As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Free Palestine From the River to the Sea

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Hello friend. Fancy meeting you here. Welcome to my wishlist.

If you just want to click another link and have some easy suggestions, bam, there you go: https://www.gifthero.com/list/20d1c883-2b86-4820-a10f-b8b24be834d0 It's mostly going to be books, plus also probably some too expensive swords or similar if you want to make an ill-advised purchase. It's well maintained, I want everything on there, that's what makes it a wishlist.

But of course, if that's too easy for you, you have other options. Because what I truly want can't be fully known to me, I crave novelty and surprises and things I've never seen before. I love art, and crafts, and things of that nature - something handmade will always be appreciated. I love weird historical artifacts, antique ephemera, things that are probably just garbage but they are very old garbage. I like weird local things from places I've never been before. Essentially, I want anything that has a story to it, in one way or another, my favorite thing is telling stories and you have the opportunity to enable that sort of decadent behavior.

A short and unordered list of things that I have strange fondnesses for, if that is in some way helpful
    Knives and other sharp objects
    Medical equipment (particularly antique)
    Bones
    Snakes (symbolically more than physically)
    Flowers
    Mirrors
    Masks
    Mythology and folk tales

Is that enough? It is for now, perhaps I'll add more later. If you have questions, reach out, I'll be glad to answer them.

And as always, a note that I might not be able to immediately post about your gift when I've received it. Don't worry about it, it's cool and normal.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Weird, this too is an empty post… are the forums disassociating? Only time will tell…

Oh wait it’s not an empty post at all! It was me! Wishlist!
    If you’d like to go right to the crux of my pathetic flailing at putting a list together here it is:
    Hello!
    Wondering what to get me for Christmas, birthdays or just because? I have created an Elfster Wish List with all my favorite things! Click the link to see what I’m wishing for.
    https://elfster.com/profile/dd275ef3-5dfa-43c3-b263-6323b702943e/wish-lists/

Otherwise I’m just more or less a regular nerdy uninteresting guy. I love video games and have about every system under the sun along with multiple PCs and a Steam Deck. I like puzzles, board games, etc. I love American Football and am a big time FSU college football fan and Dallas Cowboys NFL fan. I homebrew beer though not as much as I used to, enjoy alcohol, pilsners, IPAs, and whiskey/scotch especially.

My biggest pastime I suppose otherwise is I play pool, primarily professional WPA, APA, and APPL rules 8-ball and 9-ball. I’m not incredible or anything but I’ve grown and improved enough to wear i consistently win local tournaments and finished third in league regionals a month back. I play using primarily Predator and McDermott products (primary cue is a vintage early ‘00s McDermott Cool Pool Shark butt with a 11.8mm Predator Revo carbon fiber shaft.)

All of that is just a long way of saying it’s hard to go wrong with something pool-related gift wise. At any rate I’ll add more thoughts if they come to me and thank you in advance o glorious Satan.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Please have all wishlist posts filled in with actual content by the 16th, we can't send out matches until all wishlists are filled in.

also I can't poach ideas from everyone's list for my own list if people don't post them, which is the real crime

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hail, Satan.

I have to say it's been a bit of a weird year. Currently outsourcing my own job and was going to have a new role at the end of it but then my company decided to hide a layoff in a return to office initiative and now my way forward is ???. But hey I'll be around long enough for the yearly bonus at least. Got to have an actual vacation for the first time since the pandemic started which was nice. Hope your year has been better.
    I'm a big dumb white guy who likes giant robots, wrestling, anime, and general sci-fi and cyberpunk stuff. At this point I'd have to say my two biggest hobbies are that I play a lot of video games and build (primarily) gundam model kits. As far as video games go I currently have a Series X, Switch, PS4, a MiSTer, a steam deck, analogue pocket, and other older consoles. I'm not looking to get a PS5, yet. I'm thinking I might finally upgrade for Yakuza Infinite Wealth because I would like to own all those games on the same system and that PS4 needs to be put out to pasture. As far as the model kit hobby my gifthero list has a bunch of kits and tools on it.

I got an air fryer and a nice rice cooker this year and they've been great kitchen upgrades but I really need to start branching out with what I make in them I think.

