As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wiz-War Tournament] The Pit - 36 total damage in one turn

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    SeGaTai does not like being trapped by Hellfire and walls, so he decides to speed up the wall breaking process and summons a mallet with a giant fireball on the end and smashes through the wall.

Good news, there is a treasure.

Bad news, he's still trapped.

He picks up the treasure.

Actual Orders:
    Attack the wall at H/I3 with Fireball and Ka-bong for a Fireball in the shape of a giant mallet (or a mallet that's just a big fireball on the end).
    Ka-Bong! | Attack | Adjacent | Instant | Momentarily create a heavy mallet to strike target object or wizard for 4 physical damage. If a wizard is damaged by this attack he becomes stunned for 1 turn | 0
    Fireball | Attack | LOS | Instant | Fire : Searing flames inflict 5 magical fire damage to target object or wizard. | 0
    Move south
    pick up yellow treasure.

Current Map
    Pit1-7.png

Items/Objects Key
    K3 - Thornbush | Neutral | Permanent | Create 1 thornbush in target empty space. Thornbushes block LOS and take 1 crack (or 1 fire damage) to destroy. Wizards who enter the thornbush's square immediately end their turn, take 1 physical damage, and are stunned for one turn. This is not an attack and can not be evaded.

Monster/Boss Status and Mood
    Golem (All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS.) | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Charge: Change movement to 10 and run towards nearest wizard. If contact is made, deal damage equal to squares moved and push wizard in random direction equal to the movement points remaining for the Golem.
    Werewolf (All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns)) | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Stalk: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Avoid any LOS attack on a D4 roll of 1.
    Slime (Can pass through any door) | HP: 10 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Attach: Move at half speed towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, attach to target wizard. Attached Slimes deal 2 damage per turn and can only be removed by moving 6+ spaces in one turn or by being stunned. They drop in the square where the wizard started their 6+ movement or where they were stunned. Wizards who have a Slime attached are stunned at the beginning of their turn.
    Stunned Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 4 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:
    Frustrate: Move towards the nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, force target wizard to discard half their cards (wizard's choice), rounded down.

Cinder (Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Blocks LOS and movement.) | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:
    Dispel : Target random wizard (roll: blahmcblah). All items, transformations, and effects on that wizard are removed/destroyed.

Turn Order - Turns are due 24 after the last turn is posted
    Gandalf_the_Crazed (Green 1)
    SeGaTai (Red 1)
    blahmcblah (Yellow 1) <-Current Turn
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed
    HP: 20/20
    Level: 0
    Experience: 0
    Cards in hand / Max: 7/7
    Held Items and Spell Effects:
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage.

SeGaTai
    Experience: 2
    Cards in hand / Max: 6/7
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker.
    yellow treasure

blahmcblah

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Just to make sure: The gnome was stunned by my lightning bolt, right?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, he was. So he's gonna do nothing next turn.

• Options
    actually, take that back, he can attack or move.

So I'll roll to see which one he does. If he does attack, it won't be against you since he targeted you last turn.

• Options
    So as long as nobody else moves adjacent to him, he won't attack anyone.

Guys, stay back. He's mine.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I'm trapped in a tiny room with my shiny's, no reason for me to go gnome hunting

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What's going to be crazy is that it looks like there are a couple games that could be over really soon. Were talking maybe 1-4 players dropped in anytime.

I'm looking forward to seeing what an influx of players does to The Pit's dynamic.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    I'm extending a pre-emptive olive branch to any other green wizard who drops in. There's no need for us to fight, yet, and I think it's better if we don't -- since we have access to all the same doors and such. Cooperation is in both our interests, at the moment....whoever you are.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    And, you know, I'm up for peacetimes with any non-green wizard too. Just hit me up, yo.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I was actually gonna say, GtC, that I did you a favor by sending that gnome your way. Now you can get XP (probably) from killing it! I say you owe me one. Anyway, orders in!

• Options
    Welcome to the Pit, Wolf of Dresden. :P

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Just waiting on SeGaTai to respond to a spell's effects before I post the update.

I also gave Wolf of Dresden the opportunity to get dropped into the maze now, and have his turn due in the next 24 hours, or to get dropped in after the monsters go which would mean his turn wouldn't happen until after all of you go again.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    blahmcblah hears the sounds of explosions and passes through the nearby wall to check it out. Face to face with a Red wizard, blahmcblah stares him down. SeGaTai stares back, unflinching. They both open their robes slightly to display their wands and hover their hands inches above their weapons, fingers twitching. Moments seem like hours as each wizard waits for the other to make a move.

