As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I finally got a Wii!...Now what?

13»

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anyone try Super Swing Golf or Tiger Woods? I'm not really into golf, but for whatever reason the Golf game on Sports is my wifes favorite, so I was thinking of renting one of the two.

Thoughts?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My plan is to head off to Best Buy tonight, post-work, to get some sort of Wiicharger (sorry) and the new router. I'm thinking of going the wire/wireless hybrid method, if possible. And adaptor per computer is a bit too much at the moment, and I can cope with keeping the wire I already have.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    ModainModain Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Golden Leg wrote: »
    I strongly recommend you checking out Madden '07. The experience is so much more fun than other iterations. At least give it a rent. Multiplayer is a blast.

I second that. This game doesn't get enough love around here.

Modain on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Modain wrote: »
    I strongly recommend you checking out Madden '07. The experience is so much more fun than other iterations. At least give it a rent. Multiplayer is a blast.

Third'd. I know a lot of people here don't like sports games, but if you do at all it's worth checking out. The motion controls add *a lot* to the experience. I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer with anyone yet, but just from playing through a season I'm sure it'd be hella fun.

twmjr on
  • Options
    SolSol Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    twmjr wrote: »

Third'd. I know a lot of people here don't like sports games, but if you do at all it's worth checking out. The motion controls add *a lot* to the experience. I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer with anyone yet, but just from playing through a season I'm sure it'd be hella fun.

I dunno I liked it but I have some problems Juking.

Sol on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sol wrote: »

I got juking down okay, except sometimes I got a little excitable and just ended up waggling all over. My biggest thing is not being able to get the big hits by shoving the controllers forward.

twmjr on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Then learn to juke right.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    SolSol Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I got juking down okay, except sometimes I got a little excitable and just ended up waggling all over. My biggest thing is not being able to get the big hits by shoving the controllers forward.

I can do that pretty good, I remember when I nailed getting picks just right I felt all bad.

Sol on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Okay, I made the decision to keep the wired router and instead get one a WifiMax, which connects to my computer directly and theoretically makes it a Wifi access point. I'm not entirely positive it's working right, though. According to my computer, the signal strength is only around 23%. Also, how long does a Wii Status upgrade take? It's already been almost 10 minutes.

EmperorSeth on
  • Options
    YrielYriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hi all,

I would recommend getting Bleach and Naruto Wii. However, Im not so sure if the US Wiis can play it yet.

Yriel on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They'll come to US, for sure, seeing the popularity of the anime in US. So better to just wait until they're properly localized.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Now I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a station or access point. I think I'm overcomplicating this.

EmperorSeth on
  • Options
    MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Promethane wrote: »
    i didnt like Rayman. there is not enough variety in the mini games, and the plunger shooting game was lame IMO.

The minigames are a bit samey, but they are still fun for some party gaming.

However, the plunger shooting is super-awesome. Especially in two-player mode.

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Now I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a station or access point. I think I'm overcomplicating this.
    The WiFI Max wireless adapter is only a access point. Honestly I think you should take it back to the store spend an extra 20 or so and get a wireless router. I found it more of a pain to get it working and keep it working than it should be.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It's a little late tonight. And now I'm getting worried. Somehow, I got either it or some other access point with the same name in the area working. Once it got a "connection," or whatever it got, it asked for a system update, and I agreed. It's been at bar 1 for a good half hour now, and they're warning me not to turn the system off!

EmperorSeth on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Look, all I need for tonight is if I would be better off leaving the thing on to perpetually update all night, or if I can safely turn it off or reset it. I don't know what leaving the thing on in active mode for almost twelve hours would do, either. Tomorrow morning, I'll try calling the company that makes this damn thing, and if that doesn't help, I may have no choice but to reset it...

EmperorSeth on