Options

Sick Tat, Brah

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    whelp. Sent an email to the person who I wanted the consult with a while ago, asking about possibly setting an appointment up when she gets back into town. Didn't get a response so I sent a second email a week later, after they were supposed to be back in town. Still no response :[ So I guess I'm just not getting a tattoo at that place, which is a shame, since it seemed like one of the better options in the city

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Artreus wrote: »
    whelp. Sent an email to the person who I wanted the consult with a while ago, asking about possibly setting an appointment up when she gets back into town. Didn't get a response so I sent a second email a week later, after they were supposed to be back in town. Still no response :[ So I guess I'm just not getting a tattoo at that place, which is a shame, since it seemed like one of the better options in the city

Keep plugging away dude, took a month to get hold of my tattoo parlour of choice. All it took was phoning them up, seems they get a lot of emails so they tend to go through them all at once.

Of course they did tell me to ring up at the start of September to book an appointment and now their phone isn't answering, so I'm not sure how much my advice is worth... :p

Campy on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I should do that. I just have this idea that my two emails constitute a kind of harassment and I've been intolerably rude already and should just go away.

Which probably is not the case

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    got to visit family this weekend. my 3-year-old niece decided to 'fix my hair,' ie twirling her fingers around in my hair and on my shoulders. while doing so, she notices the tattoo (a year + since she's seen it), and gently poking my shoulder, nonchalantly pops out with, "Your drawing looks great!", and continues chattering at everyone and doing my hurr. giggles.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My three year old has taken to yelling at every adult with tattoos that she sees, saying that they've drawn on themselves and that they shouldn't have done that and then she comes and tells us and glares at them and it has never failed to crack me up.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Or if it close enough by stop in and say hello.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Question for the experienced tattoo recipients: is it customary to tip the artist?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I think it should be

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Question for the experienced tattoo recipients: is it customary to tip the artist?

You absolutely tip the artist

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

very much depends on your country's tipping habits I believe. it is a matter of dispute in Germany and depends very much of how your artist sees himself and on whether or not he is emploeyd or not.

scherbchen on
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been posted here; not sure if I'd personally get it either, but hot damn is this crazy:

realistic-mountain-tattoo-on-arm.jpg

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    That's some Bob Ross type shit right there

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Are his armpit hairs colored?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    It looks like the the extra ink was wiped off toward his armpit.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Hot damn, that is genuine art right there.

• Options
    More water colour style goodness, I know there's a few folks here that are into this stuff. Definitely pushing my buttons.
    g5m40R5.jpg

Ever since deciding to get mine, I've been on a none stop tattoo binge.

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    guys i now no longer have a person to spend all my (tiny, government supplied) money on, and want to get started on my tattoos. I would like a rather realistic looking Bag-end door on my left... chest? pec?

i know next to nothing about tattoos. are prices very variable or is it more like "ink work for this size a thing would be roughly this much" "colour in the same vein would be roughly this much" etc?
    I have some really big issues leaving my house and talking and im in a bad state so if i have to i will go in and talk to the fellow but i'd like if possible a rough outline maybe? this seems like a lot to ask im sorry i shouldn't have bothered

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    JESUS CHRIST C AMPY THATS SO FUCKING AWESOME

• Options
    RubberAC wrote: »
    are prices very variable or is it more like "ink work for this size a thing would be roughly this much" "colour in the same vein would be roughly this much" etc?

Tattoo artists basically universally charge an hourly rate. Depending on the complexity of your tattoo and the skill of the artist, you will usually be quoted an idea of how long it will take. Hourly rates vary greatly and since artists themselves set their rate, not the shop, they will vary greatly even in the same shop. You can call shops and ask for rates, though.

Try not to just go to the local shop and sit down in the first chair. Look around, search the internet for good artists in your area. When you go into shops there should be books up front with photos of each artists work. Pick someone who does good work in the style you want. Some artists are good at photo realism, some are good at cartoon, some traditional style, some text. Be discerning - you're gonna have this thing in your face forever.

• Options
    So my tattoo dude has posted on his facebook page that he'll be taking bookings for October/November for people with ongoing work and people he told to phone him (me being the latter) on Monday at 10:30.

I'm finding it really hard to not phone him up and bother him right now. Eager or too eager?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'd wait until the time he said bookings were opening

• Options
    Ughhhh, you guys are right but this is toooooouuuuuuuugh [/whine]

• Options
    Is booked.

10th of December.

So excite.

SO FREAKIN' EXCITE.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    hfL6tSf.jpg?1

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Damn that is impressive. How long did it take?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »
    Damn that is impressive. How long did it take?

I don't know I saw it on the internet

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Okay I would never get a Simpsons tattoo myself but that is delighting me.

Also with my new job starting my first Present To Me shall be a tattooooo

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I don't know if I posted this back when I got it, but I got my first tat a few months ago, in memorial for a buddy of mine who had passed.

While it may say the word "Jesus" on it, it isn't intended to be a religious tattoo in the slightest. This was just a hat that he wore until it disintegrated. Figured if there was one image that I would always remember him by, it would be that.

S1rpolW.jpg?1

But my favorite part is the roses on the outside, which are incredibly difficult to photograph.

FxULogJ.jpg?1

• Options
    Yay thread bump!

Yay 1 month 8 days until tatoooooo!

• Options
    At some point, I'll probably go back and have the roses colored in, but at the time I was worried about it being to eye-popping in my corporate office. Turns out no one cares about visible tattoos, though.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular

well you're certainly in the right area. I think @Mysst should be able to assist with finding a shop

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options

well you're certainly in the right area. I think @Mysst should be able to assist with finding a shop

@Lost Salient‌ if you're in Austin, I got mine done at Southside Tattoo. Place offers good prices and good work.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    there are

so many.

also, grats!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I emailed the dude at Golden Age that I'm hoping will have time in his schedule to design and do a tattoo for me!

I want a black line piece, and his are awesome.

9Wwcb03.png

szVAdo0.png

lmOhyWw.png

Here's fingers crossed!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I forgot to mention, I have this now:

Wp6n41O.png

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That is rad as hell. I don't suppose you could take this spare lead roof flashing I have laying around and turn it into gold, could you?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Unless the vague idea of snow shuts the entire city down, today is tattoo day for me! Hooray, hooray!

It's been so long since I got my last one that now I'm worried I'll have forgotten some tattoo parlor etiquette and put my foot in my mouth. Is 20% still about right for the tip? What if I get bored! What if everything closes and the appointment gets cancelled because it's 33 with a chance of snow!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    If it gets canceled then the etiquette is to pay for my next tattoo instead.

It's only proper

This discussion has been closed.