As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Diamond Club [MiniPhalla]: DAY 6 -- Death On The Flop

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    In that case I hope you played Guard on yourself!

so I'm not the only one who asked. glad to see I'm not :)

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    oooOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOoooO

I sooooOOoOoOo would have solved this game...

oooOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOoooO

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    I think all the PMs are out. If you were expecting something and didn't get it, let me know.

After all the cards were played, discarded, shuffled, and dealt, the current deck contains 10 cards.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Hmm, I would've thought more than 2 people would die.

23 players left + 10 cards = 33 total. Unless somebody doesn't have any cards it looks like nobody has 2 at the moment.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Whoops, sorry I missed vote/action close. I guess placeholder on CesareB for now.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Kilnaga

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Anywho, only 2 kills last night is a pretty good thing.
    The more players left in the game, the more cards we have out, the better chances we have of getting a seering, etc. It also makes the game take longer, so the mafia have to hide longer.

Also, since there are the same number of cards in the game as players, it means that there are either:
    a) no roles who can hold more than one card
    or
    b) the players who could hold more than one card used both cards at once last night, and could only draw one today.

• Options
    I'm pretty confident there are roles that can hold more than one card. If there weren't there wouldn't be any point in explicitly stating how many cards are left in the deck and I doubt Gandalf would bother.

• Options
    You're probably right, which means something like B is probably the case.
    Although, I have heard rumors that Gandalf is a little crazed. Who knows what he might do just for fun.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Another possibility behind disclosing how many cards are left is to make it possible for people doing extensive soft networking to figure out which cards might be in play.

If one contacts everyone and gets a response back for every PM that contains the cards held. Assuming no one is lying, that person can then figure out which cards are likely to be dealt out next.

Though it's entirely possible that if a player is removed, any cards they hold are also removed from the game. The OP doesn't state explicitly that the cards held by removed players will be added to the discard pile. So this may be another reason for why we're being told about how many cards are left. Just for shits and giggles because I suspect a CD if this is the case If a player is removed, do any cards they hold get added to the discard pile or are they gone from the game?

Granted the last part of Premium's post could be spot on and our crazed moderator is just giving us fun facts that aren't intended to have any meaning in regards to the game's mechanics.

• Options
    Counting cards will get you thrown out.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I tried to tap my card last night. Nothing happened. Tonight I'll try using it.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i flooped the pig last night!

but nothing happened, i guess.

• Options
    How's the pig doing?

• Options
    it's eating the corn fields, giving my opponent's corn archers terrible stats!

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Another possibility behind disclosing how many cards are left is to make it possible for people doing extensive soft networking to figure out which cards might be in play.

If one contacts everyone and gets a response back for every PM that contains the cards held. Assuming no one is lying, that person can then figure out which cards are likely to be dealt out next.

Though it's entirely possible that if a player is removed, any cards they hold are also removed from the game. The OP doesn't state explicitly that the cards held by removed players will be added to the discard pile. So this may be another reason for why we're being told about how many cards are left. Just for shits and giggles because I suspect a CD if this is the case If a player is removed, do any cards they hold get added to the discard pile or are they gone from the game?

Granted the last part of Premium's post could be spot on and our crazed moderator is just giving us fun facts that aren't intended to have any meaning in regards to the game's mechanics.

Premium is spot-on with regards to my psychology.

However, in this case, I'll clarify that if a player dies, their card heads toward the discard pile.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    In that case, does anybody happen to know from their softnetworking which cards the dead players had yesterday? Might be useful to know which cards are no longer in the deck.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I have the 2 of Hearts and (not 100% sure) of spades.

• Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    In that case, does anybody happen to know from their softnetworking which cards the dead players had yesterday? Might be useful to know which cards are no longer in the deck.

A clarification of the clarification: All cards in the discard pile are shuffled and placed on the bottom of the deck before dealing fresh cards to players with empty hands. So those cards are still in the deck/out among the players, depending on how many cards were played, drawn, etc.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options

A clarification of the clarification: All cards in the discard pile are shuffled and placed on the bottom of the deck before dealing fresh cards to players with empty hands. So those cards are still in the deck/out among the players, depending on how many cards were played, drawn, etc.
    So, assuming hypothetically that everyone started with 1 card, the 8 remaining cards were the first ones to be distributed today?

