Options

A [PHALLA] to Restore Sanity and/or Fear GAME OVER! EC WIN!

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    !Signing up?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    If you end up waiting for people to start, I will move to a full signup.

I'm just in reserve because I want the D&D people to actually be able to play if there's demand.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Bum has asked me for my presence.

And considering that I just started a new job, i'm resisting.

But....

so many friendly names that I see.

Do I actually have to make a video or write an article or whatever? Or is that just posting?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    That's just posting.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    If you end up waiting for people to start, I will move to a full signup.

I'm just in reserve because I want the D&D people to actually be able to play if there's demand.

Promoted! I'm hoping to get this show on the road so that Day 1 can start before 1 AM tonight.

• Options
    baronfelbaronfel Would you say I have a _plethora_?Registered User regular
    Thanks for the replies re: proboards, folks :D

We're so close, I'm so excited!

I hope I get someone I personally loathe.

• Options
    baronfel wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies re: proboards, folks :D

We're so close, I'm so excited!

I hope I get someone I personally loathe.

It's pretty likely.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    alright fine.

Signup

On the condition that if others (not usual) phalla players do sign up, I get moved into reserves in favor of those who do not usually play.

• Options
    You're the third of those. Thread's been up for a couple days so I don't think there's a ton of them left.

• Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    Okay, I'll bite.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'll take the last spot since no one else has

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    And with that, we're full. PMs will start going out now. ahava's, MrTlicious's, and kime's will go out last. If anyone signs up before I get to them, they'll get the spot and ahava/MrT/kime will go to the reserves. In that order.

Please don't start voting, requesting clarifications, or sending me actions until all the PMs are out and I have posted a Day 0 narration. Thanks!

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    I'll take the last spot since no one else has

zomg

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh. Oh Jesus it's starting.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    General clarification: unless something is very specifically mentioned to be done in the thread, any description of it (like write a diatribe, discover a scandal, misleadingly edit a video) is fluff and it probably means "PM the host." If you're still not sure, PM me for clarification for your specific case.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Day 0 - Edward R Murrow, Live From the Pearly Gates

This is Edward Murrow, live from Heaven. I was doing some investigative reporting into God's affairs and got a little too close for His comfort. As a punishment, I've been forced to return to my war coverage roots. And because God has a robust sense of irony, he deemed it appropriate I cover a battle among the incompetent heirs to my legacy. Even better, a damned witch hunt.

Alas, it's the story I'm covering so I'm going to do the best job possible. To the best of my understanding, a satirical news broadcast that a large number of people have mistaken for the real thing, or at least as a better example of journalists than most "actual" journalists has elevated their attempts to shame the conventional media after CNN aired nine different pieces in two weeks about how one of their comedian correspondants, Olivia Munn, was really just on The Daily Show trying to get famous so she could sleep with Hollywood actors. She resigned rather than allow the stories to continue, and Jon Stewart was livid with the treatment she had received.

He ensured that he and his colleagues would begin infiltrating the conventional media in order to bring it down from within and create a more responsible brand of media, modeled after... well, me.

Needless to say, there was fierce resistance, and the conventional media unleashed a flurry of news reports, doctored videos, edited images, misleading quotes, shoddily research opinion columns, and raging blog posts to figure out who among them were Daily Show agents.

Apparently, people never learn. Ah well...

Good night, and good luck.

Day 1 has begun! It will end at 1 AM Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Questions about PMs go in PMs, general questions go here.

Day 1 has special activity rules. If you don't participate with at least a vote Edward R. Murrow will smite your ass with no warning. At the very least, PM me to explain what's up.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I freaked out when I saw Edward.

