As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey! Hey! You! You! I think you need a new [Dating Thread]

StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice,To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
Dates.

Everybody goes on 'em, am I right?

Okay, maybe you don't. Maybe you're still looking and having a hard time finding your happy ending.

Let us help you with that. Do you have an OkCupid? Post it, we'll make it better!

Or maybe you're already dating someone, but things are complicated, and you've got problems or questions. We can (hopefully) help you there too!

Or maybe you have that special sk8er boi already and he is the best damn thing and you just want to gloat about it. What the hell, I can't stop you.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    you're not rolo

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    excuse me I heard we had a new bating thread??

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Guys my project at work (and thus my job) ends tomorrow and I am going to ask out the coworker I have had a crush on for a while now and I am so dang nervous

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    bluuuuuuuugh dating thread how do I meet people???

I've tried the online dating thing but it seems like the websites for my area are pretty barren in my age group - most people seem to be late 20s or higher, and I don't want to date that much older. I'm not really into meeting guys at bars, and my group of friends is really tight and doesn't have any handsome gentlemen on the outskirts that dating/breaking up with would not rock its foundations. My city is just awful for meeting people ahhhhh!!

I tried picking up swing dancing and I met some people there, but it's hard to get a group of people to go to dances since most of my lady friends are no longer single and guys will go for like, half an hour before demanding to go get drunk. I just want to kiss pretty boys how is this so HARD

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    man if you can't dance drunk you are doing something wrong

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Guys my project at work (and thus my job) ends tomorrow and I am going to ask out the coworker I have had a crush on for a while now and I am so dang nervous

do you think she knows you crushin?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    since school, my college and work has been fairly male dominated, if it wasn't for nights out on the booze I don't know where I'd be

• Options
    Mysst wrote: »

Unfortunately, the only places that run swing dancing here are in churches with no liquor licenses, so they only have alcohol on hand on rare occasions. I've heard of similar events going on at bars for Latin/Salsa dancing though, I might have to check that out! It's basically $5 for an hour-long lesson and then a social dance where you just practice with other people and get spun in circles until like 3 in the morning.

Steam
  • Options
    I say go do the salsa dancing cause you can take that shit to the club

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

Unfortunately, the only places that run swing dancing here are in churches with no liquor licenses, so they only have alcohol on hand on rare occasions. I've heard of similar events going on at bars for Latin/Salsa dancing though, I might have to check that out! It's basically $5 for an hour-long lesson and then a social dance where you just practice with other people and get spun in circles until like 3 in the morning.

dancing sober in a church

sounds like a dream

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Ugh like probably

I am not that subtle, and we've been working in the same room for months now

• Options

dancing sober in a church

sounds like a dream

It's actually pretty fun! They just use the church because it's a big hall and like 150-200 people show up every week to go. It's a decent way to meet people, but a lot of the people who show up are already couples, unfortunately.

Steam
  • Options
    Yo Cello

How old are you and where you at

But in a not creepy way, just to give advice

Seriously though, asl

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Yo Cello

How old are you and where you at

But in a not creepy way, just to give advice

Seriously though, asl

I'm a 23-year-old lady in Ontario. The dating scene here just plain sssssssucks, it's mostly either students still in uni or people who are way older and are like, 10 years into their careers.

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I got dumped last night for reasons that were entirely on her end, the day after a date that was almost entirely perfect. Talk about whiplash.
    I'm really confused and miserable about fifteen hours after the fact, but it was amicable enough and we're still friends. She's the absolute best person I've ever dated to this point, but I figure I'm young and the whole fish in the sea thing should hold true.

• Options
    I do think you're on the right track with the dancing then, like, hobbies and activities are the way to meet people. If you got anything else similar you could try, I say go with that as well.

And I know it is a total cesspool sometimes, but OkCupid has seriously given a lot of folks good results, and is worth a shot.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I love nosying at OKCupid profiles of people on here.

And following you home from work/rootling through your bins. General stalky stuff, ya know.

