As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    no

she's got a bad face

• Options
    blixaphonicsblixaphonics the french champagne Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i'm gonna go ahead and state, honestly, i think her attitude makes her attractive despite any of her flaws. anyway, i prefer looking at her over cersei's man-face, but that's probably just me. i like a woman who can command a fleet of psychotic viking rapists. i feel like it's an important quality too many women are lacking these days.

then again i think brienne is the sexiest woman on the show so you should probably just not pay attention to my opinion at all.

blixaphonics on
  • Options
    her attitude makes her incredibly unattractive and oh wow did you just say brienne? what

• Options
    look let me help

tumblr_m0qoq3dV9T1qbr9p2o1_500.jpg

this is a bad face

• Options
    we'll have to agree to disagree on the attitude cuz she's not all meek/manipulative and shit, and that is SUPER awesome to me.

also, i've got a thing for gigantic valkyrie women. also chicks who could realistically defeat me in a sword-fight. i was, like, shocked when she took her helmet off cuz i was expecting someone who made sandor clegane look like westeros' next top model.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I like Asha in the books a lot more than Yara in the TV show. The former is doing what she needs to do to lead her people - the only way the Ironborn are going to take her seriously enough for her to have a shot at the Seastone Chair is if she's just as fierce as her brothers would have been, if not fiercer. She actually has some good ideas for how to improve her people's future, but she's got to fight tooth and nail for it.

The TV version is just unpleasant and snarky so far, with no personality beyond "the smug favourite child".

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I like Asha in the books a lot more than Yara in the TV show. The former is doing what she needs to do to lead her people - the only way the Ironborn are going to take her seriously enough for her to have a shot at the Seastone Chair is if she's just as fierce as her brothers would have been, if not fiercer. She actually has some good ideas for how to improve her people's future, but she's got to fight tooth and nail for it.

The TV version is just unpleasant and snarky so far, with no personality beyond "the smug favourite child".

Right now she's the de facto heir

Now the firstborn son is back at home

Of course she's doing her damnedest to emasculate him, she's not an idiot. It's not a coincidence that she just happened to show up when he was in front of his men and mention how totally awesome she is.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Right now she's the de facto heir

Now the firstborn son is back at home

Of course she's doing her damnedest to emasculate him, she's not an idiot. It's not a coincidence that she just happened to show up when he was in front of his men and mention how totally awesome she is.

nah, the first and secondborn sons are both dead. I get your point otherwise.

• Options
    well, ok

"eldest" son

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Skull Man wrote: »
    look let me help

this is a bad face

terribly sorry, sir, but i just looked up 'bad face' on the wiki of ice and fire, this is what showed up:
    Margaery-Tyrell-600.jpg

man i love stating subjective opinions as fact.

blixaphonics on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Rereading Clash of Kings now, and there's already so much missing from the show. Has Stannis' family even appeared yet? His daughter and wife are there from the start in the book.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    The tv version of Asha is horrible. Skull Man is right. Peace.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Rereading Clash of Kings now, and there's already so much missing from the show. Has Stannis' family even appeared yet? His daughter and wife are there from the start in the book.

seems they've been cut.

Hasn't really been much of a loss at all.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

seems they've been cut.

Agreed for the most part, but his daughter's plight does add a lot.
    His wife, not so much. No need for her.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    His

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Stannis the Mannis

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    look let me help

this is a bad face

terribly sorry, sir, but i just looked up 'bad face' on the wiki of ice and fire, this is what showed up:
    Margaery-Tyrell-600.jpg

man i love stating subjective opinions as fact.

that is a pretty bad picture though

it's okay dude you can just tell us you like girls with un-even faces this is a no judgement zone

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Course Asha and Theon are ugly. Greyjoys are the carnie folk of Westeros

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »

theon looks like a trailer-park meth dealer. i love the guy but this is a TRUE FACT.

• Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular
    Relevant image to the Asha discussion (spoilered for huge):
    Fyt93.png

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Honestly though. You try living for two weeks in sub-zero temperatures and without hot running water. Lets see how white and flawless your skin is.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I have to say, some of the complaints over TV Asha Yara are a wee bit misplaced. Is she as pretty as we'd all hoped? Nah (though I'd still hit it and tell all my friends... if I were single.)

BUT, in CoK at this point she's about as "deep" as the TV character. She shows up and fucks with Theon, and that's about it.
    It isn't until Feast for Crows where she becomes a POV character that we start to see she's more than a snarky bitch that enjoys fucking with her little brother. Remember, everything we see of Asha during the second book is through the eyes of Theon.

• Options
    blixaphonics

have you ever

paid frank

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Theon's face:
    026.jpg

Phillishere on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular

seems they've been cut.

