As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]eor shower

AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
j6pVc.jpg

Geminids'll hit us on St. Lucia! 13th december! That's today!

Go watch some meteors tonight! Bring a blanket! It'll be fucking romantic!

ftOqU21.png

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I endorse this chat.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    :))

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I endorse this chat.

Couldn't chairshot your way out of making that one so you decide to endorse the other guy. :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »

This emoticon is strange and terrifying.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

that dreadful maw, forever it hungers, forever it consumes

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I will watch Pacific Rim.

I will watch it so hard.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

It kind of looks more like a videogame trailer than a movie trailer, just because it focuses on visually impressive action without doing anything to establish the characters.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

and now we know what the ghosts think about pac-man

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I can't tell if improv comedy is terrible or not.

• Options

And yet ... AM has won, simply ... he has taken his revenge ...
    I have no mouth. And I must scream.

• Options

I like to think that whenever Pac-Man dies he comes back as a ghost, so that his endless hunger culminates in the consumption of himself in some obscure circle of hell.

• Options
    NRK has a "before I die... [fill in] thing"

there are a lot of nice ones

"before I die I'd like another cup of coffee."

"before I die I want to pretend like I'm deaf and spend ten minutes trying to pay at the register"

"before I die I want to be a grandmother"

"before I die I want to change my name to Little Cream Bun"

"before I die I want to be married"

"before I die I want Gordon Ramsey to clean my house and shout at him every time I'm not pleased with the result and then throw the toilet brush in his face as he's leaving"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

It comes out on my birthday. Best Birthday gift award goes to Guillermo del Toro... pre-emptively.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Abdy, I hope to god you didnt cheat us out of chairshot [chat].

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

It kind of looks more like a videogame trailer than a movie trailer, just because it focuses on visually impressive action without doing anything to establish the characters.

The characters are:
    a) Robots
    b) A Dinosaur or something
    c) Idris Elba giving a very wooden speech

• Options

I like to think that whenever Pac-Man dies he comes back as a ghost, so that his endless hunger culminates in the consumption of himself in some obscure circle of hell.

that reminds me.

“Time is fluid here,” said the demon. He knew it was a demon the moment he saw it. He knew it, just as he knew the place was Hell. There was nothing else that either of them could have been.

The room was long, and the demon waited by a smoking brazier at the far end. A multitude of objects hung on the rock-gray walls, of the kind that it would not have been wise or reassuring to inspect too closely. The ceiling was low, the floor oddly insubstantial.

“Come close,” said the demon, and he did. The demon was rake-thin, and naked. It was deeply scarred, and it appeared to have been flayed at some time in the distant past. It had no ears, no sex. Its lips were thin and ascetic, and its eyes were a demon’s eyes: they had seen too much and gone too far, and under their gaze he felt less important than a fly.

“What happens now?” he asked.

“Now,” said the demon, in a voice that carried with it no sorrow, no relish, only a dreadful flat resignation, “you will be tortured.”

“For how long?”

But the demon shook its head and made no reply. It walked slowly along the wall, eyeing first one of the devices that hung there, then another. At the far end of the wall, by the closed door, was a cat o’ nine tails made of frayed wire. The demon took it down with one three-fingered hand and walked back, carrying it reverently. It placed the wire tines onto the brazier, and stared at them as they began to heat up.

“That’s inhuman.”

“Yes.”

The tips of the cat’s tails were glowing a dead orange.

As the demon raised his arm to deliver the first blow, it said, “In time you will remember even this moment with fondness.”

“You are a liar.”

“No,” said the demon. “The next part,” it explained, in the moment before it brought down the cat, “is worse.” Then the tines of the cat landed on the man’s back with a crack and a hiss, tearing through the expensive clothes, burning and rending and shredding as they struck and, not for the last time in the place, he screamed.

There were 211 implements on the walls of that room, and in time he was to experience each of them. When, finally, the Lazarene’s Daughter, which he had grown to know intimately, had been cleaned and replaced on the wall in the 211th position, then, through wrecked lips, he gasped, “Now what?”

“Now,” said the demon, “the true pain begins.”

It did.

Everything he had ever done that had been better left undone. Every lie had told – told to himself, or told to others. Every little hurt, and all the great hurts. Each one was pulled out of him, detail by detail, inch by inch. The demon stripped away the cover of forgetfulness, stripped everything down to truth, and it hurt more than anything.

“Tell me what you thought as she walked out of the door,” said the demon.

“I thought my heart was broken.”

“No,” said the demon, without hate, “you didn’t.” It stared at him with expressionless eyes, and he was forced to look away.

“I thought, now she’ll never know I’ve been sleeping with her sister.”