• Options
    Smasher wrote: »

So, assuming hypothetically that everyone started with 1 card, the 8 remaining cards were the first ones to be distributed today?

Correct.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    OoooooOOOOooooOoo

Well poop

OoooooOOOOooooOoo

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Oh. Cards and numbers! I can count to ten. I'll take a spot on the reserve list.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    cards... AND numbers?

also, blahmcblah, as i'll be out until after vote close.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Stever MUST DIE

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Attention phalla players: when airlines say there will be crunchy onions on their sandwiches, they are lying.

mill

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    cards... AND numbers?

fine. cards with probabilities. I still only need to count to 10...with another circle thingy on the end.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not liking any of the current votes because I don't have anything good to go on in regards to the people be listing. I know I'm not mafia, don't know about the other people, but I don't have anything that makes me suspicious of them either. Sadly, I can't really think of anyone that comes to mind as mafia.

So I have to vote, I'll pick someone that is a relative unknown for me since I'm not talking to them privately and they aren't saying much in the thread. I'll put a vote down on Typhus for now.

• Options
    Does anybody have yesterday's vote record they could post?

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Pft, Mill, how's that for saying something in the thread :P

But seriously, there isn't much info to go on right now so there really aren't any wagons to feel good about right now unless someone lucked out with a seer. The only information I'm sitting on is MrT tried to organize people with hearts, got a fair number of them, and is now dead. If anyone has any result from that, it'd probably be helpful to share.

• Options
    MacallanMacallan Registered User regular
    I've got a weird feeling about Egos.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I got a weird feeling about you also ;-)

• Options
    Typhus seems like a good enough vote for now.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Lucedes for now.*

*Vote not guaranteed to change before vote close

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    @Kilnaga - did you ask for a count?

DAY 2 - 23 Players
    (2) Mill - Baidol, Typhus733
    (2) Typhus733 - Mill, Kilnaga
    (1) CesareB - blahmcblah
    (1) Kilnaga - stever777
    (1) blahmcblah - Lucedes
    (1) stever777 - TheRoadVirus
    (1) Egos - Macallan
    (1) Lucedes - The Anonymous

DAY 1 - 25 Players
    (5) Cythraul - Lucedes, Stever777, SLyM, OminousLozenge, SaberOverEasy
    (4) Baidol - premium, Invictus, Smasher, Cythraul
    (3) premium - TheRoadVirus, Baidol, Macallan
    (3) Mill - KetBra, CesareB, MrTLicious
    (2) KetBra - Mill, Typhus733
    (1) CesareB - Macallan, ObiFett
    (1) SLyM - Kilnaga
    (1) Lucedes - The Anonymous
    (1) Macallan - jdarksun
    (1) stever777 - Egos
    (1) TheRoadVirus - Mikey CTS, MrTLicious
    (0) Smasher - Cythraull
    (0) Smoove Operator - OminousLozenge
    {No votes: Smoove Operator, blahmcblah]

Out
    Cythraul -- Flushed
    MrTLicious -- Sitting this one out

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    I think I'll vote for Kilnaga.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    That is a very evenly spread vote

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    You people and your obsession with ties.

Typhus733

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Gonna throw my support behind Typhus733

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    So. There is a not of "there" there, as far as data. So here is what I have.

I've been poking around the last couple days talking to a few people, and here are my thoughts given the people I've interacted with the most.

I chatted up premium quite a bit yesterday, and he seemed pretty secretive and paranoid. I kind of think this is a product of talking to a bunch of people and having the joker, but if he'd been mafia I guess I would've expected an additional person to die in the night, via joker, assuming it does what he says it does. (this assumes the death last night was the mafia's standard kill)

I've talked to Mill a fair bit, and I don't know him very well, but my read is that he's clean. I don't want to post PMs, of course, but my read on him is that he's clean or playing a pretty aggressive mafia.

Kilnaga and I seem to have established somewhat of a working relationship as well, so I like him.

I have just a couple exchanges of info with several others, most of which were radically inconclusive, but the exchanges I had with TRV bias me ever so slightly in favor of the thought that he is village.

So I have a lot of minor exculpatory thoughts, and no real thoughts about who /is/ mafia. I'll be around for the rest of the evening, so I'll follow the discussion and hope something makes sense, because at this point I would just be picking randomly from everyone I did not name above.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina