As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sick Tat, Brah

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it even took me a few looks. Self-photography of your entire forearm is harder than you'd think!

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/tattoo-cultural-appropriation/#JyWO7dZyCgq8

Seems like a decent article about what you could do when you become aware that a tattoo you have is cultural appropriation

Psykoma on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I am going to get a new tattoo is a few hours and I was wondering what the best way to share it with the forum? Can I upload the image directly or do I need a hosting website?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    This forum only accepts images hosted by XTube

• Options
    Hmm not sure that is the kind of picture you want. I usually keep my dick tattoos private.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Hmm not sure that is the kind of picture you want.

Have you even read a post by Keith?

• Options
    Real answer: you can upload pics directly to the forums. On the mobile site it's the little paper icon above the quick reply box

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »
    Hmm not sure that is the kind of picture you want.

Have you even read a post by Keith?

I have actually lol. I guess when I said you I would meant the forum as a whole. I know your fondness for dick pics.

• Options
    k6qwjm7ucskj.jpg
    As promised one brand new tattoo. I had it done at a local place in Anderson South Carolina, The Painted Pony. It is a bonfire from the dark souls series with the black Knight Greatsword stuck in it. I am going to go back after it has healed a few months to get the sunbro summon sign beside it. That way he can do any touch up if it needs it.

Hopefully this is a good size, if not someone please notify me so I can change it.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I finally got around to getting my second tattoo. Healing still so you can see a little of that in the image.
    peHobDy.jpg

It's a very stylized version of my Cherokee tribe:
    IQvHD1c.jpg

Done by a very talented guy (Abel) at Kustom Thrills in Nashville.

Now I want more...so many more.

vamen on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    That is cooooool

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Thanks folks...can't wait for it to finish healing.
    Now I need to start going to the gym so I don't have such noodle arms =p.

I wanted to do something tied into it on the same place on the other arm and I thought I might make a geometric version of the dreamcatcher I made when I joined the tribe. I think I'd want to deconstruct it so it only has the basic shapes. Was picturing this sort of style:
    CjLyRNW.jpg

Still very much in the pondering phase though.

Appreciate all the advice from you guys a few months ago when I first was deciding on the one above.

vamen on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    because I posted it in the wrong thread like a complete numpty:

I know now
    I figured out what I want
    MATH
    vyw6k2.jpg

I am prepared to endure all the pain
    and save, what, 10K?
    and wait years and years to find exactly the right artist

I want something very akin to that on my body permanently

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Holy fuck, the amount of black on that man's wrists is making my fingers tingle. Ugghhh.

@Tam In terms of money you can do it a session at a time, something like that works well because the outline will look good from the outset. And shading can be done in definite stand alone blocks to boot.

Campy on
  • Options
    The Baltimore tattoo convention is this weekend. I'm off Friday, and it's pay day. I'm super tempted, but we're buying a house in two weeks so I shouldn't

But I want to

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Just get like a little one

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Maybe just get the needle put in you, you know, just the tip.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    Maybe just get the needle put in you, you know, just the tip.

You can still catch diseases that way!

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Just get like a little one

Take off on Friday and go with me

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    @Tam, heyyyyyyy
    https://www.pinterest.com/birdtongue/taaaaaats/

because i am internet sleuth,

also, that guy is Nazareno Tubaro (the artist, not the wearer)

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    @Tam, heyyyyyyy
    https://www.pinterest.com/birdtongue/taaaaaats/

because i am internet sleuth,

also, that guy is Nazareno Tubaro (the artist, not the wearer)

you
    are
    the
    best

I guess I'm making a trip down to Argentina at some point

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I am

Planning my next ones

GUYS WHAT HAVE WE STARTED

WHY DIDNT ANYONE WARN ME THIS WAS ADDICTIVE

jk @Javen totally warned me

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i was trawling through the thread for some blackwork about two months ago, and ran into an Aphostile/kochi joint, pinned a bunch, and now i'm completing the circle by sharing some of those pics, 'cause omg, this studio. (2Spirit Tattoo, San Francisco, CA USA)