Finally, blahmcblah uses one hand to pull out a null powder and the other hand to draw his wand and cast Brain Burn. SeGaTai quickly counters with Invisibility, hoping to avoid the attack. blahmcblah was waiting for that, however, and absorbed the invisibility spell's energy before it could finish. SeGaTai takes the full brunt of the Brain Burn and blahmcblah causing the fire cloak to explode and burn off all of blahmcblah's hair. Hairless blahmcblah tops off the duel by cursing yellow with a slow death. He takes a step back and watches his spells work on his helpless enemy.

Actual Orders:
    Move to J4.
    Cast Pass Through Wall to move to I4.
    Pass Through Wall | Neutral | Adjacent | Instant | Move through target wall once, ignoring any effects of the wall
    Equip Null Powder.
    Null Powder | Item | Any | Permanent | While carrying this item you may discard this item as a counter spell to cancel a LOS spell targeting you. OR While carrying this item, you may discard this item during your turn to end a non-instant spell.
    Cast Brain Burn on Red (4 damage).
    Brain Burn | Attack | LOS | Instant | Target wizard may discard any number of cards from his hand (including any of his maintained spells) that he desires. The target then suffers magical damage equal to the number of cards in his hand (including any of his maintained spells, but excluding carried items)
    Red Counters with Invisible
    Invisible | Neutral/Counter | Self | Temporary | You become invisible. While this spell lasts, roll a die each time you are attacked. You evade the attack on a roll of 2-4. When attacked you may cast this spell as a counter. | 0
    Yellow counters with Absorb Spell
    Absorb Spell | Counter | Any | Instant | Cancel 1 target spell being cast. Then take the canceled spell card and add it to your hand. Discard any Magic cards used to boost the canceled spell | 0
    Damage triggers Fire Cloak retaliation on Yellow (2 damage)
    Fire Cloak | Item | Self | Permanent | Fire : While carrying this item, you punch for an additional 2 magical fire damage. Any object or wizard that deals you damage from your square or an adjacent square suffers 2 magical fire damage after damaging you. If you suffer any water damage, Fire cloak is destroyed and does not damage your attacker.
    Cast Slow Death on Red.
    Slow Death | Attack | LOS | Permanent | Curse target wizard to suffer a lingering death. While this spell lasts, target wizard suffers 1 magical damage each time he draws a card. Target is not forced to draw cards. This spell only counts as an attack on the turn it is cast.
    Draw 3 cards.

Current Map
    Pit1-8.png

Items/Objects Key
    K3 - Thornbush | Neutral | Permanent | Create 1 thornbush in target empty space. Thornbushes block LOS and take 1 crack (or 1 fire damage) to destroy. Wizards who enter the thornbush's square immediately end their turn, take 1 physical damage, and are stunned for one turn. This is not an attack and can not be evaded.

Golem (All damage taken is reduced by 2, Blocks LOS.) | HP: 15 | Move: 2 | Base Damage: 4 | Mood:
    Charge: Change movement to 10 and run towards nearest wizard. If contact is made, deal damage equal to squares moved and push wizard in random direction equal to the movement points remaining for the Golem.
    Werewolf (All damage applies the bleed effect (1 damage per turn for D4 turns)) | HP: 10 | Move: 4 | Base Damage: D4 | Mood:
    Stalk: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Avoid any LOS attack on a D4 roll of 1.
    Attach: Move at half speed towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, attach to target wizard. Attached Slimes deal 2 damage per turn and can only be removed by moving 6+ spaces in one turn or by being stunned. They drop in the square where the wizard started their 6+ movement or where they were stunned. Wizards who have a Slime attached are stunned at the beginning of their turn.
    Stunned Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 4 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:
    Frustrate: Move towards the nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, force target wizard to discard half their cards (wizard's choice), rounded down.

Cinder (Can not move through Hellfire, always moves towards nearest wizard within the hellfire. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage. Immune to fire damage. Blocks LOS and movement.) | HP: 50 | Move: 1 | Base Damage: 5 | Mood:
    Dispel : Target random wizard (roll: blahmcblah). All items, transformations, and effects on that wizard are removed/destroyed.