I'm a 3X in a shirt, and speaking of, if you're looking at my amazon wishlist early on there's gonna be a bunch of winter clothes and stuff, just trying to prep for if texas freezes again and am planning to buy that stuff myself. So don't worry about it if you don't want to.

I'd love new music recommendations, I love stuff like, Daft Punk, Justice, Yoko Kanno, the Pillows, Yamaoka's Silent Hill soundtracks, The Protomen, recently got into Ado. I love a good bass line and a high tempo.

If you want to make something or bake something I am down for both! I don't really have any food restrictions. If you're a carpenter I'd say I have a bookshelf request you could fulfill but getting it here might be fairly expensive.

Amazon:
    http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1D8Q80CJFG3CU
    GiftHero:
    https://www.gifthero.com/list/01f23ee7-22dd-4b98-82ee-693a72dfff1c
    Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lasbrook/wishlist
    I have my retro game wishlist linked in my gifthero but notes there seem kinda hard to surface so I'll link it here:
    https://www.pricecharting.com/wishlist?user=dlfapzuvbxu7fjbruasq6zm6e4
    This list function is kinda rudimentary as all you can do is add a game so here's my weird notes about that list:
    I'm not really a sealed/graded dude but anything like CD/DVD era or DS stuff I would prefer to be complete if possible. Gameboy and SNES stuff I'm ok with loose.
    These games on the list I'm only looking for the manuals for:
    Super Metroid
    Metroid: Zero Mission
    Metroid Fusion
    Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    The World Ends With You

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    you have until midnight tonight to sign up and finish up your wishlists!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    I’ve updated my post below. My Elfster list also has my Amazon list on it. @Blackhawk1313 is my husband if you have any questions too, he can help. 🤗

Dear Satan,

It has been a heck of a year and I am beyond ready to move on from it. I graduated with my DNP (Doctor of nursing practice) in May and for the first time in nearly 6 years I am no longer a student. I have changed jobs and I’m no longer teaching at the college here. I started a new job in management for the pediatric and pediatric ICU floors at the hospital. I’ve continued working as a nurse practitioner for the post acute care hospital on some weekends, and I started a new PRN job as a practitioner with hospice.

I haven’t had much time to do anything recently. And if you asked me what I want this year, I would have no idea what to tell you. I included an Elfster list below, it also has my Amazon list on it. I hope that can give you some ideas.

I’m pretty easy going, I don’t really do much in the way of hobbies, and I’m not a picky person.

Clothing: shirts are a 2X unless it’s women’s cut then a 3X is better
    Food: I like snacks, chocolate, anything really. I don’t have any intolerances or allergies. I’m not a fan of melon, lemon, orange, or lime flavors.
    Hobbies: I like crafts, but I haven’t had much time to do them. Cross stitch, paint by number, water colors….. anything I can get lost in for a while.
    My husband and I play pool (billiards) on a league a few nights a week.
    I play video games/computer games occasionally. I have a steam list I try and update regularly.

I collect unicorns, hello kitty, Pusheen….I like pinks and blues and purples, rainbows and glitter. Which is all in total contrast to my music preferences….I love emo (I am what you would call an elder emo), melodic death metal, heavy metal, screamo, and post scene. Fame on Fire is one of my favorite bands. I also love bands like Beast in Black and Serenity, just to name a few.

I hope all of that helps guide your ideas. I’m totally open to something new, especially if it’s something you find super cool.

https://elfster.com/profile/3b1c45f5-cb1d-43ab-b20a-2b0a61e24a24/wish-lists/ce3a5b83-0c88-4ad1-bda6-0484e5c4ff38

Ladybug2332 on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Wishlist: Complete!

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Hail, Satan, and well met!

This year has been a significant one for me: I've graduated to become a computer scientist, and I've moved into my first apartment. Getting used to fully taking care of one apartment by myself is still a bit of a challenge, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'm in the process of getting enrolled in a career-building program for people struggling with mental health issues.

I'm a scholar-type nerd, and I like to make practical or dynamic crafts, learning about how the real world functions, and enjoy character-driven stories.

I would love an argyle sweater. My shoulders are 21" wide and 8" deep, my sleeve length is 21.5", and my torso is 25" high.

