As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rock Band]: 4 has been announced! Out this year!

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    pretty much where i'm at. there's like 3 songs in the preorder DLC that I like, and I can spring the extra $24 to support rock band's continued development

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    If you don't preorder, do you not get the songs?

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Everything I'm reading is obfuscated by the usual marketing-speak making it really hard to know for sure, but it sounds like the songs are a pre-order bonus and will be available to purchase separately as regular DLC if you don't pre-order.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    JonBob wrote: »
    Everything I'm reading is obfuscated by the usual marketing-speak making it really hard to know for sure, but it sounds like the songs are a pre-order bonus and will be available to purchase separately as regular DLC if you don't pre-order.

That's how it worked with the pre-order songs for RB4.

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ugh...am I too late on the Rivals Pre Order bonus? I completely forgot about it.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Man, that is an underwhelming list.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I would think that, if it isn't out yet, you could pre-order it. Maybe they are releasing this for those who don't want the expansion? Hard to tell. Today is the last day before launch, so they may just be putting this out there.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Ugh...am I too late on the Rivals Pre Order bonus? I completely forgot about it.

Apparently you've got about 12 hours left:

• Options
    Thanks; I now I'm buying about 7 songs from that pack so I am saving a bit of cash. My wife lately has been picking up the Mic so maybe this'll be a decent surprise for her.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Well, Rivals has been bought. To be honest, between my wife and I, at least one of us likes almost every song in that pack, so I would have paid $16 for it. So to me, I'm only spending $14 for Rivals.

• Options
    On the Xbox one store, it isn't showing as a pre-order. I'm guessing from that tweet that it is still being offered as a bonus. At least I hope so.

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Well, Rivals is downloaded and on my hard drive, but hasn't been picked up or detected by the game. My guess is that the content update for RB4 that allows the use of Rivals hasn't been downloaded to my box yet, but my XB1 says there are no updates available. So that's annoying. No Rivals play for me tonight, I guess.

Edit: Restarting my console did the trick.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    AGH...RL got in the way and couldn't preorder the thing. Now I'm actually wondering if I want to buy Rivals.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    There's a Rock Band companion app which you are going to download because, let's face it, we are hopeless addicts to this game.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Amazon changed my delivery date to Thursday :(

• Options
    Rock band companion app? Do tell.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Micropayments!

• Options
    Nitsua wrote: »
    Rock band companion app? Do tell.

It has Awesomeness Detection!

jrwi98qt7lnz.png

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So, I purchased this last night on my Xbox one as a pre-order (since it was not available for use after purchase) and I do not have the 15 song pack that should have been included. I definitely purchased it within the 11 hours left window given in that tweet. Anyone else have the same issue? I want to see if there is something I can do in my system before I go and complain to them directly.

Edit: I just made a twitter account and put a reply to that message over this. Let's see what happens.

Edit 2: well, that was interesting. I made sure to check my manage game section multiple times before coming here and also going to twitter - but, Rockband replies to me and it's there. Nice.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Amazon changed my delivery date to Thursday :(

Yeah mine got pushed to tomorrow. Two weeks in a row they have botched a release day delivery.

• Options
    I already don't have any time to play video games, let alone Rock Band. Then my wife goes ahead and decided to have our second child two weeks early yesterday ensuring that I definitely don't have any time to play anytime soon.

I still preordered Rivals anyways to at least support Harmonix for giving me awesome games over quite a few years now. Just got back from the hospital and downloaded everything. When the drum adapter comes out, I will try to carve out sometime to play now and then.

Rock On!

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Amazon delivered my copy yesterday morning. I haven't had time to try it yet, but have friends coming over Saturday night so it'll certainly see some play by then.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Started playing the Rockumentary. Holy crap, there's a lot of FMV in this. I'm PRETTY STOKED about that.

• Options
    oh hell yeah FMV i had no idea i'm hyped up now

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I can't access any of the new songs. The store says they're purchased and in my library, but they're not showing up in quickplay.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I have two questions about those XPs you can collect now: it seems like my wife doesn't get any XP, while I do, although she also played in Hard difficulty and usually got about the same percentage as me. Her account is local only; she isn't a PS+ member.

1) Does she need to have a PS+ account and online access in order to make XP?
    2) If not, what does she need? Does she have to have some sort of Rock Band-specific account?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I'm just such a long time fan and so glad that they made these games in the first place that I'm ok spending money on it every now and then, even if I rarely play it.

I don't even know what's in this Rivals thing, is there a good career mode or something?

• Options
    Thirith wrote: »
    I have two questions about those XPs you can collect now: it seems like my wife doesn't get any XP, while I do, although she also played in Hard difficulty and usually got about the same percentage as me. Her account is local only; she isn't a PS+ member.

1) Does she need to have a PS+ account and online access in order to make XP?
    2) If not, what does she need? Does she have to have some sort of Rock Band-specific account?

I don't think she needs PS+, but her account probably needs to be converted to a PSN account from local-only. All of the stuff on Xbox is tied to signing in with XBL accounts, so I figure it's the same deal over on PS4.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. Seeing me getting all these experience points while she gets zilch can be a drag.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I didn't see anybody talking about making a Crew, but I made one for Xbox and named it "Move Minor Standard" because I am completely unoriginal and that was in the first PA comic search result for Rock Band. Feel free to join, or tell me if you have an established crew and I'll leave my group of just-me.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Not VH1 Behind the Music is excellent.

Sending taunts to people when you beat their score is also excellent.

I agree with Perssun that there should be a PA crew, but shouldn't we call it Wang Chung?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    To Live and Die in PA - a Penny Arcade Wang Chung tribute crew

https://youtu.be/bf4x36XKhsM

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Sultans of Schwing?

• Options
    Wyng Stallyns

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    I am in for a xbox crew! Regardless of name.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2016
    Sultans of SchWang?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Everyone's on Xbox huh? No PS4 crew :(

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Everyone's on Xbox huh? No PS4 crew :(

We can be lonely PS4 people together. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //