Options

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Man, work has been crazy busy and I don't think I've logged on in several weeks. This weekend, though... I swear I'll find some time to play (probably will have to re-learn how to play all my characters, it's been so long). I'm assuming the game is still as enjoyable as it ever was?

Kass on
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    +4 T13 gloves and bow now. Since I'm usually hanging around 1k gold it may take me a little longer to get them to +6 than I like. Still @+7 on my pvp t12 set :(

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Masterworked those items?

I have spent five scrolls each on my tier 13 chest and weapon, both failures. Weapon is +4 and chest is +3.

My tier 12 set is +9 all around.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    Not bothering with MW this close to T14 release. The bow is now +6 though (Arcing death) and the gloves are +4, going to focus on them now. my pve set aside from the bow is all +9sleeper which is fancy. I have enough fodder to realistically +9 my T12 pvp set now +6 +7 +7 +8 but the thought of spending all that cash on alkahest make me want to vomit a little.

My crits average 300-600k so that fun :)

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    Man I wish heals could crit, and maybe even crits for cleansing can heal.

• Options
    I would sign up for those changes. Right now my mystic is hauled out for dailies or if we can't convince any other healer to attend a dungeon run.

Having too much fun on the warrior compared to the frustration on the mystic.

Started working on my berserker again after the changes. He is up to level 20 now. Was jumped by two level 19 warriors last night and was able to survive for a bit by back pedaling, flattening them and then blocking, but I couldn't keep at least one from getting to my back and died. One of them found me alone while I had pulled a big group of mobs to whirlwind down. I flattened him, charged the one strike and killed him. Then proceeded to dance on his corpse and say "Not as easy when it isn't 2v1?". The timing changes aren't huge, but the class doesn't feel quite as slow and clunky as it did before.

• Options
    I crit my highest yet last night 900k! Few more tweaks and ill be in the 7digit club

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    PooshlmerPooshlmer Registered User regular
    Certain bosses are better than others. Try going all out on the red kuma in BT or lancer boss in Fane. I've seen crits which don't give up aggro until the THIRD taunt.

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hey all, Faboo here! So for anybody who might have missed it, we officers have decided we're going to start a new tradition of awarding the title of Guild Member(s) of the Month! We got most people who were online to gather in Zulfikar Fortress, headquarters of our shiny new Vanarchy in Helkan District, for the crowning of our inaugural Members of the Month. Screenshots have already been posted on the WANG guild site! Each highlighted member has received a unique guild rank for the duration of one month. Please give a warm round of applause to:

Ronak, winner of the title "Freshest WANG" for being a cool and helpful new member!
    Kinnishiwa, winner of the title "BAM Slammer" for running all over the place helping fellow guildies find and kill BAMs!

(Yes, we spent a significant amount of time in our meeting determining these very important titles. :P)
    We decided these initial winners and titles among our officers to kick things off, but in the future, we're planning to have all members be able to nominate and vote for potential Members of the Month via our guild website. So! If you guys haven't registered for the WANG official website on Guild Launch, please go do so right now, because all details regarding those awards, as well as details about any future fun events/contests/etc., will be posted there. We do all sorts of good stuff there too, like polls and screenshots and whatnot. Plus we tend to post anything we want people to know about in advance on there, since we now have members from places other than PA (but are all still cool people). We really want the guild website to be active to encourage everybody to stay active in-game as well. So go join! And maybe post something! Do it now!

Essee on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Grats on the vanarchy fellas :)
    now rule it with an iron fist

PS lemme know if there's something that needs to be added to the OP for general information's sake. I'm not subbed in at the moment but I still want to help out our home team so to speak.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    double post

Beezel on
  • Options
    For OP give Trigs all your stuff :x

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    You get NOTHING!
    Good day, sir!

(I'm resubbing the end of this month so I need that stuff when I get back :( )

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    One thing you should change in the OP, at least, is removing that Ventrilo info at the top that is preeeetty heavily outdated. I just made a post on our guild forums for an easy guide to getting on RaidCall with us (that's what we're using now, rather than Vent-- and definitely rather than one of the generic PA Vents since we had our own Vent for a while, I seem to recall). Here's that post if you wanna link to it or get info out of it.

• Options
    Essee wrote: »
    One thing you should change in the OP, at least, is removing that Ventrilo info at the top that is preeeetty heavily outdated. I just made a post on our guild forums for an easy guide to getting on RaidCall with us (that's what we're using now, rather than Vent-- and definitely rather than one of the generic PA Vents since we had our own Vent for a while, I seem to recall). Here's that post if you wanna link to it or get info out of it.

Gotcha, I'll take a gander when I get home this morning.

• Options
    Apparently Scapes was laid off at EME over the last couple of days. Dude's been there since news of the game broke, sad to hear.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Apparently Scapes was laid off at EME over the last couple of days. Dude's been there since news of the game broke, sad to hear.

He even posted here a couple of time, back in the day. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I agree. It would make sense as even we have a crit chance, and it doesnt really help if I crit the boss for 9k....

@Beezel we miss you in-game... :( come back to us!!!!!!!

I won't be on this Fri/Sat as it is my Birthday on the 15th and will be driving home to see my family. Trigger and Hakubi will take care of the Deathmatches on Friday. I should be back by Sunday.

MASeffect on
    lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    MASeffect wrote: »
    I agree. It would make sense as even we have a crit chance, and it doesnt really help if I crit the boss for 9k....

@Beezel we miss you in-game... :( come back to us!!!!!!!

I won't be on this Fri/Sat as it is my Birthday on the 15th and will be driving home to see my family. Trigger and Hakubi will take care of the Deathmatches on Friday. I should be back by Sunday.

Resubbing when the patch comes out!

