As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: THREAD BORKED, PARADOX SPACE TO BLAME

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Campion wrote:
    Okay Larlar, here's what you do in a situation that's incredibly close.

Flip a coin.

I see what you did there.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Done quite a lot of re-reading this afternoon and man you guys, homestuck is really good

not even to act 5 yet

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Campion wrote:
    Okay Larlar, here's what you do in a situation that's incredibly close.

Flip a coin.

I see what you did there.

;-)

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I flipped 100 coins and they all got heads so Vriska won the fight.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    GOD

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

just watched this

when do i get a recap

at least two of you need to explain this to me, with words

I will do my best, and try to make it as brief as I can.
    John initiated the scratch, while Bec carried off Jade's dead body to her quest bed, but not before killing CD who had just killed her as he was ordered to.

Meanwhile, in the troll's session, Jack has now moved in on Skaia, and uses his red miles to attack Skaia's core, the genesis frog that represents the human's universe, sending bloody red tendrils all over that are now ripping that universe apart.

The exiles are preparing to destroy all of the transport ships, and use them to start rebuilding society. The White King emerges from the time capsule pod thing. Shortly afterwards, Jack also emerges from it and starts killing everybody. He teleports into WV's corkship, and rips out the isotope he had swallowed, which somehow recharges the ship's battery. This is how his arm gets covered in blood. The ship then teleports Jack into the troll's universe, and he proceeds to wreck their shit, as we have already seen.

Elsewhere, Dave and Rose are now flying on Derse, carrying the Tumor. They travel to the core of the planet, where they find both of their respective quest beds. They also find that, inside the tumor, is actually a giant ectobiology machine, with two giant tubes containing both their universe, which is now being torn apart by Jack from the kids' universe, and the trolls' (which will shortly be destroyed when Spades Slick shoots Snowman. Neither Dave or Rose recognizes the significance of the machine, assuming it is just a big flashy bomb.

Now, back on The Land of Frost and Frogs... Jade, having been placed on her quest bed by Jack, now ascends to God Teir. Given that her dream self is now a prototyped kernelsprite that also was prototyped with Bec, Jade now inherits all of these powers in addition to becoming the fully realized Witch of Space. She utilizes her new abilities to stop a giant meteor from obliterating Davesprite, and then boards an abandoned skaian ship. Manipulating space, Jade starts collecting the planets, starting with Skaia, and teleports John onto the ship with her.

Meanwhile, PM mourns the loss of her companions, and collects WV's ring. As the tumor's counter counts down it's final seconds, PM puts on the ring, Jade finishes collecting all of the planets and proceeds to make a new fourth wall, just as the now-scratched Beat Mesa proceeds to dock with Skaia, to begin resetting the session.

In the Alternian universe, Gamzee is having a brief conversation with Doc Scratch, who comments that they are, in fact, Suckers. Just then, the giant ectobiology machine finally goes off, apparently using ectobiology clones of both universes to create the green sun. This has, evidently, been what Doc Scratch had planned all along, to lead the kids into creating it, rather than destroying it. Thus, they are suckers.

The resulting explosion of green signals Karkat and the others, who proceed to move towards the green sun, with the intent of meeting up with the kids. Jack, who is also nearby, observes this from afar, just as PM begins to appear, having put on the other ring and followed after him. Rose and Dave both ressurect from the explosion, having now ascended to their respective God Tiers.

Jade then adjusts the size of the fourth wall (Or perhaps the size of her and John, and the ship) flies into the fourth wall as the session is reset, presumably escaping into the new session.

The end. I think that covers just about everything. I probably missed a few details.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Dave and Rose understand that the tumor isn't a bomb

that's why they share that devastated look with one another.

• Options
    edited October 2011

Why would they have any idea what they were looking at?

Goatmon on

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote:

Why wouldn't they?

there's also the fact that they went to the location they were told to go to and there was nothing there.

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote:
    GOD

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

just watched this

when do i get a recap

John initiated the scratch, while Bec carried off Jade's dead body to her quest bed, but not before killing CD who had just killed her as he was ordered to.

