As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Warcry wrote: »
    Fuck you Shiashi, I saw the thread title and got excited.
    Exact same think happened to me, although to be fair it was mixed with a guarded skepticism.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Finally got the G18 and only two assignments left. Need 5 DPV kills and 5 wins on SQDM. Not looking forward to SQDM.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Warcry, do you have your Mirror's Battlefield FXAA settings on hand?

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Stragint wrote: »
    Finally got the G18 and only two assignments left. Need 5 DPV kills and 5 wins on SQDM. Not looking forward to SQDM.

I saw this match in my battlefeed.

Dash_Dashel received 6 new items!

Proceed to list 2 weapons and 4 Pecheneg unlocks.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Warcry wrote: »
    Fuck you Shiashi, I saw the thread title and got excited.
    Exact same think happened to me, although to be fair it was mixed with a guarded skepticism.

Make that three of us.

Also, what youtube channel can I go to see 4chan getting their collective butts kicked?

• Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    Smoke is unlocked as soon as you get the mortar. Hit 2 and it'll launch. It also has a separate cooldown from the standard HE shells, so use it as much as you can.

...Well goddamn, am I ever retarded. All this time I thought I had to reach 'x' number of kills with the HE shells, which I'd long stopped bothering with. Thank you for saving me from my own stupidity.

Out of interest, anyone else tried this game in 3D? My expectations were tempered because hey, 3D, but even so it was still underwhelming. Your weapon looks neat, but just about everything else is a flattened plane set back from the screen. Guess there's only so much range of depth you can portray, but it seemed lazy after taking a look at Trine 2 and even Skyrim.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    So do I really have to score kills with the underslung grenade launcher to unlock smoke rounds for the mortar? That seems lame.

Where did you hear this?

Smoke is unlocked as soon as you get the mortar. Hit 2 and it'll launch. It also has a separate cooldown from the standard HE shells, so use it as much as you can.

Are you fucking serious?

Goddammit

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Warcry, do you have your Mirror's Battlefield FXAA settings on hand?

I've stopped using FXAA but I think I have the file backed up in my docs somewhere.

Found it.
    /*======================================================================================
    FXAA Injector danoc1 v1.25 SETTINGS
    ======================================================================================*/

// TODO: Normalize values to be on a human range scale, whole numbers prefered, decimals usable for micro adjustments
    // These values should have min/max limit checks included in their functions, so that the end user doesn't get crazy results

/*
    FILTER SELECTION
    */
    // Comment to deactivate an effect.
    // Example: To disable the tonemap effect, use // in front of #define USE_TONEMAP
    #define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
    #define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
    //#define USE_BLOOM
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR
    #define USE_TONEMAP
    //#define USE_SEPIA
    //#define USE_VIGNETTE
    #define USE_POST_SHARPEN
    //#define USE_FINAL_LIMITER

/*
    FXAA SHADER
    */
    // Set values to calculate the amount of Anti Aliasing applied
    float fxaaQualitySubpix = 0.25; // Default: 0.75 Raise to increase amount of blur
    float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 0.025; // Lower the value for more smoothing
    float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.25; // Lower the value for more smoothing

/*
    PRE_SHARPEN
    */
    //For higher precision in the calculation of contour, requires slightly more processing power
    bool highQualitySharpen = 1; //0 = Disable | 1 = Enable

// Set values to calculate the amount of AA produced blur to consider for the sharpening pass
    #define Average 0.7
    #define CoefBlur 2

// Set values of the sharpening amount
    #define SharpenEdge 0.4
    #define Sharpen_val0 1.1

/*
    BLOOM
    */
    // Number of samples per pixel taken for the Bloom effect. Don't set it to high! 4 = 25spp, 8 = 81spp, 16 = 289spp
    #define NUM_SAMPLES2 16
    float BloomPreset = 0;
    float BloomThreshold = 0;
    float BloomWidth = 0;
    float BloomPower = 0;

/*
    TECHNICOLOR
    */
    #define TechniAmount 0.0 // 1.00 = Max
    #define TechniPower 0.0

// lower values = stronger channel
    #define redNegativeAmount 1.0 // 1.00 = Max
    #define greenNegativeAmount 1.0 // 1.00 = Max
    #define blueNegativeAmount 1.0 // 1.00 = Max

/*
    TONEMAP
    */
    #define Gamma 1.0
    #define Exposure 0.01
    #define Saturation 1.25
    #define BlueShift 0.01
    #define Bleach 0.03
    #define Defog 0.1
    #define FogColor float4(0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5)

/*
    SEPIA
    */
    #define Earthyellow // Color Tone, available tones can be seen in ColorTones.PNG (Do not use spaces in the name!)
    #define GreyPower 0.0
    #define SepiaPower 0.2

/*
    VIGNETTE
    */
    // Vignette effect, process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of the image, like a picture frame
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00
    #define VignetteAmount -0.90

/*
    POST_SHARPEN
    */
    // Controls additional sharpening applied after previous processing. Strength should be max 0.25!
    float Sharpen = 0.20;

/*
    FINAL_LIMITER
    */
    // Controls the strenght of the limiter. 1.000 for default setting
    int LimiterStrenght = 1.000;

• Options
    So who won the derpwar?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Can anyone truly be said to win such a thing?

