As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Wars 2

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:
    4chan is still better than Reddit.

I think we have to admit that this is setting the bar so low as to be subterranean. Reddit ragecomics are so bad I can't figure out who is trolling whom.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    The car I drove when I started college had heated seats and side-view mirrors.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    You know, I wasn't sure whether or not to hope the new SSX would be good. SSX3 is one of the best games ever made and I've been hoping for a proper follow up that isn't terribad. The new videos look really good, except for the 'survive the mountain' TV spot and there are fucking wingsuits.

I am stoked for the new SSX.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    I want a car with air conditioned seats

Is this even a thing? If so, how is this a thing? How is seat based aircon even worth the effort?

have you ever had heated seats in winter? they are amazing

I assume the reverse is the same and would make me happy in sucky Texas summer

Oh ok I see your point.

I've not owned a car for years, as the benefits have been far outweighed by cost, but despite that, I now want a heated seat

I think some cars have heated steering wheels too :O

I want heated break and clutch pedals, so I can drive barefoot year round. I'd also like heated keys, so I could toss them into the snow when I exit the car, yet not freeze my hand when I pick them up the next morning

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Arch wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    new cars are amazing to me

like, even the shittiest cheapest shittiest new cars

if i sit in a car made after, like, 2005

i am like holy shit this is awesome

hey you

how the fuck are you doing? what was wrong? Are you getting better?

well first i went to the hospital with a lot of bloating/distension and some pain

then i found out that i have ascites and it is infected and oh shit! and they started to treat that

and then they were like but o shit bro what caused the ascites in the first place?

so the doctor was all well it could be cirrhosis but i don't think so... it could also be kidney failure, a heart condition, various infections, or any number of cancers

and i was like O.O

then i found out it wasn't my liver

then i was like oh laaaaawd i'mma die

then my doctor was like ok bro it's your heart, either a minor infarction or trauma or very probably an infection

now he is saying i have an infection

they are adjusting my shit and hopefully i'll be home by halloween

this is the most Pony thing I have ever read. Good job Chu.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    Reddit ragecomics are so bad I can't figure out who is trolling whom.

That is super meta

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i like reddit way more than 4chan. but then, i don't use the generalized front page... i never see rage comics, for instance.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Arivia wrote:
    it's lame when fans boo their own team

you should watch hockey

specifically, detroit games

if the fans get angry, they throw octopi on the ice

I was wandering through Washington last night and saw a ton of Red Wings fans. They were all riled up. Apparently people don't like it when their team loses 3-0.

Also one random dude in a Bruins jersey.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    My last car had heated seat and mirrors.

It was totes nice to put the top down on cool mornings, and turn up the heated seats. :D

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:

Is this even a thing? If so, how is this a thing? How is seat based aircon even worth the effort?

Oh ok I see your point.

I've not owned a car for years, as the benefits have been far outweighed by cost, but despite that, I now want a heated seat

I want heated break and clutch pedals, so I can drive barefoot year round. I'd also like heated keys, so I could toss them into the snow when I exit the car, yet not freeze my hand when I pick them up the next morning

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Bob, did Japan show you what I did with your ice cream truck story?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The minecraft authentication servers are sucking. People can't get on my server because they are timing out. I'd turn player authentication off but last time I did, about 15 people joined with pirated, hacked clients and started fucking everything up.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I'm at work and can't play anyway, DK, so it's all good if the servers are unavailable. No problem at all.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Double post

Kalkino on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    holy jesus fuck

so City of Heroes went "freemium" recently. this has brought back a lot of old people, and brought in a bunch of new people, including folks paying to fully subscribe to the game even though they really don't have to (although being a free player sorta sucks so you want to anyway)

so this is mostly a good thing, it helps the game succeed, increases the playerbase, etc. etc.

but one downside is now the PA global chat channel is partially populated by a bunch of fucksticks I don't fucking know who have the worst fucking attitude towards the game.

some of them are basically the worst examples of the stereotypical behaviors of MMO players

• Options
    DK i've gotten pretty sick of SE++'s minecraft servers would it be cool if i came to yours

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    like what, pony

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:

Oh ok I see your point.

this would be even more useful in the land of glaciers and ice trolls

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    It only took about 45 minutes to explain to my dad about how the DVD player can record stuff coming off the satellite box. Jesus christ I hate physical media. I'm really hoping I can convinced him to change his giant pile of shitty recorded DVDs into a single portable hard drive.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    My last car had heated seat and mirrors.