Meanwhile, in the troll's session, Jack has now moved in on Skaia, and uses his red miles to attack Skaia's core, the genesis frog that represents the human's universe, sending bloody red tendrils all over that are now ripping that universe apart.

The exiles are preparing to destroy all of the transport ships, and use them to start rebuilding society. The White King emerges from the time capsule pod thing. Shortly afterwards, Jack also emerges from it and starts killing everybody. He teleports into WV's corkship, and rips out the isotope he had swallowed, which somehow recharges the ship's battery. This is how his arm gets covered in blood. The ship then teleports Jack into the troll's universe, and he proceeds to wreck their shit, as we have already seen.

Elsewhere, Dave and Rose are now flying on Derse, carrying the Tumor. They travel to the core of the planet, where they find both of their respective quest beds. They also find that, inside the tumor, is actually a giant ectobiology machine, with two giant tubes containing both their universe, which is now being torn apart by Jack from the kids' universe, and the trolls' (which will shortly be destroyed when Spades Slick shoots Snowman. Neither Dave or Rose recognizes the significance of the machine, assuming it is just a big flashy bomb.

Now, back on The Land of Frost and Frogs... Jade, having been placed on her quest bed by Jack, now ascends to God Teir. Given that her dream self is now a prototyped kernelsprite that also was prototyped with Bec, Jade now inherits all of these powers in addition to becoming the fully realized Witch of Space. She utilizes her new abilities to stop a giant meteor from obliterating Davesprite, and then boards an abandoned skaian ship. Manipulating space, Jade starts collecting the planets, starting with Skaia, and teleports John onto the ship with her.

Meanwhile, PM mourns the loss of her companions, and collects WV's ring. As the tumor's counter counts down it's final seconds, PM puts on the ring, Jade finishes collecting all of the planets and proceeds to make a new fourth wall, just as the now-scratched Beat Mesa proceeds to dock with Skaia, to begin resetting the session.

In the Alternian universe, Gamzee is having a brief conversation with Doc Scratch, who comments that they are, in fact, Suckers. Just then, the giant ectobiology machine finally goes off, apparently using ectobiology clones of both universes to create the green sun. This has, evidently, been what Doc Scratch had planned all along, to lead the kids into creating it, rather than destroying it. Thus, they are suckers.

The resulting explosion of green signals Karkat and the others, who proceed to move towards the green sun, with the intent of meeting up with the kids. Jack, who is also nearby, observes this from afar, just as PM begins to appear, having put on the other ring and followed after him. Rose and Dave both ressurect from the explosion, having now ascended to their respective God Tiers.

Jade then adjusts the size of the fourth wall (Or perhaps the size of her and John, and the ship) flies into the fourth wall as the session is reset, presumably escaping into the new session.

The end. I think that covers just about everything. I probably missed a few details.

If you miss anything, the wiki has a good summary.

• Options
    Goatmon wrote:

Why wouldn't they?

there's also the fact that they went to the location they were told to go to and there was nothing there.
    Your latter point makes sense, but I'm pretty sure the only one of them with any experience or understanding of the ectobiology machines is John. So I don't know how either of them would realize the thing they were looking at was a cloning machine and not just an elaborate bomb.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Goatmon wrote:

It looks like an ectobiology set-up

none of them were around when John was makin babies sure but those two seem pretty clued in to all the goings on regardless of whether they were present

Seriously on
  • Options
    See my above post, Seriously.

• Options
    Goatmon wrote:
    Goatmon wrote:

Why wouldn't they?

Your latter point makes sense, but I'm pretty sure the only one of them with any experience or understanding of the ectobiology machines is John. So I don't know how either of them would realize the thing they were looking at was a cloning machine and not just an elaborate bomb.
    Rose could see the entire medium and we know that she spent most of act 5 exploring the game's lore and mechanics to find some way to survive

dave's been around for 4 days worth of time, it's reasonable for him to have found out about the machines at some point, especially since he already knew that Rose was his paradox sister when he talked to John at the start of Act 5.2.

