As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadowrun 4th Ed. IRC/Vent. No longer recruiting. Backup applications always accepted.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I might be interested sometime Thelonious, if you would welcome my brand of general jackassery.

My preferred brand of jackassery!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    As far as I know we are indeed on. 6ish EST however, not 7.

@melding
    @piL @skycaptain
    @crimsondude

@Meta T. Dust If you're still interested.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    I'm sorry Thelonius, I think I need to permabail. I'm going to have to bail again tonight. Sunday being my only day off means that things come up pretty often on Sunday.

I want to play Shadowrun :(

• Options
    Actually I lied and I totally can play tonight. 6EST I'll be there, sorry!

• Options
    Nope sorry. No liars allowed.

I keed I keed.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Actually, on the subject of lying, I did it again. Sorry, it's been a rollercoaster of emotions.

I give up though, I'm sorry that my time is so finicky!

• Options
    It's cool, dude. I know how it is. :)

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    If we're on for tonight at 6 (in twenty-three minutes), I promise I'll actually be there this time.

• Options
    I think we are on hiatus. Such is the way of the internet RPG. Let's give it a week or two, see if we can drum up some other takers and see where we're at. I'm not giving up on it yet. :) The stuff we did was fun as heck so I definitely want to continue.

Also I am sick as shit right now and would be afk every few minutes.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    I might be interested sometime Thelonious, if you would welcome my brand of general jackassery.

My preferred brand of jackassery!

The best kind, I can still do it as my sundays are typically full of doing fuck all.

Prereqs: I am the only samurai, and that there are samurai in shadowrun (I think there are street samurai or something).

motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    It's possible my Sundays have opened up a bit, if you happen to be looking for another person.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Ugg I would like to jump in but I really don't want to write up a new toon, I don't own the books anymore, and I have no idea what you all are playing(I know it is SR)...arg...but SR is fun.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    @meta t. dust @marshmallow @vertroue

I think we're samurai free, so yeah. Go for it, Meta.

Marsh, you are always welcome at my table. :)

Vertroue, fall to temptation!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Arg writing up another toon... arg...ok what are you guys all playing so I dont play the same thing.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Sunday has clearly proven to be impossible for me. So I just wanted to make that official.

• Options
    Fair enough, dude. I know Sunday afternoon/early evening is a wonky time for most.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    It's been around 5 years since I last made a Shadowrun character but I'm pretty sure I can come up with something.

First off, I know it's SR 4th edition. The location is Seattle, right? Does the year the game is taking place matter at all? Anything off limits in terms of options, gear, specialties, and so on besides the "core book races only" thing? (Probably going to go Human anyway, but just in case).

Finally, what archetypes are you looking for currently? I wouldn't mind doing some sort of full-on Hacking skullduggery if someone else doesn't already have that covered. Alternately I guess a face or magic practitioner could be made with reasonable aplomb. Not particularly confident in my ability to make something good at combat with the system but I could give it the old college try if nothing else is suitable.

Regardless, prepare for something William Gibson/Neal Stephenson as fuck.

Also, pretty sure Metadust is going to make an Adept, and I will almost certainly end up making his character for him because he's a lazy shit.

• Options
    almost done with a shooter/melee fighter/ talkerish(kinda sorts not the best but can do it)

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Alright brief backstory

Ryuusuke Katsurou
    Ryuusuke Katsurou (known as Kat, Hayai, and Riku), she is around age 20. Born in Japan she moved out of the male driven world and landed in Seattle working for her families contact withe the Yakuza Shotozumi-Gumi. She is pale even by her country's standards, she has silver hair and violet eye, almost a red color.
    During an accident before she started Running at the age of 18 she lost her right arm. Well Ryuu was given her replacement arm from who she worked for. On the condition that she now run for them. The Shotozumi knew Ryuu was a fast and strong female. She has been running for two years since she was given her arm. No big runs as of yet but she is slowly starting to make her way after an early mistake on her own cost her her left pinky finger.

Ryuu, her debt withholding, already was in debt to them for her sister, Aiko Katsurou's, mistake. Her sister had failed a mission so badly they were going to make she commit seppuku, but Ryuu managed to get them to let her stay alive if she who was already working for them would over time pay Aiko's death debts. Her sister is now a Bunraku worker forced to work her way out as well.

The only reason she hung on to her sister was that all had left in this world. A year ago her parents were killed in Japan, when she asked her Oyabun how they died, even he turned away and blanched. It was not a honorable death. They were taken out by a serial kill still on the lose, this killer specialized in dismemberment and decapitations.

Anyway Ryuu plunged herself into working after that and has been fighting her sisters life debt off as much as she can anyway she can; barring drugs. She was there was and never again. She got hit way to hard when she was younger.

