As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLPFiM: Season 3 November 10th

196979899100102»

• Options
    LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular
    I actually know the guy who drew that on a different forum, and after being initially devastated by the fact that people didn't like his designs, he's moved on and is redesigning things and fixing the man-faces. There's no need to dogpile on an old picture.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    :ar!

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    My God, it's full of ponies.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Mmmm, gonna be a fun day commuting to work tomorrow with that video.

I.....I need a gif of Tara flailing around Twilight plushie.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    WarponyWarpony Too small. The MoonRegistered User regular
    Well, there has been these guys working on a pony fighting game for years, not sure if they ever going to finish it or just forgot about it completely

http://youtu.be/2uYnBcwd4Os

Speaking of fighting ponies

scootacammypost.jpg

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Warpony wrote: »
    Well, there has been these guys working on a pony fighting game for years, not sure if they ever going to finish it or just forgot about it completely

Their latest update was last week:
    Secondly, we'd like to say sorry about the lack of proper updatination recently. Between Real Life, hurricanes (Not named Fluttershy), and other work coming in, we've hardly had any free time, and what little we had, we've been trying to put into development.
    Project's not dead (Far from it), and there's been absolutely zero talks or even thoughts of cancelling it. We're still working, we're still developing, and we're getting closer to our initial live release.

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Mane6.com imples they expect to finish it in 2013 but don't have any date solid enough to mention. 4 / 6 launch characters are animation complete but still need mechanics work; 2/6 are incomplete. It's a shame the move lists are of the "quarter circle" type, I've never really liked that sort of move scheme.

• Options
    How else would the move commands be?

• Options
    N750D.jpg

• Options
    Thats not that bad. Its moves like Zangiefs full circles that mess me up.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Ooh, Egoraptor was on HotDiggedyDemon's Equestria L.A. panel.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    A circle's less bad than a pretzel? Especially since Zangief's only requires a 270.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I was thinking more along the lines of Soul Calibur or Smash Brothers; single direction plus button, maybe double tap a direction/button. I don't really like it when inputting the command correctly is part of the challenge, it just feels clunky to me.

InfamyDeferred on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Charge moves are what kills me. Sometimes it can be done in that 2 second timing as its supposed to do, then it doesn't do it at all especially if you are in a tight spot and some crazy character with horribly fast speed and jumping like a monkey tries to corner you. To be honest I barely have ever been able to pull anything like Zangief's cyclone pile driver unless I keep on constantly jumping and moving the joystick/analog/pad in circles. But in a keyboard that is not an option that can be done easily at all.

And you know...I never knew how the hell anyone ever could pull off Geese's special at all.

Wait did that guy typed updatination? Regardless I hope they are OK after that hurricane and well, hopefully that game will be finished soon.

Warpony on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    The secret to charge and full circle moves is buffering. For instance, you can start holding Down for Guile's Flash Kick while in the middle of a move you already started. Or look at Zangief Green Hand Spam in SF4; you can pull off the 360 (270, really) while the green hand animation is still playing out. No jumping.

</offtopic>

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Can I just say that I always fucking hated games that required you to memorize directional/button combos in order to do cool moves?

I hated that crap.

Button mashing forever.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Can I just say that I always fucking hated games that required you to memorize directional/button combos in order to do cool moves?

I hated that crap.

Button mashing forever.

Oh hey look a fellow Eddy Gordo player.

I once beat Tekken 3 with Eddy with my back turned to the screen.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    don_t_forget_to_vote__by_pixelkitties-d5k8fu9.png

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I take it we're trying to wait till Saturday to start the new thread?

Also what's everyone's take on Disney possibly owning this series down the line?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'm agin' it.
    Hasbro is a solid company that makes good products and is (relatively) permissive with fanworks. You don't see people selling their own mickey mouse plushies on etsy.
    also, I really don't like the idea of disney controlling WotC.

yeah, disney has done great things with marvel and the muppets, and I expect good things with star wars. those are singular (& mostly defunct) properties, not the huge stable of hasbro holdings.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Well they do own Gravity Falls, and Gravity Falls very much owns...

