As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android Games!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah I was able to beat the first ranged-only guy. Then I switched to Cloud and my original party and then ran into the second one. I don't have enough lesser Lightning orbs to make my Thundara level 2. I ran the daily event for the orbs about a dozen times and kept getting minor orbs.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Curative magic is pointless.

It's pretty great comboed with Protect on challenging bosses. Also works if you have a melee using body slam.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Paladin Cecil's Limit Soul Break seems broken. It's supposed to reduce damage for all members, but it barely seems to have any effect at all. It's a shame because that is a pretty god-like ability, and coupled with his basic white mage skills, he's a hell of a better White Mage just for sheer strength and defense alone.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Has anyone played the Riddick: The Merc Files game in the current Humble Mobile Bundle?

Looks pretty neat but it's the only thing I'm actually interested in in that bundle.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    So Hearthstone is out on Android phones. Now I might actually start playing it more often.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    So Hearthstone is out on Android phones. Now I might actually start playing it more often.

For those who don't know. If you combo it with downloading it through the amazon app store you can use amazon coins to unlock the expansions.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Hearthstone is now available on Android phones without having to work black magic. Abandon all hope, ye who enter free2play.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Dear God, Lyne is a hole that goes ever deeper. And I don't want to climb out.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    Hearthstone is now available on Android phones without having to work black magic. Abandon all hope, ye who enter free2play.

It does not work on my HTC One X+ even tough it's on the supported list. The game gives a message it doesn't meet the requirements and just flickers at the Blizzard Logo sign. :(

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Just got a shiny new Galaxy S6 to replace my old HTC M8. Not really looked at games on my phone in a while but picked up the latest humble bundle and 80 days seems neat.

Any suggestions for stuff to grab? Anything from the past couple of years really.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Edit: whoops! Thought this was the android thread.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Just got a shiny new Galaxy S6 to replace my old HTC M8. Not really looked at games on my phone in a while but picked up the latest humble bundle and 80 days seems neat.

Any suggestions for stuff to grab? Anything from the past couple of years really.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Hearthstone are well loved here so far. On the Buy Once train, check out
    Devil's Attorney (puzzle game with a fair bit of comedy)
    80 Days (think Oregon Trail)
    99 Bricks - Wizard Tower (Tetris with physics, way more fun than it sounds)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

There is a list of recommendations from me and others in the op.

I recently discovered that there is a level5 layton game called mystery room available. Free demo, so try that if you are a layton fan. Gameplay is closer to phoenix wright than the layton games tho.

Morran on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    So Dungeon Hunter 5 is pretty dang fun. Anyone else playing this ARPG?

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hm. Any of the story games in the current Humble bundle worth the money? I really did like the Sorcery games I got from previous bundles.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Amazon's having another one of their app giveaways, included are some nice items like Sorcery 3, Star Command, and the first episode of Telltale's Game of Thrones series.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Oh hey, there IS an android gaming thread. Cool, I have someone to tell this to:

I was looking for a Puzzle RPG game to replace Spirit Stones (which got so cash-grabby I finally uninstalled it), and I tried a bunch of them.

Winners:
    Crusader Quest: More RPG, less puzzle. There's an actual story and strategy and stuff. Really enjoying it.
    Hunger Quest: More puzzle, less RPG. The puzzle is actually really challenging and interesting, but there's still items and leveling. There's also a weekly leaderboard for starting from scatch and seeing how deep in the dungeon you can get. And there's donuts.

Reject Pile:
    Puzzle and Dragons: All the cash grab of Spirit Stones but with a less interesting puzzle.
    Tower of Saviors: It's basically PAD. Oh, and notifications you can't turn off.
    Dr. Who:Legacy: Also basically PAD, but I swear it's like 50% loading screen. My god it was tedious. I guess if you love PAD but want your dragons to instead be the Doctor and be able to change his outfit....maybe.....?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to deny that there is a fairly heavy IAP aspect to PAD, but it is still accessible for anyone who doesn't IAP. The Reddit community for the game is also very strong. If you read the OPs for the PAD threads here and ask questions, you can still be successful without spending money.

Pixel Dungeon is my side game for when I'm not playing PAD. I'll have to give Hunger Quest a look when I get a chance.

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Not directly games related, but for those folks here who picked up a bunch of free Amazon appstore coins from that Grand promotion last May and still have some left, they expire at the end of the month (they only last a year). So, use them before you lose 'em!