• Options
    See my ninja edit, Goatmon

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i thought that the look that dave and rose shared was because they found quest beds and realized they were both going to die reasonably painful deaths in the next few minutes

• Options
    I see no reason why it can't be all of those things

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote:
    incoming "i don't understand anything" bugboy post
    BugBoy wrote:
    okay

watched the flash

in typical bugboy fashion, I don't really understand parts of it
    BugBoy wrote:
    aw, goddamit, gary

ha ha, oh man

so glad I poked around in the bits of thread I skipped
    easily the single best thing to come out of homestuck

• Options
    i thought that the look that dave and rose shared was because they found quest beds and realized they were both going to die reasonably painful deaths in the next few minutes
    I was thinking the same thing.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote:
    That was a pretty kick-ass flash

Not sure how I feel about
    Puppy Power PM

hmm.
    never thought I'd have an excuse to post this again
    sYFpI.png

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    Goatmon wrote:
    GOD

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

just watched this

when do i get a recap

If you miss anything, the wiki has a good summary.

Thanks guys! Now to catch up on everyone else's reactions.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I finally got home and had the chance to watch it a second time. I'm starting to wonder things. Possibly dumb things due to forgotten facts. Let me know if they're dumb.
    1. How were they really tricked into creating the green sun? It was a "bomb" with a countdown that existed once Skaia was fully formed. Why did it matter if they moved it or not? It was still going to blow either way, right?
    2. Is the tumor unique to their session of the game due to the carcinogenic nature of their universe? If not, what about all the other sessions active on Earth? Do they all also have tumors?
    3. I also suppose we still don't know why the Trolls' universe was specifically inside the kids' session either (out of all possible Earth sessions that we aren't following). Or why a base in the kids' session has the power to teleport people into the Trolls' session. Where exactly is the Möbius double reach-around, god damn it. I want to see me a reach-around.
    4. No I don't.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Larlar wrote:
    I finally got home and had the chance to watch it a second time. I'm starting to wonder things. Possibly dumb things due to forgotten facts. Let me know if they're dumb.
    1. How were they really tricked into creating the green sun? It was a "bomb" with a countdown that existed once Skaia was fully formed. Why did it matter if they moved it or not? It was still going to blow either way, right?
    2. Is the tumor unique to their session of the game due to the carcinogenic nature of their universe? If not, what about all the other sessions active on Earth? Do they all also have tumors?
    3. I also suppose we still don't know why the Trolls' universe was specifically inside the kids' session either (out of all possible Earth sessions that we aren't following). Or why a base in the kids' session has the power to teleport people into the Trolls' session. Where exactly is the Möbius double reach-around, god damn it. I want to see me a reach-around.
    4. No I don't.
    i'm really suspecting that the kids universe and the troll universe are the only two universes that exist, which would explain why they are so interrelated

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Larlar wrote:
    4. No I don't.
    1. By moving the tumor into paradox space, the green sun is safe from being reset by the scratch, I think.

2. We really don't know, as we have only seen the one Earth-based session.

3. Might be because the ship was powered up by Jack's first-guardian powers. At least, I think it was.

Goatmon on

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't think there are any other earth sessions, larlar

although if there aren't, I have no clue about fedorafreak

• Options
    fedorafreak, goatmon

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002774

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    i think there's a distinction between Actual Sessions and FedoraFreakLike Sessions

• Options
    edited October 2011
    okay so

for the hell of it I am going through all of doc scratch's conversations and figuring out when he's lied and when he's telled the truth

Red means a confirmed lie, blue means something either confirmed to be true or most likely to be true, orange is something of questionable truth , green is something that hasn't been verified one way or the other, and default text color is for something that isn't a statement and therefore has no truth value, and also value judgments.

I'll also add notes in [brackets] for the false and questionable statements.

