As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4E PbP] Keep on the Shadowfell (IC)

1234568»

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    "Demonic planes such as the one this orb connects to are a specialty of mine... I will hold onto the device unless one of you has an objection" Dire greedily grabs the device off the floor without asking for an answer.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    As Dire makes contact with the sphere, it immediately shrinks in size. It now fits comfortably in the palm of the wizard's hand.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Where did that thing come from, Dire?" Halvard rubs his hands together, trying to massage away the pain that the orb had caused. It wasn't working. "Surely vermin such as the kobolds could not have created such a thing."

• Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    "I'm with Halvard," says Panmorn still trembling slightly "I highly doubt those creatures could have done something like this." Panmorn scans the room his eyes settling on the Padraig, he wasn't quite sure what to make of the man before, but now he was starting to feel uneasy about him.

Returning a ring should have been an easy task, but that got the party ambushed by a pack of kobolds and then lead them to a deeper conspiracy in a cave. Aow at a banquet they had to disable this strange device that a few days ago Panmorn wouldn't believe could exist.

He studied the Lord as best he could in the commotion of the room, then after a few moments he made sure to gather up his shield.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Cordarek eyes the inactive sphere as Dire snatches it up, and then the halfling shrugs. It's not like I'd ever be able to figure the damn thing out anyway. Leave it to them who know what to do with it.

"You're right. This doesn't seem like kobold work to me. They're more likely to light something smelly on fire and toss it through your window than to do... that. Also, the sealing of the doors is odd to me."

He turns to one of the guards, a man he's met several times before.

"What did you fellows see just before that bounding ball of doom came through the doors? Any shady looking sorcerous types (beyond myself, of course) lurking about?"
    Diplomacy to get info out of the guards if they're recalcitrant: Diplomacy: 1d20+9 18

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    "Interesting. Very interesting," Dire remarks as he studies the orb. "Cordarek, your magic is quite different from mine... do your arcane senses feel the same thing I'm feeling?"
    @GrimmyTOA - want to aid me with an arcana check :D ?

Arcana: 1d20+10 17 - Orokos spit out a bunch of rolls and blank screens, but I took the first one chronologically in my dice history, so it wouldn't look like I'm roll fixing :). Which is too bad - one of them was a natural 20.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Cordarek walks over to dire and extends a hand towards the orb. Closing his eyes, he tries to get a feel for the thing.

Arcana on Orb: 1d20+5 20