As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Kevin Durant's Achilles Memorial NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    You don't think a team core of James, Irving and Love couldn't win a title? Because I think they could.

they could. i don't think their roster as currently constructed is better than top 4 in the west though. if they don't get love i think it'll be a quick finals exit again, and only because the east is so awful that they're basically assured to get there with melo not joining the bulls.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they would be the favored (likely fairly heavily) to come out of the east; I'm not sure there's a ton of reason to think they'd have a better chance against the spurs/OKC/LAC than the bosh/james/wade heat did though

this hypothetical cleveland team is likely to be significantly worse than miami defensively, even if they're better on offense. Lebron is a good defender when necessary but you probably don't want him killing himself on both ends the way he has historically, and irving and love are both minus defenders. Varejao is frisky but they might wind up having to unload him to sign love

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Preacher wrote: »
    I don't think they could, I also don't think you'll see Love on the cavaliers. It'll be just like the James teams of old, James and some other guys cleveland hopes are going to be the next scottie pippen.

I think you're going to be wrong on the Love part. There is a lot of rumbling that Love has already told his agent he would sign a long term deal with Cleveland, and notice LeBron did not mention Wiggins or Bennet in his letter.

I would be very surprise if Love isn't in a cavs jersey next year.

e: In fact, the rumblings are so strong, both SI and ESPN have articles about that very specific core of a team and what they are capable of. I'll bet you the Love domino falls this weekend or early next week.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'll take that gentleman's bet. I don't mean to bag on Cleveland in a lot of ways until the hawks win last year, you are a lot like Seattle in it seems like no one wants to play there in any sport. Not willingly anyway.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Maybe, but when you're Kevin Love who's never been to the playoffs, and you've played in Minnesota your whole career, I think the thought of going to Cleveland to play with James and Irving is pretty tempting. Way more tempting than Golden State, which is the other lead suitor for his services.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Golden state? Man you're right Cleveland would be the better move.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Preacher do you even watch baskerball

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Lebron is Democratic Party Operative.
    If James leads his team into post-season play then, the GOP could find its preferred June 28 start date for the convention impossible because of the site conflict. Convention planners typically take weeks to customize the space with lights, seats and the traditional balloon drop from the rafters — impossible tasks if the Cavaliers go into post-season play.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Preacher do you even watch baskerball

I do, but I'm white and under 5'10" so I clearly don't understand the game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    If James leads his team into post-season play then, the GOP could find its preferred June 28 start date for the convention impossible because of the site conflict. Convention planners typically take weeks to customize the space with lights, seats and the traditional balloon drop from the rafters — impossible tasks if the Cavaliers go into post-season play.

Weren't the finals this year over before June 28th?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

It says it takes them weeks to customize the space.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Apparently the finals ended June 15th, which would cause problems with their apparent desire for "weeks" of customization time ahead of the convention. I don't understand why it would take so long to customize the appearance of the arena myself, I would think a week should be long enough to setup everything you could possibly need for a convention, but it would seem I am wrong?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

It says it takes them weeks to customize the space.

That just seems like silly pomp, then again it is the GOP. I mean you take more time to prepare than the NBA does? COME ON!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's not just 'the arena' in the sense of the area that has a court and seats to sit in; it's every other part of the building (and likely whatever surrounding buildings) being outfitted for endless meetings and video, accommodations for every (crazy) stakeholder group, security for the surrounding square mile or more, and who knows what all else

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    chicago apparently now courting dwyane wade while bosh chooses between the 5 year max from miami and 4 year max from houston

god, imagine all three of the big 3 bouncing

i would laugh and laugh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    the big 2 of mcbob and granger

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Yeah McRoberts and Granger must be a tad pissed right now that they won't get to play with LeBron.

• Options
    as much as i think the heat would be worse off signing wade to a max deal i just want them all to go

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Yeah McRoberts and Granger must be a tad pissed right now that they won't get to play with LeBron.