Vriska: Deal with this guy.
    Hello.
    AG: Oh my god, why are you talking to me????????
    This is the last time we'll ever talk.
    AG: Still sticking with the white text I see. So smooth and stylish!
    AG: I forgot how much I loved highlighting it to read all the 8oring things you have to say.
    AG: It's like a fun game for super extra handicapped retarded people. Like opening a present! Find out what o8noxious thing the mystery tool typed.
    AG: What is it!
    A parting courtesy, I suppose.
    All the ways I've exploited you were meant to bring about the events that will take place this evening. [Arguably his manipulations extend to her creating Bec Noir weeks/millennia later, which led to Rose creating the Green Sun.]
    Knowing this will provide context for the events in your near future, and will affect how you behave in response.
    These events will be just as important as those preceding it.
    I've gone to great lengths, you see.

AG: You didn't exploit me.
    AG: You are just a petty douche with a 8ad temper who likes to pl8y g8mes, and all I did w8s humor you.
    I did exploit you, very thoroughly. It was easy.
    AG: So full of yourself!!!!!!!!
    Have I ever lost a game?
    AG: Don't ch8nge the su8ject!!!!!!!!
    What subject are you referring to?
    AG: XXXXO
    AG: I'm going to log off in a 8ig huff and you have to promise not to use that nasty trick where you log me 8ack on out of petty douchey spite!
    AG: And then we can go 8ack to never ever talking, 8ecause man! That was heaven when it was like th8t!!!!!!!!
    There's no need for that kind of assurance.
    I'll be brief.
    I no longer hold you accountable for any wrongdoing. In fact, I've given your transgression very little thought since the incident.
    If you acknowledge this amnesty and regard it as sincere, you may begin to find the odds falling in your favor again.
    This may be essential if you are to succeed on your journey.

AG: Mm hmm. Slow down! Man.
    AG: I am just wearing out so many pens taking all these important notes! Fuuuuuuuuck!
    AG: Fuck you for ruining all my good note-taking pens and giving me this terri8le cramp in my good note-taking hand!!!!!!!!
    Incredible, the risks you take with your scorn.
    But of course it was your unpleasant, simplistic temperament that made you so easy to control.
    Vicious and predictable, like an insect.
    If you turn a swarm of wasps on a crowd, the outcome is certain.
    It takes no skilled strategist to understand this. You were in fact a waste of my talents.
    A primitive expedient.

AG: Blech. What a sno8. You're worse than my meddley meddler meddlefriend.
    I wonder why they waste their camaraderie on you. I'll never understand it.
    AG: I thought you said you would 8e 8rief????????
    I'll say one last thing.
    Though the magnitude of the ensuing destruction resulting directly from your actions will be neither possible or necessary for you to fathom,
    there nevertheless ought to be a silver lining.
    The only question is whether you will live long enough to see it.
    I'm not a gambling man.
    But if I was, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Goodbye.
    AG: Zzzzzzzz. 8ye, assh8le.

Vriska: Answer white text guy.
    Well?
    AG: Well what! I am surrounded 8y ghosts and kind of fre8king out a8out it!
    I know.
    I'm asking what you intend to do about it.

AG: I don't know, I guess I will just curl into a little 8all and cry and hope they go aw8y!
    AG: Is that what you want to hear you sick f8ck????????
    Aren't you going to kill her?
    AG: Who????????
    Your friend.
    The one who summoned the spirits.
    AG: Will that make them go away?
    Does it matter?
    She brought them here to torment you. This obviously warrants revenge.
    You know you're going to anyway. You won't be able to help yourself.
    AG: I don't have to do shit!
    AG: May8e I don't mind ghosts. May8e they'll 8e gr8 company once I get used to them!
    No, they are terrifying you.
    There's only one thing to do.
    AG: Ok, so why don't YOU kill her! 8e my guest! Wow, thanks for offering. Wh8t a pal!
    That's not how I work.
    AG: Oh really, well you seemed pretty excited a8out killing Tavros too.
    AG: And you even helped! So I guess that is how you work after all.
    Not really.
    All I did was stand somewhere for a few minutes.
    I just gave you an opportunity to do something you wanted to do anyway.
    You hated him, remember?

