As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] - It's a brand new jungle out there! Oh and some kind of bear thing.

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote:
    Volibear sounded a lot cooler before they actually revealed any information about him.

Yeah, the champion spotlight made me pretty uninterested in him :/

qFN53.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Man, all those skins are pretty awesome.

Lux one looks sweet; if only she was a good champion

qFN53.png
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Trus wrote:
    Man, all those skins are pretty awesome.

Lux one looks sweet; if only she was a good champion

How dare you.

• Options
    I own both Sorceress Lux and Spell Thief Lux, she was what you could call my first 'main' but come on, she is very underpowered.

qFN53.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I hate Tristana but I begrudgingly admit that skin is pretty bad ass.

Also, it is hilarious how all they did was change the hat, sword and face on the Chinese Spooky GP splash and left everything else exactly the same.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    god volibear looks so fucking boring

the only way his ultimate could be any less interesting is if they'd just made it an ASPD steroid

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    huh that new lux skin

sky commando and the demacia of tomorrow

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The chain lightning is kinda cool I guess but yeah he looks like a really boring tanky dps.

His passive makes him pretty much impossible to fuck up jungle with though.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    That lux skin and russian hatted bear... awesome

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Oh my god, new Lux skin right as I'm getting my replacement pc parts. It's like Christmas came early. Also, that Tristana skin might actually convince my bro he needs riot points. So awesome.

I'm not familiar with sky captain, that skin makes me think of Cammy's Bison costume. Just not as horrible. Who cares, Lux is wearing something tight and RED! Someone tell me she has different spell looks with this new skin. I'm buying it anyway, but please tell me she gets a red death beam or something.

Also, Lux is not a weak champion. Some people just expect her to be Morganna.

• Options
    lux is a weak champion

doesn't mean she isn't fun

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Lux is a champion who has to stay at range in a meta full of ways to get close to people.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17793544#17793544

volibar confirmed that hyena warwick skin has hyena laughs

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Funny thing about Lux, she can stay at range pretty easy.

Oh an Interro:

Lux is indeed fun, and she's also not weak.

^^ See how I just said whatever I wanted about her with nothing to back it up?

• Options
    the difference is that lux is pretty weak, has no place in the current meta since she's an unviable support and loses mid, and doesn't really do much in teamfights

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Katarina

Shunpo now always moves Katarina behind the target regardless if Killer Instincts is active

I laughed. If that's not proof they are just blindly making changes because seeming active is more important than actually improving I don't know what is.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular

goddamn riot take all my dollars

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    they really need to just hurry up and rework her entirely

she's so fucking old

• Options
    they really need to just hurry up and rework her entirely

she's so fucking old

Lux?

Lowering her cooldowns a fairly significant amount would go a long way, if you combined that with lower mana costs you could basically make her old Orianna (very good/safe pokes)

qFN53.png
  • Options
    Oh boy, where do I start with that.

Not a viable support? Most people consider her a carry with support tricks, so I wouldn't argue her as a mainline support anyway. She can play a very competent support though. What she lacks in shield she makes up for in poke and snare. Lux makes an amazing lane partner due to her harass and her potential to set up and assist in kills. Her laser is also a great finisher, but that kind of quirks in the 'support' role. Her e also is nice if you have a Garen/Shaco in the bush and don't want to ward there just for them.

As for losing mid, you really need to expound on that. The girl is a very dominant middle lane champion. Her farm isn't up their at the stupid level that Morganna has, but she's no slouch. Her range is also very good, able to hit just about anyone from a safe range. She can push a lot of champs out of lane if not set them up for a laser kill in the process. People can argue she's not a strong carry and that's what makes her a bad mid, but it doesn't mean she lost the lane.

Also, team fights are where Lux shines. Both her snare and her shield are made for team fights, and the ungodly low cooldown on her laser lets her ultimate twice in one fight's time. She can do an amazing amount in team fights, and I really would like an explanation on why you would think otherwise.

Personally, I normally get asked to mid as Lux, and it's a blue friggen moon I ever lose in middle lane. I might just be far better than all my opponents, but I doubt it. Also, nothing beats a Lux shield at maximum range into a cluster. It refreshes almost as soon as the first charge lands, so it's a really good way to mitigate burst on multiple team champions at the same time. It just kills aoe.

• Options
    lux is a "very dominant middle lane champion"?

i want to live in whatever parallel dimension you live in where this is true

• Options
    Daris wrote:
    I might just be far better than all my opponents, but I doubt it.

you are also probably playing at a point where what champions are bad and what champions are good literally does not matter, and i heartily endorse you playing champions you find fun like lux as such!

as far as competitively viable champions go though, lux is not one of them, and her absence at high elo does somewhat demonstrate this

it's really not lux's fault - she was pretty good for a while, but power creep just ran past her

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Calling Lux a 'vary dominant middle lane champion' is so incredibly disingenuous. The most powerful/prominent mid carries at the moment are: Sion, Morg, Kass, Kennen, Brand, and maybe Fizz. I have a hard time believing that any of those champs lose to Lux in lane.

qFN53.png
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/a/C2BI6

In game models of the skins

qFN53.png
  • Options
    You know, when people give some support to their claims I tend to consider what they have to say. I also make sure to explain my own reasoning so that a good dialogue can run. If you're just going to keep spouting off about how you're right and I'm wrong, you'd honestly be better served shutting up.

Feel free to keep posting, that was just some advice.