• Options
    you know what? Screw it. I'll resub tomorrow. Miss you jerks too much.

• Options
    Wooo tiny.tank is 52 almost! Can't wait to tank fane :)

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Yay battle grounds on the 22nd!!! Also tank@53 :D

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm, have to relearn my warrior on the 22nd then. My mystic is nearly permanently parked with its tier 13 nexus gear just sitting there mocking me.

• Options
    jinkumabutajinkumabuta Registered User regular
    With or without nexus gear, a mystic is such an amazing pvp asset that you really should give it a chance in BGs.
    Some ktera players tell me that it takes give or take a week and a half of casual pvping to get your good pvp gear and that's with the BG schedule they get in ktera. In NA, BGs will be open 24/7.

• Options
    Tired of running around without mana while my co-pvpers bitch about me not dropping enough mana balls for them. If I try to explain the terrible mana recovery mystics have, they go blurry eyed.

Between that and PUG dungeons, my mystic is parked except for occasional runs with friends I trust.

• Options
    I'm not gonna pretend to know what you've been through but it sounds to me like your problem isn't really with your mystic but rather with an acute case of overachieving or maybe a case of poor co-pvpers.

Most healers in pvp situations aren't expected to be fulfilling any pve oriented support tasks that isn't related to keeping people alive and un-cc'd; they have enough on their plates with having to manage their own cooldowns to kite melee, babysitting their goons' blue bars and looking out for opposing cc opportunities to go for kill timings. Hell, if you have the 5 seconds where you aren't fighting for your life or the lives of your team, either the fight's already decided or you probably should be taking care of your own mana pool.

Between a fine salivating, a fine grieving and all the class specific tricks to get mana back, if a dps class needs mana motes to be functional in a pvp setting, they either need to be not beating on the proverbial heavy with a medic behind him, or they need to learn to manage their mana better than AmagatsCooldownIsUpIPressTheAttackButtonsNao. Instead, they should be setting you up with opportunies to use root/slow/sleep/stun/fear on enemy healers to focus fire people down.
    Believe me, when the BGs come around, your mystic will be first pick in any pvp group who knows what they're doing. Hell I've been trying to come up with the motivation to level one to 60...

• Options
    Yay 2 more levels till I cap lancer! Got my T13 set waiting in my bank too :D

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats Greg, the last two levels are pretty easy if you get out of Lorcada and go do the later content. Val Tirkai, Hmumble, Argonea/Granarkus and Balders Refuge.

Jink, if you are going to level a mystic get yourself a partner or leveling team and it will be fun. Solo will be very slow.

• Options
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

terascreenshot201208170.png

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    kinda sucks this thread is dead... WANG is more than alive and kicking... We have more logged in nightly than BMC/WANG had in months! Lots of amazing folks to play with! =D
    Very happy about the merger!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Not dead just kinda slow news X) I think most of the folks use the guild forums/chat to discuss most ingame business anyway. I'll be updating the OP with most of the need-to-knows when the patch drops this week.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm on vacation atm, Raidcall is where everyone is at most of the time.
    Edit: I come back the day of patch... I'll be in PVP like... constantly

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    We had three guilds go up against one very geared guild last night for some loosely organized pvp. Between the three we have about 40 people to the other sides 50. They stomped us in under a minute every battle we had. We managed to kill about ten of them each time.

My tier 13 nexus gear didn't help much.

• Options
    PVP is teh dumb.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    grouch993 wrote: »
    We had three guilds go up against one very geared guild last night for some loosely organized pvp. Between the three we have about 40 people to the other sides 50. They stomped us in under a minute every battle we had. We managed to kill about ten of them each time.

My tier 13 nexus gear didn't help much.

thats a major issue swtor had.... Pvp gear unbalancing stuff too much. Because tera promotes itself as skill based hopefully they change it up.a little.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Right now nexus gear is hybrid. One or two pvp stats and the rest are pve. Supposedly the battle grounds will lead into true pvp gear. That will of course unbalance world pvp, if someone is questing they won't be wearing pvp gear and will most likely get stomped.

• Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    you know what? Screw it. I'll resub tomorrow. Miss you jerks too much.

You resubbed... but arent online.

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Nexus gear is still nice to have.
    Up to 52% knockdown and stun resist and up to 36% damage reduction before zyrks (another 16% although that's might be changed this patch) is still much much better than going in there with gear rolled with pve stats. I have a pve set at +9 and a nexus set at +5ish and it's the difference between wanting 2 melee to beat on me for free mana from grieving crux and getting crushed like a juice box on the highway.
    Also, the nexus weapons can also be rolled with double attack speed which pure pvp weapons can't get so it's still a good investment for the many weeks, possibly months it takes to grind iron badge gear out and enchant it.

On the side, anyone checked the patch notes?
    There's so much silly stuff on there. They're taking away guild potions, nerfing the crap out of health zyrks, making masterwork scrolls dirt cheap with the 10min CD on et/kn normal, adding T14 loot table to current hard modes and giving priests an additional 43% pvp reduction in BGs, meaning I'll have up to 92% pvp damage reduction on wednesday if they don't nerf the grieving zyrks too much...

Incoming full teams of healers everywhere taking 8% damage, healing one another and CCing the entire enemy team to 3 cap their way to victory!

Edit: I'm told that all the gear with 10% pvp damage reduction is being changed to a pvp defense bonus. My dreams of being a holy punching bag has been crushed. =(

jinkumabuta on
  • Options
    All items level 58 and below are now eligible as remodel templates.

WOOHOO!!!

Steam
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    All items level 58 and below are now eligible as remodel templates.

WOOHOO!!!

About time! That's an awesome change.

This discussion has been closed.