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I don't actually think that they'd start cracking down, iron-fisted dictator-style, on all the fan activity right out of the gate. Even the execs at Disney would realise that would hurt the transition more than help.

I expect they'd hold a similar stance as Hasbro already does to fan activity, at least for the first little while.

Not all that enthused about the whole thing, myself, though.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I do feel like Disney would look at the current writing / animation team and wonder if they could do it in-house for cheaper, which would result in the show being different, which would probably result in it being less good. Disney also tends to end its shows at the syndication line, so I'm not sure they'd care to bankroll a season 4. Probably would do a bunch of straight-to-dvd stuff though.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I think straight-to-DVD stuff is the best way to keep the franchise going down the road.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I've never had a problem with a show ending while still good and popular. You don't have to look at it like The Simpsons, and go "well seasons 3-9 are some of the best things ever put on television but it really takes a dive for the next fifteen seasons". If it ended after Season 3 and had a fantastic last episode that would be enough. They just need to release blu-ray season sets.

• Options
    LavokLavok Registered User regular
    If Disney bought Hasbro you can pretty much say goodbye to the fandom.

Still, this is just a rumor, so hopefully this won't happen anytime soon.

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not terribly enthused over Disney considering the idea of buying everything. I like seeing what the fandom churns out and I want to see the artist side of custom works keep growing.

Supposedly if the rumor is true, it won't happen in the near future, but I hope it just doesn't happen at all.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Lavok wrote: »
    If Disney bought Hasbro you can pretty much say goodbye to the fandom.

Still, this is just a rumor, so hopefully this won't happen anytime soon.

If Disney bought Hasbro, like, tomorrow, it would be years before they consolidated actual physical assets. And even if/when they did, nothing else would happen of significance. People are talking about Disney buying Hasbro like it would mean Disney animation people start drawing Pony cartoons come Monday or something. It doesn't really work that way. Disney also owns the ABC network; it doesn't mean all their people start working on ABC sitcoms. Disney bought Marvel over three years ago... have you truly noticed anything major? There were a few months of jokes about Mickey Mouse fighting with Thor or whatever and then everyone just realized a company bought another company to make more money by owning it. That's it.

Hasbro itself is one of the largest merchandise production companies on the planet with hundreds of offices across the globe; those don't just put on Mouse Ears and start toeing the Disney line in a day. I mean, hell, I work for a company that used to be owned by AT&T; AT&T sold my company to another company... in October of last year. I am still working in an AT&T building in Atlanta because after 14 months they have still not fully facilitated moving employees to a new building not owned by the previous owner of the company.

Disney buying Hasbro would mean they take control of the MLP license and all future projects. In reality, MLP:FIM would have ended production long before any major logistical changes would have occurred to affect production anyway.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    See, that's not what I'm worried about. I'm talking about the fan content, Disney are basically nazis when it comes to copyright and you better believe they'd come down hard on fan content.

I'll be the first to admit that I can be paranoid as hell, but given Disney's track record, I don't think my paranoia is completely unfounded.

Lavok on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    agoaj wrote: »
    don_t_forget_to_vote__by_pixelkitties-d5k8fu9.png

Shut up and take my Vote.

And if Disney does indeed get Hasbro, Hasbro will be the one winning.

Warpony on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    How else would the move commands be?

Could be worse.

Teishitsu Dantai : K+G (Release G after 1 frame)
    The G button has to be tapped for only 1 frame. That's 1/60 of a second.

There's videos and large sections of guides on just this move, as it is required for almost all combos with this character.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    It appears that Disney buying Hasbro may be a bit far-fetched afterall:

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=6dd4cbb8-d936-444a-8f2b-6869a1e26688

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Step aside Slice of Life, new best pony Tumblr is this.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Oh my stars and garters

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.