I enjoy building with LEGO Technic pieces. I don't want sets with standard LEGO bricks, for personal reasons. I'd enjoy anything that's not from the Monster Jam line.

I've got a UHD BR player. I'd like to start my UHD BR collection with the Star Wars OT and PT, the LotR trilogy, and Schindler's List.

I want to read and watch a lot more non-fiction than I do now. I really like reading or hearing about how the things (living and not) around us work or came to be what they are, especially man-made things. "Making of"s are among my favorite kind of documentaries. I also like learning about the history of a particular achievement/catastrophe. I also like biographies and memoirs of researchers, inventors, engineers, and designers.

For fiction, I like anything that's well-thought-out and somewhat grounded, aka where people can do what they do because of some understandable in-world reason, and not just because Author Said So. At least, that's the best description I could think of that would fit Girl Genius, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Schlock Mercenary, The Apothecary Diaries, Witch Hat Atelier, and Drive (the webcomic). I also like historical fiction and well-researched non-genre fiction in the same vein.

For gaming, I've got my gaming PC and my Switch. I'm not that interested in the other consoles, because I figure my PC would do the same job they could. I would really like the Nintendo Online Expansion Pack. And here's my Steam wishlist. If you want to buy something on there that's also available on the Switch, I'd appreciate the Switch version better (if it's not streaming). Now that I'm paying my own electric bill, I want to cut down on power consumption when I can. Here's my Nintendo wish list.

I'm fine with getting baked goods too. Nothing alcoholic or with lots of milk, though. I'm somewhat lactose-intolerant. If it's diluted, it's fine, but it gives me stomachaches otherwise. I have no other food problems.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    List updated, if you've sent your stuff and are not on the list please PM me.

Also sign-ups are closed-ish, I will be going through lists and contacting those who havent filled out wishlists. Matches will probably be sent out after the weekend.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Shit I totally forgot to sign up this year! @Brolo any chance I could get in under the gun.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Shit I totally forgot to sign up this year! @Brolo any chance I could get in under the gun.

@Bucketman put in a wishlist ASAP

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Wishlist post:
    I'm pretty easy, I 3D print both resin and filament, I like coffee and tea and love cooking and kitchen stuff. I play board games and table top rpgs and I print and paint minis with both a regular and an air brush. If clothing is a thing I have an extra large head, wide feet size 11 1/2 and wear a 4xl shirt. Hand crafted things are always enjoyed and appreciated. I also have a general Amazon wishlist here: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/19FGWFJR7NKR5?ref_=wl_share

Looks like I also just started playing Magic The Gather again, and I sold all my old cards years ago...so I do like cards.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    And thank you @Brolo I totally missed the sign ups this year and would hate to break the streak

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh joy oh joy.

a sneaky imp is coming for some of you overnight.

But only some of you, mind. I'm only one Imp

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeach it's fuch

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I gotta add my gifthero proper to my post Satan, sorry - anticipate me adding it tomorrow with some additions

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Okay, another wave is out, I believe there's one more left!

• Options
    Sorry for the delay y'all

But I think all PMs should be out!

If you haven't got one

Gimme a shout

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    just in time for american ultracapitalism

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Not participating this year but happily lurking to bear dark witness to this seasonal cheer

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    Hail, Satan!

This is kind of a cut and paste from last year's cause not a lot has changed, if I'm being honest.

First up, thank you for being the best dark lord of the underworld that you can be. An even bigger thank you for agreeing to participate in this. Just know that anything that you deem me worthy to receive will be greatly appreciated. Though since we've been asked to provide some kind of post and list here you go -

I'm currently in the middle stages of refitting and rehabbing a 38' sailboat that when done I'll be spending a lot of time on. Her name is Respira. That said, a lot of things that you might see on my wishlist are probably related to this rather large project. Tools, things for making life living on a boat easier, etc. It's a small space so functionality of anything I bring on is key...but there is always room for fun stuff. Know any small board games that you'd recommend? Maybe a piece of hiking/camping/sailing gear that you've gone out into the world with and can't live without? Bring it on!