The demon took apart his life, moment by moment, instant to awful instant. It lasted a hundred years, perhaps, or a thousand – they had all the time there ever was, in that grey room – and toward the end he realised that the demon had been right. The physical torture had been kinder.

And it ended.

And once it had ended, it began again. There was a self-knowledge there he had not had the first time, which somehow made everything worse.

Now, as he spoke, he hated himself. There were no lies, no evasions, no room for anything except the pain and the anger.

He spoke. He no longer wept. And when he finished, a thousand years later, he prayed that now the demon would go to the wall, and bring down the skinning knife, or the choke-pear, or the screws.

“Again,” said the demon.

He began to scream. He screamed for a long time.

“Again,” said the demon, when he was done, as if nothing had been said.

It was like peeling an onion. This time through his life he learned about consequences. He learnt the results of things he had done; things he had been blind to as he did them; the ways he had hurt the world; the damage he had done to people he had never known, or met, or encountered. It was the hardest lesson yet.

“Again,” said the demon, a thousand years later.

He crouched on the floor, beside the brazier, rocking gently, his eyes closed, and he told the story of his life, re-experiencing it as he told it, from birth to death, changing nothing, leaving nothing out, facing everything. He opened his heart.

When he was done, he sat there, eyes closed, waiting for the voice to say, “Again.”, but nothing was said. He opened his eyes.

Slowly he stood up. He was alone.

At the far end of the room, there was a door, and as he watched, it opened.

A man stepped through the door. There was terror in the man’s face, and arrogance, and pride. The man, who wore expensive clothes, took several hesitant steps into the room, and then stopped.

When he saw the man, he understood.

“Time is fluid here,” he told the new arrival.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    and glados

poo
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    ugh i think im still too sick to work but my mom insists I shouldn't miss another day

so ill go in and sit at my desk loudly hawking up phlem and using the bathroom every 30 seconds until someone tells me to go home (I'm in the "body removes liquids from every orifice" phase of sickness)

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

If only it were so.

SOTAR was phoneposting and I took up the mantle.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Seriously though, I hope all my people like my gift this year.

Certain creative gifting from me has not been recieved warmly in the past, and has such led to me getting shit to this day.

• Options

Certain creative gifting from me has not been recieved warmly in the past, and has such led to me getting shit to this day.

in general, bodily fluids are rarely appreciated

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    and glados

Yes

d) GLaDOS

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Oh Bitcoins how you amuse me. I'm not sure if it is just the name or the people behind it, but either way it raises a smile

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

If only it were so.

SOTAR was phoneposting and I took up the mantle.

Forshame.

• Options

If people don't explicitly opt out of jamjars full of mystery fluids then that is what they get every time.

• Options
    chairshot is one of the worst words [chat] has latched onto

because it is a constant reminder of pro wrestling's existence, and it makes me hate you for that and for watching it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

If people don't explicitly opt out of jamjars full of mystery fluids then that is what they get every time.

I'm O Negative, people should love getting my fluids.

• Options
    I have a strict opt-in body fluid exchange policy

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

because it is a constant reminder of pro wrestling's existence, and it makes me hate you for that and for watching it

So stop watching it and become a big boy, Abdhy.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Oh Bitcoins how you amuse me. I'm not sure if it is just the name or the people behind it, but either way it raises a smile

Jesus, they're still a thing?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ...I can't remember my blood type. Having it around my neck for a year didn't really help me remember it. The dogtag just made me forget all the information on it.

So if asked my name, country of origin and person number I would have to look at the dog tag then

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

Last i heard, there was a huge bitcoin heist.

But I think you still can't use bitcoins to buy anything of value, so it's essentially a worthless heist...

• Options

Never underestimate the power for people to do stupid things.

• Options

So stop watching it and become a big boy, Abdhy.

no I mean I hate the people who use it for presumably watching pro wrestling

or they don't, but I can't take that chance

all will be put to the sword

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i took a nice, hot shower

i remembered to wake up tumbles to go out beforehand (otherwise she wakes up hearing me in the shower and goes pee on the kitchen floor)

now i'm dressed

so anxious

deep breaths, pip pip, cheerio

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Last i heard, there was a huge bitcoin heist.

But I think you still can't use bitcoins to buy anything of value, so it's essentially a worthless heist...

Glorious.

• Options
    bitcoins are more of a thing than ever

some bitcoin exchange thing got approved for being pay-pal like with all that implies

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    i took a nice, hot shower

i remembered to wake up tumbles to go out beforehand (otherwise she wakes up hearing me in the shower and goes pee on the kitchen floor)

now i'm dressed

so anxious

deep breaths, pip pip, cheerio

You got this, kid.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I can't find pants

have I been sick so long humanity has stopped using pants? because then I wont need pants, otherwise im in trouble

edit: fuck it, old khakis and im not tucking my shirt in

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.