Options

Hey! Hey! You! You! I think you need a new [Dating Thread]

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I missed this thread so much.

I went my first OKC date recently. It was kind of awkward, but not for any particular reason. We just didn't click, you know?
    After my date left, I had already decided I wouldn't be calling her back, and I think that was mutual. But there was another girl at the bar hanging out by herself. I thought it would be a little skeazy to go and talk to another girl right after I just had a date, so I decided just to start biking home.
    Turns out she was leaving at about the same time on her bike. We started talking as we were unlocking our bikes, and had a really nice conversation. It only lasted about three minutes though. By the end of the conversation, she was definitely trying to get me to go for more drinks with her, but having being completely socially inept (also I had work in the morning), I declined.

As I was riding off, I was so pissed at myself for not even asking for her number.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    all the people I like are either in different time zones, seeing someone else, way too busy for me, or ALL THREE

the few times recently I've been asked out in person, I just turn them down automatically. there's something really nerve-wracking about someone being an accessible person to date

I'm trying to say yes more often, just to confront how very badly it unnerves me. It's like immersion therapy!

I've only ever been asked out a few times. Which is too bad, because of those two times in person I've said yes. Come on boys! It's 50:50 odds right now!

I used to assume it was just that there was something wrong with me or I was unattractive in some way. But based on drunken conversations with my guy friends and picking up on more clues, I think maybe I just intimidate them? Or I'm too subtle with my attentions, assuming that they'll actually pick up on them. So I'm trying to steel my resolve and start putting myself out there. Maybe if I try to actually be the person who initiates things, guys will get my hints. We'll see!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Also, I ended up accidentally calling the girl I talked to a tool.

Whoops

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Guys my project at work (and thus my job) ends tomorrow and I am going to ask out the coworker I have had a crush on for a while now and I am so dang nervous

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I know exactly how you feel. I got a new job end of last year and had a crush on a coworker pretty much since then. Asked her out couple of days ago and she said yes. Now I only have to wait til I am back from my 3 week vacation to actually go on the date :).

What I am saying is - do it! Now!

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Every 3 or 4 months I'll remember "Oh Man I'm loney I need to find somebody to smooch!" Then I just hit on everybody and okcupid like crazy for like two weeks and I either get bored or tired of the rejection and go back to just living my life.

This is my pattern as well. It hasn't really worked out, but I'm content with my single life, so whatevs

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    im a gross shitlord lets fuck????????????????????????????????????????

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    im a gross shitlord lets fuck????????????????????????????????????????

might want to work on your pickup lines

try

im currently stewing in my own sweat and piss want to go out for a drink?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I've my eye on one girl from around town. Think she's outta my league, but got chatting to her last week anyway so foot in the door

FAQ on
  • Options
    outta your league what is this

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Its a big place crwth

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    all the people I like are either in different time zones, seeing someone else, way too busy for me, or ALL THREE

WaM I didn't know you felt this way about- damn it @Liiya

• Options
    i think you got what it takes to woo any woman faq

maybe even the queen of ireland herself

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I guess here is my profile or whatever
    I haven't reworked it in a while but I got some solid messages here and there!

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/ProjectGR

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    FAQ, if you're feeling a little nervous about your flirting and wooing techniques, you can practice on me if you like.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    outta your league what is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4mbxaa3XL8

good fucking god they play this song a lot on the radio

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Having not had a relationship for 4 years I think I'm comfortable as a single 24 year old now.

I don't really feel the urge to get into a relationship either, oddly enough. It's like a complete 180 to me as a teenager.

• Options
    quote="crwth;27143325"]i think you got what it takes to woo any woman faq

maybe even the queen of ireland herself[/quote]

I think you have to defeat some kind of goblin for that

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I am no OKC pro

but I would suggest maybe looking into a different main pic? the second and third pics you have are pretty good and fun for second and third pics, but the first one is just so dark

like it's a nice picture but maybe not for the first one people see

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

I am no OKC pro

but I would suggest maybe looking into a different main pic? the second and third pics you have are pretty good and fun for second and third pics, but the first one is just so dark

Thanks! Done
    I don't have a whole lot of photos of myself so it's tricky sometimes

• Options
    FAQ wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    i think you got what it takes to woo any woman faq

maybe even the queen of ireland herself

I think you have to defeat some kind of goblin for that

the goblin

is your insecurities

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    I come off vaguely formal when I message on OKC, cause somewhere in my formative years certain ways of writing stuck

shorty, you and me, brother

also KABAM! feast your eyes: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Frocissus

I need more and better pictures

Nice smile dude!
    Not gonna lie, you look 15 years old in those photos. Maybe grow some stubble?

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

I am no OKC pro

Thanks! Done
    I don't have a whole lot of photos of myself so it's tricky sometimes

Ya, I know how it is lacking some quality candids that are also flattering

but the one you have now is handsome and you are more visible in it so thumbs up!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

WaM I didn't know you felt this way about- damn it @Liiya

Next time, grasshopper!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Leaving in a few minutes, if I don't drop dead from anxiety first

I don't know how you people do this dating thing!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @Grey Ghost paragraph some of that text, its hard to get through when its a solid chunk and it is worth reading.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    shots.

lots of shots.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I don't know how well that would go over with already feeling like puking everywhere

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    you got this babe

you're my spirit animal

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Have you considered bringing your kitties with you?

If your date asks you about them, you can say that they are your chatperones. (Chat-purr-ones, if you're really feisty.)

And if he doesn't get it, you can just leave.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    After my last exam for the semester today, I'm meeting @HyperBallad for drinks and general celebrations

I'll probably make a long-winded declaration of love in this thread afterwards because I really do love her so damn much and I am so lucky to have her in my life.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    depressedslob85 here

• Options
    Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    I've been thinking I should resurrect my OKC profile, but I'm moving to the other side of the continent in August so dating people near me seems a bit pointless. So now I'm wondering if would be a good idea to start messaging people in the area I'm moving to and being all "hey, you seem cool, want to show me cool stuff in the city when I get there?".

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    After my last exam for the semester today, I'm meeting @HyperBallad for drinks and general celebrations

I'll probably make a long-winded declaration of love in this thread afterwards because I really do love her so damn much and I am so lucky to have her in my life.

This is the way I feel about Sier.

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I've been thinking I should resurrect my OKC profile, but I'm moving to the other side of the continent in August so dating people near me seems a bit pointless. So now I'm wondering if would be a good idea to start messaging people in the area I'm moving to and being all "hey, you seem cool, want to show me cool stuff in the city when I get there?".

that's a great idea, in my opinion

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The first date I went on with this girl I am now seeing exclusively was Tuesday Trivia with a bunch of people from these here boards. She had a blast. I was similarly blasted.

@Shorty @Usagi @Tonkka

• Options
    I also feel it prudent to mention that I spent a lot of time haunting the DnD Dating thread with the belief that I'd probably never really find anyone who'd hit all the right buttons for me, then lo and behold a year later I reactivate my OkC profile and whoops no turns out I was wrong.

Never stop believing, people. If there's hope for me, there's hope for everybody.

• Options
    If Hacksaw is off the market, then why bother even getting out of bed in the late afternoon?

• Options
    Because bed sores are awful?

Seriously bed sores are so bad. Please do everything you can to avoid them.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I met my current girlfriend via plenty of fish. I'm super in love with her and its been going great. Like its to the point where I think if we're together and still this happy when I graduate I'm going to purpose

This discussion has been closed.