When not working (in the video game industry...I have a gaming PC that I do most of my playing on), I REALLY like to cook and make cocktails. I'm pretty particular about the gear I use to do so, but I've been eyeballing the slotted spoon, wooden bowls, and scraper from Earlywood Designs for a bit now. That said - maybe there is a favorite recipe that you'd like to share? A spice or ingredient that is local to you? I will absolutely cook/use it and share the results!

I also spend a bit of time going back and forth between Raleigh and Los Angeles.

Lemmie hit you with some highlights:

Do you cook or make art? Hell yes, that's awesome and I'd love that. Nothing with peanuts though, please. It won't kill me, but my tummy would get not at all comfortable.
    Is your area known for something and you want to share it and the story around it? I'm all for it.
    I travel to find good wine (red), whiskey, tequila, and mezcals. Anything to do with either of those is aces.
    LEGO is the shiiiiiiiiit. But I limit myself to only ships because otherwise things would get out of control.
    Tea rules, coffee drools.
    Hiking is aces and I try to go whenever I can.
    I've been pretty deep into D&D lately as well. Regularly weekly Wednesday game, and BG3. So board games, particularly 2 player co-op are great!

I'd also be perfectly thrilled if you just wanted to make a donation to an organization like the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, or King Street Cats in Alexandria, VA. It's where I got my two boys from 17+ years ago. They're awesome, orange, and if you gifted things to them and not me they'd love it and gloat appropriately. Edit: Since writing this, one of my boys has passed. Soo..yea.

Oh...and just about everything on the amazon list can be gotten elsewhere, so do with that info what you will. I am in full throated support of shopping local and craft style places. I'll keep filling that bad boy out over the next couple of days.

Anything else, just send an imp my way.

Hugs and kisses, Satan. You're the best.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Apologies to my Satan for the delay - I'm updating a Gift Hero right now. See the link here:

https://www.gifthero.com/list/706f92e5-1813-4960-b725-015f376fa963

Steam
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Not even a week has passed, and I have been struck! By some sort of... smooth criminal?

I received word via an Imp that a package requiring signature would be coming over the weekend, and imagine my surprise when the first package to arrive did not, in fact, require a signature!
    AegbvX9.png

A controller! A pad for games! But since it did not require a signature, would this portend further arrivals?

Indeed, this was but a harbinger of things to come!
    SfgP4vF.png

A very long and high quality USB-C cable to allow for the first gift to plug into my PC! Also, it is compatible with my Android phone! A gift with multiple applications, fortuitous and much appreciated... but not requiring a signature?

No, in fact, it was this beast that required an adult (or, in my case, something approaching one) to take custody... in blood!*

(*Blood was not actually required, but you could argue that ink is pen blood? Discussions for later.)
    oNOziZj.png

So for the record, my current desk chair is an ancient pleather monstrosity that my old job gave me for free when they swapped to new office chairs. The surface of the chair sheds everywhere, requiring a second cover, and the height adjuster gave out a good long while ago, so sometimes I only realize it has sunk somewhat when I realize I am reaching up to my keyboard, with my knees in my chest. Functional, but not ideal!

Imagine my joy at realizing that my Dark Benefactor had delivered me from this fate, replacing my long suffering seat with a slick new alternative! Also, as a bonus: An afternoon enjoying the fleeting illusion of functional adulthood, as I had to assemble the chairs using actual screws.

Self-effacement aside, I think the results speak for themselves.
    6UMINhi.png

I am extremely pleased with this kindest and most thoughtful of hauls, but it seems the mysterious malefactor making merriment for me prefers to remain anonymous for now, as none of the gifts had a name attached, at least as far as I could tell.

Whoever you are, O Darkest of Benefactors, I trust you will reveal yourself when the time is right. But in the meantime: Please accept my complements as to a haul well done, as well as my heartfelt gratitude. <3

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    There was much impish chortling at how your butt was going to be gifted.

Mostly by me.

