As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forming a More Perfect Union

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The bottom line is, Zimmerman shot an unarmed kid on the basis that "He looked at me funny, and ostensibly beat me up."

That is not self defense.

That is not manslaughter.

That is murder.

Arrest that fucker, indict him, send him to jail, then get every hospital chasing asshole without a conscience and a hunger for publicity the fuck out of my city.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    jesus christ

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    jesus christ

ThomasSigKANYE.png

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    The bottom line is, Zimmerman shot an unarmed kid on the basis that "He looked at me funny, and ostensibly beat me up."

That is not self defense.

That is not manslaughter.

That is murder.

"and if he beat me up it's because he was probably freaked the fuck out because it's getting dark and some weirdo was following him in a car and then got out and confronted him so i shot him"

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    So 4chan's /pol/ right now is trying to run a smear campaign against Trayvon Martin by hacking into his Facebook.

Also,

Police: Zimmerman says Trayvon decked him with one blow then began hammering his head

I want the evidence to presented so I can get to the bottom of this case, because I feel like the media is pushing us to believe Zimmerman is guilty.

Zimmerman's lawyer is claiming he has a broken nose
    i mean zimmerman also says that martin came up behind him when he got out of his truck to check what street he was on

despite the 911 tape that shows A) he knew where he was and B) he got out of the car to start following martin

so right there i've stopped believing anything out of zimmerman's mouth

what about the injuries on his head and the unequivocal statement of a witness

Yeah this whole assumption that the dude just walked up and shot a kid because he was wearing a hooded shirt has confused the shit out of me since day one. Now is Al Sharpton going to tell us that after shooting him he punched his own nose and beat his own head against the pavement?

we've known there was some kind of a fight for a while

the bit i take issue with is where he claims martin jumped him out of nowhere because that part is demonstrably a load of bullshit

please

demonstrate how it's bullshit

zimmerman says martin jumped him when he stepped out of the car

except the tapes "show" him getting out of the car and following martin (show's not the right word but you know what i mean please let's not do a semantics dance on that one)

wow it's almost like he made up getting jumped and is actually the aggressor in this situation

The police report cites Zimmerman's claim is that he got out of the car, went to follow Martin, lost sight of him, and then went back to his car. Then he alleges Marin caught up with him, they exchanged words, and then Martin attacked.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    guess what guys! being freaked out by some guy following you isn't a license to beat them up either!

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So 4chan's /pol/ right now is trying to run a smear campaign against Trayvon Martin by hacking into his Facebook.

Also,

Police: Zimmerman says Trayvon decked him with one blow then began hammering his head

I want the evidence to presented so I can get to the bottom of this case, because I feel like the media is pushing us to believe Zimmerman is guilty.

i mean zimmerman also says that martin came up behind him when he got out of his truck to check what street he was on

despite the 911 tape that shows A) he knew where he was and B) he got out of the car to start following martin

Yeah this whole assumption that the dude just walked up and shot a kid because he was wearing a hooded shirt has confused the shit out of me since day one. Now is Al Sharpton going to tell us that after shooting him he punched his own nose and beat his own head against the pavement?

we've known there was some kind of a fight for a while

the bit i take issue with is where he claims martin jumped him out of nowhere because that part is demonstrably a load of bullshit

please

demonstrate how it's bullshit

zimmerman says martin jumped him when he stepped out of the car

except the tapes "show" him getting out of the car and following martin (show's not the right word but you know what i mean please let's not do a semantics dance on that one)

wow it's almost like he made up getting jumped and is actually the aggressor in this situation

huh because the thing i read said he got jumped as he was turning to return to his car

it's like there's more going on than the conclusion you jumped to based on your sense of injustice

the "turning to return to his car" bit is Zimmerman's story, it's not on the tapes or corroborated by any witnesses I know of

although I don't believe the 911 tapes say anything about him getting out of his truck either

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    do you know who deserves to die

• Options
    guess what guys! being freaked out by some guy following you isn't a license to beat them up either!

I think I'd prefer two individual charges of harassment and battery to one count of murder.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The pair's phone logs, obtained by ABC News, show they spoke just five minutes before police responded to reports of a shooting at the gated community in Sanford, Fla.

Recounting her conversation with Martin, the teen girl said, "He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man."

"I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run," she said.

After a few minutes, the girl said, Martin thought he was safe. But eventually the man appeared again.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for?'" the girl said. "And the man said, 'What are you doing here?' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the [phone’s] headset just fell."

The line went dead, the girl said.

"I called him again and he didn't answer the phone," she said.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-20/news/31217172_1_teen-girl-abc-news-phone-logs

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    How many people here are actually involved in their local politics

• Options
    do you know who deserves to die

people who advertise their stupid fucking tumblr in every post they make your username is right there and clickable boho-chic fuck you

• Options
    Gumpy wrote: »

I'm not involved as in attending council meetings or campaigning but I follow what's going on and try to vote in the best interest of the city, county and state.

• Options

Also,

Butters, go listen to the 911 tapes, and then tell me Zimmerman didn't have it in his head to start some shit.

Besides, shooting a kid after he beat your ass for spouting off racial epithets and harassing him for no damn reason is pretty fucked up.