SeGaTai (Red 1)
    blahmcblah (Yellow 1)
    Monsters <-Current Turn

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed
    Big Man Form | Neutral | Transform yourself or target creature into a big man. A big man's base move is 3, and he fills the entire square he's in, blocking LOS. No one can move past him or enter his square. When he moves, a big man pushes wizards or creatures (not objects) down the corridor in front of him. At intersections, pushed wizards and creatures choose which directions to move. A big man punches for 3 damage.

SeGaTai
    HP: 16/20
    Cards in hand / Max: 4/7
    Slow Death (does not count against hand)| Attack | LOS | Permanent | Curse target wizard to suffer a lingering death. While this spell lasts, target wizard suffers 1 magical damage each time he draws a card. Target is not forced to draw cards. This spell only counts as an attack on the turn it is cast.
    yellow treasure

blahmcblah
    HP: 18/20
    Null Powder | Item | Any | Permanent | While carrying this item you may discard this item as a counter spell to cancel a LOS spell targeting you. OR While carrying this item, you may discard this item during your turn to end a non-instant spell.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Cinder now has a new pet!

Wolf of Dresden's mind and body were severely weakened after the last battle. Cinder took seized the opportunity and has taken over Blue's weakened mind. Monsters still attack Mind-Controlled Wizards.

Mind-Controlled Wizard (Will cast Shield, reduce damage by 2, on a roll of 4 when attacked. If adjacent to a wizard, will do base damage) | HP: 20 | Move: 3+D6 | Base Damage: 1 |
    Moods:
    1-2 - Boomstone : Mind-Controlled wizard is now carrying a Boomstone (4 damage to self if fire damage is received). Move towards nearest wizard. When/if target wizard is within LOS throw Boomstone (4 magical damage) at target Wizard.
    3 - Fireball: Move towards nearest wizard. Cast Fireball (5 Fire damage) at target Wizard.
    4 - Lightning Bolt: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if target wizard is within LOS, Cast Lightning Bolt (3 damage per hit, travels equal to charge, rebounds off wall) with charge 3+D6.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    So does that mean WoD dropped out of the tourney?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    WoD said he would like to pass on The Pit. :(

So either he gets controlled by Cinder, or someone else comes in and plays for him. Asking for signups in the Main thread now.

• Options
    Also, obligatory:
    Face to face with a Red wizard, blahmcblah stares him down. SeGaTai stares back, unflinching. They both open their robes slightly to display their wands and hover their hands inches above their weapons, finger twitching.

:winky:

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Wow, Slow death sucks in the pit.

• Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Wow, Slow death sucks in the pit.

Yeah, its a pretty mean curse.

Luckily, you regain all your health when you level so SeGaTai just needs to either dispel that thing fast or find a way to level after he has taken a bunch of damage from it.

• Options
    ...you used "Pass Through Wall" on something besides a Hellfire Wall? o_O

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Hey SeGaTai, remember how we have an alliance?

...don't worry about the Slow Death. I got it covered on my next turn.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The last thing Custom Special remembers is practicing a simple projection spell. Now here he was in a weird dark maze with a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. Also, why did he have a beard? And why were his arms so hairy? And why were his teeth so pointy? This wasn't his body... Oh boy...

He hears a booming voice echo throughout the stone walls, "How dare you enter Cinder's domain without first failing in my mazes, Custom Special! AND HOW DARE YOU TAKE AWAY MY CONTROL OVER MY MINION!", now growling, "You will not last!"

It may or may not be Custom Special's turn next. Still waiting to hear from him.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Prepare for...stuff...to happen...maybe...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Hey @Custom Special, you up for an alliance with the two hoopiest froods in the Pit?

I offered a truce to blahmcblah, but then he was kindof a dick to my teammate, so that's in a bit of a touchy situation at the moment. But you, you could be a great addition to our team.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hey @Custom Special, you up for an alliance with the two hoopiest froods in the Pit?

I offered a truce to blahmcblah, but then he was kindof a dick to my teammate, so that's in a bit of a touchy situation at the moment. But you, you could be a great addition to our team.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
    Wait, wrong robots...

I suppose I could be coerced into such an alliance. But I get to be Chief.

Edit: Are the white walls special? Or just different since they're added in?
    And I assume the yellow blocks on walls are damage?