AG: I know I did! I still do, I guess. I dunno.
    AG: 8ut I was never gonna kill these people. They were like, off limits I guess?
    AG: These games were just supposed to 8e fun and serve no other purpose!
    They were serving a very important purpose.
    AG: Yeah ok, you getting off on talking a girl into killing her 8uddies sure is important!
    AG: Los8r.
    Again, I didn't talk you into anything, nor am I doing so now.
    You were, and are, going to do this regardless.
    I only ever place myself into positions of tangential involvement with events that will bring about my employer's entry into this universe.
    [ I think at the very least LE's existence is being called into question, even if he is real.]
    I oversee the events as they take place, and ever so slightly nudge them into motion when necessary.
    AG: I'm 8eginning to think you really 8elieve that! So delusion8l. You're just a path8tic, lonely gamer who 8uys into his own character profile 8S.
    The omniscient have no need for beliefs and no room for delusion.
    AG: Hahahahahahahaha!
    AG: You're the dum8est omniscient person I ever met.
    AG: Sure you know a lot, 8ut I know for a FACT there's stuff you don't know.
    That's true.
    But the gaps in my knowledge exist by design.
    They are the pillars of shadow on which my comprehensive vision is built.
    Necessary pockets of void meant to effectuate outcomes I've foreseen and which will require my influence.
    Each dark pocket, in time, will be filled.
    But I wonder why I waste this nuance on you.

AG: 8ecause you need to add more 8l8tant lies to patch up all the holes in your sad cover story.
    I don't lie.
    Deception is only necessary for those like you to achieve their objectives.
    I play with my cards face up.
    [YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!]
    Isn't it funny how during our various matches, I can tell you what my moves will be in advance, and still win?
    AG: ::::P
    AG: Yeah, 8ut I'm getting closer to 8eating you. You'll see.
    Look at that. The short amount of time I have reserved for arguing with a child has expired.
    I will go.
    But maybe you're right. Maybe you are a person with free will and you won't kill your friend.

What do I know?
    Enjoy your haunting.

More shortly

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    The paradox thing makes sense, though. Fuck you, paradox space.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    i think my biggest specific artistic complaint about
    puppy power pm

is that her eyes seem too close together

kinda makes her head look too big

also i agree with speed?'s earlier post about the moving eyes on
    godtier jade

being a little unsettling

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    4. No I don't.
    i'm really suspecting that the kids universe and the troll universe are the only two universes that exist, which would explain why they are so interrelated
    Doc Scratch does say "Instances of myself have spawned in countless universes, and my objective is always the same."
    That seems a pretty solid statement.

• Options
    yeah, I kind of figured that those weren't "real" sessions

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

We just saw the main session get reset, so obviously there's gonna be another one.

We just don't know if it's gonna be terminal or not.

All we really know is that ther'es probably someone in it named FedoraFreak.

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    yeah, I kind of figured that those weren't "real" sessions

Huh. Weird.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    so far that is zero lies except for if you assume he lies later on, in which case "i never lie" becomes a lie

• Options
    I figured there may be other earth sessions but they were doomed to fail and/or just weren't relevant to the story

yet???

• Options
    Goatmon wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    4. No I don't.
    1. By moving the tumor into paradox space, the green sun is safe from being reset by the scratch, I think.

2. We really don't know, as we have only seen the one Earth-based session.

3. Might be because the ship was powered up by Jack's first-guardian powers. At least, I think it was.

1 is what I assumed too

as for 2,
    I could see the ability to warp to your parent session being valuable in some situations. For instance if Bec hadn't ever gotten into the troll session, that probably would have been an easier means of escape for the kids.

• Options
    so far that is zero lies except for if you assume he lies later on, in which case "i never lie" becomes a lie

yeah so far he CHECKS OUT

I'm assuming most of his lies are gonna crop up when he talks to Rose.

• Options
    well, considering that he didn't say a word about making a new green sun and suggested doing the opposite of that

• Options
    edited October 2011

yeah so far he CHECKS OUT

I'm assuming most of his lies are gonna crop up when he talks to Rose.

i'm hoping you find nothing, and everything we thought about the
    tumor blowing up the green sun instead of creating it

was actually just things rose said, and doc ignored

like, i think hussie had this planned out and wrote it carefully, but i haven't read it in ages so i can't say for certain

unintentional on
This discussion has been closed.