If they didn't see the writing on that particular wall they are not so smart.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

If they didn't see the writing on that particular wall they are not so smart.

ehhhh basically EVERYONE save chris sheridan thought lebron was going back
    Chris Bosh is finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year, $118M deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

per Woj

that is annoying. i want a houston super team

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    I mean the man is directly responsible for EVERY ring Miami has, and is at worse, one of the

If they don't take care of him, that place is gonna blacklisted for a VERY long time.
    Players have short memories about that stuff.

I mean, Lakers fans convince themselves it's important because they sunk the franchise for Kobe's gimpy leg this season, but really the correct move is to give them what they're worth. You can bring them back as a courtesy, but you don't give them max contracts out of respect.

• Options
    I guess I'm just crazy I thought once he said he was opting out, he was gone baby gone. Though I thought clippers to rehab their image and so he could get better insurance rates.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    As a Spurs fan, I am just fine with Bosh not going to Houston. Kind of makes me wonder why Houston shipped out Jeremy Lin (and whatever else) to the Lakers if Bosh wasn't a sure thing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    they would be the favored (likely fairly heavily) to come out of the east; I'm not sure there's a ton of reason to think they'd have a better chance against the spurs/OKC/LAC than the bosh/james/wade heat did though

this hypothetical cleveland team is likely to be significantly worse than miami defensively, even if they're better on offense. Lebron is a good defender when necessary but you probably don't want him killing himself on both ends the way he has historically, and irving and love are both minus defenders. Varejao is frisky but they might wind up having to unload him to sign love

It depends on coaching. Love is an average defender, but he still makes an impact on account of being big. Irving is an awful defender, but only because he hasn't given a shit about it up to this point. Last season he wasn't even a top 5 PG, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns it around and finally becomes a superstar now that he has a real team.

I still wouldn't take the Cavs over the best from the West, though. Maybe even healthy Chicago (if such a thing exists anymore.)

• Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    As a Spurs fan, I am just fine with Bosh not going to Houston. Kind of makes me wonder why Houston shipped out Jeremy Lin (and whatever else) to the Lakers if Bosh wasn't a sure thing.

im guessing lin wasn't official official yet, so they'll probably hang on to him. asik though, he kinda got shipped off for nothing

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    lebron even admits in his letter it won't be right away that they'll be great

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    you also have to include the stream of veterans that will want in, like mike miller and possibly ray allen, etc.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    love can defend big forwards by virtue of his size (dat butt doe), but the idea of him chasing pick and pop guys around on the perimeter doesn't inspire confidence

irving to date has been awful

also bosh's love for miami is well documented; he might look at making big money on a decent-ish team as a fine enough outcome. He won his titles after all

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    love can defend big forwards by virtue of his size (dat butt doe), but the idea of him chasing pick and pop guys around on the perimeter doesn't inspire confidence

irving to date has been awful

also bosh's love for miami is well documented; he might look at making big money on a decent-ish team as a fine enough outcome. He won his titles after all
    Plus he's from Texas.

Even though it means the death of the Pistons, I hope Carmelo goes to Chicago. Central division starting SFs: Lebron James, Paul George, Kyle Singler, Carmelo Anthony, Jabari Parker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U

• Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

im guessing lin wasn't official official yet, so they'll probably hang on to him. asik though, he kinda got shipped off for nothing

I always heard that Harden never got along with Lin on the court.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    fortis wrote: »

I always heard that Harden never got along with Lin on the court.

Yet another reason to hate Harden

• Options
    You hate Harden? Why he's so hobolicious!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    As an actual Miami fan, I'm ok with this. I started watching nba late in life, because I saw Wade play. If the bulls get any kind of productive star, they're in the finals next year.

Unless this new cavs coach is Phil Jackson wearing a human mask anyway.

The icing is that now I'll stop hearing about how great Spoelstra is.

Einzel on
  • Options
    so anthony bennett has lost 20 pounds and is looking a little bit spry in summer league

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    bucks' defense already in mid-summer-league form I see

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Come on, Phil. Agree to the sign and trade.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    so anthony bennett has lost 20 pounds and is looking a little bit spry in summer league

that is fantastically terrible defense.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know who 15 is but I like how he literally just watches bennett all the way from the 3 point arc to the hoop, while guarding essentially nobody

NREqxl5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.