• Options
    Well, who lost less then?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

I saw this match in my battlefeed.

Dash_Dashel received 6 new items!

Proceed to list 2 weapons and 4 Pecheneg unlocks.

Yea, it was a good match for me, I mowed people down.

What maps have the DPV?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oman and one other I think, but only when the US holds the point.

edit: Kirkland, Oman, and Sharqi

Syrdon on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Syrdon wrote: »
    Oman and one other I think, but only when the US holds the point.

edit: Kirkland, Oman, and Sharqi

Wake as well. When the US holds the airfield it spawns by the machinery outside the building.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I joined a game of conquest on Oman to see if they were there and but there is a problem. This is the first time I've come across someone who is blatantly hacking. The guy is currently sitting at 162/15 and is shooting people out of tanks and APCs. I thought Dice put something in to stop this kind of stuff?

He is killing people with a radio beacon now.

Now its with the soflam.

Edit: The hacker is kind of funny. Some dude is yelling at him for his address and saying he is going to kill him in real life and the hacker told him to bring it and that he would kill him with a radio beacon in real life.

Stragint on

• Options
    Dice included punkbuster to theoretically deal with that sort of stuff, but its use is optional (and script based if I understand correctly. By which I mean, it is not guaranteed to be functional on a server that is flagged as having it enabled). Hang on to his name, then you can look him up in the battlereport afterwards and report him. Shouldn't take them long to deal with it.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Well, who lost less then?

Reddit started cheating after they lost the first couple of "practice matches." From the threads, it sounds like they were kicking people for using alltalk, kicking people for language, and were fucking with the vehicle respawn times. After everyone realized this, the 4chan group started rage quitting.

In the end, reddit and 4chan showed how immature they are.

• Options
    I hope DICE retracts the dogtags offer

or just stamps

'scrubs vs cheaters'
    GRUDGE MATCH 2012

on them

Not even a winner listed, because the was not a single winner.

• Options
    So I got all the DPV kills I needed and I unlocked the jack hammer and quit. Right now it is saying I still need DPV kills to unlock it. Does it set it back if I quit a round before it ends?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    No, but sometimes it takes a bit to update. Also, if the server isn't ranked it may not apply

edit: if it showed you unlocking, I think you'll be fine to get it. Just need to wait until the battle report from that round pops up

Syrdon on
  • Options
    Why does the jack hammer feel so much worse than the USAS?

• Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Currently it fires 3 fewer pellets per shot.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Because it is. It does have an optional silencer though which is kinda funny to fuck around with.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    This gun is the worst shit in this game. I'd rather have a fucking knife as a primary over this shotgun. Its awful, I don't understand why they would put this in as an unlock. I shot a dude point blank in the face three times and I died. I got the hit indicator but he took no damage at all.

I thought maybe it was just me being bad the first time I used it on the PS3 but now I know its a garbage gun.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    This gun is the worst shit in this game. I'd rather have a fucking knife as a primary over this shotgun. Its awful, I don't understand why they would put this in as an unlock. I shot a dude point blank in the face three times and I died. I got the hit indicator but he took no damage at all.

I thought maybe it was just me being bad the first time I used it on the PS3 but now I know its a garbage gun.

Rest assured knowing that in the patch, all semi-autos are going to have the same damage potential of 9 pellets down from 12.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    tehgilstehgils Is ruro/rurokenshin DetroitRegistered User regular
    So they're buffing the jackhammer by nerfing the rest of the shotguns? That also makes the 870 even more of a superior shotgun then.

FFXIV- Focke Wulf
  • Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    quick being bad on the forums join mumble and be bad there.

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    Guys! Us vs. Something Awful. We can do this!

• Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    After playing tonight I rescind my comment on the close quarters maps, it will at least make pubbies useful.

And that's all I can ask for.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    After playing tonight I rescind my comment on the close quarters maps, it will at least make pubbies useful.

And that's all I can ask for.
    Meatshields?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Yeah but then they're just bleeding tickets anyways. If 1/3 of the map is objectives they might accidentally stand on one long enough to cap it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular

I would totally do this just to prove how classy we are.

Who am I kidding? We'd just all derpsas for the entire match.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »

All recon. MAV murder spree. 100% win.

• Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    A derpsas only match would look hella cool on Tehran highway
    tiny explosions everywhere!
    it'll be like fireworks day!

rRootagea on
  • Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »

All recon. MAV murder spree. 100% win.

The enemy team wonders "Where the hell are all of them?" as a faint buzzing can be heard in the distance. Flight of the Valkyries plays as 32 MAV drones come tearing over the hillside, hellbent on repainting themselves in red.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    we may have to turn off vehicles for that to work

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    31 mavs, one support.
    OR
    31 mortars, one MAV

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    31 mavs, one support.
    OR
    31 mortars, one MAV

You are the best kind of sick fuck.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    According to several people, the video confirms the following weapons.
    AUG
    LSAT
    ACW-R
    SCAR-L
    L86A1
    SPAS-12
    MTAR-21

Throw in the ones we've seen from other sources, the CZ-75 handgun and CZ-750 bolt-action recon rifle, and there's only one other weapon in the pack.

BUT WHO CARES THERE'S A SPAS-12 FUCK YEAH

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png