Options

Girl Meets World: A real show that premieres June 27 ALSO FULL HOUSE REVIVAL SPECULATION

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Ben Savage being really short looks really weird with the love interest kid being tall.

But yeah, episode 2 aired/is airing tonight.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    They need to tone Farkle down in the future.

• Options
    Cory also could use a good tone down.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Riley's friend, however, is pretty perfect. Invokes a lot of Shawn, but isn't too on the nose. Although bringing up the rough family makes me a little weary, I hope they don't put her in exactly the same situation that Shawn was in.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Riley's friend, however, is pretty perfect. Invokes a lot of Shawn, but isn't too on the nose. Although bringing up the rough family makes me a little weary, I hope they don't put her in exactly the same situation that Shawn was in.

Shawns terrible family was mainly due to actor availability issues I doubt theyll go that crazy this time.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I kinda want her parents to be this whole, "Keepin' up with the Jones" thing where they're both Suits and have crazy busy jobs (like lawyers or whatever) so they never have time for her and that's why she rebels and acts out, in a cry for attention.

And would also be what connects her to Riley. She wants the life Riley has (and of course she'll eventually get it by being all-but adopted by the Matthews just like Shawn was).

• Options
    So this show is doing pretty alright so far.

I feel like there's a lot of over-acting (or maybe over-writing) but for the most part it's pretty good.

Apparently there's a "Girl meets Shawn" episode coming up as well, and the show's been picked up for two years.

• Options
    Hey, everybody. Girl Meets World has been good, but its on a short break until the 15th (and then I think has like 4 episodes left). That's not why I bumped the thread, though.

This is why

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    but the difference between full house and boy meets world was that boy meets world was a good tv show and full house was a terrible tv show

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Have mercy, Geebs.

sig.gif
  • Options
    the best actor on that show was comet the dog

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    but the difference between full house and boy meets world was that boy meets world was a good tv show and full house was a terrible tv show

Seriously. This is the worst.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I enjoyed watching Full House forever ago. I am kind of a sucker for shows where the cast helps each other grow/deal with problems and if they can dish out modern moral guidance and life lessons and it's popular with The Kids then that's cool too

I mean it certainly wasn't on the level of Boy Meets World but if it's bad I just won't watch it and that's that

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    I mean as a kid I definitely loved full house but it's...a pretty bad show

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Although I would watch a show that doesn't have the kids or Becky in it, and is solely about Danny, Jessie, and Joey. Make THAT happen.

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I mean as a kid I definitely loved full house but it's...a pretty bad show

Yeah when I started watching Girl Meets World it was just out of curiosity for what it was gonna be like and I thought I would be one episode and done, but I really enjoyed it. I expect one and done to be far more likely with a Full House reboot

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014

I could maybe understand someone feeling that they were both terrible tv shows but I hope you aren't imply that statement should be reversed. Full House was truly bad.

Surprised how many call backs they are making with this show. I guess the assumption is parents will watch this with their kids. The last episode brought back Minkus.

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Dritz wrote: »

I could maybe understand someone feeling that they were both terrible tv shows but I hope you aren't imply that statement should be reversed. Full House was truly bad.

Surprised how many call backs they are making with this show. I guess the assumption is parents will watch this with their kids. The last episode brought back Minkus.

No, I was agreeing with Geebs. Full House getting a new show is the worst.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Why is Jesse always eating fried chicken?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I went back and watched a few episodes of old sitcoms a while back.

Boy Meets World is still pretty good, I mean you have your stinkers but overall its a pretty solid show. Full House on the other hand is pretty much full on cheese.

• Options

Fargle is Minkus's son for some reason hopefully he follows in his fathers footseps and goes to the other side of the school

Lack of Will Friedle is odd. Like of all the characters he seems like hed be most at home on a Disney channel sitcom

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    They might be saving him for later.

Also, I would say that Will was pretty much the star of the show during the college years so they might also be trying to avoid having him take up too much screentime.

• Options
    Theyve already said Shawn and Mr.Feeny will be recurring in the next season so maybe he'll pop up then.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular

jesse loves fried chicken and elvis and ... that's about the sum of his personality

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    http://www.fullhousereviewed.com/ Now you'll know why we should never have more episodes of this.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Arang wrote: »

jesse loves fried chicken and elvis and ... that's about the sum of his personality
    He also loves that turtle.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Man...thinking about Full House has me thinking about how the shitty sitcoms I loved as a kid that I can't stand nowadays.

There were quite a few.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Uncle Jesse's original last name was Cochran.

You know how Irish that Stamos looks

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    http://www.fullhousereviewed.com/ Now you'll know why we should never have more episodes of this.

I've been reading this and this guy is great. I'm also pretty impressed with what a feminist he is.

(Guys take note if you want to woo the ladies)

(Okay, okay, if you want to woo Metal*)

*and that's the story of how Emby set the feminist movement back a couple decades.

• Options

Fargle is Minkus's son for some reason hopefully he follows in his fathers footseps and goes to the other side of the school

Lack of Will Friedle is odd. Like of all the characters he seems like hed be most at home on a Disney channel sitcom

The show is actually number 1 for kids 3-14, who were not even born during Boy Meets World's original run.

• Options
    That's not terribly surprising. I feel like the show overall is a little...cheesy, but I'm willing to forgive that for now. I need Farkle to dial it down a bit, and Corey for that matter.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Call me when they bring back Teen Angel.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    will friedle already spent some time in the disney channel salt mines when he did kim possible

wait, he was on kim possible, right? I'm not actually sure

• Options
    He's done voice work all over.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    will friedle already spent some time in the disney channel salt mines when he did kim possible

wait, he was on kim possible, right? I'm not actually sure

Yeah I'm pretty sure he was Ron

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Yup, Friedle was Ron Stoppable.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Anybody still watching this? The holiday episode was pretty good. Don't think I've laughed that hard at a sit-com since the original series.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

The show is actually number 1 for kids 3-14, who were not even born during Boy Meets World's original run.

Their parents were though and thats probably a factor.. Its not a bad show it just has a lot of disney channel sitcom dna that it needs to shed

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Of the Disney sitcoms, I think Girl Meets World is by far the best. We watched the Christmas episode today, and it was pretty cool seeing Cory's parents and Shawn. My daughter was fucking giddy about Shawn finally showing up, and she's only seen a few episodes of the original show. I figure that means they're doing something right.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Whats odd is if I read that summary right Shawn never met the kids? That doesn't seem right.