As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i don't imagine most human beings have the necessary reflexes to hit Riposte in the split-second before Empower resets jax's auto-attack timer

yeah that's not doable with my 100 or so ping

You don't need to have lightning reflexes you just need to watch how they play and take note of when they tend to use it. Some Jax's like to Empower then Leap, some like to just waddle up real close and use it. You need to adjust how you play to how they play. This is pretty standard stuff.

Even if you miss the timing he'll still take a sizable hit from his auto attacks anyways.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    I think soraka is my new go to ban, in solo que at least. It just seems like when she is around it covers the other carrys ass and makes ganking really hard. She is basically a really safe way to cover bot and prevent them from losing the lane with harass, mana, and heals. So at best , unless the bottom lane is terrible, you will have a draw bot lane and it will be a farm fest. Worst case senario soraka's mana and sustain pushes your bottom lane out of lane and denies them tons of CS and levels.

This is my position on her too. She lets bad players scrape by.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    I think soraka is my new go to ban, in solo que at least. It just seems like when she is around it covers the other carrys ass and makes ganking really hard. She is basically a really safe way to cover bot and prevent them from losing the lane with harass, mana, and heals. So at best , unless the bottom lane is terrible, you will have a draw bot lane and it will be a farm fest. Worst case senario soraka's mana and sustain pushes your bottom lane out of lane and denies them tons of CS and levels.

This is my position on her too. She lets bad players scrape by.

And good players do better. My best AD bottoms are Ez and I'm tempted to say Varus in the very near future, both of which can use as much mana as she can pump into them.

She also helps counter Varus a bit by being able to fizzle his Q entirely if timed right.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    So, is trolling people in bot games a thing now? I just went for a quick Dominion game to get my FWotD on my NA account, and had three people just sit in the base for the last ten minutes, while they spent the first ten minutes running into the bots to die. And they were all level 30.

The only two people that played were me (level 10 on NA) and a level 17 Warwick who was AWFUL.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »
    So, is trolling people in bot games a thing now? I just went for a quick Dominion game to get my FWotD on my NA account, and had three people just sit in the base for the last ten minutes, while they spent the first ten minutes running into the bots to die. And they were all level 30.

The only two people that played were me (level 10 on NA) and a level 17 Warwick who was AWFUL.

Don't play Coop vs AI Dominion, you can actually lose those. At least with SR there is a very good chance if you play right that you can 1v5 for a win if absolutely necessary.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular

Don't play Coop vs AI Dominion, you can actually lose those. At least with SR there is a very good chance if you play right that you can 1v5 for a win if absolutely necessary.

These people were deliberately trolling, though. And Dominion is soooo fast with no farming. I just wanted a quick game! If I was going to play SR, I'd play versus people.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Can Fiora parry Jax' Leap Strike? I don't think she should as it's a spell, but I'd just like to have it confired/shot down.

• Options
    edited May 2012

These people were deliberately trolling, though. And Dominion is soooo fast with no farming. I just wanted a quick game! If I was going to play SR, I'd play versus people.

I'm just saying purely for FWOTD purposes. They were obviously trolling, but if that happens in Dominion you are screwed, if it happens in SR there is something you can do about it.

Also for quick wins if you can convince the 4 other people in SR Bot to all go mid and just push for the win you can finish it in around 9 minutes-ish.

@MrGrimoire I don't believe so. Not in my experience at least. Leapstrike is an ability instead of an autoattack enhancement.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Jax vs Fiora is my favorite lane. I can just AA harass her (Jax has better HP and Arm, normally ends even) until she pops W, wait it out, then WEQW and take half her health.

Eventually it just gets to the point (around level 7) that you can Q to her the second she gets in range and just chase her down until she pops W or runs away. Saving E for her ult is a big thing, though.

• Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    My main beef with Varus is I don't like that he gets to do so much and be an AD carry.

Slow, Heal debuff, AoE immobilize, long attack range(I think he is 575), Bonus magic damage on auto attacks, gets a small attack speed steroid, %health magic damage active from skills that go through minions or is a targetted AoE.

I say take away either his slow or his heal debuff, he does way to goshdarn much for an AD Carry

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    I thought she couldn't, nice to have a Fiora player more or less confirm.

Jungle Gragas on Hotshot's stream: http://clgaming.net/live/154-clg-hotshotgg

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    My main beef with Varus is I don't like that he gets to do so much and be an AD carry.

Slow, Heal debuff, AoE immobilize, long attack range(I think he is 575), Bonus magic damage on auto attacks, gets a small attack speed steroid, %health magic damage active from skills that go through minions or is a targetted AoE.

I say take away either his slow or his heal debuff, he does way to goshdarn much for an AD Carry

He lacks a completely bullshit escape ability and his passive is super irrelevant in many fights. I'm reserving judgment overall, but those seem like two huge holes that help make up for the other parts of his kit.

