I really, really appreciate that from-behind-cover takedowns pull the target behind cover as well, that's awesome, but then they just sprawl on the floor, sometimes peeking out from behind that cover. I still need to position them to feel safe, and the dragging system just doesn't make it easy.

Especially since I'm pretty sure you could carry bodies in the original game.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Golden Ticket side mission
    I can't decide whose card to activate : (

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    BTW, are any of the side missions outright missable due to time passing? Like can I dick around prague, ignoring everything (including the main quest) and not get screwed because dicking around prague is very fun and distracting.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Rami wrote:

Regarding the piece you're missing:
    There's a piece of an implant that's been impacted into the wall next to the corpse.

I finished it last night. Just in case anyone's wondering. There is a brief cutscene inside the credits. It does shed light on certain things. Unfortunately, the credits (at least on the PC version) are unskippable, so if you want to watch the scene be prepared to sit through a very long credit crawl.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    BTW, are any of the side missions outright missable due to time passing? Like can I dick around prague, ignoring everything (including the main quest) and not get screwed because dicking around prague is very fun and distracting.

Side quests get canceled out by doing main quests that fly you out of Prague. While in Prague, time does not pass.

Speaking of time passing, I just got back from the first time transition quest and it's amusing to see the apartments I looted during the day with their occupants back in the evening acting as if there aren't giant holes punched in the wall and refrigerators moved around.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
This discussion has been closed.