As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Planning stages - a post-PAX Party (Sunday)

• Options
    NeuralLinkNeuralLink Registered User regular
    Probably myself +1

• Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    thedandmom wrote:
    septagon wrote:
    arsonisfun wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:
    Wont be doing any of the prepax stuff, we're doing bostone pizzas and board games at the condo that we rented for the weekend with friends, but post we can do certainly.

If I may - Assuming it isn't logistically an issue, I would offer up Santarpio's as a superior pizza provider :)

I have to 2nd this. If your visiting Boston and looking for the best pizza there is no other choice.

We got bostone last year and I grew up having the new york style pizza and the service at Bostone is great. We're getting like 5 pizzas to keep in our fridge, because we rented a condo and got a full kitchen, no reason not to use it right?

I have to say that in my opinion the best pizza is actually down at Revere beach, but sadly thats a lot of work for getting pizza.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    This sounds awesome.

A possible +4.5 here!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    If its Sunday night count me interested!

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    I'd be up for this for sure.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote:
    This sounds awesome.

A possible +4.5 here!

Haha is that .5 for Goomba? Also yes me and my friends might be up for this.

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    MxWood wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:
    septagon wrote:
    arsonisfun wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:
    Wont be doing any of the prepax stuff, we're doing bostone pizzas and board games at the condo that we rented for the weekend with friends, but post we can do certainly.

If I may - Assuming it isn't logistically an issue, I would offer up Santarpio's as a superior pizza provider :)

I have to 2nd this. If your visiting Boston and looking for the best pizza there is no other choice.

We got bostone last year and I grew up having the new york style pizza and the service at Bostone is great. We're getting like 5 pizzas to keep in our fridge, because we rented a condo and got a full kitchen, no reason not to use it right?

I have to say that in my opinion the best pizza is actually down at Revere beach, but sadly thats a lot of work for getting pizza.

The best pizza in the area, period, is the Brown Jug in Chelsea- I do not know what they do, or how. It is goddamned amazing. Sadly, it is totally inaccessible for the normal pax goer.. But for you locals... You have GOT to try it! It is.. thin crusted glory. I can not explain it.. it is so amazing that when my friend found out they deliver, he lost his mind for about a minute and a half straight ranting about "why, why in god's name did he not know this?!!?"

Though some of the Revere Beach pizza is very tasty too.

Oh, and I'm probably down for a post-pax party, once there's more details.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    thedandmom wrote:
    septagon wrote:
    arsonisfun wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:

*shrug* ok :) whatever floats your boat I suppose. Boston is a city full of great food, I just try to convince people to explore its offerings while here ;)

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote:
    MxWood wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:
    septagon wrote:
    arsonisfun wrote:
    thedandmom wrote:

The best pizza in the area, period, is the Brown Jug in Chelsea- I do not know what they do, or how. It is goddamned amazing. Sadly, it is totally inaccessible for the normal pax goer.. But for you locals... You have GOT to try it! It is.. thin crusted glory. I can not explain it.. it is so amazing that when my friend found out they deliver, he lost his mind for about a minute and a half straight ranting about "why, why in god's name did he not know this?!!?"

Though some of the Revere Beach pizza is very tasty too.

Oh, and I'm probably down for a post-pax party, once there's more details.

MxWood + Kiashien - I was sticking to Boston itself ... heh ;)

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    MxWood + Kiashien - I was sticking to Boston itself
    I was trying to figure out which handle I was supposed to be solving for . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Add 2 more if I can get Ikki to go. If not, just me. But plan for 2. I'll just drag him along anyway. It's not like he's got anything else to do. :P

• Options
    EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    *raises hand* Very interested

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • Options
    MagicSwordKingMagicSwordKing | (• ◡•)|╯╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    I'm down, new to the forums but not new to PAX. If we can manage to render me intoxicated or comatose for the duration of my trip home, I'll consider this a tremendous success.

Aperture Safety Personal Observation Tester for Aperture Testing and Observation, Honorary Alphanaut, Grandmaster of the Tychonian Guard, Chronicler of the House of Brahe, Senior Editor for Mustache News, Agent of O.S.P.R.E.Y., PAX COPS Detective Inspector, and PAX Tours Saboteur.