There was a casting call for his daughter recently, so they'll be showing up next season.

• Options
    Billy ChenowithBilly Chenowith Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

theon looks like a trailer-park meth dealer. i love the guy but this is a TRUE FACT.

tumblr_m1u40d6sgk1rqquq6o10_r2_250.gif

Someone just needs to replace the speakers with the Iron Throne.
    Is there a Breaking Bad/GoT mashup tumblr? Because there should be!

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I know my birthrights Bitch!

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    blixaphonics

have you ever

paid frank

you'll have to forgive me, theon greyjoy sold me a bad batch of bathtub crank and i am unable to crack this code.

is bathtub crank a thing? let's assume it is for the purposes of this exercise.

blixaphonics on
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    blixaphonics

have you ever

paid frank

you'll have to forgive me, theon greyjoy sold me a bad batch of bathtub crank and i am unable to crack this code.

I'll have you know the Iron Price was paid for that bathtub crank.

And for the Chili P' I threw into that bitch, yo.

• Options
    Comradebot wrote: »
    blixaphonics

have you ever

paid frank

I'll have you know the Iron Price was paid for that bathtub crank.

And for the Chili P' I threw into that bitch, yo.

y'know, i tried explaining to the local PD that paying the iron price for things was totally part of my cultural heritage at the mall last weekend. they seemed less understanding than i had initially hoped. fucking discrimination.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    blixaphonics why are you such a sociopath

liking theon = sociopathy? or is this in reference to my other sociopathic behaviour? :P

People in the book thread believed Ned deserved to die, and I called them sociopaths for it. After that they backpedaled and said they never meant it like that, and others turned to the passive aggressive bullshit SE is known for.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »

liking theon = sociopathy? or is this in reference to my other sociopathic behaviour? :P

People in the book thread believed Ned deserved to die, and I called them sociopaths for it. After that they backpedaled and said they never meant it like that, and others turned to the passive aggressive bullshit SE is known for.

i totally didn't even get that the dude was referencing you until i stumbled on over to that thread, i thought he was being SERIOUS. :P

that said, ned didn't DESERVE to die... but boy, did he ever help it to happen. and for that, y'know, i can't really have any sympathy since renly was basically like 'hey here's a plan to remove the lannisters from power and prevent a full-scale war' and ned was like 'fuck no teh honour'.

actually that would make an awesome slogan for house stark: 'fuck no, teh honour.'

blixaphonics on
  • Options

Yes we're very passive aggressive all up ins dis internet
    You haven't the slightest idea what I do and don't understand. Why is it so pressing for you to lay down judgements and assumptions? Just don't respond to the fucking post. You people are awful.

• Options
    The only reason you can say that he helped make it happen is because you already know how everything turns out. Put yourself in his shoes at that time, he was doing the best thing he thought he could do with a rotten situation. He made mistakes in retrospect but the only people who truly helped make it happen were the Lannisters and Littlefinger.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    No, he does stupid things in the name of honor. I can understand being an honorable person, not expecting the whole world to behave according to your ideals. That's naivete.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The only reason you can say that he helped make it happen is because you already know how everything turns out. Put yourself in his shoes at that time, he was doing the best thing he thought he could do with a rotten situation. He made mistakes in retrospect but the only people who truly helped make it happen were the Lannisters and Littlefinger.

i dunno, on my first reading basically every time ned stark made a decision i was like '...really? really? you think your opponents are gonna play by those rules, huh?'. sure yeah, he was helped along, but i don't think a person in the world EXISTS who can say he was thinking things through fully.

it just looks MORE ridiculous in hind-sight. :P

to each their own but personally i think the guy was like uhhh... a total plot device, since he's only a fictional character and all that, but the point remains: fuck no, teh honour.

blixaphonics on
  • Options
    No, he does stupid things in the name of honor. I can understand being an honorable person, not expecting the whole world to behave according to your ideals. That's naivete.

Passing the blame on him more than Littlefinger or any of the Lannisters is absurd, though.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I just realized they renamed her Yara for the series since Asha and Osha apparently sound too similar.

• Options
    Well, he thought he was the main character, and it turned out he was Ben Kenobi

But yeah, I forgive him quite a few of his overly honorable choices, it's not his fault he was surrounded by horrible people, but god damn, you're really telling Cersei that you're about to tell the King?

Not that it doesn't make sense from inside his head, dude's got a lot of baggage from the revolt. But DUDE.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular

Passing the blame on him more than Littlefinger or any of the Lannisters is absurd, though.
    I'm not passing the entirety of the blame to him. He was a deer caught in the headlights of the Game of Thrones.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator