As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• Options
    GinpachiGinpachi Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Is it possible to solo to 60? I'm 38 and coming up to a point in the story where I need to do an instance, and the next storyline looks to also have a bunch of 5 man quests as well. It's kinda hard to find people, and I feel bad asking guildies to help me out :S

On the other hand, with the server merge maybe there'll be more people to quest with...

Also, Child's Play, yay!

Ginpachi on
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    You could solo to 60, but you would have to skip a lot of XP that would come from the story quests leading you through dungeons.

Not recommended.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    jinkumabutajinkumabuta Registered User regular
    Gin, I can run you through any instance below the level 50s. Anything higher, I'll just blackmail some dps into helping.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    The server merge is happenin' today, just a reminder! https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/491/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0Nzk0OTM3MC9zaWQvYU9BZmt4Nmw=

18 levels left until 60. Yay~

Ginpachi on
  • Options
    Get ready for login server fun and name collisions!

Guild on Jagged Coast has been empty since the merger announcement came out. Don't think many of those people will be coming back. Will have to see how server activity looks after the merge, right now it feels like their days are numbered.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    It's up! Didn't even have to change my name :3

Ginpachi on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It expects me to delete one of my character. However, it won't let me do it.

And all my characters who had a name that was duplicated due to the merge had a suffix attached to the name.

Which is probably screwing up the system enough to the cause of why I can't delete one of my characters.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    I have the same problem with a name collision. Just have to wait another 140 hours for the character to go away.

Did you experience the fun of bank slot merging? Everything is copied into temporary bank slots. You have the tabs at the top for one through four and another at the bottom for however many servers worth of bank you had (althouh mine was showing four even though I just had items on two different servers). You have to manually move stuff from the temporary slots to your bag and then open the normal bank tabs and singly place them there.

I had to change two of my names on PVP, zero on PVE. Had to merge banks on PVP.

Had all my UI settings reset but keymapping. Channels were all turned back on, had my eyeballs blistered by global, area and lfg chat for a few seconds.

• Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    I didn't even have anything on another server and it still threw everything into the temporary bank.

4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I had to change several of my names back to how I had them pre-merge, but I guess I beat the other guys with the names because I didn't lose them.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    That was actually pretty smooth for the scope of everything that just happened.
    I'm happy I didn't have to spend an hour redoing all my keybinds and that temporary bank is actually kinda nice forcing me to clean up my tabs and keeping some old crap I don't intend to take out in the near future...

Also, my prediction of massive instance lag didn't turn out. the only thing I'm afraid of now is the massive fps singularity of a nexus later today...
    I sure hope my computer survives.

8/10 so far. Would patch again.

On a different note, has anyone here attempted queen in manaya core?
    If so, how the heck do you deal with the post 35% attack self buff?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    So I'm having a bit of a financial issue and I have to cancel my TERA sub :( I'll be back in a few months though.

Please don't kick me out of the guild ;_; I'll return and praise errday!

EDIT: Thank you based MyDcmbr. Seriously. <3

Ginpachi on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Ginpachi wrote: »
    So I'm having a bit of a financial issue and I have to cancel my TERA sub :( I'll be back in a few months though.

Please don't kick me out of the guild ;_; I'll return and praise errday!

I have a chronoscroll for you. Next time you log in send me a message on Lyndon.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    New patch today. Crafting orders are back on the guild board so it might be easier to reach max crafting. Nexus at all different times daily, plus nexus quest gold earning halved.

grouch993 on
  • Options
    MaywindMaywind Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The guild is as active as ever. It's too bad this thread doesn't reflect that. Come join us in game!

Gin, you're so quiet in gchat. Let me know if you ever need help with anything. :)

Maywind on
    Steam: Maywind
    Tera: Cutie, Cutiepie on Tempest Reach
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    How's this game holding up? I've always loved its visuals. It looks amazing, and the combat looks very awesome and fresh. But the monthly fee is a deterrent :C I don't think MMOs will be a thing for me until I'm done with pharmacy school. I wonder what active subscriptions look like from one MMO to the next.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Once you hit level 56-60, you can easily sustain your subscription by purchasing chronoscrolls (which grant you 30-day game time) using in-game gold via the trade broker. So technically, you can play for free.

Maywind on
  • Options
    What? o___ o That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

• Options
    It's crazy awesome. I'm 52 and I've already gotten two scrolls, one gifted to me by MyDcmbr, so I have gametime until December!

(I'm still paying you back when I hit 60 MyDcmbr don't break my knees)

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    TheBog wrote: »
    What? o___ o That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

It's not ridiculous, EVE Online does it. For dedicated players with tons of gold, it's basically a reward to keep the game alive.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    It's crazy awesome. I'm 52 and I've already gotten two scrolls, one gifted to me by MyDcmbr, so I have gametime until December!

