As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to Babby's First [Weight Loss & Fitness] thread!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That's kind of what I figured. I'll duct tape them tonight and maybe just swap out a pair of heels for flats.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Gah, I am jealous of the people I know here in Japan that have access to a real gym.

Talking to my friend last night he just hit a new personal best of benching 115kg.

My gym caps at 50kg. I am getting pretty darn close to the point where I think I should start bulking, but I don't know if my gym has the equipment to make that worth doing.

I could maybe try going out to their gym but it is really far away, like over 40 minute drive one way. Gah, at least in 4 months I will be back in LA and have easy access to good gyms again.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    First gym session tonight after am elongated break and meltdown.

Felt good. But also so much cramping. I seriously can't wait to get to the doctor and get rid of this iud.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Aww man in a last ditch hope I left my workout gear in my suitcase but

This morning my toes hurt like crazy! Good news is they aren't any more swollen than they were, so I think it's just hell of jammed or sprained or whatever.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I'd just like to say, I hope it isn't a sprain! I really, really do. Cause I've already gone three months with this sprained ankle and now that I've got a 'boot' for it it'll be another two months!

Yaaaayy... -_-

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    i fucking scratched my eyeball
    now I cant go running because i cant run in my fucking glasses and i cant wear my contacts wit hmy scratched eyeball

damnit

damnittt > : O

• Options
    Get one of those cool kid straps to hold your glasses on?

That sucks. Please be careful of your eyes!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Lift weights.

I do it all the time with one eye.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Had an 8 mile run yesterday at a 9 min pace, which is probably my best run in a long time.

Weirdly enough I haven't been running as much as I use to, but I been devoting my time more to yoga and strenght training, which seems to have helped me out. Yay progress.

• Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    Lift weights.

That's why we call you Eye-one man, aka Tony Stronk, head of Stronk Industries, certified genius, billionaire playboy, accompanied by your sassy assistance Pepper 'overhead' Press.

• Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    Lift weights.

That's why we call you Eye-one man, aka Tony Stronk, head of Stronk Industries, certified genius, billionaire playboy, accompanied by your sassy assistance Pepper 'overhead' Press.

Does this stuff just pop into your head?

Because it is gold.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    See now I was going to go with Dick Fury but yours was better.

• Options
    Lift weights.

Does this stuff just pop into your head?

Because it is gold.

Unsolicited nonsense is my speciality.

• Options
    You know who else had one eye?

Odin.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Today is a run day but I guess we'll see how long it takes for these dilating eyedrops to wear off because it is bright as fuck outside.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Well then...
    XDm2sSE.jpg

Been to both a Podiatrist as well as an Orthopedic Center, and I should be on track for getting my ankle taken care of. I'll be in a boot for at least another four weeks, as per the Orthopedics orders. The Podiatrist was going to have me wait nine weeks, but I've been prescribed Meloxicam.

Now the Orthopedist I saw apparently works with many athletes, so he was actually rather encouraging about getting me back to lifting. He told me I should be able to perform upper-body movements without any difficulty, and benchpressing as long as I avoid doing it in a powerlifting style.

Are there any good upper-body "programs" I could follow for these four weeks, that use only a barbell and dumbbells? So many of the ones you see assume you have access to machines.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Oh sweet zombie Jesus. I got froggy and alternated sled pushes with tire hammering on Saturday and now the DOMS in my obliques is just ridiculous. And I'm realizing just how often you turn during the day.

• Options
    My one toe popped back in on Saturday or something and is totally fine now. But my pinkie hurts like hell still and is way swollen. Lame. Literally and figuratively.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I think doing this three times a week for four weeks should get me back into the right mindset again.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row
    20 lb x 5 reps
    20 lb x 5 reps
    30 lb x 6 reps
    30 lb x 6 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps

Dumbbell Bench Press
    20 lb x 5 reps
    20 lb x 5 reps
    30 lb x 6 reps
    30 lb x 6 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps (PR)

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    20 lb x 5 reps
    20 lb x 5 reps
    30 lb x 8 reps
    30 lb x 8 reps
    30 lb x 12 reps
    30 lb x 12 reps (PR)

Dumbbell Shrug
    20 lb x 5 reps
    20 lb x 8 reps
    20 lb x 8 reps
    20 lb x 8 reps (PR)

Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps Extension
    20 lb x 10 reps
    20 lb x 10 reps (PR)

Dumbbell Bicep Curl
    20 lb x 5 reps
    20 lb x 5 reps
    20 lb x 10 reps
    20 lb x 10 reps

Seated Dumbbell Palms-Up Wrist Curl
    5 lb x 12 reps
    5 lb x 12 reps (PR)

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    Whelp, time to get back into the groove. The wife and I went to on Vacation to Mexico last week. One of those all inclusive deals. I pretty much ate pizza and french fries every day for 7 days, for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was eggs, hashbrowns and waffles.

Don't judge me.

Anyway, gym efforts resume tonight. I am both looking forward to it, and dreading it. No idea how much weight I've put on yet. I don't really want to get on a scale.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Kor wrote: »
    Whelp, time to get back into the groove. The wife and I went to on Vacation to Mexico last week. One of those all inclusive deals. I pretty much ate pizza and french fries every day for 7 days, for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was eggs, hashbrowns and waffles.

Don't judge me.

Anyway, gym efforts resume tonight. I am both looking forward to it, and dreading it. No idea how much weight I've put on yet. I don't really want to get on a scale.

