As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mafia [mini] II - Epilogue: Not so Professional now eh? Village and Skull Man Victory!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Assuran wrote: »
    !Ketbra missed the bandwagon last night. We need to hit for certain.

The good vig has contacted Obi, right? I mean, we can't lose you to a cross fire.

This hasn't happened yet. With my luck I will accidentally kill our last vig tonight.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Will put a vote out then in the spirit of figuring things out a little earlier, though not adverse to long debates and last minute vote-switching either.

Figgy for becoming noticeably more active and trying to summarize/report on what's been happening. Just get the sense that your trying to aim the village, which I suppose you would be whichever side you were on, but well that's my suspicion.

Also going to be amused if somehow the SK manages to eliminate everyone while being wide out in the open, would be a first I think.

It would be a first because it would be impossible. If it gets down to 3 people (1 maj, 1 min, me) then I guarantee the other two vote for me.

I can't see a way for the SK to win once out in the open.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Will put a vote out then in the spirit of figuring things out a little earlier, though not adverse to long debates and last minute vote-switching either.

Figgy for becoming noticeably more active and trying to summarize/report on what's been happening. Just get the sense that your trying to aim the village, which I suppose you would be whichever side you were on, but well that's my suspicion.

Also going to be amused if somehow the SK manages to eliminate everyone while being wide out in the open, would be a first I think.

It would be a first because it would be impossible. If it gets down to 3 people (1 maj, 1 min, me) then I guarantee the other two vote for me.

I can't see a way for the SK to win once out in the open.

In that scenario voting for you would guarantee mafia victory since they could kill the remaining majority member and your kill is 50/50 for hitting them. Either that or host victory. But yea I suppose at that point the majority can't win unless minority and SK kill each other off, so maybe you just play for the host victory. Thinking out loud now, don't mind me, would like to see you pull it off.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

Only thing I can really say to that is it's a combo of 1) I'm starting to "get the hang of things" and 2) this phalla seems very inactive, and I'm trying to at least be one of the few making it interesting.
    I'm thinking the majority vig can only hit on even numbered days as he only killed people on day 2 and 4.

I think he got a kill day 1 as well. Majority kill on Baidol (who was targeted by both sides) and then someone killed Skull Man. I'm assuming it was our majority vig. Remember the narration said that the town drunk "started hollering at some of the muscle today" and he turned around and shot him. I'm assuming "muscle" refers to the mafia majority.

Now, for more analysis that apparently makes me look suspicious. I don't care. Someone has to do it:

Smoove Operator was inactive yesterday. Since he hasn't posted since the host called him out on it, I'm assuming he'll be inactive again tonight. I'm going to assume he is part of the vanilla majority. He might as well be dead at this point, since he won't be giving us a vote. That means four majority, four minority, and one neutral. Four unified votes today should be the minority, then? I know it shouldn't be that simple. It probably isn't.

ObiFett - neutral
    SeGaTai - votes Figgy
    Figgy - votes Ketbra
    DumpShock
    Smoove Operator - inactive
    Flarne - votes Figgy
    shalmelo - votes Cayrus
    Cayrus
    Assuran - votes Ketbra
    Ketbra

So either SeG and Flarne are part of the remaining minority, or me and Assuran are. Or, the mafia aren't bothering trying to swing the vote today because it would be much more obvious with so few people left. And then we have nothing. Not that we had much otherwise.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    @smoove operator

We really need you to not go inactivus on us tonight.

• Options
    Was Spoit's spreadsheet public? Anyone have a link? I'm kind of tinkering with Excel myself, and I'd like to see how he set his up and what kind of info he collects.

And if I do get voted off tonight, hopefully I can just link back to this phalla whenever someone suspects me because I'm active.

• Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    !smoove
    minority only has to sit back and kill us for the last two days and if obi is right about 4—5 minority then having a non vocal person makes sense to me.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    DumpShock wrote: »
    !smoove
    minority only has to sit back and kill us for the last two days and if obi is right about 4—5 minority then having a non vocal person makes sense to me.

Non-vocal is one thing, but entirely inactive is going to get him killed off by the host.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    !smoove

Yea there's no reason to vote for smoove until he shows up since he will be dead anyway.

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    !smoove

Non-vocal is one thing, but entirely inactive is going to get him killed off by the host.

Don't steal my thunder! I'm hoping he votes 10mins before close and validates my hunch.

• Options
    alright noob mistake. You guys are right

!Ketbra
    to break the tie.

• Options
    !smoove

Don't steal my thunder! I'm hoping he votes 10mins before close and validates my hunch.

But why would he have gone inactive last night? For all he knew, the host could have killed him off today. In fact, if he was a minority, I bet the host would have killed him off for 1 day of inactivity, given that they are crushing us and on the verge of victory.

If he's a majority, the host gives him a bit of leeway, because killing him off for inactivity would have ended the game.

• Options
    Hosts don't (or shouldn't) change how they handle inactivity based on a players role/alignment. I think the Rysk rule was you get one day of inactivity warning and then your eliminated on the 2nd but I'm too lazy to go look it up.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGa, you might want to edit you post up higher where you quoted the vote for smoove. Could be misinterpreted as a vote for smoove.