(I'm still paying you back when I hit 60 MyDcmbr don't break my knees)

LOL

I am not too concerned about it. I haven't actually logged in for a week myself. Just needed some time away from the guild drama.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Maywind wrote: »
    Once you hit level 56-60, you can easily sustain your subscription by purchasing chronoscrolls (which grant you 30-day game time) using in-game gold via the trade broker. So technically, you can play for free.

This is... intriguing.

How hard is it to earn enough gold for a scroll?

• Options
    PooshlmerPooshlmer Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Maywind wrote: »

This is... intriguing.

How hard is it to earn enough gold for a scroll?

Around 1 hour for a top tier character, 3-4 for a starting 60. About 1500 gold last I checked.

I have no idea who is buying the scrolls and putting them up on the auction house, as it doesn't seem worth it at all.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    And approximately how many hours of gameplay to get to 60?

• Options
    It varies depending on how much time you put into leveling. I hear anywhere from 1 week - 4 weeks. I dinged level 60 in around 4 weeks because I was playing pretty casually. Keep in mind that the initial game purchase grants you free 30-day game play already. If you reach level 60 in 4 weeks or less, you can immediately take advantage of the chronoscrolls which essentially makes Tera "free".

Here's the official game guide on chronoscrolls: http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/chronoscrolls

• Options
    I had about 105 hours of play to reach 60 for one character and quite a bit more for another. Those are mostly soloing for both.

The answer will depend on which character class you select, how well you group your quests, whether you are taking breaks and using rest XP, and whether you are soloing or in a group.

Mystic, Lancer, and Priest take a little longer than the other classes.

• Options
    Unless something drastic happens in the next 12 hours (doubt it), WANG will become the vanarch of Val Tirkai in the first election round of the new combined PVE server. It's quite an accomplishment for us since we are one of the very few guilds in the election without an alliance backing them up. Yay WANG!

• Options
    This chronoscroll thing should be better advertised. I imagine it would be a huge draw for people, myself included. You'll undoubtedly find the time to play a game for several hours a MONTH. And apparently that makes it free! Sweet!

• Options
    http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/08/tera-free-to-play-server-now-permanent/

Is this thing also legitimate? You don't need a subscription if you just play on this free server? Level cap is just a couple levels under max? Double xp, bonus gold, and then a free transfer to a paid server where you can immediately start farming chronoscrolls?

• Options
    edited October 2012
    http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/08/tera-free-to-play-server-now-permanent/

Is this thing also legitimate? You don't need a subscription if you just play on this free server? Level cap is just a couple levels under max? Double xp, bonus gold, and then a free transfer to a paid server where you can immediately start farming chronoscrolls?

Yes, it's legitimate. It's for Korean Tera though, not our version of Tera. And I'm also not sure Korean Tera even has chronoscrolls.

Maywind on
  • Options
    Since the merger, what server are you guys on?

• Options
    Since the merger, what server are you guys on?

Tempest Reach.

• Options
    Thank you. Level 12 popori slayer 'ere. Can't chat in the trial version, I guess. But that doesn't stop me from casually observing from the sidelines and picking up nuggets of gold here and there: "I'll vote for whatever candidate plays an Elin."

elinromney.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Dear god, lol! And welcome to the game! Come join WANG when you're ready. :D

Maywind on
  • Options
    Woo! Queen down.
    Not a single fire weapon in group which hasn't been done a lot before I believe.

Do it feel good? more like I just won a war and my whole country/army/family are all dead or cripples.

8bIkd.jpg

• Options
    Congrats again, Papa Fruits! Epic victory~

• Options
    Happily soloing my way through junk when I get a quest to kill this basilisk fella. The area's teeming with em. Alright. Same ol' same ol'. OHSHIT! I hit him and it takes like 1% off? The hell is this suppose to be!? Though I think that if I can play really careful and poke and prod at him and dodge attacks I can slowly wear him down solo. Haha... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

• Options
    Ah, I believe those are BAM's(Big Ass Monsters)! You're supposed to make a group of 5 people around your level and take 'em on together, or ask a bored guildie to help you out :v

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Ah, I believe those are BAM's(Big Ass Monsters)! You're supposed to make a group of 5 people around your level and take 'em on together, or ask a bored guildie to help you out take them out without the extra help you're supposed to have from people and feel like a badass :v

Fixed. Now that's more like it. Anyway, that said, doing BAMs with other people is awesome and you should totally do that (especially since it goes faster). But you can indeed solo them if you're ambitious enough. (On a Lancer/Mystic it would take a verrrry long time though, especially at high levels.)

This discussion has been closed.