And more giggles than chortles.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Apologies to my Satan for the delay - I'm updating a Gift Hero right now. See the link here:

https://www.gifthero.com/list/706f92e5-1813-4960-b725-015f376fa963

That jacket rules

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    i'd never heard of gifthero before.

i've just been updating amazon lists despite my own refusal to shop there for the sake of making secret santa's life less of a pain. that seems like an app i'd actively just use to track random shit i stumble across

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    i'd never heard of gifthero before.

i've just been updating amazon lists despite my own refusal to shop for the sake of making secret santa's life less of a pain. that seems like an app i'd actively just use to track random shit i stumble across

I used it for the last two Satans! Seems rather painless and it's nice for getting items that are offsite from Amazon/finding more ethical sources. Not hard to import from older Gift Hero lists, either. The one drawback is needing to double check prices as you enter links, but that may be more an issue for me as someone whose costs flip into CAD.

Gonna be adding more items tomorrow as well; I gotta research router bits!

Steam
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Dang, some real speedy Satans this year. I got home tonight and discovered that yes, I did lock my door when I left (which had been giving me some anxiety) and also a parcel darkening my door. A parcel letting me know about it's pee.

LWsXnaNh.jpg|

Thus informed, I tore it open to reveal it's contents.
    vbfOryjh.jpg
    Hell yeah. Hackers and Sneakers on blu ray. I think one of my favorite loose sub-genres is "movies that have kind of fantastical computer tech" like these or lawnmower man, hardware, and the net to a degree. Movies from when computers were still becoming common and sure, why couldn't VR increase a man's intelligence to a degree where they become a god existing purely in the internet.
    The manga are a collection of short stories by Tatsuki Fujimoto between his series Fire Punch and Chainsaw Man. I think after reading Chainsaw Man I'm a ride or die for whatever they create so I'm excited to check these out.

Thank you mysterious Satan!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sneakers is so fucking good.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Not even a week has passed, and I have been struck! By some sort of... smooth criminal?

Whoever you are, O Darkest of Benefactors, I trust you will reveal yourself when the time is right. But in the meantime: Please accept my complements as to a haul well done, as well as my heartfelt gratitude. <3

2rr0z6wwpbxb1.gif

Me and my gifts showing up at your door.
    Yes indeed, the fates have decided that once wasn’t enough, that I was to be your Dark Benefactor yet again.

I looked back at what I had sent in 2017/18 and it was a collection of smaller gifts. This time I decided what you needed was a single, bigger gift that you can start using right away (plus a few extras).

May it serve you well in your future sits!

Perrsun on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, someone call the ambulance, I got hit by a gift truck giant mecha!
    max4t7laxx4y.jpg

Not the Final gift, but pretty Fantastic.
    2cigs23rf8fb.jpg

I just got a PS5, so those two are gonna be spinning up as soon as I finish Spoodermang which.. might be a while.

Movies! Hell yeah!
    vwqdtrbz6p92.jpg

And for the parents in the room, don't worry, it's not all screen time.
    0z0vzomtbv5f.jpg

And lastly, an ominous note.
    sgjugwnnyli9.jpg

@Elaro you spent too damn much. Thank you.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Oh shit, someone call the ambulance, I got hit by a gift truck giant mecha!
    max4t7laxx4y.jpg

Not the Final gift, but pretty Fantastic.
    2cigs23rf8fb.jpg

I just got a PS5, so those two are gonna be spinning up as soon as I finish Spoodermang which.. might be a while.

Movies! Hell yeah!
    vwqdtrbz6p92.jpg

And for the parents in the room, don't worry, it's not all screen time.
    0z0vzomtbv5f.jpg

And lastly, an ominous note.
    sgjugwnnyli9.jpg

@Elaro you spent too damn much. Thank you.

You're welcome!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Sorry Satanee, I got the dates wrong on the Kissinger part of my gift

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Oh shit you guys! I just got back from work travel and I come back to find 2 boxes from @Handkor awaiting me. I haven't opened them yet, but one is huge!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    The huge one is also kissinger

• Options
    This year we all get a piece of Kissinger, if we keep them spread across the globe he can’t resurrect.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Oh shit you guys! I just got back from work travel and I come back to find 2 boxes from @Handkor awaiting me. I haven't opened them yet, but one is huge!

Hopefully you don't already have what I got you, if you do though, I have gift receipts I can e-mail you.

• Options
    I forget if I mentioned that we have cats in my satan post. We got them this thing for Christmas.
    32gi7riiav1j.jpeg

This might be the best thing we’ve ever bought for them and they immediately wanted to go in there unlike all of our lesser hiding spot type purchases