As for puzzle-rpg games on android, I quite enjoyed my time with Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. But it doesn't have much replay value, and the android version is arguably the worst port of the game, and it doesn't seem to be supported anymore. But I got it with free amazon coins, so it was easy for me to look past the flaws.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    If you need something to burn your amazon coins, you can spend them on Hearthstone, which is not a terrible way to do it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Kylindra wrote: »
    Oh hey, there IS an android gaming thread. Cool, I have someone to tell this to:

I was looking for a Puzzle RPG game to replace Spirit Stones (which got so cash-grabby I finally uninstalled it), and I tried a bunch of them.

Winners:
    Crusader Quest: More RPG, less puzzle. There's an actual story and strategy and stuff. Really enjoying it.
    Hunger Quest: More puzzle, less RPG. The puzzle is actually really challenging and interesting, but there's still items and leveling. There's also a weekly leaderboard for starting from scatch and seeing how deep in the dungeon you can get. And there's donuts.

Reject Pile:
    Puzzle and Dragons: All the cash grab of Spirit Stones but with a less interesting puzzle.
    Dr. Who:Legacy: Also basically PAD, but I swear it's like 50% loading screen. My god it was tedious. I guess if you love PAD but want your dragons to instead be the Doctor and be able to change his outfit....maybe.....?

Terra Battle, perhaps? All the slidey tile parts, none of the match-3! Also RPG stuff and flanking and reasonably generous amounts of free premium currency. There's a story, but it's pretty light; mostly told through backgrounds, enemy designs, and a brief bit of text at the start of each level. There's a stamina meter, but it's pretty generous; I get 30-45 minutes a session out of it.

I've been playing off and on. It's really a pretty solid game. It seems like spending any money at all on it is a terrible investment for what you'd get, though.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Kylindra wrote: »

Winners:

Reject Pile:

Terra Battle, perhaps? All the slidey tile parts, none of the match-3! Also RPG stuff and flanking and reasonably generous amounts of free premium currency. There's a story, but it's pretty light; mostly told through backgrounds, enemy designs, and a brief bit of text at the start of each level. There's a stamina meter, but it's pretty generous; I get 30-45 minutes a session out of it.

I've been playing off and on. It's really a pretty solid game. It seems like spending any money at all on it is a terrible investment for what you'd get, though.

Puzzle Forge 2 is a really solid game but sort of hard.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I'm currently tearing through Steven Universe: Attack the Light. I was already a fan of the show, but this game is a pretty solid turn-based RPG. It's a little easy (for example, downed allies are revived after the battle ends) since it's probably aimed at a younger audience, but it's still very fun and well worth the $3 it cost me.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    The sequel to 10000000 is out for Android. It's called You Must Build a Boat. It's so new that right now if you search for it, it's like the 12th result under a lot of things that are vaguely about boats.

It's pretty much what you'd expect from a sequel, enjoying it so far. :)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    10000000 was really good, maybe my favorite "match-3, but it's not really about match-3" ever

Neurotika on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Oh man I loved that game. I also need way more offline games. Too many of my android games require internet connections, which I don't have for half my commutes.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Dracil wrote: »
    Oh man I loved that game. I also need way more offline games. Too many of my android games require internet connections, which I don't have for half my commutes.

For offline I mostly play puzzle games: Light in the Dark, Blendoku, and Threes.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy Tactics is on Android now, supposedly. Saw an official tweet about it, haven't checked myself.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Final Fantasy Tactics is on Android now, supposedly. Saw an official tweet about it, haven't checked myself.

ohmanohmanohman

• Options
    Yep, it's there. You have to scroll through about 30 items on the Google Play Store, but it's there. $14.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Heeey it's only 2 years late. I still want it but right now I'm struggling to find enough time to get to everything I want to do.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Anybody played Township? Little mobile game that looks like a combo of city building and maybe puzzles? Curious if it's worth a damn because that'd be a fun combo for me if done well.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Do you like robutts?

Do you like racing?

Do you like racing with robutts?

Do you like fighting?

Do you like fighting with robutts?

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/9119-breakarts-is-a-new-mech-filled-combat-racing-game-for-android-devices

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hunger Quest is new, and fun. I've been playing it for a few days and not been tempted yet to buy stuff, but its a cute Puzzle RPG.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Been playing Marvel Future Fight and really enjoying it. It's an ARPG-lite with quick missions. Uses the dreaded energy mechanic but they are super generous about giving free energy away so you can easily play for hours on end. Can get a bit grindy, but like what they are doing with it and they frequently are adding things to the game.

IGN is DirtyboyXL

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    I like Future Fight for the fact that, although a bit grindy like you said, I don't actually have to do a lot of the grind myself. That AutoPlay+ is nice that I can have it play the levels for me while I set the phone down to work on other stuff.

My Iron Man, War Machine, Hulkbuster team is pretty beastly.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLRegistered User regular
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online
  • Options
    Hitman Sniper is quality stuff. $5 AND has IAPs but its still good.