As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Washington DC, July 17th-21st

Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Social Entropy++
I know this is excruciatingly last minute, but I am going to be in Washington DC for the days mentioned in the thread title. Some pretty fantastic members of this forum live in the DC area, and if you're willing to meet me, I am willing to meet you! Lets grab a drink, or just a lunch, or one of those "drinking lunches" where you down mojitos and nachos and stumble into traffic. All of the above!

I will be flying out in a couple of hours. Post in this thread and I will send you my cell phone number and we can coordinate once I touch down in your alien timezone sometime in the AM tomorrow, flight leaves Seattle (SEATAC) at midnight.

PS: I kinda really want to visit this place when I am in DC. http://www.doaks.org/museum/ I am going to (history) Nerd The Fuck Out.

Volucrisus Aedrius on

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    I'm free the 18th. It'd be nice to do something since our last meetup happened during the apocalypse

umm... who do I remember who lives here

@Sassori @Fencingsax @Peccavi @OminousLozenge @DrZiplock @miscellaneousinsanity

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I'm down south currently and I'm getting back into town on saturday morning, dunno how long you'll be around on the 21st
    also @Kwoaru @lostwords

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    You seriously picked the week that I am in nashville for a conference :(

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    hey, Callius is in that area now

you should holler at him

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Woah what callius is in dc???

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I live within an hour of DC, sounds like a good time.

Literally been to every museum, including that one, five times already. Ir's a good city for them.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    no callius is in baltimore I think and on his way to jersey

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    oh hey I could maybe do something on friday evening

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    This is from a scammer.
    Everyone knows Volyu doesn't exist.

He vanished from the world several years ago.
    None but the Janissaries know where to find him.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    oh hey I could maybe do something on friday evening

oh, I am indeed free on Friday as well as Wednesday.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hey wait shit what something tomorrow?

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I'm in the area. Work schedule is kinda askew but maybe?

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Funny story about Volyu. He actually saved my Secret Santa present that he was trying to send to me for like a year but couldn't because I am constantly running from the law, and the first time I met him he had it on him. It had the directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven in it, which is the fucking best and I have since watched like 1000 times.

So basically he is like a genie but cooler.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I was there when that happened!

Volyu is a certifiably Cool Dude. I wish I lived closer to him so we could hang out for more than once every few years.

One of these days Rachel and I will fly to Washington and visit folks up there.

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    I wasn't actually running from the law. It was more like the KGB, but waaay more dangerous.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Animal Control?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I'm around a bit this weekend. Have an event on Saturday, but I'm not sure how long it'll run.

My desire to trek into DC when it's 100+ degrees out isn't terribly huge, however.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm seeing Batman at the Museum of Natural History IMAX on the 20th.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I'd be down for hangouts sometime after work on wed or thurs. uncertain about Friday. But yeah, walking in the heat is the pits, maybe stick close to the metro? How bout pizzeria paradiso near DuPont circle? Great pizzas and huge beer selection

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I'm free the 18th. It'd be nice to do something since our last meetup happened during the apocalypse

umm... who do I remember who lives here

@Sassori @Fencingsax @Peccavi @OminousLozenge @DrZiplock @miscellaneousinsanity

I am also in DC!

Well technically Rockville but close enough!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Ah, cool. There are so many people from around here, we should do more meetups

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Damn, this isn't a good week for me. Friday night might open up, depending on how the rest of the week goes at work. I *might* be able to leave early, but I don't wanna jinx it. But if you do decide to wander around DC, Friday should be the best, notwithstanding a bit of rain here and there. It's supposed to be down to the mid-80s.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Yes. Yes we should. But Nooooooooooo.

• Options
    NormanPrideNormanPride Registered User regular
    I'm from Tulsa but in DC for the next couple weeks on business, so this is an incredible coincidence! I don't really have a way to get around but if I can find some way to meet up then I will try to make it. I'm staying in Georgetown/Rosslyn.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Nobody wants to take charge of them, and we can't let @godmode plan these anymore because he is cursed i guess?

also @Volucrisus Aedrius I am getting out of work early on friday (early for me is 5pm) so friday became even more convenient (for me)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I should be able to do something Wednesday or Thursday evening.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Nobody wants to take charge of them, and we can't let @godmode plan these anymore because he is cursed i guess?

also @Volucrisus Aedrius I am getting out of work early on friday (early for me is 5pm) so friday became even more convenient (for me)

I also don't actually live there, so...

• Options
    I'm not sure what that really has to do with anything!

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    the_caduceusthe_caduceus Registered User regular
    On a strange off chance, I logged in this AM and browsed the forums when I woke up.

I saw this thread.

How did I not know about this?!

Anyway, hope you have fun man. And text me ya bum.

• Options
    Okay, we can basically go anywhere tomorrow. Does anyone have a favorite restaurant or something? We could always go to a Five Guys or something of the sort.

• Options
    Five Guys isn't exactly conducive to a group gathering, though.

• Options
    TallaclasseeTallaclassee you ever seen a lion limber up before it takes down a gazelleRegistered User regular
    Yeah, you can't drink there

• Options
    Oh right, sorry.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Welp, gotta be in New York for the next two weeks. Can't be a part of this neat little gathering.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    There are actually DC gatherings fairly regularly but I guess a lot of people hate me or something because my thread only gets replies from the same 6 people.

• Options
    I think everybody just waits for you to bump it up saying when the next thing is

or at least I do, because being in charge of strangers meeting up is scary

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I've been really busy with unpacking at my new place and job interviews.

Sorry guys. And tonight I'm stuck with family obligations.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I think everybody just waits for you to bump it up saying when the next thing is

or at least I do, because being in charge of strangers meeting up is scary
    Less scary for me, more I'm really lazy and think nobody wants to meet me. So other awkward nerd combo.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    So would people want to meet in Virginia, or DC?

• Options
    I assume people would want to do it on the Metro, so Clarendon or something?