As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gurl, you look good. [beauty/fashion thread]

19495969798100»

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    : o

poo
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    ; )

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i blush horribly at compliments and i also get them often here but basically only here

it's

awkward

same

except I don't get them often anywhere

wait that's a half-truth since I grew this ridiculous moustache

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    sooo the photo on the right here has been very obviously doctored but this is pretty much exactly the physique I'm dealing with

+skinny+jean+for+big+thighs+ideas.jpg

and that's pretty much exactly what skinny jeans look like on me if I'm lucky. seems okay?

looks fine from this angle

WINK

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    lucky for my boy and Kate's, we do know we're rocking 5 days out of 7

it's just those two other days that get tricky as shit

and there's nothing less sexy than me going "honeyyyy tell me how pretty I am" so I resist the urge to do it

he's actively anti-compliment, though; he doesn't think they're useful because they don't teach you anything about yourself

ascetic son of a bitch

well that is just fucking not the truth at all

compliments are nice facts and observations that help other people recognize the good in themselves.

that dude needs to figure that shit out

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Compliments are mostly fluff though.

Criticisms are where you learn and grow.

That's a really stupid way of looking at the world.

As much learning and growing as I've done in the past few years, I probably wouldn't have made it this far without a lot of fluffy support and reminders that even if I don't reach my goals, I'm still fucking awesome.

There is ALWAYS stuff to learn. Always. Forever. But if you don't remind yourself that what you've already got is pretty awesome, if you don't sit back and enjoy the fluff and the fun, then you will never be happy and you will just be worrying about what ELSE you can do to make yourself better.

Different strokes for different folks.

I think fluffy support and reminders are stupid.

EDIT: I realized this makes me look like some sort of unfeeling monster. I actually love giving other people compliments, but feel that compliments directed my way are completely unnecessary and useless.

man

what

negative reinforcement only never works for the better in any situation at all.

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I try and make compliments meaningful and will try to as much as possible to not roll out mindless compliments. There is a thin edge of the wedge between too many compliments and not enough compliments. I tend to fall on the not enough side of that equation I've found. This is my own musings here and I'm not having a go at Viv, WaM or anyone else in this thread it's just that sometimes I get frustrated when people I love feel a constant need to be validated by other people. I don't think that really applies to Viv, at least as I know her anyway, but I have definitely dated girls who have been that way and it drove me up the wall.

I'm rambling on here and the reason I wanted to post in here was to say the Viv is gorgeous like woah. The first time I met her was at a PA meetup when we all went to dinner in town and I was speechless when I met here. I remember I was thinking in my head, "What the fuuuuuck. People who post on a fucking webcomics forum should not be this attractive" I was in a state of disbelief for a good 5 minutes. It's all good though because Blake is a champion among men, so it all works out in the end

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    @Aphostile just doesn't cherish compliments because he gets them all the time

the handsome devil

Scudo on
  • Options
    i guess i read that post a little wrong, as you said you love giving compliments but dont necessarily feel like you like them directed at you personally

i mean i understand that somewhat, as there have been times where its just "oh...well...im just doing my job"

in those cases i take comfort not in that i did a certain thing really well, but rather that i must have really made that persons day from just being me and doing what i do.

and that feels pretty good.

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    it must be weird to have a butt

tell me of this "butt" thing

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    in other words Kate why the fuck do you live so fucking far away

we need to do a couples vacation with Jess and Mark

So we all go diving and then drinking while you girls go shopping and get your hair done?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i got a huge butt

poo
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    it must be weird to have a butt

tell me of this "butt" thing

It makes it hard to shop for pants. But it fills out pants pretty well when I finally find them, I guess? So it's a wash.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I love my boyfriend to bits but dude does not know how to give a compliment to save his life

luckily I have this thread to fill the void

UMMMMMMMMMMM

I have this same problem

don't get me wrong

when Blake throws out little lines like that, I treasure them because I get them so rarely

about 95% of the stuff people have said about me in the FOT and in here? Blake has never said

I have to remind myself that I know he thinks those things, but he just never really says them out loud unless I tell him "I need you to tell me that I'm awesome/beautiful/amazing/lovely/sexy/hot/incredible or that you're proud of me"

god blake and chris would be so perfect for each other

content to climb rocks and never compliment one another

You got it all backwards girl. They'd be complimentin' the shit out of each other. Just not their ladies.
    "Damn Blake, your pecs are looking tight."
    "Thanks Chris. You're rocking your abs today. Care to belay me?"
    "Mmmmmmmm."

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Forum Couples Retreat

me and @DHS Odium are totally down

• Options
    Tef wrote: »
    I try and make compliments meaningful and will try to as much as possible to not roll out mindless compliments. There is a thin edge of the wedge between too many compliments and not enough compliments. I tend to fall on the not enough side of that equation I've found. This is my own musings here and I'm not having a go at Viv, WaM or anyone else in this thread it's just that sometimes I get frustrated when people I love feel a constant need to be validated by other people. I don't think that really applies to Viv, at least as I know her anyway, but I have definitely dated girls who have been that way and it drove me up the wall.

I'm rambling on here and the reason I wanted to post in here was to say the Viv is gorgeous like woah. The first time I met her was at a PA meetup when we all went to dinner in town and I was speechless when I met here. I remember I was thinking in my head, "What the fuuuuuck. People who post on a fucking webcomics forum should not be this attractive" I was in a state of disbelief for a good 5 minutes. It's all good though because Blake is a champion among men, so it all works out in the end

Yeah, I am not a fan of mindless compliments that seem to be tossed out to make me feel better. Make this shit count, and mean it. I'll take quality compliments over quantity any fucking day of the week.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.