All right finally stupid computer deleted the sheet the first time I made it ^>.<^ it is saved under the wrong name and I am far to pissed at it to try and fix it.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    @marshmallow Core races only is the only rule. I'm also very amenable to house ruling for flavor. Timer period is, uh, I don't have my book on me but whatever "current" is in the anniversary edition book.

Oh please dear god yes be some sort of skullduggery character. So far we have nothing but fighters who might recognize a computer if it was labeled. I'll get with ya on steam or vent...tomorrow? perhaps. I work a double today so just let me know when would be good for you. I'm available the rest of the week any weekday after 4 cst.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Sounds good, sent you a friend invite on Steam since somehow we aren't already. I'll be available... sometime tomorrow, I know I work 8 hours but I'm not sure exactly which hours yet. Thursday I'll be available all day, though, if tomorrow doesn't work out.

• Options
    Kapowie. News!

We have 4 new players, bring us up to a strength of six. Hurray. Ok peeps. Who's down for Sunday? It's Easter so I don't know if ya'll have family itching to eat ham and fuck rabbits or whatever happens on Easter. Le me know.

Some of you will be getting some "In Game" communication from me via Steam/Gchat/PMs. Just a heads up. Along with this I'm going to do a quick run down of some GM concepts I'm working with.

Mainly, I'm trying to Shadowrun the hell out of this game. C'mon, you're runners. You ain't squeaky clean. The magical chalice of druznorts isn't the end goal. There are no tidy resolutions. To that end, I'll be metagaming some stuff. IE, some of you will know stuff others don't. Some of you might have secrets or hidden agendas. Sometimes this will be through aforementioned communication, others will be ingame. So do me a favor. If I PM you something, or PST you something in vent during a game, think about it character wise. Don't just blurt out HEY GUYS I THINK I KNOW THIS GUY! Well, if your character would, then sure, but let's be smart about this eh? Shadowrun lets us have an amazing framework for stories. I'm going to give you guys blank pages and set you loose. I look forward to seeing what you create.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    I've got no plans for Easter so I'm good. I even inexplicably got the day off work so whenever is fine.

Also I said I would get you a backstory yesterday, but I ended up paying for a week of 4 hour naps all at once that day, as often happens. I'll put aside some time tonight to nail down in text the shit flying around my brainmeats.

• Options
    No plans for easter.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    Homework time

A goal- getting her sister on her feet. Her debt paid in full

Contacts are. Her Oyabun and Yakuza heads of the Shotozumi-Gumi line. (She is a full member, it is obvious as she has numerous traditional tattooes(and I mean traditional Japanese work done)). That and a simple bar and night club owner. Dante Passini,(those that would know-he is the owner of the Seattle's Dante's Inferno nightclub.)

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Let's roll.

"I will continue to need your help and support if Casey is to overcome his attitude and social difficulties. He will find school a much more pleasant place if he can make a positive effort in this area. Casey is unwilling to take part in classroom activities, and does not show interest and enthusiasm in his assigned work. Casey loves computer-related activities. However, I am concerned about the amount of time he spends on these when he has other work to do. Can we please meet to discuss strategies to help Casey correct this issue?"
    - 4th Grade Report Card for Casey Andrews, 2057

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiggy's Suzuki slowly comes to a stop, and the ganger dismounts, flipping down the bike's kickstand with a practiced flick of his boot. He tugs his helmet off, and pulls up the collar on his leather jacket. This place gives him the spooks something nasty. Can't be helped.

Gesturing for his boys to hang loose with the bikes while he takes care of business, he begins striding down the dirt path, nestled in between the great, rusting hulks. Old shipping containers, twisted bicycle frames, bits of drone carapace and assorted techo-garbage, and twentieth century cars so encrusted with carcinogens and muck even scrappers won't take 'em for salvage. Not that you'd find those poor bastards around this part of the junkyard anyway. He stops a moment to check his hair in the dead screen of a cracked CRT monitor...

"Keep movin', Mr. Shigaemaru," a voice says from overhead. Young. Cultured. Slightly Italian. Even though he knows it's computer generated it still manages to give the impression of someone talking through bared teeth. Also manages to give him the fuckin' creeps, not that he'd let it show.

"Fuck off, dog," he calls out, wearily. There's a faint snicker, and then a metallic pop as something lopes off of a shipping container above him, servo-motors almost totally inaudible. Fuckin' drones.

Anger giving him a second wind, Shiggy pushes onward, pitted doors and pollution-eaten fences quietly gliding open as soon as the cameras spot him coming. Soon enough he finds himself in a polished steel room, shelf after shelf stacked high with tiny motors, lenses, old commlinks in varying states of disassembly, and hundreds upon hundreds of meters of wiring and cable.

And there's the asshole, sitting smug on his pillow on the floor with like, fifteen monitors around him. What a fuckin' twit. Shiggy breathes in deeply, and steps carefully over a stack of styrofoam ramen cups and glass energy drink bottles, pulling up a plastic milk crate to sit on.

