As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Planning stages - a post-PAX Party (Sunday)

13»

• Options
    RoboticCheeseRoboticCheese Doctor Blacksburg, VARegistered User regular
    Even if there's no big party, we'll be there that night, if others in the thread want to meet up and do something slightly less organized.

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I would potentially be up for something unorganized depending on what it is since I am not leaving til Monday.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Aye, my crew and I of 5.5 will be there Sunday night regardless so even if just a chill and relaxed / unorganized thing goes down, we can bring our pokemans.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    LULKLULK Registered User new member
    Bumping.

Would there still be any interest in an Post PAX After Party? I'm looking for feelers here.

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    LULK wrote: »
    Bumping.

Would there still be any interest in an Post PAX After Party? I'm looking for feelers here.

Yes. :P

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    PuddingSenatorPuddingSenator Registered User regular
    LULK wrote: »
    Bumping.

Yep. Planning on attending the trading card meetup Sunday but after that my friends and I will be at a loss to fill the time.

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    This has my full stamp of approval, but I won't be able to assist. My life is crazy right now.

Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    ShonenZeroShonenZero Registered User new member
    Interest... rising..

Steam - ShonenZero
    TF2 Medic Professional.
  • Options
    EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Definitely interested. I'm local so logistics won't be much of a problem.

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • Options
    OK Stay posted folks- I'm in the talking phases with Jillians for a 3 hour party Friday night.

Right now looking at the potential to have:
    a reserved room (vip and polo) for 100 people
    11 pool tables
    ping pong table
    foosball
    video game stations
    fully stocked appetizer buffet
    4 reserved bowling lanes
    private bar
    tables to play board games
    18+

....for 40$ / person. (will have to buy tickets beforehand)

I have to work out some details and get everything confirmed. When I do I'll post here (if things fallout) or a new post with the outcome.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think that's not exactly a post-pax party if it's on Friday.... most folks who posted interest here were looking for a Sunday night party. not to say Friday won't be successful, but it's certainly not the point of this thread.

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i would also question how willing people would be to shell out $40 to game at jillians on friday night when they can game and see concerts at pax until 2am for free (since they have already paid for their badge, obv).

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    $40 is a little bit steep for a cover for a party, regardless of time, location, etc., anyway. Especially if this comes up after we've all spent money at PAX...

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    CRAP! Meant to say SUNDAY NIGHT!

About the 40$ fee- its to cover everything (food, room / table rentals) and we'd need a 50 person minimum to buy tickets before Thursday the 4th. I know its not optimum, but I couldn't do better :(

• Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    Whatever party is had I'll want to be there! Gotta get the rest of the DVD crew to bring stroh.

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    MJPM wrote: »
    Whatever party is had I'll want to be there! Gotta get the rest of the DVD crew to bring stroh.

For sure, I'm interested. I saw the new thread before these last few posts though lol.

And yeah $40 does seem like a bit much, but the Post PAX Party at Jillians in Seattle after last PAX Prime was well worth it; even if it was mostly because The Mega's and The Protomen showed up to play. :P
    Regardless, it was still a great way to end the weekend.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    RoboticCheeseRoboticCheese Doctor Blacksburg, VARegistered User regular
    Forgot to re-check this thread for a while. Did a new thing get organized and then die off because the organizer was banned?

Unfortunate. Would have been up for it.

• Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    Forgot to re-check this thread for a while. Did a new thing get organized and then die off because the organizer was banned?

Unfortunate. Would have been up for it.

RoboticCheese: You're not late for the party quite yet.. you've just dug up the wrong grave. =)

Look here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/157647/east-post-pax-party-sun48-jillians-boston-8-11pm-tickets-up-need-ticket-by-45#Item_19

Moe.. perhaps we should cap this topic off?

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Oh wow, I had missed that other thread too!

Awesome sauce!!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    Well, I just read the other topic and saw that the organizer might not have enough paid people to have the party.

So... anyways.. yeah.

*slowly begins to re-cover this topic with soil*

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok