As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D'aww [chat]

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Analytic thinking can decrease religious belief, research shows

A new University of British Columbia study finds that analytic thinking can decrease religious belief, even in devout believers.

Go, go UBC!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I want to hug a walrus.

Edit: I just want you guys to know that I barely resisted like three fat jokes in this post.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i don't know what happened but around 6 months ago or so when crab made the full time migration from g&t, kosh started liking him more than me

the past 180 days have gone by as a blur while i plot the best method to kill myself

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I need to bring a red wine to this party. I know nothing about wines. Halp.

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    I know very little about wines, but my suggestion?

Get the red one.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Giving up on Tribes, forever.

i am just awful at it.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    you guys i am haunted by em's cough syrup story

you and me both.

• Options
    I am at a trader joe's, if that helps with recomendations.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Spend $10-15, buy a Cabernet Sauvignon from California.

You'll be fine.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    taco bell taco without sour scream is like... a blowjob where you get your penis bit off

I cannot relate to this metaphor.

I misread this as "I cannot elope to this metaphor."

Which is still technically accurate, I suppose.

I find this metaphor difficult to masturbate to.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    you guys i am haunted by em's cough syrup story

For some reason I feel like I got more out of that than just pity and horror. I mean I know it's super awful but it shows some of the more interesting ways people can be and become broken. Tolstoy once wrote "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way", and I kind of like exploring the second part of that.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Spend $10-15, buy a Cabernet Sauvignon from California.

You'll be fine.

Danke.

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    taco bell taco without sour scream is like... a blowjob where you get your penis bit off

I cannot relate to this metaphor.

I misread this as "I cannot elope to this metaphor."

Which is still technically accurate, I suppose.

I find this metaphor difficult to masturbate to.

cantfap.jpg

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    american wine

american cheese

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I want to hug a walrus.

Edit: I just want you guys to know that I barely resisted like three fat jokes in this post.

mythbusters-jamie-hyneman-bio-324x205.jpg

• Options
    We had Grant Imahara in the office a couple of weeks ago. He came to take photos in front of our TARDIS.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Two weeks ago, Houston's local Metro bus lines started searching passengers' bags before they would allow passengers onto the bus. It would seem Houston caught TSA fever. Videos and pictures were taken by passengers of Metro police stopping people and asking to search their backpacks and bags or else they couldn't ride. This proved to be incredibly unpopular. So much so, not only was the practice halted, Metro denies bag searches were ever part of their policy and it was all a misunderstanding.

lolz

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Mythbusters is absolutely my favorite show.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I don't understand why he's wearing seaweed on his face.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I don't understand why he's wearing seaweed on his face.

It's necessary facial protection when busting myths.

• Options
    mythbusters has too many commercial breaks and everyone is always enthusiastic and it angers me

• Options
    I always say get a malbec when it comes to reds but that is just me

• Options
    Now that the security hole is exposed, I wonder how many bag bombs are going to go off in Houston? Probably none, since apparently terrorists don't seem to understand these sorts of small-scale acts are infinitely more ... terrorizing, in a fundamental way, than big ole brash acts. God help us if they ever digest how paralyzed, utterly crippled the DC area was during the sniper time.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    mythbusters has too many commercial breaks and everyone is always enthusiastic and it angers me

Elendil is getting an early start on the 'cranky old man' stage of life.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    yo soy jacobkosh

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvthc8bD9gYtUgKOM03OstkQsThN2XpFTt3sj2vzFHBZhuq6oXCZpKgfOw

Forward choke?

• Options
    i do not like my ladies enthusiastic

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Kari Byron unf

• Options

kari-byron-mythbusters.jpg

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Now that the security hole is exposed, I wonder how many bag bombs are going to go off in Houston? Probably none, since apparently terrorists don't seem to understand these sorts of small-scale acts are infinitely more ... terrorizing, in a fundamental way, than big ole brash acts. God help us if they ever digest how paralyzed, utterly crippled the DC area was during the sniper time.

Meh. You get used to it. There's less terrorism about these days than there used to be.

I don't think schools even bother with bomb evacuation drills any more.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Kari Byron unf

She is physically very cute but something about her personality puts me off.

• Options
    i guess jamie isn't very enthusiastic

i like that about him

• Options
    I'm pretty sure if I dated Kari, it would be like this

ducks.gif

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I am still pretty pumped about winning that game of 1870 at board game night last night (see page 1 of this thread).

The two people I was playing against were a professional board game designer who is generally hell of better than me at all games and another programmer (mostly Android and iOS) who also usually beats me at train games.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Feral don't act like you wouldn't annihilate that shit

Don't even ACT

• Options
    i guess jamie isn't very enthusiastic

i like that about him

Jamie has the spergs. Of this I am certain.

I have spergdar.

But yeah, I like him. It makes him incredibly straight forward and no-bullshit. There was this one episode where he managed to get really pissed at Adam.

• Options
    Feral don't act like you wouldn't annihilate that shit

Don't even ACT

Only if her vagina spiraled in the same direction as my penis

• Options
    oh man i would totally devastate that bunghole. like it would possibly lead to criminal prosecution. i don't even know her personality. does that make me shallow?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

kari-byron-mythbusters.jpg

why is her terrain so deformable

goodness

• Options
    I would respect Kari Byron's feelings.

If you know what I mean.

This discussion has been closed.