Custom Special on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    White walls are still just walls; they are using the same token as if they were a magically created wall, but they are already present at the start of the Pit. And yes, the yellow blocks are crack counters.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Good show Custom Special! I will be rooting for you until it is time to crush you heatily on the battlefield :D

• Options
    Hey @SeGaTai -- bonus points if you can transform into a Big Man and push blahmcblah through the Hellfire.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Custom Special responds to the booming voice of Cinder, "There are some who call me...Tim..."". He boosts west hoping for some guidance. After destroying a wall, he hears a golem to his north. "What is this place?" he wonders and defensively creates another wall. He heads through the destroyed wall hoping to see something useful. Nope. Just more walls. He creates a Large Rock and throws against a nearby wall in anger.

Actual Orders:
    Discard Energy 6 to boost move to 9
    Move L, U, L, D, L, D, D (2 left)
    Cast Destroy Wall on O8/9
    Destroy Wall | Neutral | LOS | Instant | Destroy wall or door, adjacent wizards take 2 damage, not an attack, no evasion
    Move L (1 left)
    Cast Create Wall on L9/M9
    Move L
    Throw Rock at N7/8 wall. I want it to know I'm coming...
    Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit
    Draw 4 to fill. .

Current Map
    Pit1-9.png

Items/Objects Key
    N8 - Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit

SeGaTai (Red 1)
    blahmcblah (Yellow 1)
    Custom Special (Blue 1)
    Monsters <-Current Turn

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed

SeGaTai
    Slow Death (does not count against hand)| Attack | LOS | Permanent | Curse target wizard to suffer a lingering death. While this spell lasts, target wizard suffers 1 magical damage each time he draws a card. Target is not forced to draw cards. This spell only counts as an attack on the turn it is cast.
    yellow treasure

blahmcblah

Custom Special

• Options
    And yeah, the darker white walls are static walls and behave like the black walls all around the map.

The blue-ish walls have been created by wizards and can be dispelled.

• Options
    Monster turn incoming.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    The Gnome chooses to attack, but is afraid to anger Gandalf_the_Crazed again, so it does nothing.

The Golem and Werewolf both attack their nearby doors and do 1 crack each.

The Slime looks for something to attach to and fails.

Cinder targets blahmcblah with his powerful dispel, destroying the Null Powder.

Current Map
    Pit1-10.png

Items/Objects Key
    N8 - Large Rock | Item | LOS | Permanent | While carrying may throw for 2 damage, drops in target square after being hit

Rock Thrower: Attack all wizards within LOS for 5 physical damage.
    Maul: Move towards nearest wizard. When/if adjacent, do base damage. Target wizard is immobilized and unable to cast spells for 1 turn while the werewolf mauls him.
    Slime (Can pass through any door or cracked wall) | HP: 10 | Move: 6 | Base Damage: 1 | Mood:
    Scoot: Move towards nearest wizard not damaged by Slime last turn and do damage. If any movement is remaining, move towards next nearest wizard. All wizards who take damage from Scoot are stunned for 1 turn.
    Gnome (Evades any attack on a D4 roll of 1-2) | HP: 4 | Move: 8 | Base Damage: - | Mood:
    Annoy: Move towards nearest wizard not targeted by Gnome last turn. When/if adjacent, steal two spells chosen at random. Spend remaining movement running to square farthest away from all other wizards.

Fire Pillars : Choose two random (rolled during monster turn) squares on each Tile. Any wizard or monster on that tile takes 5 fire damage.

Gandalf_the_Crazed (Green 1) <-Current Turn
    SeGaTai (Red 1)
    blahmcblah (Yellow 1)
    Custom Special (Blue 1)
    Monsters

Player Status
    Gandalf_the_Crazed

SeGaTai
    yellow treasure

blahmcblah

Custom Special

Cinder's booming voice is heard again through the maze, "I do not like my minions being trapped! I grant them increased strength! Feed, my minions!"

Monsters will now deal two cracks to the nearest, weakest door/wall per turn when trapped.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    photobucket is being dumb about letting me upload the map here at work, hold on

edit: and should be working now

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh crap the golem can break that door!?

Time for a new strategy...

PS- I don't think I saw in the rules, but I assume walking off one edge of the map puts you on the far side just like regular game?

Custom Special on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Yep, and no portals here.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I keep underestimating other wizards abilities to find me in this game when I think I'm safe-apparently they have all the cool abilities.

GtC any assistance you can offer would be grand and would help us prepare for the influx of new wizards soon to join us.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Orders are in.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    If you had
    ONE SHOT
    And one opportunity
    To kill every gnome you ever wanted
    In one moment
    Would you capture it
    Or just let it slip?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    That's a reference to nethack if ever I saw one.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Booooo!