Roxx (i could probably finish out the thread with her work, i mean i mean LOOK)
    ec2accf4500e9732c75f1995c87e52a5.jpg
    159cebaa0b8a758f13c7631080af5c20.jpg
    e3efdbb9242c2a0e550d4c5b9a21a356.jpg
    04640485d497c2f7797c2810e0225faa.jpg
    67b7526086c12c6e785ca9928d4d9867.jpg
    5ba682291be82213e0b1b9be2b6edb00.jpg
    2ca61bbe5aa6f6753f4caadbf7b23be3.jpg
    i am slain.

Houston Patton (Thieves of Tower series)
    e410ff0e3f0b8baf267a03ef1c962fe8.jpg

the other artists are really good, too, but this is already a lot of pictures.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Cripes, that's exactly what I want any future tattoo to look like.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    we could probably just lock the thread after that first photo tbh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The third one.

I am dead.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That line work is so amazing.

Especially the last one.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Might I suggest a dinosaur of some kind? Perhaps a dinosaur with sunglasses doing a kickflip?

cmXfFTY.jpg

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Those solid black bands/squares are making my skin tingle...

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Sheri wrote: »
    I am

Planning my next ones

GUYS WHAT HAVE WE STARTED

WHY DIDNT ANYONE WARN ME THIS WAS ADDICTIVE

jk @Javen totally warned me

I wish someone had warned me. I wasn't even out of the chair the other day before I was planning my next one. =p

(I'm sure people did actually warn me.)

vamen on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    6yf2sx4.jpg

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Hey brahs

I'm getting tattooed tomorrow

I am much excite

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yoooo

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I did a thing

8cwrm8vytj6b.jpeg

Twice!

l2murwlykebp.jpeg

Those of you who frequented the job thread a few years ago may remember that a wonderful couple dubbed me their "Sheri Godmother" and it's stuck ever since. Now it's official. I almost cried. <3

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Damn Sheri, those are dope

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Damn Sheri, those are dope

Fuckin' A they are. Both look incredibly well done.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I just cannot handle how amazing that fairy godmother one is.

• Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Booked in for Friday for my first tattoo in something like 15 years. 4 hour session so I'm taking a bottle of water and a couple of Mars bars with me, nervous as all hell about it the closer it gets.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    http://techcrunch.com/2016/05/09/ephemeral-tattoos/
    Practically everyone who has ever considered a tattoo knows the old parental refrain of “you’ll have it forever.” It’s a fairly stark warning tinged with the regret of a generation covered in inked relics of disco and popular culture past.
    Some temporary solutions do exist, including the relatively recent phenomenon of the two-week tattoo (along with some other high-tech options). A two-year-old Harlem-based startup spun out of NYU is presently in the process of bringing a year-long solution to market.
    Ephemeral is a two-part system, involving an ink designed to break down after a year, along with a separate removal solution.
    “Tattoo inks today are permanent because of the fact that the dye molecules are too big for your body’s immune system to take away,” explains co-founder Anthony Lam. “By using smaller molecules, we’ve encapsulated them inside this spherical structure that’s big enough that your immune system doesn’t take it away. But when you remove it, it essentially eats away one of the components and the dye molecules are flushed out.”
    The product is still being tested, first on cells and now on pigs, given the close genetic similarities between ourselves and our porcine cousins. Ephemeral CEO Seung Shin says the company hopes to have something out around Fall of next year. In the meantime, the company is set to open its seed round on June 1st.
    http://www.ephemeraltattoos.com/
    I'm not sure why the removal system is needed if the tattoo only lasts a year, but it could be handy.

• Options
    That's cool technology but I feel like it'll probably be more expensive than a regular tattoo, so if you end up liking the tattoo you'll have to pay again for a permanent one and hope it looks like the temporary one.

This discussion has been closed.