• Options
    Figgy-fixed that for ya

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    For the record, I'm not super-devoted to my Cayrus vote - just sort of left it there because I quoted myself to exonerate myself of the host's scurrilous charge of inactivity.

That said, I do still think he's on the wrong side of whatever we're calling the law in this game. But I'm willing to be convinced otherwise...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Right now we are at:
    ketbra 3
    figgy 2
    cayrus 1

And we are missing 4 votes (ketbra, cayrus, smoove, obifett).

• Options
    So if Ketbra suddenly falls out of the lead and I go home tonight, and that doesn't end the game, you guys should focus on those who secured my fate.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'll vote KetBra.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Guessing we will be playing the full day since Smoove is unlikely to report soon, so plenty of time for the vote to shift

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Also, Ketbra doesn't usually log on until later.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    It may not have been explicitly stated, but you get two days of inactivus. I'd never change that policy based on game progress or player role. If the hero goes afk day 1, cest la vie.

Day will continue until normal time.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I support the decision of the majority of the majority. Ketbra.

• Options
    Ok, we know the majority has one last vig remaining. Please come talk to me. I really don't want to accidentally vig you tonight. Because if I do, we both lose.

• Options
    I didn't think ketbra was a minority yesterday. I still don't think he is today.

Cayrus is better than ketbra

• Options
    did not mean to bold that whole line...

• Options
    edited March 2012
    United we must stand.

Cayrus

If Ketbra is evil, I'm going to be so freaking mad.

Figgy on
  • Options
    Cayrus because being part of the majority makes me feel safe.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    United we must stand.

Cayrus

If Ketbra is evil, I'm going to be so freaking mad.

you and me both.

If ketbra ends up being minority, I will never trust anything ketbra says, ever. For all games always.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    You should never trust anything anyone says in any games ever.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I am the most trustworthy guy ever.

I would like to remind the hypothetical remaining vig that obifett is the serial killer, and while accidentally getting killed by him would suck, getting purposefully killed by him would suck even more.

I guess people are voting for Cayrus?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    /sprint into the thread, panting uncontrollably

It's ok everyone, I'm here now.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Also, Cayrus voting is a thing, now?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    !Ketbra
    !Cayrus

Obi you better vig Ketbra because that's 2 days in a row that they escaped the vote and that just seems odd.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yes because not dying totally makes me suspicious.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    Yes because not dying totally makes me suspicious.
    Yeah I know. The SK pulling the vote off of you for the second day in a row isn't totally suspicious at all.
    Honestly I'm completely lost so take this as tongue in cheek.

• Options
    Right now we have 7 people on Cayrus.

So either:

1. Cayrus is a majority and the minority are content to ride the vote because they know this.
    2. Cayrus is a minority and...
    a) the minority are 4 strong, so they know they can't swing the vote.
    b) the minority are 5 strong and they are gonna swing the vote late to force a tie or possibly force the vote onto a majority if the majority isn't unified.
    c) the minority are being careful to not reveal themselves and are ok with Cayrus dying

I am really afraid of 1, but we can't change our vote based on that because the minority could be waiting for us to do that.
    I hope it is 2.a
    If 2.b happens we could be screwed, so everyone in the majority NEEDS to get on the Cayrus vote. Like now.
    I can only see 2.c happening if Cayrus is a minority but doesn't have power. Again, getting rid of any minority right now is better than no minority.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Right now we have 7 people on Cayrus.

So either:

1. Cayrus is a majority and the minority are content to ride the vote because they know this.
    2. Cayrus is a minority and...
    a) the minority are 4 strong, so they know they can't swing the vote.
    b) the minority are 5 strong and they are gonna swing the vote late to force a tie or possibly force the vote onto a majority if the majority isn't unified.
    c) the minority are being careful to not reveal themselves and are ok with Cayrus dying

I am really afraid of 1, but we can't change our vote based on that because the minority could be waiting for us to do that.
    I hope it is 2.a
    If 2.b happens we could be screwed, so everyone in the majority NEEDS to get on the Cayrus vote. Like now.
    I can only see 2.c happening if Cayrus is a minority but doesn't have power. Again, getting rid of any minority right now is better than no minority.

Pretty sure that if there were 5 people left in the minority the game would already be over. IMO it's got to be either option 1 or option 2a

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Still don't see any harm in preventing a late vote switch shenanigan.

Current vote status:
    cayrus 7
    ketbra 2
    figgy 1

If 3 of the minority are in our current vote pool of 7, all they would have to do is do a late vote switch to ketbra and all of a sudden ketbra is out by the vote.

We need all the majority on the Cayrus vote. Badly.

• Options
    Other situations:
    - If 2 of the minority are in the Cayrus vote of 7 and the figgy vote is the minority, then they can switch it late and cause a tie between ketbra and cayrus.
    - If 2 of the minority are in the Cayrus vote of 7 and both remaining ketbra votes are minority then all they need to do is switch to figgy late and we have another tie.

Ties are bad, and leaving possible openings for late vote switches is really bad, considering its happened twice this game.

If you are part of the majority, you NEED to switch to Cayrus. There really is no good reason not to at this point.