Then I stopped caring because it wasn't me. Let's do this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    OH EM GEE

I'm really busy at my big important media job so I don't think I can follow the EXPLOSION of speculation that will follow on this giant news aggregator that we're all participating in, but when I do get a chance to give a shit about the issues, I promise to be as fair as I can with partial information commensurate with the predetermined outcome of my ideological biases!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    I think someone asked earlier, so I'll repeat:
    Trust is a valuable commodity in Phalla. If you want to add someone to a conversation, you must start a new conversation. THE HOST MUST SEE ALL PMs. PMs for the PM God!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Dear americans. It is a dark and shady time for our great republic. The feral hoards from Hollywood threaten our way of life with their disrespectful attitude and crass humor. We here at kagera report will try to uncover the hidden moles trying to sow discord and decay but until we do pointing blind fingers will have to do! With that said we suspect !baronfelof being Part of this centralized comedy ring of ne'er do wells.
    Random number generated and all

Kagera on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Did Glen Beck Rent and murder a girl in 1990?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kneejerk reactions like that are just what we'd expect from someone who only goes for the low hanging comedy fruit, Kagera. So quick to judge. I guess that's what happens when you only have 6 hours to write and film fart jokes about the SERIOUS ISSUES, Kagera. Or should I say

AASIF MANDVI

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Kneejerk reactions like that are just what we'd expect from someone who only goes for the low hanging comedy fruit, Kagera. So quick to judge. I guess that's what happens when you only have 6 hours to write and film fart jokes about the SERIOUS ISSUES, Kagera. Or should I say

AASIF MANDVI

Is hakkes tryin to make me into a Muslim for her inappropriate fantasies?

I'm just asking questions here!

Kagera on
  • Options
    Kagera wrote: »

AASIF MANDVI

Is hakkes tryin to make me into a Muslim for her inappropriate fantasies?

I'm just asking questions here!

Is Kagera asking questions to avoid answering the tough questions from the actual journalists who are questioning him?

Find out at 11!

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

AASIF MANDVI

After stopping in at a Houston 7-11, witnesses say that a drunken Spoit first filled a large Big Gulp cup with not one, but three flavors of slurpee iced beverage, and then proceeded to tell the store clerks to "Go back to Indostan", before urinating and then fleeing the scene.

That's why !Spoit is today's WORST... PERSON... IN THE WOOOOORRRRrrrRRRrrrRRRRLLLLLD!

• Options
    Aha! No one watches Current except for minions of the Daily Show, !Houn!

• Options
    What's Current?

• Options
    Don't try to beg ignorance now Houn

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Now I'm hearing a lot of talk from pundits on both sides of the issues. They're saying the people aren't satisfied. They want action, and damn thinking about things rationally first!

The people demand the blood of the !Deebaser.

• Options
    baronfelbaronfel Would you say I have a _plethora_?Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Houn.

That word looks suspiciously like....hound.

The hound, once a noble animal, is also now known as the dog. And like a dog, Houn blithely steps forward into this melee, this mélange of mental might with naught in the way of brainpower. Can we really blame him, though? He's only doing what he's told.

And that's why !Houn must go. Because America needs thinkers, not grovelers.

Also because repeated letters make me twitch. Like those right there. Immediately to my left. Damnit, I did it again!

(OT: man I forgot my avatar was that dog. That makes this post deliciously self-referential.)

baronfel on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Hakkekage? Is that the leader of the village who hides in loogeys?

• Options
    *Wikipedia*

Oh, shit, ha ha ha! I had no idea Olbermann got a job somewhere else after MSNBC. That's legitimately funny.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    *Wikipedia*

Oh, shit, ha ha ha! I had no idea Olbermann got a job somewhere else after MSNBC. That's legitimately funny.

ahaha yeah and then he got fired AGAIN

it's a pretty ugly downward spiral but you know how it is in the media, one day you're in one day you're out ADMIT IT

• Options
    LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    In my experienced, perfect, completely without bias opinion, !Retaba is a total pinhead.

RNG goes in, RNG comes out. YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN IT.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Look, everyone. Let's keep level heads here. Stop the yapping of the media elite and listen to the voices of the people.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    I would scoff at your hippie crowdsourcing Occupy My Ass campaign, Loser, but the title is in the name m i rite

Also, I have an early morning appearance on the Good Big Blonde Titties America show so I must turn in for the night

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Look, everyone. Let's keep level heads here. Stop the yapping of the media elite and listen to the voices of the people.
    anderson-cooper-04.jpg

That's an interesting point, do you think that you are the voice of the people?

Sounds a lot like something Mr. Stewart would say.

!LoserForHireX

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I'm still going to vote for Savant.

No backpedaling or flip-flopping here!

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    !Kagera still has got a shifty look to him.

Also he's first in the list.

• Options
    Spoit

He knows...