I haven't heard the tapes and I certainly don't know enough to support Zimmerman but use your head for a second. Racial epithets or not what Zimmerman is alleging is aggravated assault and possibly attempted manslaughter. There's a bit of a difference between beating someone up for running their mouth and sucker-punching someone and then proceeding to pound their head against the pavement.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

I'm not involved as in attending council meetings or campaigning but I follow what's going on and try to vote in the best interest of the city, county and state.

same here

• Options
    edited March 2012
    i guess in the end it comes to who's word you trust and what you believe the evidence proves as well as whether there is more to the story that just hasnt been shared

if im right though you guys owe me a fiver right

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    removed

done arguing about this

Buttlord on
  • Options
    I say this as someone that thinks anyone that fires a weapon on a would be attacker should be detained and at least questioned by police at a station before being sent home.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    arrest zim on at least manslaughter, gag order the lawyers, set trial date
    165_arts_lodico.jpg

In my ideal world there would be a thousand Jack McCoys.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »

same here

:^:

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    165_arts_lodico.jpg

ten thousand lenny bricoes

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    what about anarcho-syndicalists?

peasants

bloody peasants

• Options
    165_arts_lodico.jpg

My one complaint about his run on the show, not a complaint about him, but about plot devices used in the writing. The vast overuse of motion to suppress.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

same here

:^:

hi5 for civic responsibility

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    165_arts_lodico.jpg

My one complaint about his run on the show, not a complaint about him, but about plot devices used in the writing. The vast overuse of motion to suppress.

I think my real only complain is that Jack McCoy a lot of times is super unethical to the point where he isn't about serving justice, he's about winning.

Which I think makes him an even better character but the guy does some really shady stuff to win cases.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Also Sunday, "Dateline NBC" aired an interview with a woman who said she and her roommate heard and saw the last moments of Martin's life.

Mary Cutcher said they heard the voice of what sounded like a young person in distress just before hearing a gunshot.

"It sounded young," she said. "It didn't sound like a grown man is my point."

She added that as they looked out from their apartment they saw Zimmerman "straddling the body, basically, a foot on both sides of Trayvon’s body and his hands pressed on his back."

Zimmerman then told them to call the police, Cutcher said. "Zimmerman never turned him over or tried to help him or CPR or anything."

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular

same here

Involved in any sort of voting bloc, politically active group or anything like that?

The number of active young people in these kinda groups has tanked. Went to see our local Fabian society and the youngest person that wasn't there with me was around 50

• Options
    edited March 2012
    165_arts_lodico.jpg

I think my real only complain is that Jack McCoy a lot of times is super unethical to the point where he isn't about serving justice, he's about winning.

Which I think makes him an even better character but the guy does some really shady stuff to win cases.

i always remember that russian mafia episode where he defied habeas corpus all the way up to the highest state court

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    h
    165_arts_lodico.jpg

i always remember that russian mafia episode where he defied habeas corpus all the way up to like the state supreme court

Jack McCoy: the worst lawyer or the best

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Meiz wrote: »
    Meiz wrote: »
    When 50 percent of people surveyed have a problem with evolution and don't know that the earth revolves around the sun taking 1 year to do so, I think it's time to stop jerking off your ego.

What are you talking about?

http://www.science20.com/news_releases/science_literacy_american_adults_flunk_basic_science_says_survey

Only 53% of adults know how long it takes for the Earth to revolve around the Sun.
    Only 59% of adults know that the earliest humans and dinosaurs did not live at the same time.
    Only 47% of adults can roughly approximate the percent of the Earth's surface that is covered with water .
    Only 21% of adults answered all three questions correctly.

This survey was conducted by telephone within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of the California Academy of Sciences between December 17 and December 21, 2008 among 1,002 adults ages 18+.

a nation of idiots...represented by 1002 people

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Also re: the police statement that is basically "This is what Zimmerman told us happened."
    In response to the recent article in the Orlando Sentinel, the information was not provided to the media through an authorized source at the Sanford Police Department, but possibly by a leak from within the department. The information in the article is consistent with the information provided to the State Attorney's office by the police department.

"We do not condone these unauthorized leaks of information," said City Manager, Norton Bonaparte, Jr. "Acting Chief Scott will be doing an internal investigation within the Sanford Police Department as this type of action compromises the integrity of the law enforcement agency which has pledged to uphold the law".

Mr. Bonaparte stated that disciplinary action including possible termination will be taken against anyone found to have leaked the information.

Hmm, a leak from the police department that did a piss-poor job of any manner of initial investigation? No thanks.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I fucking hate surveys and how they're pimped by morons.

• Options
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

OMG. I'm at work so there's no sound but I think that may make it better.

• Options
    original.jpg

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    The only surveys that will ever be useful involve Families and Feuding

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    also i'd like to point out, unless FLA law is seriously fucked up and not instep with the norm, that "Stand Your Ground" or any self-defense doesn't allow you to provoke an altercation and then hide behind it

castle doctrine is pretty much same in states like tx and fl. florida was actually one of the first states to adopt it.

just no duty to retreat if threatened in a life/death situation or somebody else is in danger of death. but in no way does that give you permission to look for trouble so you say you were threatened and shoot somebody.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Zimmerman then told them to call the police, Cutcher said. "Zimmerman never turned him over or tried to help him or CPR or anything."

Is CPR normally applied when the victim has a bullet wound in the chest?

I think I'd prefer two individual charges of harassment and battery to one count of murder.

Accept that's not what Zimmerman alleges according to the police report. He claims that Martin beat him while he cried for help and the report cites eye witnesses corroborating this. That's not battery.

• Options
    Annoying that folk are still hating on the stimulus.
    WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department announced on Monday that it had finished selling the $225 billion in mortgage-backed securities it bought to help stabilize the markets during the worst of the financial crisis. The government ended up making a $25 billion profit on the securities, which are guaranteed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-owned mortgage finance companies. The profit came from interest payments, principal and rising prices for the securities, the department said.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/20/business/us-completes-sale-of-mortgage-backed-securities.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

This discussion has been closed.