• Options
    While true that he lacks an escape ability, given his range, high base speed(310) and targetted AoE slow, and potential AoE immobilize I imagine it'll still be slightly difficult to catch him. Though I do like the lack of BS escape, I still dislike how much his kit does.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'd just like to say that it's nice that they have the LoL composer actually doing regular work with the logins now

i hope he feels a lot more fulfilled at his job now

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Am I bad, or do Olaf and Jax just shit all over Fiora?

olaf and jax do indeed shit all over fiora

(but you're still bad)

:whistle: noooobody loves me
    everybody hates me
    guess i'll go
    eat some worms

Everybody hates you.
    Everybody wishes that you were dead.
    Cause Peter you suck,
    Peter you suck,
    Peter your music is fucking terrible.
    Peter you suck,
    Peter you suck,
    You don't do anything of value.
    Peter you suck,
    Write some music,
    But instead you sit and write these bullshit songs.
    It's so self loathing, go see a psychiatrist.
    I hate the psychiatrist!
    Well go see one anyways.
    I don't like the psychiatrist!
    You need to go see one, see a psychiatrist!
    I'm not going!

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man, just played (and won) a Leona game (my first) where I contributed approximately nothing until very late. Dat skillshot....

e: well, also lots of wards, which is something

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    <3 Vayne. I really need to try out this weeks duders but god Vayne just never gets old.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

He actually doesn't carry all that hard. He has a great AS buff after the first kill but in a team fight he has to get that kill[and then be able to move to the next target] and someone with a proper AD or AS steroid is going to wreck varus's front line before varus wrecks the other assuming you come out of laning about even. And many other AD carries have repositions which make it easier for them to capitalize on that first front line kill.

So the question should then be "how do you expect to come out of laning". Versus some lanes he is going to be really strong, he can harass all day from safety and can dictate engagements with his move speed. In other lanes he is going to be punished. He seems like he will come out of laning worse than most early game carries and better than many late game carries with a few exceptions for champions he can counter hard. He also suffers the same problems that all non-hyper carries have in that if the enemy has a later game champion he has to win early.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I think the thing about Varus is his utility makes him consistently strong throughout the game, where as most carries have to wait to get some gear.

Not saying he's OP though.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    Man, just played (and won) a Leona game (my first) where I contributed approximately nothing until very late. Dat skillshot....

e: well, also lots of wards, which is something

I once ended a game as morg top with a score of 0/0/0

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i had a soraka game today where all i did was spam infuse on allies

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Varus has an 8 second cooldown, 215 base + 1.6 AD ratio skill that shoots farther than nidalee spears and pierces. That looks really really fun.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Varus has an 8 second cooldown, 215 base + 1.6 AD ratio skill that shoots farther than nidalee spears and pierces. That looks really really fun.

it's obscene
    and his ult is unbelievable

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    his w makes for some deceptive burst damage as well once it's leveled, they will feel like they are doing more damage to you, and then you detonate it with e and suddenly they start running away, which of course 1-2 autos+q puts a stop to.

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular

it's obscene
    and his ult is unbelievable

its a 1.0 to 1.6 AD ratio - it goes up the longer its charged :)

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Galio, Varus, Morganna, Jarvan and Brand.

Ult Friends Forever.

Nunu, Fiddle and Blitz can be friends too.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Varus feels a little like he's got that really strong ad caster early game but builds into a pretty decent late game AD carry (though not the best) instead of having to shift into a more bruiser roll.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Galio, Varus, Morganna, Jarvan and Brand.

Ult Friends Forever.

Nunu, Fiddle and Blitz can be friends too.

Kennen and Amumu sulk in the corner about your yordleism.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, they're probably better friends than others.

Kennen, Amumu, Morganna, Varus and Galio.

Team Numba One Stunna's.... with Galio.

• Options
    Yordleism is socially acceptable.

• Options
    no, you can't have amumu on team ult-friends because he has no friends.

• Options
    Streaming with Orokos and Miniwolf!

http://www.justin.tv/delphinidaes

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    if you build tiamat does varus put blight on everything

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    if you build tiamat does varus put blight on everything

doubt it, tiamat doesn't apply any on-hits : (

• Options
    oh, ok. for some reason I thought it did

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    i wish it did

because then tiamats would apply tiamat procs

so if you had two tiamats it would be recursive and crash the game as soon as you attacked two things near each other

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Tiavanaaaaaaa

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Saint doing 0/21/9 Shen with points in more energy and ms. Going to try that next time I get him, looks like it gives better energy management.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Tiavanaaaaaaa

Teavana.jpg

• Options
    so was varus changed at all since pax

CD World Tour status:
This discussion has been closed.