As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox Live Thread] - go to the new thread!

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Didn't they spent something like $300 million dollars on this controller? Cause this controller is utter fucking trash. KI is near unplayable. If I was playing this are a turvy, I would be automatically disqualified at least 10 times because of random disconnections. Hell, one time the damn controller wouldn't sync with the console and of course there's no sync button on the console I could find so I had to dig up a USB cable to plug it in to the console.

Fuck me, I s excited for the $150 controller.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Didn't they spent something like $300 million dollars on this controller? Cause this controller is utter fucking trash. KI is near unplayable. If I was playing this are a turvy, I would be automatically disqualified at least 10 times because of random disconnections. Hell, one time the damn controller wouldn't sync with the console and of course there's no sync button on the console I could find so I had to dig up a USB cable to plug it in to the console.

Fuck me, I s excited for the $150 controller.

o_o

9164d019-fe67-4d55-bd6d-f4a4db3d513f.png?n=one-console-connect-button-m.png

Source

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Oh fuck me!

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Is it too much trouble to use a USB cable?

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Your controller problems don't seem to be the typical experience. Certainly not for me.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    You probably need to update the controller. The instructions were posted last page.

• Options
    I updated the controller firmware and yes it is a hassle to use a usb because I'm projecting the game to a 135 inch screen and the usb would have to go behind me and be about 8 feet long.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'd say to try and resolve give this a shot

1. Connect the play and charge cable to the side USB slot. Go to settings and update the firmware on the controller
    2. Follow the steps to wirelessly sync the controller to the Xbox if cabled controller is not feasible.

If you are still suffering controller lag and such see if a friend can bring his controller over and if his has the same issue. If thats the case then contact MS for a replacement controller as its probably in warrenty...or see if the shop you bought it from will allow a swap.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My controller sometimes disconnects if it's not pointed towards the console. I cross my legs every now and then, and if my leg is in front of my controller it temporarily disconnects.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I have never experienced a controller disconnect that wasn't the battery dying.

Not to say other people don't, but I believe that indicates broken hardware and is not a result of normal operation.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Yeah, the xb1 controller isn't 'trash'. Kinda sounds like yours is defective. I can stand in another room and both of mine work fine.

Even seeing an issue of it dropping sync if not pointed at the xbox seems like an odd issue

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'll have my controller randomly desync, but I do have my xbox behind a pillar in my apt. Usually I just turn a tad more toward it and it resynchronizes immediately.

Basically it's because I have my xbox behind something and I am totally slouching on the couch. So it really works out to keep me from slouching.

It's killed me once or twice in titanfall, but it is pretty atypical to happen at all.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    My controller sometimes disconnects if it's not pointed towards the console. I cross my legs every now and then, and if my leg is in front of my controller it temporarily disconnects.

This happens with the little remote for me. Thing's gotta be pointed right at the console to work.

Controllers are fine for me (except for my guide button issues with the pack in, which I explained before).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    See, the problem is that the controller doesn't use IR or anything. I shouldn't need direct line of sight for this thing to work properly. I don't have my Xbox One next to a microwave that's on or inside a lead box or anything. I mean, come on, I used the Xbox 360 controllers for like 10 years straight without any issues like this. I highly doubt we didn't make any advances in wireless connectivity or there's some kind of tech that went missing during the development of the Bone.

Though, I think the issue is isolated to KI cause I just played Destiny for a few hours straight with no issues.

• Options
    I can take my controller upstairs and it still works. (I have learned this during Destiny bio breaks).

Your controller is broken, get a replacement.

• Options
    Anyone tried out Elite: Dangerous or The Long Dark in early access(called game preview on Live)?

I like that they allow that. Maybe we will see more stuff that previously may have been Steam only

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I haven't downloaded a trial yet. I only wonder if it's timed like creator's content games used to be. I also think that this preview thing is more a step toward the whole "it's a dev-kit, make your own stuff" thing.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Not trials, paid early access.

You own the game but it is unfinished.

Elite is roughly half off, so a nice discount if you don't mind basically waiting out the Beta period.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Not trials, paid early access.

You own the game but it is unfinished.

Elite is roughly half off, so a nice discount if you don't mind basically waiting out the Beta period.