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I love nosying at OKCupid profiles of people on here.

And following you home from work/rootling through your bins. General stalky stuff, ya know.

look if you really want to dig through my garbage just come on in and clean out the catbox for me anyway. you can even have the canned food in the pantry I'm not eating

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I've got an OKC profile but there's no way in hell I'm showing it to you silly buggers

that seems remarkably ill-advised

• Options

Ugh like probably

I am not that subtle, and we've been working in the same room for months now

oooooOOOOOoooo!!

well good luck with it, man

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Oh, right, if you want to look at my (currently pretty shit) profile, have a peek:

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Qu3tzi

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i could write essays and poems and songs on why i am in love with my girlfriend

she's just

oh my goodness i've never met anyone so incredible

thanks for giving me a thread to say it in quetz

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    oh are we linking profiles

feels good to change your status to "seeing someone"

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mrwizardjenkins

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I made an OKCupid about a year ago and answered some of the question things. A couple weeks ago I actually put some words into the descriptions and profile and shit. I figure I'll get pictures on it and work up the guts to start sending messages from it shortly before the heat death of the universe.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    i actually forgot i had an okcupid profile right now

it's unfinished and i should probably just suspend it

• Options
    it's really dumb to me that okcupid made seeing people who rate you highly an A list feature

lemme at them shy girls

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I suspended my OKcupid a few weeks ago. I don't plan on bringing it back, really.

I'm just going to give dating a break for a few months until I get to college. Unless my shiny new ex decides to reverse our amicable breakup. Which I somehow doubt.

• Options
    I do think you're on the right track with the dancing then, like, hobbies and activities are the way to meet people. If you got anything else similar you could try, I say go with that as well.

And I know it is a total cesspool sometimes, but OkCupid has seriously given a lot of folks good results, and is worth a shot.

Yeah, I've had some weird, weird messages on there. Even when I use filters to at least make it so the weird messages come from people in my age group. I might try it again someday, but probably not until I'm in my late 20s or at least in an area where there's way more people my age using it. For now, between the gross stuff I get from PUAs and guys who are barely concealing their future status as stalkers it's just... not worth it.

Steam
  • Options

Yeah, I've had some weird, weird messages on there. Even when I use filters to at least make it so the weird messages come from people in my age group. I might try it again someday, but probably not until I'm in my late 20s or at least in an area where there's way more people my age using it. For now, between the gross stuff I get from PUAs and guys who are barely concealing their future status as stalkers it's just... not worth it.

Is it possible to report creeps?

• Options
    i did not meet my girlfriend on okcupid though

made some nice internet friends on the other hand

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    man I've been steady with my sk8er girl for 4 and a half years and just thinking about straightzi asking a girl out was making me blush

feel like I am all grown and a goofy teen at the same time

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Liiya wrote: »

Is it possible to report creeps?

I don't know if there are any official channels but I would not be surprised if there's a blog out there just for posting pictures of OKC creeps

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I have thought about reactivating my okc account but god dammit there were so many weirdos last time

can't I just meet someone normally

answer appears to be no

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    oh dang, just logged into OKC and I have two whole messages waiting for me

weird

• Options
    I have thought about reactivating my okc account but god dammit there were so many weirdos last time

answer appears to be no

lady profile okcupid is a strange and horrifying place

i always try to keep that in mind when someone vanishes

• Options
    I come off vaguely formal when I message on OKC, cause somewhere in my formative years certain ways of writing stuck

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I have had a lot of successful dates from OkC. First dates only though, apparently. But that's just me being awful, I assume.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

I don't know if there are any official channels but I would not be surprised if there's a blog out there just for posting pictures of OKC creeps

I'm sure you're right, its pretty awful that you have to wade through so much crap - and how its just an expected part of online dating.

• Options

answer appears to be no

man i would struggle to write a message to you for days, sure that each revision wasn't good enough

and even then it would just drown in the sea of guys trying to get at that WaM

lfYVHTd.png
This discussion has been closed.