As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Secret Huntress Fan Club! (DC Comics: The New 52)

19495969798100»

• sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So, zub and vendetti were fired at the last minute? Oh, and ivampire has just been cancelled.

http://youtu.be/cjpeo3VAvdw

sweetcreamscoops on
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Tairu wrote: »
    She didn't seem naive to me.

Justice League WW is though.

She didn't even know that her own people have a tradition of murdering sailors and selling off half their children. She never suspected that the story of her birth was a complete lie. That's pretty naive. She's just lucky that most of the gods are petulant children with wild mood swings.

Well they are her family. Thats more trusting than naive. And besides, her life has had mythological beings and events as a daily fixture, her immaculate birth doesn't seem too out there.

Except she had absolutely no problem accepting the truth about the Amazons either. If she was really just trusting rather than naive, then she would want more proof than just a story, she would likely want to hear the Amazons themselves admit it. Think about it, if someone accused your family members of being murderers, aren't you at least going to question it? But instead, Wonder Woman just goes "yup, my family members are a bunch of murdering raping slavers."

As for her immaculate birth, it caused her nothing but grief. The other Amazon kids teased her all the time about it. So that's incentive for her to try to find out more about it, maybe seek guidance from the gods who supposedly imbued her with life and are essentially her parents as well.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

She didn't even know that her own people have a tradition of murdering sailors and selling off half their children. She never suspected that the story of her birth was a complete lie. That's pretty naive. She's just lucky that most of the gods are petulant children with wild mood swings.

Well they are her family. Thats more trusting than naive. And besides, her life has had mythological beings and events as a daily fixture, her immaculate birth doesn't seem too out there.

Except she had absolutely no problem accepting the truth about the Amazons either. If she was really just trusting rather than naive, then she would want more proof than just a story, she would likely want to hear the Amazons themselves admit it. Think about it, if someone accused your family members of being murderers, aren't you at least going to question it? But instead, Wonder Woman just goes "yup, my family members are a bunch of murdering raping slavers."

As for her immaculate birth, it caused her nothing but grief. The other Amazon kids teased her all the time about it. So that's incentive for her to try to find out more about it, maybe seek guidance from the gods who supposedly imbued her with life and are essentially her parents as well.

Did the Amazons continue their murderous, raping activities while she was living there? Do they still do it? What was the Amazons excuse for the other Amazon kids?

Did the Amazons continue their murderous, raping activities while she was living there? Do they still do it? What was the Amazons excuse for the other Amazon kids?

I believe Hephastus said that the Amazons did it 3 times every century so it's likely that the last time they did it, Diana either wasn't born or was only a baby. Hera's curse prevented them from doing it again.

They never said how the Amazons explained where their kids came from. They also never said how the Amazons taught this tradition to their children. It would be rather jarring for someone to be taught to have compassion and empathy towards all life and then suddenly told to rape and murder someone once they reach the age of 30.

• ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    wow... that sucks. so this means that DC is back to 52 titles when JLA hits?

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Fuck what they did to the Amazons.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    We never actually hear from the amazons about that story Heph told. I'll believe it when they acknowledge it.

And when you live on a island with no men and immortal women and gods and magic get thrown around all the time I don't think its naive to except "You were made from clay" as an answer.

Quire.jpg
    But there's a difference between being able to accept fantastical things and having no curiosity or desire for to learn how things work. For example, children can believe all sorts of crazy ideas but they're still curious. Tell a kid that they were delivered by the stork and they won't just go "oh, OK" and never ask about it again. They'll still have a billion follow up questions about where the stork is from, where the stork gets the baby, how does the stork know where to deliver the baby, etc.

Yes, Wonder Woman lives in a fantastical world where all sorts of crazy things happen but that doesn't mean she should just automatically accept every crazy thing people tell her. She would still learn about all that magic stuff and have some understanding of it. If not, then she would be considered naive.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    DC April Solicits

Dave Finch's art for the cover of JLA #3 looks really rough, I don't know if it's a fuck off three hour cover or what. Feet still hidden!

Andy Kubert is still staying with Batman, I thought it was a one and done thing

Detective turns 900 so Batman has to have a mystery involving the Count from Sesame Street or maybe some super swick skateboarding moves.