"I think he starts in reality and ends in fantasy."
    "No he starts in fantasy and ends in chaos."
    -Anonymous
  • Options
    thedandmomthedandmom Registered User regular
    Lol. So many pizza places. We're all coming in from different places and we don't wanna have to try to find a place and just want to order and relax with some games

linkbanner.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I am semi-interested. My hotel is for Thursday-Sunday. I was planning on leaving my stuff at the front desk and leaving that night after the Omegathon. This sounds tempting, but I don't know if I want to stay another night at the hotel and leave early Monday. Money, money, money.

I have yet to buy my train ticket yet, so we will see.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Wait @juju is setting this up? I'm there!

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    sphynx630sphynx630 Boston, Massachusetts Registered User regular
    New to forums but me and my friend are very interested! It'd be nice to meet some fellow gamers. :)

• Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    Count me in!

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    RevGutterRevGutter Registered User regular
    me + 3
    didn't have time to get in any of the community events last year but planning to change that this time around.

• Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    Live in the area, no reason not to go. So me with at least +1, as many as +4

• Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    If you can find a suitable venue, I doubt there'll be an issue filling it up.

[E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I commented earlier, but I think it was lost in the fog.. Plus I used too many words.

Myself +1 given an accessible venue (T in boston works for me :P)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered User regular
    I'd be interested, especially if it was a "food, drinks, awesome activities" event -- along the lines of the PPP, in fact. If it's more a sort of regular "Go to the bar and DRINK except sort of semi-private" event I'm honestly less interested.

• Options
    CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I am interested - perhaps somewhere larger downtown, like Jillians?

e2TtnRd.png
  • Options
    mgriff3456 wrote:
    MMMig wrote:
    This sounds awesome.

A possible +4.5 here!

Haha is that .5 for Goomba? Also yes me and my friends might be up for this.

Goombas get hungry too!

How many have signed up so far? This is starting to reach critical epic proportions. Woo!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Totally interested in P3E! Possibly +3 - looking forward to hearing some details.

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    PNeafseyPNeafsey Registered User regular
    I'm interested. I have a +1 and might get some others to join.

• Options
    Icarus027Icarus027 Registered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote:
    /insert arsonbro troll comment here

Insert Brotege comment in support of Arsonbro here.

... also, I'm down to clown.

Trust me, I'm (almost) a doctor.
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I think we'd have some interest. Or flight isn't too early on Monday. Probably myself +1 or +3 depending on if our travel companions attend.
    This might be good to fight the SAD that comes after PAX.

• Options
    ZappRowzdowerZappRowzdower Registered User regular
    I'm certainly interested +1

• Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    hey juju - I'm sure you're busy since you're working on the ladies brunch AND helping with the pokecrawl, and probably lots of your own personal PAX planning, so just wanted to say if I can be of any assistance with this for tasks that can be done remotely (phonecalls, fun PPP-esque graphics, etc) please let me know! :)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    There was a post here, but I think it disappeared

ANYWAY ANY PARTIES GOING ON?

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    Doc RogersDoc Rogers Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote:
    If there's whisky, I'm down.

There will ONLY be whiskey and drinking it will be mandatory.

That's a shame, I only drink Tequila and Rum.

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Depending on what the drew I am coming to Pax with gets up to Sunday night. I may be down for this. I would then have an event for every day of Pax east. :)

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    FYI, there's a PAX Party thread all up ins'

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22383054#Comment_22383054

Was going to post about this one but since it's in planning stages, and not wanting to step on @juju toes, have withheld.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah, I think that P3 east edition has fizzled for this year. I could be wrong, as always, but at this point it would have to be a lot further along. @juju has a ton on her plate

• Options
    gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My Gang Of Old People is usually all partied out by Sunday and I'm always at a loss, so this is relevant to my interests, newsletter, etc. Top hat? Monocle?

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • Options
    RoboticCheeseRoboticCheese Doctor Blacksburg, VARegistered User regular
    Last year I spent Sunday night alone at the hotel bar, drinking and eating oysters. Never again!

+1 unit of interest, possibly up to +5 depending on how my associates feel.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pretty sure this thread is dead, unless someone else is planning on doing a big afterparty.

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    a group of people getting drunk on Easter .... im down

odds are i wont be drunk but im stil down for it

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN