As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In an absolutely stunning twist, there's going to be a GTAV

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    To those weirdos who wanted to a sensible game with no silliness (like that was ever going to happen) they'll be bitterly disappointed to note that the jetski featured is called the SPEEDOPHILE3000

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I think the protagonist is going to be someone brand new. didn't they officially say that all the characters from the old GTA games are dead by the time of GTA4? I guess they could retcon it, but why should they? just invent a new compelling character to fit with your new story, no need to bring back an old one.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Bad-Beat wrote:
    To those weirdos who wanted to a sensible game with no silliness (like that was ever going to happen) they'll be bitterly disappointed to note that the jetski featured is called the SPEEDOPHILE3000

HA!

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    They make a lot of references to the economy being shit in TBoGT

Which is weird given that it's supposed to take place concurrently with IV

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, Rockstar tackling the economic recession in GTA style should be fantastic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    there was literally a mission in the lost and damned where you put bankers and stock brokers on a boat with a cannibal. at the behest of a politician who's a real dick.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Nuzak wrote:
    there was literally a mission in the lost and damned where you put bankers and stock brokers on a boat with a cannibal. at the behest of a politician who's a real dick.

That was a good mission.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    I need to play The Lost and the Damned. I'm probably going to give GTA4 another run through its paces before too long anyway.

• Options
    The Lost And The Damned was really good.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    I need to play The Lost and the Damned. I'm probably going to give GTA4 another run through its paces before too long anyway.

Just play the lost and the damned and ballad of gay tony. They both have a ton of new content

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    Nuzak wrote:

That was a good mission.

It's been ages since I played TLaD. I've completely forgotten about that mission.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Get

My

BIKE

• Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    also the autoshotgun.

• Options
    Nuzak wrote:
    also the autoshotgun.

Now that I remember.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    They released TLatD and The Ballad of Gay Tony as a combo pack on it's own game disc, didn't they? Maybe I can find it for cheap second hand somewhere.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah gonna do this again on PC

icehancer mod

GTAIV + expansions

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Nuzak wrote:

That was a good mission.

It's been ages since I played TLaD. I've completely forgotten about that mission.

It's been ages since I talked to you, you limey bastard.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote:
    So, upon further inspection the side of the squad car says "City of Los Santos".

heh "The Obey and Survive".

There's also STD Contractors, a Speedofile 2000, and Up And Atom Burger.

eCola

It's Infectiously Delicious!

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    there sure are a lot of frame-by-frame breakdowns of everything that might possibly be hinted at in this trailer on the internet

• Options
    what's the name of the song?

• Options
    Rolo wrote:

icehancer mod

GTAIV + expansions

Is your computer a demigod?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Pharezon wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:
    Nuzak wrote:

That was a good mission.

It's been ages since I talked to you, you limey bastard.

It really has! How are you keeping?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Rolo wrote:
    what's the name of the song?

http://grooveshark.com/s/Ogdens+Nut+Gone+Flake/3qnNTW?src=5

oh found it

• Options
    Artreus wrote:
    Rolo wrote:

icehancer mod

GTAIV + expansions

core i5 2500k, 8GB ram, radeon 6970

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Artreus wrote:
    Rolo wrote:

icehancer mod

GTAIV + expansions

Seriously, don't try this unless either you like playing at single digit FPS speeds, or you just blew over a grand on a pair of video cards.

EDIT: Aww, beaten like a red-headed step-child... Maybe get a second 6970?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Most satisfying moment in GTA4; killing Vlad or killing Vlad?

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I wonder if this is the newer version of their engine that they were touting for Max Payne 3

• Options
    Legba wrote:
    Most satisfying moment in GTA4; killing Vlad or killing Vlad?

Dmitri.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    most satisfying moment was picking other players up on a helicopter, flying offshore, and bailing out

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    jumping a helicopter with a moped

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Regarding the end of GTA IV, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who took the choice that I did
    everyone went for revenge and after Rascalov, so Kate ended up dead (right?) and you go after.. the other guy whose name I've forgotten. Personally, I figured that the whole game was telling me to get out of the killing, rather than pursue it. It gave me a choice to stay in or get out, and I went for the money and a comfortable life again. This resulted in Roman being killed and a final showdown with Rascalov beneath the Statue of Happiness, as a thunderstorm raged overhead and rain poured down. Felt like a damned good conclusion to me.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    I did what you did, darley.

Mind you, knowing what I do now, that's not what I'll be doing next playthrough.

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I'm fairly certain GTA IV was supposed to take place in September-October 2008.

Hype for GTA V too!

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    Mysst wrote:
    jumping a helicopter with a moped

Jumping a cop car into a helicopter in multiplayer

That was actually kinda disappointing

• Options
    darleysam wrote:
    Regarding the end of GTA IV, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who took the choice that I did
    everyone went for revenge and after Rascalov, so Kate ended up dead (right?) and you go after.. the other guy whose name I've forgotten. Personally, I figured that the whole game was telling me to get out of the killing, rather than pursue it. It gave me a choice to stay in or get out, and I went for the money and a comfortable life again. This resulted in Roman being killed and a final showdown with Rascalov beneath the Statue of Happiness, as a thunderstorm raged overhead and rain poured down. Felt like a damned good conclusion to me.
    Nico would never take such dirty money with a motherfucker like Dmitri still out there.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I took the revenge route, because that motherfucker had to die.

Didn't care about you now who much either, so I wasn't exactly disappointed in how that worked out.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Darley, you are correct. You made the correct choice that makes the most sense from a dramatic/storytelling perspective.

Also I just realized from watching it again that the narrator never mentions a wife, only kids. Could be he's a newly divorced dad moving with his kids.

sig.gif
  • Options
    his kids are lil CJ and lil Claude

GTA Babies

• Options
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    lovin' the colors in this trailer