It was totes nice to put the top down on cool mornings, and turn up the heated seats. :D

Why is the hole in the ozone so big?

MYDCMBR!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    it pears cooled seats are pretty limited and most vehicles are more than I want to spend

sad

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    People like playing games, Pony. Nothing wrong with that.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    DK i've gotten pretty sick of SE++'s minecraft servers would it be cool if i came to yours

i dont think you have to ask but i dont think the server is working right now?

i couldn't get on at least

• Options
    Kalkino wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:

Oh ok I see your point.

no because A. why would you toss your keys in the snow

B. who do you think drives barefoot in winter here were we actually have proper winter

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    like what, pony

like, for example

no game is perfect

everyone bitches about things they do not like in the game, and they often bitch loudest about things they have the least power to do anything about

"ugh god damn it this enemy group is ridiculously badly designed" or "30 mission objectives in one mission? fuck that, nope"

this is just a normal thing that happens, people commiserate "Yeah, that group does suck, but you stop dealing with them after 14" "Yeah I had the same problem, skip that mission bro"

whatever

there's sympathy or at the very least a polite nod

instead some of these dipshits are like "maybe if you tried learning to play the game you wouldn't have those problems" "god if you don't like the game don't play" "lol newb"

fuck off

go back to WoW you shit-heels, get off my lawn

• Options
    Whoops

• Options
    Pony wrote:

oh no you can't come live with us

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Arch wrote:
    Pony wrote:

i dont think you have to ask but i dont think the server is working right now?

i couldn't get on at least

oh i know, DK's posting about how it's not working

i just have been meaning to ask for a bit and him posting about it reminded me

• Options
    what's wrong with the SE++ minecraft server?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Horror is the worst genre.

• Options
    DK's server is pretty boss. Although I guess I wouldn't really have anything to compare it to - its the only one I've played on.

But it's active without being heavily populated and there's some great stuff that people have built. DK's railway is awesome. Mine will be better, but his is pretty cool.

Also, Chu and DK punk each other now and then and it's always hilarious.

• Options
    DK's railway is aite

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Speaking of cars, I just bought this baby

2006-chevrolet-monte-carlo-lt-thompsontown-pennsylvania.jpg

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    yeah, people have built some really great stuff

I particularly like chanus's desert castle

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote:

Quid is the worst genre.

• Options
    Quid wrote:
    no u

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:

Oh ok I see your point.

no because A. why would you toss your keys in the snow

B. who do you think drives barefoot in winter here were we actually have proper winter

A. Being care and fancy free is a legitimate goal

B. Not ice trolls it seems

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

basically there's some of the people who want to include server events and some RP elements and that has involved breaking people shit and making esoteric rules about what you can and cannot do when and where

and there's other people who do not like these things at all and just want to quietly build their own whatevers and not have to worry about an obsidian tower that spawns lightning bolts and zombies appearing outside their hand-built village because an admin thought that was an interesting thing to do with some server mods

there's been some shitty attitudes regarding these issues on both sides of it. personally? i'm somewhat ambivalent but the attitude some of the people who run the server have taken to some of the legitimate complaints has made me go "yeah i don't really want to play here"

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    argh. can't connect!

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

basically there's some of the people who want to include server events and some RP elements and that has involved breaking people shit and making esoteric rules about what you can and cannot do when and where

and there's other people who do not like these things at all and just want to quietly build their own whatevers and not have to worry about an obsidian tower that spawns lightning bolts and zombies appearing outside their hand-built village because an admin thought that was an interesting thing to do with some server mods

there's been some shitty attitudes regarding these issues on both sides of it. personally? i'm somewhat ambivalent but the attitude some of the people who run the server have taken to some of the legitimate complaints has made me go "yeah i don't really want to play here"
    Kinda sounds liek what happened to the G&T server.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.