• Options
    there's also been a lot of leblanc lately

xerath and karthus see a lot of use, too, and for good reason

• Options
    that janna skin is siiiiiick

• Options
    SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    zeeny wrote:
    Katarina

Shunpo now always moves Katarina behind the target regardless if Killer Instincts is active

I laughed. If that's not proof they are just blindly making changes because seeming active is more important than actually improving I don't know what is.

Isn't that the point of games? Blindly adding features and then changing them when people disagree with it?

SciJo on
  • Options
    Daris wrote:
    I might just be far better than all my opponents, but I doubt it.

you are also probably playing at a point where what champions are bad and what champions are good literally does not matter, and i heartily endorse you playing champions you find fun like lux as such!

as far as competitively viable champions go though, lux is not one of them, and her absence at high elo does somewhat demonstrate this

it's really not lux's fault - she was pretty good for a while, but power creep just ran past her

I am aware she tends to be absent at higher levels of ELO. I think a lot of it is because of the high variance in what her skills can do and what you're likely to get. The higher the level of opponent, the less likely you're going to get that snare to hit two people in a meaningful way, or likewise make full use of her other abilities. She would definitely take an adjustment by players to fully utilize, and I think that's a big part of it as well.

I will admit, I think a lot of her success being run mid is the player behind her. Still, she does have some amazing ability in middle lane. Her E has a downright silly range, and with proper positioning her Q can be very disruptive to a gank. I very often play her middle lane to great success. You have to be smart with her due to her man/cooldowns, but those really aren't hard to get around in such a passive part of the game.

• Options
    that janna skin is siiiiiick

it does

fuck I do not have the money to buy all of those skins

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Daris wrote:
    You know, when people give some support to their claims I tend to consider what they have to say. I also make sure to explain my own reasoning so that a good dialogue can run. If you're just going to keep spouting off about how you're right and I'm wrong, you'd honestly be better served shutting up.

With all due respect your reasoning is "I do well, and here are things that Lux does."

Lux does not see competitive play. Lux saw competitive play at one point but that is no longer the case due to how the meta has evolved. Think of it sort of like Ashe. Ashe used to be Hot Shit because she had the best initiation in the game, but as melee champions who could easily get to her and stick to her came out, and the meta evolved to the support/AD lane where she did poorly in most matchups, Ashe lost her place as a "pick or ban" champion, and is now rarely seen over carries such as Caitlyn, Vayne, Kog'maw, or Graves. Champions like Nocturne, Lee Sin, Udyr, and Irelia do not give a shit about how many tools Lux has to kite them. Champions like Kassadin, Sion, Morgana, Xerath, Brand, and Kennen do not give a shit about Lux's abilities in lane, because Lux loses trades.

You are basing your appraisal of Lux on your experiences with her, but that is not even a drop in the bucket of LoL. If the general consensus re: Lux is that she's "kind of eh", and you go "No she's awesome and dominant" but have no tournament games, no replays, no streamed games to demonstrate that, all we can say is "We're very happy you're doing well with her and we hope that you continue to have fun playing her." Your opinion is not the opinion of the masses and the onus of proof is not on us.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Looks similar to her other blue skin, but with clothing.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Daris wrote:

With all due respect your reasoning is "I do well, and here are things that Lux does."

Lux does not see competitive play. Lux saw competitive play at one point but that is no longer the case due to how the meta has evolved. Think of it sort of like Ashe. Ashe used to be Hot Shit because she had the best initiation in the game, but as melee champions who could easily get to her and stick to her came out, and the meta evolved to the support/AD lane where she did poorly in most matchups, Ashe lost her place as a "pick or ban" champion, and is now rarely seen over carries such as Caitlyn, Vayne, Kog'maw, or Graves. Champions like Nocturne, Lee Sin, Udyr, and Irelia do not give a shit about how many tools Lux has to kite them. Champions like Kassadin, Sion, Morgana, Xerath, Brand, and Kennen do not give a shit about Lux's abilities in lane, because Lux loses trades.

You are basing your appraisal of Lux on your experiences with her, but that is not even a drop in the bucket of LoL. If the general consensus re: Lux is that she's "kind of eh", and you go "No she's awesome and dominant" but have no tournament games, no replays, no streamed games to demonstrate that, all we can say is "We're very happy you're doing well with her and we hope that you continue to have fun playing her." Your opinion is not the opinion of the masses and the onus of proof is not on us.

I wrote four separate statements expounding on her abilities, and only brought personal experience into the final one. I'm enough of an adult to not consider my experience any kind of expert opinion, nor do I defer to the body of evidence that is the common consensus. I hadn't even seen your post when I typed what I did, and that post was not directed at you.

Also, it's not about proving if she is or isn't a great champion. It's the fact that she's a champion, she has her strengths and weaknesses, and it might be meaningful to discuss them. Saying she is weak without any context is, of course, going to be contested by anyone who plays her regularly.

Daris on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    I'm having deja vu at this lux discussion

• Options
    Yeah, not the first time. I love talking about her, and some people are just oh so happy to oblige me. On one hand, I wish the discussion was more back and forth, and on the other hand... heh.

• Options
    ugh I hate when I don't play for a few days and my lol skills just ATROPHY.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    ugh I hate when I don't play for a few days and my lol skills just ATROPHY.

i took a week and a half off due to classes and skyrim and came back and played arranged 5s today

it was an experience

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    whywonttheygivemeakatarinaskin

i get it riot

when i bought the riot points i already gave you my money so i'm no longer important to you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How many skins does she have already? I don't play her, so I'm not sure, but doesn't she have a lot?

This discussion has been closed.