Lil Gotham will be printed physically for those who want fun but don't have a computer (how are you reading this then?!)

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    I think Kuberts arc is 2-3 issues

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So Bob Harras is straight up lying about the Gail Simone Batgirl situation now.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43155
    Since we're on the topic of creative changes, one of the things that was a big discussion point for a while was Gail Simone being on and off "Batgirl." With Gail now reinstated on the title, I have to ask -- how much was fan outcry and fan support part of that creative editorial decision?

Harras: What we had was Ray [Fawkes] coming on for two months to help out, schedule-wise. We're very happy Gail is back; she's on the book moving forward, so to me, that was a moment in time where we were just looking for Gail's next plot to come in and we're moving forward.

In case you forgot, here's how Gail put it when it happened:
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?219361-Gail-Simone-Fired-From-BATGIRL&p=8797973&viewfull=1#post8797973
    I am indeed now without a paycheck from DC. But that doesn't matter, I firmly believe DC has every right to hire and fire who they wish.

There are nice ways to do it and crap ways, but in the end, they get to choose. That's the deal we all should know going in.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That's almost Brevoort levels of spin, maybe he was the student to the sensei all along?

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    86gqk.jpg

I don't really pay attention to Smallville, so does anyone know when they popped SuperWelling into this remake of the energy-suit and why?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So, zub and vendetti were fired at the last minute? Oh, and ivampire has just been cancelled.

"http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpeo3VAvdw#"]m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpeo3VAvdw#

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Didn't they confirm I, Vampire was ending back when they announced Andrea Sorrentino was off the book?

I don't know? I know it was in the lower end of sales when I last saw one of the overall sales charts.

Now I have gone around and dollar bin dived and found a lot of the Amethyst comics from the 80's and then I found out there is two different series of them sigh. A lot of people are lazy and/or vauge when posting what they have of the Amethyst online

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Well, I was kinda wondering how they'd bring or convert a DC-team for this Ame-Comi series..

tzj1V.jpg

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    nononononononononononono

• sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    You know you've done something wrong when starfire is the most modestly dressed titan.

Well it could be worse

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I've been hearing that I, Vampire was pretty well written.
    I guess, like Frank, it was fun but didn't have the sales. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Ugh, looks like according to mark waid's twitter superman family adventures is cancelled, and the way the creators found out was through previews/solicitations.

wtf dc

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah good god

Here is the official DC spin on Zub leaving:
    im had a great pitch for "Birds Of Prey," but as things came together in discussion and the creative churn, we all saw what Christy was doing on "Amethyst," and we were looking at "Birds Of Prey" and internally and editorially we were thinking of taking it in a different direction. The decision was made that we were going to go in a different direction than what Jim had originally envisioned. We definitely, definitely want to continue working with Jim, but at this moment, we wanted to go in a particular direction. Bobbie started working with Jim months ago --

Chase: He's a great writer. He's a great idea guy, and I look forward to working with him again.

Harras: In the creative process, these things sometimes happen and he totally understood. Obviously, he was a bit disappointed, but he understood. We hope to work with him on another project.

and on Twitter he says that his editor called him and said he was fired, very suddenly.

CYpGAPn.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well it could be worse
    lace up cyborg bikini bottom is pretty bad

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Dang, Harras barely even spun that. Couldn't even think of a basic lie to explain the situation!

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    DC COMICS!

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Sounds like the same stuff that happened to Brian Clevinger's Firestorm.

I seriously wonder if DC's ever going to get their shit together.

They will sooner or later

I actually liked the new Birds of Prey at first.

Starling was pretty cool and I was interested in seeing Ivy go in that direction and I thought the writing was pretty strong.

But then they spent a ton of issues on the first arc without actually ending it and leaving a dangling unresolved climax that was never brought up again, then Ivy turned heel in a completely rushed and boring way, then the end of that arc was completely glossed over with Ivy's deadly world-threatening disease being dealt with off-camera...

There was a lot of squandered promise there.

Suicide Squad is the one I feel they really messed up on
    It should be the missions and other things that fall into the gray area or feel that "good" super heroes cannot do instead of the cartoony way it's gone

Look can we just force Timm and Dini to do more Harley and Ivy comics at gunpoint or something?

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Geth, close this thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative The Geebs That Is A Pony. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.