Options

so you think you can DANCE WITH DRAGONS(NO TV, OPEN SPOILERS ON BOOKS 1-4)

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    spoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerGOD I was so glad to have read FfC "now I'll be able to join the Ice and Fire thread in SE++!"
    uh-huh

Oh jeez this is a terrible thing to totp. So who else is worried GRRM is gonna die before he finishes the series?

Mayday on
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    Nah not really, I mean he might be a big fella but between the books and the show he's made mad $texas so it's not like he's got a high stress life style
    Although I'll say having only read all the books a few months back it sucks waiting for the rest of them and I can only imagine what it's been like reading them from the start
    Is there any idea on when the 6th book comes out?

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Nah not really, I mean he might be a big fella but between the books and the show he's made mad $texas so it's not like he's got a high stress life style
    Although I'll say having only read all the books a few months back it sucks waiting for the rest of them and I can only imagine what it's been like reading them from the start
    Is there any idea on when the 6th book comes out?

Ballpark right now says 2014.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Though he's not ruling out the possibility of having to split it into eight books in the end.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    If anything, Bowen Marsh came off a lot better for me the second time
    Even though he doesn't like what jon's doing, he never disobeys orders until Jon's literally hours away from launching an attack on the seat of the north. Which is PRETTY OBVIOUSLY a breach of vows, hardcore.

They didn't attack Jon because they disliked him, or for personal ambition or even because he was changing things, they did it because he was breaking his vows

Why didn't he challenge him to fight like a man, then? He's a backstabbing pussy. Fuck him.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Heisenberg you're kind of bad at this

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Even though he doesn't like what jon's doing, he never disobeys orders until Jon's literally hours away from launching an attack on the seat of the north. Which is PRETTY OBVIOUSLY a breach of vows, hardcore.

They didn't attack Jon because they disliked him, or for personal ambition or even because he was changing things, they did it because he was breaking his vows

Why didn't he challenge him to fight like a man, then? He's a backstabbing pussy. Fuck him.

That's the opinion of a sociopath!

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I think it would be kind of funny.
    "yeah this guy is actually heir to the throne! ...you shanked him?"
    "yeah whoops"

Jars on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

You... You don't challenge Caesar to THROW DOWN because you don't like his face!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »

And you're kind of bad at being an even remotely friendly person. Neither of us care.

• Options
    blixaphonicsblixaphonics the french champagne Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    YaYa wrote: »

i don't think he's quite yet understood the concept that 'blind honour' is not a thing that 90% of the human population in westeros (or real life, for that manner) possess.

blixaphonics on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You haven't the slightest idea what I do and don't understand. Why is it so pressing for you to lay down judgements and assumptions? Just don't respond to the fucking post. You people are awful.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    You haven't the slightest idea what I do and don't understand. Why is it so pressing for you to lay down judgements and assumptions? Just don't respond to the fucking post. You people are awful.

we're definite sociopaths for sure. it's the nature of the beast.

also i was responding to the dude who responded to your post, but at this point it's just the semantic arguments of a stark-hating sociopath.

p.s. a few more references to being diagnosed as a sociopath due to character preferences in ASoIF thrown in somewhere here.

• Options

If you don't want anyone to respond to your posts, maybe you shouldn't put them up on a message board?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    As a sociopath, I find it offensive that you guys are just throwing that term around without understanding the gravity of it.

• Options
    As a sociopath, I find it offensive that you guys are just throwing that term around without understanding the gravity of it.

Why do you care what other people think? You're a sociopath!

• Options
    Shit, exposed!

I care what other people think of me PURELY for my own gain.

• Options

the thing is, i totally am a sociopath, it's just that my total disdain for house stark is UTTERLY UNRELATED to my mental condition. or at least so i thought until i came upon this thread and my eyes were opened forever.

• Options
    Awww, there there, you're not really a sociopath

You're just a terrible person!

• Options
    awww, do you mean that? that's so sweet of you! :)

... i think.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    what ever happened to good old fashioned psychopaths

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »

it got political

damn democrats

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    hey guys the things you are talking about on this page heavily hint to huge spoilers at the end of DWD

can you like, not do that

i only just read that chapter yesterday

use spoiler tags

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Squall wrote: »
    hey guys the things you are talking about on this page heavily hint to huge spoilers at the end of DWD

can you like, not do that

i only just read that chapter yesterday

use spoiler tags
    okay

• Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular

If you don't want anyone to respond to your posts, maybe you shouldn't put them up on a message board?

GTFO with your sensible suggestions. This is the internet.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

That's the opinion of a sociopath!

DWD Spoilers -
    I don't see how Jon's breaking his vows. He vows to wear no crowns, win no glory.

But there's no stipulation against pre-emptively attacking someone on the south side of the wall if they're posturing like they intend to march on it. Or taking a strike team of non-nights watch warriors (minimal inconvenience to the watch to deal with what could be a terrible threat) to settle a score that someone else decided was a personal matter between himself and the Lord Commander.

Long as Jon just goes to Winterfell to kill--since he was personally threatened, and because the watch as a generality was threatened--and not to settle down, I don't see the problem.

CowShark on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    hee

nevermind

Seriously on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    It isn't as if he's sworn only to defend the wall from one side.

I feel like I should point out that I feel really stupid putting that in tags, so the people who say it doesn't hurt to use spoiler tags are not right.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »

They're the same thing. Also, neither of them are medical terms, it's a purely legal construct, if I remember what I read right.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Oh god I LOVE the TV thread for all its misguided theories and people so angrily defending them.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

I don't think you know how forums work.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man this is bullshit. For the harry potter series by the time I started reading it 5 had come out and 6 and 7 took 4 years I think. (An estimate based on wikipedia and bullshit) 3 years per book is a killer.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Keep in mind, the only reason why Feast and Dance were so far apart was because Martin had to cut it in half.

For all we know, Winds of Winter could be out by this time next year.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Yeah, GRRM has worked television before. The man knows how to write on a schedule, when he wants to. But he is not our goose, so it'll be done when it is done.

• Options
    Plus the whole "GRRM writes super slow" thing is bullshit anyway. If anything the first 3 books just came out insanely fast for their size.

Compare the number of manuscript pages a year he puts out to the number that pretty much any other author who's not complete pulp puts out and he comes out pretty well.

Well, unless you want to compare him to Robert Jordan I guess, but that's just a big example of why pagecount isn't everything

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »
    i have seven chapters left in dwd

seven chapters until i can read all of these spoilers

and then have to wait for new content with the rest of you

why am i in a hurry again

so you can finally click this spoiler and find out about the big reveal at the end

(DWD SPOILERS)

HODOR

this spoiler was worth the wait

• Options
    there are literally thousands like it

• Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I just finished ADwD finally. It's weird to me that a lot of people (not necessarily on this forum) seemed to dislike it so intensely.

• Options
    It's just because there was such a wait for it

People think that somehow EVERY scene they've been hoping to see will be there, and there's just no way any book can measure up to those expectations

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    dwd is just kind of... there. it exists