As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Industry Thread] The most bafflingly awful collector's edition ever

1939495969799»

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    So the Disney Infinity announcement event is going down, and as expected, it's basically Disney Skylanders. (Not in gameplay, but in the use of RFID toys.)

Which is great, because while I'd like to play Skylanders, I have no interest in the toys themselves.

But little miniature Mike & Sully and Incredibles figures? I can display those on my shelf without issue.

1643.jpg

1642.jpg

Oh god.

I'm going to get into this, aren't I?

Finally, having a 4year old daughter pays off! I can totally play it like I'm doing it for her!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    KsGWj.jpg

And you thought Wii development was dead!
    Vita lol

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Is there any Donald/Scrooge shenanigans going on there or is it just modern Pixar stuff?

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Ergh. Then again, when was the last time any of us thought about Majesco?

Some of us want something more than a cell-shaded, side-scrolling, (over-hyphenated), hack-n-slash.

And some of us wanted a proper Jaws game. Do they still have the license for that?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Is there any Donald/Scrooge shenanigans going on there or is it just modern Pixar stuff?

It doesn't seem like they're doing anything more than Disney/Pixar from like the last 10 - 15 years. But I could be wrong or there could be some things that they just haven't revealed.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I suspect they'll be doing these figures for years so they may get around to it eventually

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I suspect they'll be doing these figures for years so they may get around to it eventually

They've got about 80 years worth of DLC.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

It doesn't seem like they're doing anything more than Disney/Pixar from like the last 10 - 15 years. But I could be wrong or there could be some things that they just haven't revealed.

Supposedly there's stuff that hasn't been revealed just yet, but yeah, so far it looks like recent Disney and Pixar stuff.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

nAbhL.jpg

Well there's a certain vault in the background of this shot.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    Sollah wrote: »
    this is all made especially gross when you bring into account how sexist the first game was. : /

The first one was sexist?

Well, let's just say that it should be tricky to browse google results for 'Dead Island' without coming across the phrase 'feminist whore'.

Hmm. I guess I didn't see it when I played the game multiple times... Seems like people need to take a chill pill when it comes to entertainment.

Briefly, for those unaware or forgot, a skill in the game for a female character that gives extra damage to male zombies was labeled 'feministwhorepurna' in the internal code. Before the game shipped it was changed outwardly to 'Gender Wars'. However, not all references to it were removed.

You weren't supposed to see it. Even as an inside joke, it's pretty horrible.

If you have to decompile the release to get upset about something you are working entirely too hard at finding things to get upset about

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So the Disney Infinity announcement event is going down, and as expected, it's basically Disney Skylanders. (Not in gameplay, but in the use of RFID toys.)

Which is great, because while I'd like to play Skylanders, I have no interest in the toys themselves.

But little miniature Mike & Sully and Incredibles figures? I can display those on my shelf without issue.

1643.jpg

1642.jpg

Oh god.

I'm going to get into this, aren't I?

Finally, having a 4year old daughter pays off! I can totally play it like I'm doing it for her!

I am doomed..
    Oh well, it's not like I enjoyed having disposable income anyway.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    There is also an image of dumbo and Abu from Aladdin when he transformed into an elephant.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Sollah wrote: »
    this is all made especially gross when you bring into account how sexist the first game was. : /

The first one was sexist?

Well, let's just say that it should be tricky to browse google results for 'Dead Island' without coming across the phrase 'feminist whore'.

Hmm. I guess I didn't see it when I played the game multiple times... Seems like people need to take a chill pill when it comes to entertainment.

Briefly, for those unaware or forgot, a skill in the game for a female character that gives extra damage to male zombies was labeled 'feministwhorepurna' in the internal code. Before the game shipped it was changed outwardly to 'Gender Wars'. However, not all references to it were removed.

You weren't supposed to see it. Even as an inside joke, it's pretty horrible.

If you have to decompile the release to get upset about something you are working entirely too hard at finding things to get upset about

Actually you don't. You just have to read an article about somebody else who decompiled the release. Makes it not a lot of work to be upset about it, methinks.

• Options
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    d3cD6.jpg

SPACESHIP EARTH!?

Sold. Sold. Sold sold sold sold sold. Sold.

Sold.

SOLD.

Edit: It looks like a wacky mix of Skylanders, the Lego games, and Little Big Planet.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

nAbhL.jpg

Well there's a certain vault in the background of this shot.

When, WHEN, will they take my money!?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    d3cD6.jpg

SPACESHIP EARTH!?

Sold.

SOLD.

Edit: It looks like a wacky mix of Skylanders, the Lego games, and Little Big Planet.

Right next to Niceland Apartments (from Wreck-It-Ralph), looks like.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    d3cD6.jpg

SPACESHIP EARTH!?

Sold.

SOLD.

Right next to Niceland Apartments (from Wreck-It-Ralph), looks like.

With the lanterns from Tangled in the background.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Oh man the Incredibles?

Curse you Disney, you know my weakness.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
This discussion has been closed.