"Yo, Goosey. It's your bro, Shiggy." As if the guy hadn't probably seen his mug through a camera lens every 5 seconds while he walked through his front yard. "What's happenin', boy?"

"Same old," the kid replies, lethargically. Practically the same age and he can't help but think of him as "the kid". Something about the t-shirt, momma's basement paleness, and total, utter lack of street cred or swagger. Shiggy waits a few moments to see if anything else is forthcoming, but he just keeps tapping away at the tiny-ass keyboard on his lap.

"Listen, Goose, I need a favor, bro," Shiggy spits out finally. No response. "Nothing big, just a little job. Something right up your alley." Still nothing.

Shiggy begins to lose his temper. First time he saw this kid was when he was prowling back around his tenement. Couple of his boys chilling in a staircase keeping an eye on him, talking tough, flashing their gear. Said they caught them a spy, rival gang maybe, commlink and a satellite dish in his tiny backpack. Kid stammering he was just looking for somewhere high up to set his stuff up. Didn't feel like a good day for stashing a body, so he told them go ahead take his stuff, but let the small fry go live another day. Kid fuckin' owes him...

"You got two warrants this week," Goose says, still tapping away.

"What?"

"Warrant. Lone Star. Citations 1124-183-B2 and 293-B2. Crew running Cram? Novacoke?"

"Little bit, man. When I can't get 'em anything better to do."

"Your bike's license was hot for about an hour." And that seemed to be it.

"You gonna do this job, or what, homeboy?"

"Sure. Anything for a friend, Shiggy." Sad thing is he probably means it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sudhir Halloway, more often known as "Cutter" or, slightly less often, "Cuts", wedges open the steel door, and pushes his laden hand truck onto the small, dirty white tiles. "You in here Kasper? Got your stuff for the week!" he shouts down the hall.

"Set it wherever!" is the call back. Well, 'wherever' means wherever, doesn't it? Sudhir leans the stack of microwavable noodle boxes and packs of soda back into the truck and pushes it down the hall. Driving the two-wheeled steel contraption over the ropes of wires duct-taped to the floor, he makes his way into the computer room and its shelves full of high-tech junk.

"Just checkin' in, got everything you need?" he asks, carefully.

"Yup. Over there's good," is the reply from the brown-haired twenty-something, not taking his hands from his keyboard, but angling his head towards one of the shelves.

"Place is a mess, you want me to take away some of these cartons?" Sudhir continues, nearly tripping over a pile of trash.

"I'll get 'em."

Sudhir rolls the stack over to the corner, nearly running over a skeletal, chrome tail. There's a series of faint clicks as the drone retracts it a few inches so he can get by, and the cameras on the front of its smooth, muzzle-like face whirr as they refocus.

"There's a good boy," Sudhir murmurs at it, uneasily, shoving the boxes off the end of his cart.

"Patch thirteen is pulling some extra amps," Kasper calls over. "New heater?"

Patch thirteen... that'd be the Mochokis family. He'd helped them staple their roof back on after the storm last week took it down. He wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to get rid of the lingering damp. "I'll talk to them. Is that gonna be a problem? Electricity's good?"

"We're good. Taken care of. See you next week."

"Take it easy, Kasper. Let me know if you need anything." No response as he walks back down the hall and out into the yard. Good kid, that Kasper. Weird, but good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Names/Aliases
    Casey Andrews - Real Identity (SIN/biometrics lost in the '64 Crash.)
    Kasper Schultz - Freelance Software Developer, Computer Hardware Engineer (Fake SIN)
    Shawn Hamilton - Ground Craft Mechanic, Drone Engineer, Armorer (Fake SIN)
    "G8se" - Online Identity, Shadowrunner, Hacker, Specializing in Commlinks, Cyberware, Security and Criminal Records

Contacts
    Daniel "Shiggy" Shigaemaru - Mid-level Go-Gang Leader (Eye-Fiver) and occasional Smuggler/Drug Runner.
    Sudhir "Cutter" Halloway - Scrap Dealer, Fence, and Junkyard Landlord

Goal: Pay back his "favor" to Shiggy.

Character sheet

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Marsh you could have waited for me to post my backstory, so I don't feel like a tool cause you are in creative writing classes and shit 24/7.

Alright here I go, gonna write it up. Alright.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    I've never taken a creative writing class in my life.

• Options
    DESTROYA

DESTROYA

DESTROYA

motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    ^

That's actually Meta's backstory.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    And I get shown up, again.

Curse you, Meta.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Also, looks like we're down one Carrot for Sunday. As long as we have everyone else, we'll go ahead and get the party started and I'll storyphase him in next week.

Anyone have a problem with bumping from 530cst to 5cst instead?

@melding @vertroue @captain carrot

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    nope

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    yeah, probably not available.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Moved for posterity

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    Holy shit. That's awesome.