As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ter than Shepard

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    have one of your bitches make you lots of free shit. I did that instantly. Do that in every game with a crafting system.

ftOqU21.png
    http://doctord.dyndns.org:8000/Stories/Nightfall.htm

This is Nightfall what I am reading right now, by the way

ftOqU21.png
    edited March 2012
    It is really making me want to go out stargazing

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    That new sleigh bells album is mixed for shit.

It sounds like they just set everything at 0dBFS, through a mild limiter on it and said "FUCK IT"

That is all they had to do.

steam_sig.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    It sounds like a weezer track with southern-rap beats.
    This sounds better than the stuff you normally talk about!

If you knew what you were talking about you might now feel that way!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    There are no cats in America.

And the streets are paved with cheese.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    There are no cats in America.

And the streets are paved with cheese.

It is truly a paradise.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I thought Dragon Age was surprisingly bad.

Story wise sure, pretty interesting. But I seriously hated all the mechanics. Down to there not being a lot of health potions to buy. They never seemed to restock. I could have made my own but that was not something I should have been forced to realize half way through the game. Basically replaying a lot of fights just so I lowered my potion consumption. Always near broke.

A lot of fights that were perfectly unwinnable until you managed to bug the AI out, or it suddenly worked on the sixth try for no apparent reason. Blood mage in that house in the town. Not winnable until he got stuck in a door. No way it was.

...okay, sorry, but not even considering making potions is p dumb

How was I supposed to guess that crafting was almost required in this game, when stores usually have a replenishing supply of potions? That you can usually buy with your vast fortune. The fortune that was not in this game either.

...the first time you replayed a fight to lower your potion consumption, you nitwit!

My reasoning was this:
    Hmm there's not too many potions here. Never mind, I bet there are a huge deal to buy in the capitol city.

Much later: Oh hey potions, buy buy buy.

Even more later: Oh hey, they're fresh out of potions.

They would have had to explicitly tell me to pick flowers if the one way to play the game as a non mage required picking flowers.

PSN: Honkalot
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

It sounds like they just set everything at 0dBFS, through a mild limiter on it and said "FUCK IT"

Nope! That's not how mixing/engineering works!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Really though they took the novelty of some of their earlier work and let it go too far.

But you know. Kids these days.

steam_sig.png
    I thought Dragon Age was surprisingly bad.

Story wise sure, pretty interesting. But I seriously hated all the mechanics. Down to there not being a lot of health potions to buy. They never seemed to restock. I could have made my own but that was not something I should have been forced to realize half way through the game. Basically replaying a lot of fights just so I lowered my potion consumption. Always near broke.

A lot of fights that were perfectly unwinnable until you managed to bug the AI out, or it suddenly worked on the sixth try for no apparent reason. Blood mage in that house in the town. Not winnable until he got stuck in a door. No way it was.

...okay, sorry, but not even considering making potions is p dumb

How was I supposed to guess that crafting was almost required in this game, when stores usually have a replenishing supply of potions? That you can usually buy with your vast fortune. The fortune that was not in this game either.

...the first time you replayed a fight to lower your potion consumption, you nitwit!

My reasoning was this:
    Hmm there's not too many potions here. Never mind, I bet there are a huge deal to buy in the capitol city.

Much later: Oh hey potions, buy buy buy.

Even more later: Oh hey, they're fresh out of potions.

They would have had to explicitly tell me to pick flowers if the one way to play the game as a non mage required picking flowers.

Haha. Sorry, but this is all on you.

ftOqU21.png
    NO!

I am busy killing not-orcs!

The lazy storekeeper can go pick flowers.

I am busy!

It became less of a problem when I picked up that second mage, I did that the last.

And also I learned how to eat corpses! Yummy!

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    This weather we're having in the US is ridiculous. It's been in the mid 80s all week even though it's fucking March! All the plants, trees and bugs are going full springtime already.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    NO!

I am busy killing not-orcs!

The lazy storekeeper can go pick flowers.

I am busy!

But but..he needs those flowers!

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    This weather we're having in the US is ridiculous. It's been in the mid 80s all week even though it's fucking March! All the plants, trees and bugs are going full springtime already.

Yeah it's frakin weird.

HELLO WELCOME TO MY STORE IN DRAGON AGE

I HAVE NO STOCK

PLEASE STILL GIVE MONEYS!?

there are zombie orcs everywhere, honk, and you expect the economy to function smoothly?

healing potions were probably really expensive things that you bought one bottle of for the family and used tiny drops of it to cure diseases and saved it for major injuries

and then you come along and you're all "I'll have the lot. When will you have more?"

ftOqU21.png
    HELLO WELCOME TO MY STORE IN DRAGON AGE

I HAVE NO STOCK

PLEASE STILL GIVE MONEYS!?

Maybe it's your fault for selling him all those crap items over the years.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

it's the worst

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov

The surface of the water in my swimming pool is glazed with pollen.

edited March 2012

I am going to invent something that does frequency analysis of a multitrack recording and applies dynamic many-tap filters to each track, doing a least squares solution for flat power spectral density. It is going to sound FAT and surgical and lifeless and cheesy and it will take over the world of mixing like some sort of comic sans autotune monstrosity.

Donkey Kong on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I love this weather.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    HELLO WELCOME TO MY WEAPONS STORE IN SKYRIM

WHY YES YOU DID SELL ME SOMETHING WORTH THREE THOUSAND SEPTIMS LAST YOU WERE HERE

I SOLD IT TO BANDIT HIGHWAYMAN FOR FIVE HUNDRED SEPTIMS WHICH IS WHY THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO OFFER YOU NOW

YES I KNOW WHAT A GOOD BUSINESS PLAN IS I RUN A WEAPONS STORE

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Zampanov wrote: »

it's the worst

The wasps seem to be awake, and quite pissed about it.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Better keep that covered unless you want to wake up to a bee bacchanalia.

Meh. If they run out they can just pick flowers.

I wonder when there will come a game where people just straight up give you potions for free because you're saving the world/galaxy.

edited March 2012

No. I mean what would sell.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png

I wonder when there will come a game where people just straight up give you potions for free because you're saving the world/galaxy.

They'll give you potions for free...

...as soon as you collect the materials for them.

Better keep that covered unless you want to wake up to a bee bacchanalia.

Ha, don't be silly.

Bees are extinct.

Seriously. Both of our lawn mowers are refusing to start up and the neighbors are going to flip shit if I don't get the grass down.

steam_sig.png

You know what I would say if someone came into my shop and was all hey give me free shit I'm saving the world?

It would not be oh sure I totally believe you.

ftOqU21.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

I am going to invent something that does frequency analysis of a multitrack recording and applies dynamic many-tap filters to each track, doing a least squares solution for flat power spectral density. It is going to sound FAT and surgical and lifeless and cheesy and it will take over the world of mixing like some sort of comic sans autotune monstrosity.

You be the brains, I'll be the ears, 50/50 cut?

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    The best thing in Dragon Age was the conversation option [Kill with knife] that showed up in ALMOST every single conversation in the game.

That was ridiculously difficult to get tired of.

Should have been implemented more often for lazy shopkeepers though.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

bah
    as someone who has had a bike stolen that is infuriating

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!

You know what I would say if someone came into my shop and was all hey give me free shit I'm saving the world?

It would not be oh sure I totally believe you.

*storms into gas station*

HAVE YOU PICKED FLOWERS LATELY?! I NEED ALL THE RED POTIONS YOU HAVE GOT!

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Man, I was swimming in potions in Dragons Age.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.