That's the kind of week you come back from and set PRs on all your lifts.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    24 minute 5k tonight. Now that I've finally cut down to the time I was at last year, I can finally... cut down even more time and try to get even better! 20 minutes here I come!

• Options
    Jealoussss

My small toe and the foot bone it attaches to are still too painful to comfortably wear shoes all day, let alone run. Ow and balls. I'm bringing my running shoes to Chicago in the hopes that I recover fully in the next day.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Jealoussss

My small toe and the foot bone it attaches to are still too painful to comfortably wear shoes all day, let alone run. Ow and balls. I'm bringing my running shoes to Chicago in the hopes that I recover fully in the next day.

Sucks :( Really glad that all I managed to do was lose a couple inches of skin, don't need my elbows to run.

• Options
    Trying to get to a low enough body fat percentage to have a visible six pack. But I am getting pretty darn freaked out at how much my arm veins bulge out these days when I lift things. I guess it just comes with the territory? But it is making me not want to pursue this path kind of.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Brah, you totally need to work on your vascularity. Get the pump going. What's your pre-workout routine? You taking a vaso-dilator? Gotta get the pump. :)

It just comes from the increased blood pressure in your arms as you're working out. Lowering your body fat will make your veins more visible. And drink more water. The less water you are retaining, the more visible the veins are.

• Options
    I think I am pretty good on the water front. Glass of water in the morning, 2L thermos over the course of work, 2-3 glasses over the course of the evening before going to bed. Plus a cup of coffee or two over the course of the day.

Good to know it's nothing to really worry about though. Guess I am just not used to being able to see my veins in such a way.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    tuesday i start with my personal trainer

wish me luck yo

• Options
    Kick some ass Kochi!

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I hit my weight goal in time for my birthday at the end of last month, but I am not as happy as I thought I would be. I still have way more fat on my stomach then I wanted but my body is refusing to get rid of it. My overall percent body fat is pretty low but it refuses to come off my stomach. I can live without a six pack but it sucks to have a gut while also being pretty thin. So I guess since I am going to cut back on my running and start doing strength training. Probably without weights, at least for a while as I have no gym access.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    24 minute 5k tonight. Now that I've finally cut down to the time I was at last year, I can finally... cut down even more time and try to get even better! 20 minutes here I come!

god i'd be pretty happy with sub-30 mins. I am the slowest runner, it's me.

at least I can go forever. You know. Slowly.

anyway I wandered in because i haven't had a run since sunday, due to working from 8am till midnight every day. But the weather has been good so at least I've been cycling.
    who's gonna do a 10km run on good friday. me, that's who.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You know the thing I hate most about starting back up exercise after not having done it in a while.

The initial weight gain you get from the increased muscle mass. Even though I know about it, still has that psychological effect on me.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I finally decided to buckle down and go on an actual diet to try to lose all this hideous, disgusting flab.

So after 4 weeks I am now down 14 lbs and on track. It feels good but I know that psychologically at any time it will fall apart and I will starting eating crap again. Fortunately, the myfitnesspal app has really helped in this regard, because as well as actually letting me know what my calorie goals should be, it has made each day into a sort of game where I try to figure out what I can eat while not going over my calorie count. Fun times. The cutting out of bread and desert for the most part has also helped. Cheat day tomorrow though.

I am also switching from heavy weights to lighter weights with more reps for awhile. Hopefully that helps a bit with toning and whatnot. Plus it's finally biking season so I can now go out and do that a few times a week, weather willing.

Although I still need to see a doctor about my wrist and the potential displacement or loss of a tendon, or whatever the fuck is going on in there. It's definitely better, but it still clicks out from time to time and takes a few minutes to pop back in. But at least I'll have insurance soon.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I'm glad things are going so well for you! However, muscle tone, unless you're talking about the muscle's resistance to passive stretch during resting state, is a myth. If you want your muscles to look "toned", you just have to keep reducing body fat, and lighter sets aren't necessarily the best way to go about that.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Going out cycling makes me wish we had better bike lanes.

Having been in Amsterdam and Vienna/Innsbruck and seeing bike lanes everywhere it makes me super jealous.

Bike lanes here are built into bus lanes so there's always a double decker bus chasing you or going around you.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Wife and I got fit bits. Hoping it'll help keep me on the straight and narrow.

Hardest thing for me is not binge eating. After I eat, I just have this empty feeling in my gut, and I don't know if it's physical or psychological, so I just eat and eat.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Hardest thing for me is not binge eating. After I eat, I just have this empty feeling in my gut, and I don't know if it's physical or psychological, so I just eat and eat.

Did has been my thing too, like unless I just get a crapload of stuff I never truly feel full.

So, really, I'm just decided instead of trying to force myself to say on a three meal diet, I work my diet around the way I usually eat.

Meaning that, I'm eating lighter breakfast, lunches, and dinners and snacking on a lot of fruits and vegetables in between. I'm also drinking more water.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Whoop whoop! Did my two miles today without even noticing my toe! We are back in the game, baby!

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    running giving me blisters on a part of my feet. annoying, guess I'll stick to lifting heavy things until they go away. it's probably something to do with my shoes since they are not the best.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Did has been my thing too, like unless I just get a crapload of stuff I never truly feel full.

So, really, I'm just decided instead of trying to force myself to say on a three meal diet, I work my diet around the way I usually eat.

Meaning that, I'm eating lighter breakfast, lunches, and dinners and snacking on a lot of fruits and vegetables in between. I'm also drinking more water.

Yeah, the app having a food journal is really helpful.

I feel like I haven't had anything to eat and then I look at the journal and realize oh man I've had 1100 calories so far!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.