No... They have trials. They're 60 minutes long.

No I don't.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, and you can also buy and play while it is in 'Preview'.

In my excitement over it all I didn't pay attention to the fact they both had trials as well, so a derp to me for arguing that part.

Mulletude on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Actually, I have a question if anyone's bought Elite yet: can you play it with multiple accounts? By which I mean, on the PC, you get one account per purchase, which means if you and someone else both want to play but you don't want to share spaceships and money, then you have to pay again. I'm really hoping that on the One, everyone gets what's effectively their own 'save'.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Some pretty decent offerings for GwG in July:
    ZrnYfSO.png

Gears 3 is pretty high up on the voting list for XB1 BC, so grab it even if you don't have a XB360.
    Interesting that they're offering AC4 again, they've already given away the XB360 version.
    'So Many Me' already has a pretty good demo up on Steam if you've not heard of it before.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ohhhh it's "So Many Me"

I thought it said Somomy Moo...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Nice with Black Flag, heard a lot of good things about it, already did buy PvsZ but great fun if you havent tried it.

Hoping Xbox One Terraria is given in GWG next month, or I find a physical version that isnt priced by a vulture, seriously Terraria Xbox One is set at 38$ here, even though EU gets fucked on the usual, this is too much for me.

Digital version is 23$, I'd prefer having a CD though, I dont like digital that much until they let me treat it like I own the game no matter which account has it.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Actually, I have a question if anyone's bought Elite yet: can you play it with multiple accounts? By which I mean, on the PC, you get one account per purchase, which means if you and someone else both want to play but you don't want to share spaceships and money, then you have to pay again. I'm really hoping that on the One, everyone gets what's effectively their own 'save'.
    I downloaded the 60-minute trial and it wanted me to sign-in/sign-up for a Frontier account (I didn't get any further than that), sooo... Maybe?

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I had AC:Pirates for free on the PC from a friend who got it with their video card, downloaded it and then lost it in a format and reinstall and never got around to reinstalling it. Soooo....huzzah, and without uplay!

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    AC4 on Bone is soooooo pretty.
    Though sometimes the cannon smoke can obscure targeting. The water effects and smooth transitions are nice.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I had AC:Pirates for free on the PC from a friend who got it with their video card, downloaded it and then lost it in a format and reinstall and never got around to reinstalling it. Soooo....huzzah, and without uplay!

Well, still with uplay, but uplay on consoles is less about shitty DRM and more about "hey, here's some neat in game items you can have for playing our game."

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I played the shit out of Ubisoft's: Pirates!
    I think I even found all the shanties.
    Didn't do the legendary ships though.

She's lovely on the fortyard, she's lovely down below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtH_rHu9XA

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    I've been meaning to play that pirates game, just haven't had the time. :T

I passed on Black Flag, ignored it on sale, but I guess I'll grab it now.

• Options
    The Long Dark is interesting. Survival game where the enemies are wolves, the cold and starvation. Need to finish up the trial before i decide to drop a twenty on it though

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    I downloaded the 60-minute trial and it wanted me to sign-in/sign-up for a Frontier account (I didn't get any further than that), sooo... Maybe?

Hm. Feels like something that should have a conclusive answer out there. I'll keep looking.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Does Evolve still have a good population for online play?

It seems you can get the game--and all DLC, I think?--for $40. I enjoyed the heck out of the beta, was simply too busy to pick it up when the game was launched.

• Options
    I held off on Evolve because it seems like a game where shitty teammates would be even more irritating than usual.

Beta was fun though

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

It seems you can get the game--and all DLC, I think?--for $40. I enjoyed the heck out of the beta, was simply too busy to pick it up when the game was launched.

There is a second season pass. So maybe think again on that pricing.

• Options

There are enthusiasts, as there always are, but I think broad consensus is that it's crippled some bad design that leads to boring play (avoiding combat till the end of the match, etc.)

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

There is a second season pass. So maybe think again on that pricing.

Good to know, I wasn't aware of that.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Really looking forward to AC, havent played it yet.

• Options
    I just said fuck it and strung 15 ft worth of USB cables.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Amazon.com in Mexico just expanded their repertoire of products to include game consoles. They have a bundle with Witcher 3 for around 380 USD.

Tempting.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA